Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) (55821 Views)

Man Hails His Wife For Cooking Multiple Soup In The Middle Of The Night (video) / Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup / Ingredients For Cooking Half Bag Jollof Rice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Cousin9999: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
reddingtonblack:

The problem is you can't leave any portion of the pot empty on fire without that side not burning off.

[img]https://c./Cb4fAjgeWzoAAAAC/ice-cream-baby.gif[/img]

ETA:

One trick you could use for maybe rice or something else is to have a tin (inner pot) or silicone bag (submerged in water) in one side. Then you just pull it out so you don't overcook the rice or whatever.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Idamond: 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
DMerciful:
So if one food don done and the other one never done, wetin go happen?

the other one go burn grin

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Cousin9999: 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
Btw People suggesting a detachable pot...spot on

It could be two or three large pot sections attached with a track that slides out. You could just pull it off with a pot holder or detachable pot handles.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Benzemma(m): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Person wey get gas cylinder before no get fridge

No be Buhari hardship dey make people turn to Buhari pot

Na so nah, � what if the person don sell the fridge because of hardship?
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Tirips(f): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
[quote author=DMerciful post=106862600]S.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Rickbronz(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2021
it will still consume the same amount of energy if not more, and then make things disorganized and complicated. Obviously, this so called 'innovation' was created by a stark illiterate. those endorsing it are no different either.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Ukeme8: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
This is what Buhari government has caused. Nawooo
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Sirpeewise: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
If one food Don Don, remove and maybe put water in that section to avoid getting the pot burned
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by pacespot(m): 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
Adjovi:

Then you'll scoop the done food eg rice inside the cooler.

Then it means the empty pot will be burning while cooking with the other one.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Kindness218: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
nokspos:
i'll purchase this pot at any cost

Even 100k
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Kindness218: 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
pacespot:

Then it means the empty pot will be burning while cooking with the other one.

You share the undone food both side
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ddokie:
It will still consume same quantity of energy.

See all the olodos on my mention.

Energy requirements cannot be shortchanged. The best science can help us to achieve is to identify areas of loss and block them.

My pikin listen to your teacher for class. For where? Na to shoot rubber and to bend head dey look pant una go dey do for class.

LPG is converted to heat which in turn cooks the food. If you require a certain quantity of heat energy to cook a full bag of rice, if you like split the pot into 20 and the rice into 20 portions, combining it with stew, it is the same quantity of joules/heat you will require over time. As a matter of fact you will even require more because every time you cook, you loose a certain quantity of heat to the environment based on the environmental conditions of your kitchen at the times you are cooking, not to talk of waste that arises from overcooking which happens every other time we cook. Add all that to the fact that heat requirements for food differs, resulting to one meal being ready while the other one is just half done. If you leave the one wen don done for fire, na to burn am be that (wastage), if you collect am leave the other one, na to dash environment heat be dat because the food is not well spread in the pot.

And then? Educate me.

/
Are you in any way suggesting that all the heat energy is efficiently used during cooking? If a portion of the otherwise wasted energy is used, what is the crime?

Education without common sense is useless.

/

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ddokie:

Energy requirements cannot be shortchanged. The best science can help us to achieve is to identify areas of loss and block them.

My pikin listen to your teacher for class. For where? Na to shoot rubber and to bend head dey look pant una go dey do for class.

LPG is converted to heat which in turn cooks the food. If you require a certain quantity of heat energy to cook a full bag of rice, if you like split the pot into 20 and the rice into 20 portions, combining it with stew, it is the same quantity of joules/heat you will require over time. As a matter of fact you will even require more because every time you cook, you loose a certain quantity of heat to the environment based on the environmental conditions of your kitchen at the times you are cooking, not to talk of waste that arises from overcooking which happens every other time we cook. Add all that to the fact that heat requirements for food differs, resulting to one meal being ready while the other one is just half done. If you leave the one wen don done for fire, na to burn am be that (wastage), if you collect am leave the other one, na to dash environment heat be dat because the food is not well spread in the pot.

In the immediate, he would think he has done something ingenious, but over time he would have to use more lpg, and Buhari would have still won.

If you check properly, that man voted for Buhari, now e wan escape the hardship wen buhari don land everybody inside. e no go work.

And then? Educate me.

You are the real olodo there.

The thermal energy consumed in cooking two portions of food in the same space will be much lower than the one required in cooking them in separate thermal space.

Also the time required for cooking will be much lower.

You definitely have a shallow knowledge of thermodynamics. This is more of exergy analysis.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Ddokie: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

You are the real olodo there.

The thermal energy consumed in cooking two portions of food in the same space will be much lower than the one required in cooking them in separate thermal space.

Also the time required for cooking will be much lower.

It's just common sense which you seems to lack.

Olodo.

Go and ask for a refund for the physics classes you attended in school. It was a waste.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ddokie:

Olodo.

Go and ask for a refund for the physics classes you attended in school. It was a waste.

You are very much stupid, I have two academic papers on heat transfer and entropy analysis of nanofluid based heat exchanger in reputable international journals.

I am a thermofluid engineer to the core.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Are you in any way suggesting that all the heat energy is efficiently used during cooking? If a portion of the otherwise wasted energy is used, what is the crime?

Education without common sense is useless.

/

The guy has no knowledge of thermodynamics or exergy analysis. Also he lacks common sense to be able to realize that you can do more work with less energy.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
Rickbronz:
it will still consume the same amount of energy if not more, and then make things disorganized and complicated. Obviously, this so called 'innovation' was created by a stark illiterate. those endorsing it are no different either.

You are the illiterate here. This is more of exergy analysis. Not just about the energy consumed, it's about using the energy in a more efficient way.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Ddokie: 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

You are very much stupid, I have two academic papers on heat transfer and entropy analysis of nanofluid based heat exchanger in reputable international journals.

I am a thermofluid engineer to the core.

It means you have a lot of refunds to ask for since you can’t understand basic heat transfer principles.

You probably runsed your way through school and got someone to write your project.

Olodo shocked shocked
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by gstream: 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
it is a lie, what of the energy lost to heating the different pots versus easy and fast transfer of energy to one pot
Ddokie:

In the immediate, he would think he has done something ingenious, but over time he would have to use more lpg, and Buhari would have still won.

If you check properly, that man voted for Buhari, now e wan escape the hardship wen buhari don land everybody inside. e no go work.

And then? Educate me.

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Rickbronz(m): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

You are the illiterate here. This is more of exergy analysis. Not just about the energy consumed, it's about using the energy in a more efficient way.
Ddokie has explained it all. you can keep wallowing in ignorance if you wish.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by joyandfaith: 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Remove the one wey done dey ready add another one wey fit cook at the same time!

Then store am for fridge!

Chai! Sense no go kee me

You are wiseandtrue.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ddokie:

And then? Educate me.

Wow
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Ddokie: 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
Rickbronz:

I’ve told that guy to go and ask for a refund from the schools he claims to have attended.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2021
Rickbronz:

You are the one wallowing in ignorance here.

I don't argue with dullards like you, mediocrity is contagious.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2021
Ddokie:

It means you have a lot of refunds to ask for since you can’t understand basic heat transfer principles.

You probably runsed your way through school and got someone to write your project.

Olodo shocked shocked

I don't argue with dullards like you, mediocrity is contagious.

Keep wallowing in your ignorance.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 6:54am On Oct 20, 2021
gstream:
it is a lie, what of the energy lost to heating the different pots versus easy and fast transfer of energy to one pot

The guy knows nothing about applied thermodynamics or heat transfer process.

His knowledge is limited to highschool physics of calorimetry.
Re: 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) by pacespot(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2021
Kindness218:

You share the undone food both side

Some foods are not meant to be shared in two places while being cooked, what about the ingredients, can you share a soup in two places or fry your stew in two places?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Shares Photo Of The 'Akara' Her Friend Made / See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today / Amala Pictures That Will Make You Drool Like Nothing Else Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.