Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? (14993 Views)

How Do I Install Google Play Services In Gionee 5005l / 6 DANGEROUS Android Apps You Need To Uninstall Right Now! Number 1'll Shock You / Installation Of Google Play Services On Phones That Didn't Come With Playstore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by xtervaganza(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2021
Trojan8:

And what happens when they become outdated?
if your apps are up to date right now, you can still use all your apps for more than a year without update. Not all apps though as some of them will expire .
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Pofgrace(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2021
Valkan:

just uninstall updates or disable it
and just so you know phone master isn't pathetic

and avoid people like this who will even blame transsion for Nigeria's problems sad
trashion na phone?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by MangekyoAlt: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2021
angelfallz:
Why not buy a nokia phone or google pixel or a samsung phone that comes with stock android? Nokia phones come with stock android.
Stock android is the original OS that has not be pimped by phone manufacturers. Phone manufacturers love-vendor the original android OS so that they can add their own apps and services, (which can lead to bloatware on your phone). That is why many phones like infinix, xiaomi, tecno, most samsung phones etc always come with so many apps that you would end up not using at all.

Buy a phone that comes with stock android, it is the best.

Thanks, I'll do that when u have enough cash. Hopefully next year

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Pofgrace(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2021
HenryDion:

My friends stop talking from your ass. Have you forgotten that Google owns android?
what's this one spewing ?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Pofgrace:
what's this one spewing ?

Calling out your misinformed self... So it's all transsion devices that run on Android abi?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Pofgrace(m): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2021
MartinsD12:

Which transsion phone you Don use before ❓ because I still use my tecno camon x after 3 years one month still counting infact am typing with it now, and am planning buying transsion tecno device before the year ends
tecno spark 2 then
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Pofgrace(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2021
HenryDion:

Calling out your misinformed self... So it's all transsion devices that run on Android abi?
I'm still an android user but there's a huge difference between the product I'm using and trashsion
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Pofgrace:
are they running on Linux or iOS?

You're slow..
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Pofgrace(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2021
HenryDion:

You're slow..
trashsion is the worst I've ever used
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by tradepunter: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

the app is taking too much memory na....and battery sef. That is unacceptable.
Meanwhile, I just want to know if chrome & Gmail would still work "properly" after permanently deleting it. The app dey annoying

Baba go and buy proper phone...

You obviously have a low budget phone and you trying to make function like an high end phone... That my friend won't work..

Google playstore apart from giving apps is connected to the android system... They give general security to your phone in rooted format.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Dynamiceagle(f): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2021
That how someone got a new Tecno phone, 4gb\128gb and it's hanging after two months usage and he hasn't used up to half of the storage ����
Later they will say I'm a Xiaomi marketer

Enjoy you infinix while it lasts
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by tradepunter: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2021
Pofgrace:
trashion na phone?

Abeg leave them...

Na poverty I blame, when someone is limited in everything they think within the framework of their limitations.

This in turn now becomes God in their eyes... They never use phone but du shout trassion up and down
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by baralatie(m): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2021
DesChyko:
It will be good to know how much RAM your phone shipped with.
And if it's that active, you may want to work on the apps that required it to keep running as such.
Just like screen time, if it's always running, some apps are keeping it so; and the more the apps, the higher the RAM usage.
You can use Greenify to manage your RAM usage though. It's lightweight.
It could be those 512 mb ram phones
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by baralatie(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2021
Dynamiceagle:
That how someone got a new Tecno phone, 4gb\128gb and it's hanging after two months usage and he hasn't used up to half of the storage ����
Later they will say I'm a Xiaomi marketer

Enjoy you infinix while it lasts
Fear God o

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by MartinsD12(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2021
Pofgrace:
tecno spark 2 then
You see the problem, you did not use a good tecno phone
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by MartinsD12(m): 11:45am On Oct 19, 2021
Drunkard1:
the brand with best quality at ur range at that time.
grin
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Pofgrace(m): 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
MartinsD12:

You see the problem, you did not use a good tecno phone
there's nothing good about that product honestly except the price
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by unmask: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
I want to know if it is safe to delete Google play services. The app keeps running in my background and using 40% of my ram.
I can't optimize or force stop it because apparently infinix made it untouchable undecided

I've used Adb command to uninstall phone master, YouTube go, as well as other useless & pathetic follow-come apps

The reason why I haven't done the same with Google play services is because some claim all Google apps are linked to it. Will Google Chrome, playstore, Gmail and other relevant Google apps work without it?

Tnx in advance
get a better phone
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by OloyeVIII: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
ouvredeparis:
The name of the app has said it all.... "Services"..... If anything goes wrong with the app... Forget about Google services on your phone.... More like buying Huawei without Google play services... You'll have to sideload Google play services

Ahye!!! good to see someone who fvckx around with android... Sideload gave you out grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by DAramis: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
angelfallz:
Next time you are buying a phone, buy a phone that comes with stock android.

Mention examples of phones that comes with stock android?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by OloyeVIII: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

I soft bricked my device while trying to root it with magisk about 3 months ago. I had to pay 4k with the man even telling that it was a 50/50 job. Also, I gave him to root it for me, but he couldn't after almost 2 hours of trying

Is there a way to safely root without any risk of bricking?
Bcus the last time I did, I watched many YouTube tutorials and also read articles from XDA forum. Im sure I didn't make any mistake

maybe i can help...worked from Samsung Galaxy S3 all the way to S10....all rooted except my S5 cos it was brought in from Cincinnati(AT&T) had i shipped back cos it wasn't Exynos..a lot can be done though to fix this issue but still you'll need a better device.. an unofficial ROM might work.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by MangekyoAlt: 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
OloyeVIII:

maybe i can help...worked from Samsung Galaxy S3 all the way to S10....all rooted except my S5 cos it was brought in from Cincinnati(AT&T) had i shipped back cos it wasn't Exynos..a lot can be done though to fix this issue but still you'll need a better device.. an unofficial ROM might work.

How did you root them?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by ouvredeparis: 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
OloyeVIII:

Ahye!!! good to see someone who fvckx around with android... Sideload gave you out grin

I remain loyal cool
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by angelfallz(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
Nokia phones, google pixel

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-smartphones-stock-android-844672/

DAramis:

Mention examples of phones that comes with stock android?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by omoadeleye(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
Flamees:

Does it mean that olay services is not in your phone?

It's on every android phone, it just depend on how your phone manage the app, but wm using a 6 gig ram phone
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by yoged(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Na money wey pesin no get make me dey use infinix. Very useless phone.
I'm targeting a xiaomi already.
you are using 1Ram infinix and complaining. What do you expect ? I'm using 6Ram and loving it. Go and buy phone with higher Ram and stop ranting
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by DAramis: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
angelfallz:
Nokia phones, google pixel

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-smartphones-stock-android-844672/

okay, not a fan of those two phones mentioned.

Thanks by the way.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by kpo56(m): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Na money wey pesin no get make me dey use infinix. Very useless phone.
I'm targeting a xiaomi already.

My guy infinix no be better phone. It'll keep showing Google service as stop
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by MartinsD12(m): 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
Pofgrace:
there's nothing good about that product honestly except the price
You bought cheap phone expecting a good performance, like I said I still use a tecno camon x I bought in 2018 September 3 more than three years after is still serving me well and has never hanged or given me issues infact am planning buying another tecno phone my budget is 80 to 90k, or even more than even if it means waiting for 4 months more to get it because if I eventually get this one na the next 5 to 6 years I go change the phone except business purposes made me change it, my point with all these story is buy what is worth it, enjoy it, there are good tecno phones out there.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by mhmsadyq(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
Oyiboman69:
do mean, in the process of rooting or what?

No after rooting.
When removing useless apps.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by TechNana(f): 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Fash20:
What app is this?

T-UI
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
Pofgrace:
Buy better fone you'll not gree na trashion you'll buy

May God give me no reason to buy that product again in my life Omo that fone nearly destroy me
Hahahhahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 / Facebook Launches New Messenger- Messenger 4 / Convert Any Android Phone To Start Working As Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.