Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. (1074 Views)

Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take / 3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
This is my reply to the following thread https://www.nairaland.com/6806531/human-sacrifice-christianity-deeper-take

I hope you find it helpful.

I take it that the OP either hasn't read the Bible thoroughly or doesn't really understand what is written in it even if he has read it.

First of all, it is God's divine law that the punishment for sin is death. This is stated clearly in Scripture. Eze 18:20 "The soul who sins shall die. Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death

It was established from the very beginning God told our parents Adam and Eve, 'but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die' Gen 2:17

But God loves people and doesn't want theme to die, but still someone must die, someone must pay for the sin, God would never let sin go without someone dying for it. Concerning His attitude towards sin, God says in Exodus 34:7 "keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children's children to the third and the fourth generation.". God won't simply ignore sin. He is a Just Judge and must address sin.

So what does He do about this sin issue?

Under the old covenant, God made a way for people not to have to die for their own sins and He did that through animal sacrifices. When a person sins, they become guilty, but then instead of God placing the guilt on them and carrying out the penalty which is death, he instructed them to bring an animal to the priest whom he appointed, the priest then lays his hand on the animals head, transfers the guilt for the sin to the animal, and then carries out God's judgement on that animal for the sin committed by the person. This is all detailed in Leviticus chapters 1 to 6.

But those sacrifices weren't sufficient.

Firstly, because they didn't completely wipe the guilt of sin away from a person's record and that is why they had to be offered so frequently. They just provided a temporary covering for the sin and when the person sins again, they have to sacrifice another animal and they did this over and over and over and over.

Heb 10:1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Secondly, no animal sacrifice was ever sufficient for the whole world. Heb 10:11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.. God didn't just want Israel to be saved but He wanted the whole world saved as well (John3:16). So how does He see to it?

That's where Jesus comes in.

You see, it is wrong to compare the sacrifice of Jesus to any other ritualistic sacrifice ever carried out because of the following reasons:

1. Jesus gave His life willingly.

John 10:18 "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.".

He wasn't kidnapped like most victims of ritual killings are. The motivation behind His sacrifice was love

(John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son)..

This isn't true about the ritual sacrifices we see today. People sacrificing people to gods out of greed and selfishness in order to obtain money or power or health. People kidnapping people and killing them against their will.

2. Jesus was a sacrifice God provided for Himself and by Himself. All the ritual killers have to be the ones to source for their sacrifices by themselves. None of the various gods have ever provided a sacrifice for themselves.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Heb 10:5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then I said, 'Behold, I have come; In the volume of the book it is written of Me; To do Your will, O God.'"

3. The sacrifice of Jesus covers the whole world. No ritual sacrifice can compare to that of Jesus in terms of magnitude. Jesus' sacrifice covers everyone who ever will exist.

(John 3:16).

Heb 9:28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

Heb 7:27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

I have heard of ritual sacrifices covering an entire community but i have never heard of any ritual sacrifice that covered every human that will ever exist.

4. Jesus was the first and last human sacrifice that the Hebrew God has ever accepted. Because Jesus was a one of a kind person. He never sinned.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin., He lived a perfect life

2Co 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ..

This made Him the perfect sacrifice because based on old testament revelation God never accepted a sacrifice that had any kind of imperfection. If a lamb or bull or goat had a scar, a missing limb or any kind of imperfection it was never accepted. That's why God stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son, his sacrifice would have been in vain because Isaac was a sinner, he wasn't perfect.

gods will never stop accepting human sacrifices. Ritual sacrifices will continue to happen till Jesus comes.

5. The sacrifice of Jesus is a one-time affair. It is perfectly perfect and completely complete. God will never accept another human sacrifice because Jesus offered a perfect sacrifice and there never will be another need for a human sacrifice or anyone worthy of being sacrificed to God.

Heb 10:12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God

Heb 9:25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, like the earthly high priest who enters the Most Holy Place year after year to offer the blood of an animal.
Heb 9:26 If that had been necessary, he would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But no! He came once for all time, at the end of the age, to remove the power of sin forever by his sacrificial death for us.

If ritual sacrifices were perfect then why do they do it continually? Every now and then we hear of someone being used as a ritual sacrifice this is because there can never be any perfect ritual sacrifice.

6. Jesus was raised from the dead after three whole days. Tell me which one of the numerous ritual sacrifices have ever been said to be raised from the dead.

John 10:18 "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.".

1Co 15:4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, as the Scriptures said.

Act 2:32 "This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.

The resurrection of Jesus is historically proven for two reasons.

Firstly, the empty tomb. If Jesus was still lying dead in a tomb His disciples wouldn't have been going around telling people He was risen. Also, it would be illogical to assume that his disciples upon meeting His tomb empty would have concluded that He had risen from the dead, because they weren't expecting Him to be raised from the dead even though Jesus clearly told them that He would die and be raised from the dead more than once.

Luke 24:12 But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths lying by themselves; and he departed, marveling to himself at what had happened.

Secondly, the postmortem appearances. He appeared physically to several of His disciples different times and they are properly documented. This is what led them to conclude that He had risen from the dead and not the fact that His tomb was empty.

John 21:13 Then Jesus served them the bread and the fish.
John 21:14 This was the third time Jesus had appeared to his disciples since he had been raised from the dead.

Acts 1:3 During the forty days after his crucifixion, he appeared to the apostles from time to time and proved to them in many ways that he was actually alive. On these occasions he talked to them about the Kingdom of God.

1Co 15:4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, as the Scriptures said.
1Co 15:5 He was seen by Peter and then by the twelve apostles.
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen by more than five hundred of his followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died by now.
1Co 15:7 Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 Last of all, I saw him, too, long after the others, as though I had been born at the wrong time.

Asides from Scripture, till this day there still are reports of people who have actually seen the risen Jesus live and direct.

I have never heard of an instance of a ritual sacrifice being raised from the dead after being dead for an extended period of time.

7. The sacrifice of Jesus was just and fair. Do you know why? Because Jesus was raised from the dead. Think about it. If Jesus was never raised from the dead would it be fair for many to be living and enjoying eternity while the person that made it possible was deprived of life forever? That's another reason why it couldn't be anyone else. Because if a sinful man was sacrificed, he would be in hell now and forever while those who believe in him get to enjoy comfort in heaven forever. That wouldn't be fair, would it?

Ritual sacrifices aren't fair. They are borne out of greed and insecurity and lust and hatred. People are deprived of life because another person wants to be powerful or prosperous or in good health.

Isa 53:10 But it was the LORD's good plan to crush him and fill him with grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have a multitude of children, many heirs. He will enjoy a long life, and the LORD's plan will prosper in his hands.

8. Jesus was both the sacrifice and the person offering the sacrifice. Under the old covenant there were two most important pieces in any sacrifice and these were the sacrifice itself and the priest offering the sacrifice. And Jesus didn't offer the sacrifice in an earthly temple, but in heaven itself, where the real temple is.

Heb 9:24 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;
Heb 9:25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another;
Heb 9:26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
Heb 9:28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

I have never heard of any ritual sacrifice in which the person offering the sacrifice was both the priest and the offering. Also, i have never heard of any ritual sacrifice carried out in heaven. Have you?

So you see, there is a vast difference between ritual sacrifices and the sacrifice of Jesus. And it is wrong and illogical to even compare the both of them to each other.

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2021
@Premiumwriter
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2021
Jesus is Lord
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hallelujah
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:16am On Oct 20, 2021
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Sorry I've not been able to reply this for some time not because I was not online. I just had little time on my hands nowadays.

Coming back to the topic, I planned on replying to every point you raised in your post but at the same time, I realized that the very post you made is a justification for my earlier post.

So, it wouldn't make any sense to quote and dissect your post any more.

So this is all I will like to say, a Muslim believes that Allah is the maker of all things. This Allah has preferences, he loves the Muslims and detest the people Muslims call infidels.

Allah wants everyone to be Muslims and live 'holy' lives according to his commandments in the Quran. But the infidels will not have any of these.

Since infidels are not living according to the standard set by Allah. Allah has given Muslims the right to kill as many infidels as they could to make the world a 'better Islamic place'.

This law was established by Allah and since Allah created everything, then he has a right to say what is right and what isn't. All the Muslims have to do is obey him and they will never be wrong.

The above analogy has been overly simplified and I'm sorry to any Muslim reading this. But in the same vein, the above serves as the basis to why a jihadist will go to any village, raze it down with fire and kill every infidel in that village.

And he'll be perfectly justified because he killed only infidels whom his God has commanded him to kill.

He is perfectly right in his religious beliefs but to you as a Christian, he is a terrorist.

Can you see why we try to move away from the REASON behind an act and instead focus on the ACT itself? If we are to justify the reason behind an act, every religion has a reason why they carry out the sacrifices they carry out.

Just as you place your God on a premium pedestal as a maker of all things, so do the Muslims. Just as your God made a DEMAND on the basis which he can be appeased, so do the gods of other religions made demand for how to be appeased.

And they all have perfectly reasonable reasons why these demands must be met. Yours is that the 'whole world has sinned against your God and fallen short of his glory' the Muslims and thousands of other religions have their own reasons.

Seeing this similitude, I then say, reasons aside, why do Christians justify the shedding of the blood of a man to please their God but condemn every other religions who does the same thing or even less with the blood of animals?

My reasoning and direction of argument has no bearing on my understanding of the Bible, just as you would go into your Bible and find reasons why it is perfectly right to kill a man to cleanse the sins of the whole world, a jihadist can go into his Quran and give you thirty perfect reasons why he must wear a suicide bomb and kill all the infidels on the next flight to Europe.

And the chief priest of amadioha can tell you more than five reasons why the village head should sacrifice 5 goats before the next harvest. If there's no reason behind an act no one will carry out such acts.

A thief steals because he is in need of that item. But the judge does not listen to that reason. Rather he judges the act of theft. Once you steal, a crime has been committed and you must appear before the court regardless of the reason why you stole.

I'm giving you the position of a judge in a court, judge between amadioha who requires the blood of goat to cleanse his followers who believes he is the creator of the universe and the God whom the Christian believes is the maker of all things who require the blood of another man to cleanse the Christians of their sins.

You are a just and righteous judge who does not believe in any of these gods. Now judge carefully, who should be condemned, amadioha or the God of the Christians?

2 Likes

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2021
Premiumwriter:
... If we are to justify the reason behind an act, every religion has a reason why they carry out the sacrifices they carry out.

This is what we all have seen, the Power of Justification does not come from us. It comes from God Himself.

"Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.". Exodus 23:7

Which is why we truly see that men may state their reasons for an act BUT IF GOD DOES NOT UPHOLD IT, THAT REASON WILL NOT HOLD WATER.

IT WILL HAVE NO POWER.

IT WILL BE REMOVED AND DASHED TO PIECES BY MEN.

BUT WHEN IT IS BACKED BY GOD, NO ONE IN THE WORLD CAN SMASH IT. IT IS A SOLID ROCK!
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 10:48am On Oct 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is what we all have seen, the Power of Justification does not come from us. It comes from God Himself.

"Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.". Exodus 23:7

Which is why we truly see that men may state their reasons for an act BUT IF GOD DOES NOT UPHOLD IT, THAT REASON WILL NOT HOLD WATER.

IT WILL HAVE NO POWER.

IT WILL BE REMOVED AND DASHED TO PIECES BY MEN.

BUT WHEN IT IS BACKED BY GOD, NO ONE IN THE WORLD CAN SMASH IT. IT IS A SOLID ROCK!

Just as the Taliban beheading that basketball girl is based on the reason by their God.

I believe that made it perfectly right

1 Like

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
Premiumwriter:

Just as the Taliban beheading that basketball girl is based on the reason by their God.

I believe that made it perfectly right

And that act IS NOT JUSTIFIED BY GOD AS PROVEN BY THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO DEFEND (JUSTIFY) IT.

All they say is that they have the ability to do it as Armed Robbers have the ability to drive your car away and nothing cogently more.

So it is simply words of an Armed Robber attempting to defend his stealing.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And that act IS NOT JUSTIFIED BY GOD AS PROVEN BY THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO DEFEND (JUSTIFY) IT.

All they say is that they have the ability to do it as Armed Robbers have the ability to drive your car away and nothing cogently more.

So it is simply words of an Armed Robber attempting to defend his stealing.

there's no justification for killing anyone...not for God nor for love or even for transgressions.

And no, the Talibans can justify why they killed the girl just as they can justify every suicide bomb...if you'll sit down to listen to their religion like you want me to listen to yours

2 Likes

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
Premiumwriter:
there's no justification for killing anyone...not for God nor for love or even for transgressions...

If you do not know how to judge, does not mean there are others who can not.

And the Judgment is that Killing of your toys and creations (cars, toys, mannequins, robots etc) is Lawful. (Right of An Owner over His Possessions)

Killing by reason of an attack to cause grievous bodily harm is Law Full. (Self-Defence)

And a few other ones.

These are the days of blasphemies, so come out and add your name.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If you do not know how to judge, does not mean there are others who can not.

And the Judgment is that Killing of your toys and creations (cars, toys, mannequins, robots etc) is Lawful. (Right of An Owner over His Possessions)

Killing by reason of an attack to cause grievous bodily harm is Law Full. (Self-Defence)

And a few other ones.

These are the days of blasphemies, so come out and add your name.

We are talking about man's life and you are talking about toys.

If there's a reason for a God to kill, then there's a reason for every gods to kill.

Oh I forgot, yours is the true one. All the others are false

2 Likes

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
Premiumwriter:
We are talking about man's life and you are talking about toys.

If there's a reason for a God to kill, then there's a reason for every gods to kill.

Oh I forgot, yours is the true one. All the others are false

As I said earlier, if you do not know how to Judge, others have settled the rightfulness of these matters.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 8:02am On Oct 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As I said earlier, if you do not know how to Judge, others have settled the rightfulness of these matters.
You all are the same. Same patterns all the time.

When someone goes against your belief it's either he doesn't know how to read the bible or is misquoting.

Disgusting thing for any sane mind.

If there's a 'rightfulness' of human Sacrifice in Christianity which y'all were trying to deny earlier on, then there's a rightfulness of human Sacrifice in every other religion.

Why should we judge Christianity from every other person's belief? And then to think that Christians preach of a God that do not want blood like our local traditional religion... Sooo uncool

2 Likes

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
Premiumwriter:
You all are the same. Same patterns all the time.

When someone goes against your belief it's either he doesn't know how to read the bible or is misquoting.

Disgusting thing for any sane mind.

This is me stopping at the reasonable boundary that I must stop.

For you obviously do not appreciate that you are passing a greatly erroneous JUDGEMENT, without Fairness, Balance and Awareness of the Relevant Laws in Force.

So seeing this mighty defect, I am stopping here so as that I do not give you offence in saying what I know you would call offensive. Whereas, it is because of the areas you do not know which has informed your wrongful stance.

Premiumwriter:

If there's a 'rightfulness' of human Sacrifice in Christianity which y'all were trying to deny earlier on, then there's a rightfulness of human Sacrifice in every other religion.

Why should we judge Christianity from every other person's belief? And then to think that Christians preach of a God that do not want blood like our local traditional religion... Sooo uncool

This is what we all know but some of us do know it better than others, the Difference between Right and Good vs. Wrong and Evil is like Eva Bottled Water and Sockaway Water.

And When a thing is Right, it is Right Everywhere eg Good Judgements, Contentment, Loyalty, Fairness, Justice etc.

And when a thing is Wrong, it is wrong everywhere eg Stealing, Adultery, Lying, Murdering, Malice etc.

These things have long been settled but you obviously have difficulty discerning and dividing wrong from right, and that is a personal problem you have to solve for yourself.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is what we all know but some of us do know it better than others,

The usual abracadabra.

Let me help you add more "this thing is a mystery and beyond human understanding"

"the Bible is beyond human comprehension, you cannot understand it with your mind"

"this mystery is only known to a few of us even though many people can read it"

"you cannot understand the Bible with logic"

All the usual abracadabra

If there's fairness in your belief to offer a human Sacrifice to your God but unfair for others to offer to theirs, then what is the mystery there than you are only lying to yourself?

There's nothing in this reasoning that only you can understand or that you understand it better than others.

Every religion holds that when man sins against his god, he needs to sacrifice something to appease that god.

Yours chose the life of a man. Others chose goat and sometimes the life of a man too.

If you think your God has a special reason why you must offer a man to him, don't you think others have their own special reasons?

Stop explaining away and accept the fact that regardless of anything you might say, the foundation of Christianity is the blood of a man.

And if you must critize other religions, then get ready to at least remove the log (of human Sacrifice) in your eyes first before condemning those offering goats and other lesser animals to their gods.

side note

And doesn't it worry anyone looking that a God who in the old testament condemned those offering human sacrifices to chemosh and the sun gods suddenly require human blood in the new testament? No matter how you try to explain things, first off, you have to accept that a man's blood was shed on the alter of a god. That alone is what made God angry at chemosh. If anything he'd be angry with himself too

1 Like

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:49am On Oct 24, 2021
Premiumwriter:

The usual abracadabra

If there's fairness in your belief to offer a human Sacrifice to your God but unfair for others to offer to theirs, then what is the mystery there than you are only lying to yourself?

Since you do not know how to be fair or fairness, then in you are not in any good position to speak.

I believe there is nothing reasonable for you to say for you are now in repeat mode, for I have addressed these issues earlier and you could not rebut them.

You are just changing post anyhow!
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Since you do not know how to be fair or fairness, then in you are not in any good position to speak.

I believe there is nothing reasonable for you to say for you are now in repeat mode, for I have addressed these issues earlier and you could not rebut them.

You are just changing post anyhow!

Lolz trying to pin another one on me again just as y'all say I am the one trying to justify human Sacrifice but I clearly proved that you are the one justifying it.

I am the one been fair here and you are not.

What is good for A is also good for B. What is right for the goose is also good for the gander.

If your God decides to forgive you with the shedding of a human blood, isn't it fairness for others to do the same thing?

Why then do you condemn others, o thou fairest judge? Why?

1 Like

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2021
Premiumwriter:

Lolz trying to pin another one on me again just as y'all say I am the one trying to justify human Sacrifice but I clearly proved that you are the one justifying it.

Review your post from the beginning. You made a presentation, I Countered!

You Abandoned your presentation to query mine and I answered you, then you SWITCHED BACK (CHANGED POST) to your original biased view. to which I am now removing myself from your personal issues in respect of your rights.

I can only argue but I can not and will never compell you to accept my position.

So I think it safe for us to live it this way.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Review your post from the beginning. You made a presentation, I Countered!

You Abandoned your presentation to query mine and I answered you, then you SWITCHED BACK (CHANGED POST) to your original biased view. to which I am now removing myself from your personal issues in respect of your rights.

I can only argue but I can not and will never compell you to accept my position.

So I think it safe for us to live it this way.

Total lies.

Everything I have said since is that CHRISTIANITY Is FOUNDED UPON HUMAN SACRIFICE.

I have not said anything beside that.

You are the one trying to say that is not true even when your Bible clearly stated it.

I neither condemn nor say this is a good thing. All I said was that if Christianity is so established on human Sacrifice then it has no right to condemn others offering lesser animals or sacrifices of the same proportion to their gods.

This has been my point. Nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by paltielx: 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sacrifice came in because our first parents lost their perfect state before God and die, with it we can individually gain God's approval since we are all sinners
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Premiumwriter: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
paltielx:
Sacrifice came in because our first parents lost their perfect state before God and die, with it we can individually gain God's approval since we are all sinners
lolz.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by DeepSight(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

So you see, there is a vast difference between ritual sacrifices and the sacrifice of Jesus. And it is wrong and illogical to even compare the both of them to each other.

Shalom!

Stop working so hard to deceive yourself. The alleged propitiatory sacrifice of Christ is ritual human sacrifice. Pagan and repugnant.

1 Like

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by DeepSight(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Premiumwriter:

Total lies.

Everything I have said since is that CHRISTIANITY Is FOUNDED UPON HUMAN SACRIFICE.

I have not said anything beside that.

You are the one trying to say that is not true even when your Bible clearly stated it.

I neither condemn nor say this is a good thing. All I said was that if Christianity is so established on human Sacrifice then it has no right to condemn others offering lesser animals or sacrifices of the same proportion to their gods.

This has been my point. Nothing else.

Bang on point. Perfectly true - and no length of self-deceiving-twisted epistles can deny that fact.

1 Like

Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
Premiumwriter:

Sorry I've not been able to reply this for some time not because I was not online. I just had little time on my hands nowadays.

Coming back to the topic, I planned on replying to every point you raised in your post but at the same time, I realized that the very post you made is a justification for my earlier post.

So, it wouldn't make any sense to quote and dissect your post any more.

So this is all I will like to say, a Muslim believes that Allah is the maker of all things. This Allah has preferences, he loves the Muslims and detest the people Muslims call infidels.

Allah wants everyone to be Muslims and live 'holy' lives according to his commandments in the Quran. But the infidels will not have any of these.

Since infidels are not living according to the standard set by Allah. Allah has given Muslims the right to kill as many infidels as they could to make the world a 'better Islamic place'.

This law was established by Allah and since Allah created everything, then he has a right to say what is right and what isn't. All the Muslims have to do is obey him and they will never be wrong.

The above analogy has been overly simplified and I'm sorry to any Muslim reading this. But in the same vein, the above serves as the basis to why a jihadist will go to any village, raze it down with fire and kill every infidel in that village.

And he'll be perfectly justified because he killed only infidels whom his God has commanded him to kill.

He is perfectly right in his religious beliefs but to you as a Christian, he is a terrorist.

Can you see why we try to move away from the REASON behind an act and instead focus on the ACT itself? If we are to justify the reason behind an act, every religion has a reason why they carry out the sacrifices they carry out.

Just as you place your God on a premium pedestal as a maker of all things, so do the Muslims. Just as your God made a DEMAND on the basis which he can be appeased, so do the gods of other religions made demand for how to be appeased.

And they all have perfectly reasonable reasons why these demands must be met. Yours is that the 'whole world has sinned against your God and fallen short of his glory' the Muslims and thousands of other religions have their own reasons.

Seeing this similitude, I then say, reasons aside, why do Christians justify the shedding of the blood of a man to please their God but condemn every other religions who does the same thing or even less with the blood of animals?

My reasoning and direction of argument has no bearing on my understanding of the Bible, just as you would go into your Bible and find reasons why it is perfectly right to kill a man to cleanse the sins of the whole world, a jihadist can go into his Quran and give you thirty perfect reasons why he must wear a suicide bomb and kill all the infidels on the next flight to Europe.

And the chief priest of amadioha can tell you more than five reasons why the village head should sacrifice 5 goats before the next harvest. If there's no reason behind an act no one will carry out such acts.

A thief steals because he is in need of that item. But the judge does not listen to that reason. Rather he judges the act of theft. Once you steal, a crime has been committed and you must appear before the court regardless of the reason why you stole.

I'm giving you the position of a judge in a court, judge between amadioha who requires the blood of goat to cleanse his followers who believes he is the creator of the universe and the God whom the Christian believes is the maker of all things who require the blood of another man to cleanse the Christians of their sins.

You are a just and righteous judge who does not believe in any of these gods. Now judge carefully, who should be condemned, amadioha or the God of the Christians?

Well you can't exactly interpret an act accurately without first knowing the reason behind the act.

Also, like i mentioned earlier and will mention again, in the history of all mankind the Christian God has only ever accepted one human sacrifice and this can't be compared with the sacrifices being offered to amadioha and the likes.

Also, God is not the one that killed Jesus, man did, but Jesus offered Himself to God as a sacrifice.

I don't think you read thoroughly or understood what i posted and for that reason i recommend that you read it again.

I carefully explained the differences between the sacrifice of Jesus and human sacrifices if you understood what i wrote you'd be commenting differently.

You seem to be hooked on the fact that a human being was sacrificed and have chosen not to take your gaze of that and look at all the things that led up to the sacrifice and the aftermath of the said sacrifice.

Why should you be comparing the sacrifice of Jesus to that of amadioha? Have any of amadioha's sacrifices been said to have been raised from the dead?

Please read my post again. I don't believe you did and even if you did i don't believe you get my points.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
DeepSight:

Stop working so hard to deceive yourself. The alleged propitiatory sacrifice of Christ is ritual human sacrifice. Pagan and repugnant.

But Jesus was raised from the dead. Can this be said about any ritual sacrifice?
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by KnownUnknown: 2:01am On Oct 25, 2021
N
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by KnownUnknown: 2:49am On Oct 25, 2021
G
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2021
Premiumwriter:
...I have not said anything beside that...

...I neither condemn nor say this is a good thing. All I said was that if Christianity is so established on human Sacrifice then it has no right to condemn others offering lesser animals or sacrifices of the same proportion to their gods...

Have you not already admitted saying more in saying "Christianity is so established on human Sacrifice then it has no right to condemn others offering"?

Then, is it not condemnatory and Judgmental to say "then it has no right to condemn others offering"?

Your own words doth judge you!
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by DeepSight(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

But Jesus was raised from the dead. Can this be said about any ritual sacrifice?

A number of things to note here -

1. At all events there was still a crucifixion and a death: this in itself entails something lost or given up - even if allegedly temporary - and thus is still sacrificial in the sense argued by Christianity.

2. Christianity holds that the Christ was without sin - and that death is the wages of sin - therefore that Christ suffered death without deserving death, and thus that this was again sacrificial.

3. While crucifixion was the known standard method of Roman execution of non-Roman criminals, and while death is common to all humanity, resurrection is an unproven myth so far - and the mere fact that you believe it forms no grounds to present it as evidence of anything to those of us you regard it - rightfully - as a fantasy.

Finally - we must ask the simple question - what is ritual human sacrifice?

Let us define the words one by one. Ritual, Human and Sacrifice. So that it is clear.

Essential Meaning of ritual
1 : done as part of a ceremony or ritual (e.g) a ritual dance/ perform a ritual purification
2 : always done in a particular situation and in the same way each time ritual acts a ritual greeting/gesture

Full Definition of ritual

(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of or relating to rites or a ritual : ceremonial a ritual dance
2 : according to religious law ritual purity
3 : done in accordance with social custom or normal protocol ritual handshakes ritual background checks

(Entry 2 of 2)
1 : the established form for a ceremony specifically : the order of words prescribed for a religious ceremony
2a : ritual observance specifically : a system of rites
b : a ceremonial act or action
c : an act or series of acts regularly repeated in a set precise manner

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ritual

Please note the bolded, and you should understand that the applicable usage here is that of a rite of purification, which is what Christian teaching asserts the death on the cross to have been. Mind you, it is said to have been prophesied, and several specifications were attributed to it. It was thus a specific rite by which Christian teaching asserts that man was reunited with God, and forgiveness of sins obtained. It was also preceded by the Jewish rite of sacrifice of animals for the remission or removal of sins. This is why we say conclusively that it was ritualistic in nature.

Secondly, what is the definition of human? A human being, as we know, is a being such as ourselves. Under Christian teaching, it is said that Jesus was the "Son of Man" and (depending on what sects you listen to) - that he was fully man and fully God - at all events all schools assert - both trinitarian and non-trinitarian - that he was made man, and came as a human being. Thus, Christ is said to have had a human nature - even by those who ridiculously assert that he was also almighty God. Something which must be absurd if one also believes in his sacrificial death, because this infers that God sacrificed himself to himself so that he could allow himself to forgive man,

Thirdly, what is the meaning of sacrifice?

Essential Meaning of sacrifice
1 : the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone
2 : an act of killing a person or animal in a religious ceremony as an offering to please a god - (e.g) a place where priests performed human/animal sacrifices in ancient rituals/ a place where people were offered (up) in sacrifice to the gods
3 : a person or animal that is killed in a sacrifice (e.g) - The villagers hoped the gods would accept their sacrifice. The goat was offered as a sacrifice.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sacrifice

There you go. Nothing more to add to that.

Accordingly you can see clearly that the teaching that Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins in a propitiatory way renders the entire event and circumstance nothing but ritual human sacrifice.

And say what you will, that is nothing short of pagan and repugnant as I have said before.

And as Premiumwriter has rightly argued, if it is the cornerstone of your religion, you cannot condemn the practice elsewhere without being a most evident hypocrite. I personally add that it discloses your religion as one based on primitive and barbaric principles, and discloses your God as bloodthirsty.

PS: I generally have no problem with paganism - save those particular practices which tend to the dark, and human sacrifice is one of such.
Re: Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take - A Rebuttal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
DeepSight:

Have you not read anything i posted? How can you still hold this view after reading all that i wrote?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Lead One Into Temptation / I dreamt sleeping with my mum / Why Do Christian Men Uncover Their Head During Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.