Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder (36677 Views)

My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Help, I'm An Alcoholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by ityP(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
toren:

Na you go kill. Dindinrin.

If education was inconsequential, Op wouldn't post about it. His gf's parents wouldn't give a hoot about his education. But I understand you're too dumb to know this.

Like I said, your bf should be cautious. Na so DNA fraudsters take start. If you say you'd go ahead even if your parents no gree, it's a different thing. But to lie about his educational status to your parents, just so they'll give blessings that won't last (cause they'll definitely find out later) shows the kind of woman you are. I legit hope your husband or husband to be has kept money for DNA test angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
ityP:

Like I said, your bf should be cautious. Na so DNA fraudsters take start. If you say you'd go ahead even if your parents no gree, it's a different thing. But to lie about his educational status to your parents, just so they'll give blessings that won't last (cause they'll definitely find out later) shows the kind of woman you are. I legit hope your husband or husband to be has kept money for DNA test angry

Oga, you're daft. There's no sense in what you have written. Absolutely no correlation between what I told my parents and the other incomprehensible nonsense you typed.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Kyf1: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2021
So bad You have been used and dumped by another simp scouter nigerian girl

You have been spending on her all the years but the same family sees nothing wrong with that until u want to make the next move

Don’t be fooled

These girls are smart , just play your part
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by BoosBae(f): 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
tarantino1:

Says the rétarded buffon that can't spell to save her life.

Go on, laugh at yourself. It's pretty much obvious to everyone that your life is a joke.

Dunce

Buahaha, I thought you could spell, teacher Washington grin

I guess you tried spelling your name Buffoon, go sit your dirty ass down. wink
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by gstream: 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
upgrade to do what?. U better stop reasoning like your president...shay you get job for graduate ni?

dahmie2013:

My brother, seeking knowledge has nothing to do with age. This attitude is not the best. I still advise you go to school and upgrade yourself.

1 Like

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by gstream: 12:00am On Oct 20, 2021
I hope her father is a Phd Holder and He Owns a University or a Very good company at least...Her brother,I am sure as a graduate is a Bank Manager and Her mum must be Okonjo-Iweala.By the way,I am a graduate and I need work o. Yeye dey smell..Awon werey. Hunger wan kill Graduate.
GraciousGod190:
Am hurt, 4 years relationship about to go down the drain.first time meeting her parents was last week Sunday, they did welcome me with a smiling face.
After all the introductions and making my intentions known to them I like to marry their daughter.

my girlfriend called me on phone yesterday that she's coming over, which she did and start saying that her elder bro and her mum is kicking against our marriage. i asked why? she said because am an Ssce holder.

yes I might be an Ssce holder, but am self employed doing well for myself (I noi de beg to chop) isn't that enough.

can't an Ssce holder marries a bsc, msc or a phd holder.
why the discrimination towards a brother because of a white man education?
because of a white sheet of paper.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Vision101(m): 12:29am On Oct 20, 2021
@pocohantas

When I talk, one redpiller will start quoting me with terrible English.

Despite the fact that our mothers married early, if you come for their 20yrs old daughters in 2021, they will pursue you! Affliction shall not rise a second time. They will tell you to allow her to graduate. Next they’ll tell you to allow her to serve. Then they will tell you to allow her to get a job. All this is to buy time!

The major exception is if you both are relatively young or they are so broke they need you to elevate. If not, they will look out for their daughter because the kind of men you would meet when you are working in KPMG is different from the ones you meet as a broke undergraduate.

If you are a man above 34, you must bring more to the table. If you want a very young educated girl from a middle class home, you must make her very comfortable. She can’t be trekking under hot sun and jumping Obalende bus with a man that conductors would mistake for her uncle/father.

@me
Poco... I agree with you totally on this. Education na scam na when you no get am. A lot of educated young ladies that married illiterate or semi-illiterate men whether rich or average know what they are missing. They don't just flow no matter the pretence.

When she is with the man in a restaurant and he shouts "I will eat menu like you" and the whole people turns to her and her husband that's when she will know the difference between abakaliki rice and foreign rice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Cruziero75: 1:08am On Oct 20, 2021
By this, I think you have already made decisions before coming here sir
GraciousGod190:

no bro, am a business man.
finishing Ssce is enough, am 36 years old I should upgrade myself because her family refused to accept me for who I am.
if this is the end of our relationship, so be it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Danisaint112(m): 1:27am On Oct 20, 2021
Bro Idon't think you make enough money from that business of yours if not they wouldnt even have even mentioned it in the first place.

Than for you to waste your time upgrading yourself in school, use that time to upgrade your money making Knowledge to prove to proof to them education is not everything.

There is a kind of money you will make/ wealth you acquire you mocker will be depressed and full of regrets whenever they see you.

Make money bro and grab opportunities when you see them. Let me give you a word of advice. Go learn[b] how to invest and trade Cryptocurrency. Especially the investment part[/b].

It is a money making knowledge that if you acquire and master in few year to come can make you rich to the extent people will think you are a ritualist.

CRYPTO IS THE FUTURE! Never forget this.

Goodluck...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Danisaint112(m): 1:29am On Oct 20, 2021
GraciousGod190:
Am hurt, 4 years relationship about to go down the drain.first time meeting her parents was last week Sunday, they did welcome me with a smiling face.
After all the introductions and making my intentions known to them I like to marry their daughter.

my girlfriend called me on phone yesterday that she's coming over, which she did and start saying that her elder bro and her mum is kicking against our marriage. i asked why? she said because am an Ssce holder.

yes I might be an Ssce holder, but am self employed doing well for myself (I noi de beg to chop) isn't that enough.

Bro Idon't think you make enough money from that business of yours if not they wouldnt even have even mentioned it in the first place.

Than for you to waste your time upgrading yourself in school, use that time to upgrade your money making Knowledge to prove to proof to them education is not everything.

There is a kind of money you will make/ wealth you acquire you mocker will be depressed and full of regrets whenever they see you.

Make money bro and grab opportunities when you see them. Let me give you a word of advice. Go learn how to invest and trade Cryptocurrency. Especially the investment part.

It is a money making knowledge that if you acquire and master in few year to come can make you rich to the extent people will think you are a ritualist.

CRYPTO IS THE FUTURE! Never forget this.

Goodluck...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by biddostandard: 1:59am On Oct 20, 2021
tarantino1:

The number of stupidity in this thread alone is baffling.

The guy is already doing well. What value is a useless degree going to add to his life. Those worthless degrees that someone can buy with money is what they think will add value to someone's life
Abi o mah nigga
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by oshorstan(f): 2:39am On Oct 20, 2021
I hate to be in this section. Bros what happened to you? At 36, not even diploma?? Well, I respect you because you're good at your writing. But it is absurd , your girlfriend cannot even defend u. Her family doesn't like u, not because of your education status. That should not be their problem, it is yours. Try and work things out. I don't judge people based on educational background, but by the content of their character. Don't worry, everything will be in copacetic manner.

StAN

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by nony43(m): 3:10am On Oct 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
They may never respect you.

Just move on.

Especially since your babe couldn't even defend you.

She's been dating you all these while and she knew your educational background.

If I were your babe, and I've made up my mind to go ahead and marry you, I wouldn't have even mentioned it.

It's not their business. Because if I do go ahead to marry you knowing what they know, I wouldn't want to deal with my folks disrespecting my husband on a ground like that.

It's possible she's using that as an excuse to leave you.

That crying she's doing is mere theatrics.

Oil de your head.

1 Like

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by allcomage: 4:20am On Oct 20, 2021
I know a professor that divorced his PhD wife and married a primary 6 lady and has been so happy that he called his marriage time with PhD wife wasted years.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by NigeriaIsGreat: 4:56am On Oct 20, 2021
Vision101:
@pocohantas

When I talk, one redpiller will start quoting me with terrible English.

Despite the fact that our mothers married early, if you come for their 20yrs old daughters in 2021, they will pursue you! Affliction shall not rise a second time. They will tell you to allow her to graduate. Next they’ll tell you to allow her to serve. Then they will tell you to allow her to get a job. All this is to buy time!

The major exception is if you both are relatively young or they are so broke they need you to elevate. If not, they will look out for their daughter because the kind of men you would meet when you are working in KPMG is different from the ones you meet as a broke undergraduate.

If you are a man above 34, you must bring more to the table. If you want a very young educated girl from a middle class home, you must make her very comfortable. She can’t be trekking under hot sun and jumping Obalende bus with a man that conductors would mistake for her uncle/father.

@me
Poco... I agree with you totally on this. Education na scam na when you no get am. A lot of educated young ladies that married illiterate or semi-illiterate men whether rich or average know what they are missing. They don't just flow no matter the pretence.

When she is with the man in a restaurant and he shouts "I will eat menu like you" and the whole people turns to her and her husband that's when she will know the difference between abakaliki rice and foreign rice.
Exactly @Bolded

They aren't on same page at all.. their reasoning would differ completely

To cap it all, the OP isn't a rich business man that the girl family would want to consider to some extent

@OP don't see the girl family as being wicked because you didn't get what you want o.. far from it. They ain't wicked. They did the right thing as parents

If it was my parents they'd do exactly the same. The girl even try go show you for her parents sef.

I know girls who can never go show their current guy to their parents because they know they ain't compatible

@OP I can't tell you to go and steal or do money ritual just to make good money. No!

But i would tell you to please look around, there are girls of your type, your categories. Girls who had school cert and will love you. Trust me her parents won't kick against it. Even if they want to, it'd be something else entirely

Just go for a girl with school cert that would accept to be your wife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by NigeriaIsGreat: 5:18am On Oct 20, 2021
toren:

Shame for what? Obsession for who? Abeg abeg abeg. Your mouth like if I have to lie to my parents. I can tell my parents whatever suits me. I'm not a kid. I live my life as I want. Get that in your head. [b]And when did I tell you I was married. [/b]People don't know how to read these days.
You will still continue telling tales of lies, that's the truth smiley

You've started with lies already. You will lie yourself to marriage. No Jupiter can tell me you won't continue with that. It's in your blood already

I know your type, una dey carry man put for head. Yoruba girls wey dey put love above everything, they can marry anything, just anything

Na love dey shark you wink Madam love in Tokyo smiley No worry, you go still get sense wink continue giving reasons why is good to be telling lies especially when it comes to marriage

May God not give us daughters that would take us for a fool because of a man. May God also give parents the wisdom to detect every lies their daughters will tell just to favour a man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Sasuke007: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2021
GraciousGod190:

Follow your heart
Never give up
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by sulaak(m): 6:03am On Oct 20, 2021
dahmie2013:

My brother, seeking knowledge has nothing to do with age. This attitude is not the best. I still advise you go to school and upgrade yourself.

Academic education is not the only way to see knowledge. He has already got a business so there is no need for a degree.

1 Like

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by michigang: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2021
oshorstan:
I hate to be in this section. Bros what happened to you? At 36, not even diploma?? Well, I respect you because you're good at your writing. But it is absurd , your girlfriend cannot even defend u. Her family doesn't like u, not because of your education status. That should not be their problem, it is yours. Try and work things out. I don't judge people based on educational background, but by the content of their character. Don't worry, everything will be in copacetic manner.

StAN
Jesus! Madam, what do you mean?
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 7:21am On Oct 20, 2021
GraciousGod190:

no bro, am a business man.
finishing Ssce is enough, am 36 years old I should upgrade myself because her family refused to accept me for who I am.
if this is the end of our relationship, so be it.

Hmmmmmm.

The relationship is not worth a lot to you either.

Look for someone who doesn't mind an SSCE holder.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Anndrew(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2021
sammirano3:
Op. Whether you like it or not the family's decision is final. I stand by such decision. Why would i strife to make my daughter well read for her to settle with one pot belly ssce holder who thinks cause he understands and speak English is enough. Money is inconsequential in this instance. Frankly, you are like a liability to the young woman. Worse off you are unwilling to work for what you want.
with due respect,u are very stupid...a stupid fool

1 Like

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Frenzy01(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2021
Try to improve yourself bro.. Self upliftment should not stop till death

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 7:43am On Oct 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Except her father himself is a professor, I don’t think it is a question that comes up when the man is doing well for himself. A man that they saw physically.

I hope with time men will begin to understand the times we are in. An educated YOUNG girl in her prime won’t just marry the average advanced bachelor when she has options. That thing ended in 1998 when Anambra traders were marrying doctors/lawyers and keeping her in their shops. Even if she wants to, her parents would help her buy time. They know how to do that very well.

In this generation of iPhone and fur-slippers-girls, she will chop your money, help you to waste your time till you clock 40. Then she’ll disappear when you least expect it.

Love is not enough. Let’s all be realistic and strategic in this thing. There are many other superficial factors that foster compatibility.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I actually believe love is enough.

After strategy that is....

Most people can't make a proper assessment of themselves to know what they truly weigh in the sexual market and market of life generally so they keep stretching to reach above their level.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2021
Acidosis:

I hope the emboldened is from the place of hurt and disappointment not your actual perception of higher education?

..cos that statement is enough to disallow you from marrying their daughter. And by the way, discrimination can NEVER be eliminated in this world or the next. So it's always better for one to engage tactically and also learn to "read the room" to avoid some kain embarrassments.

With B.Sc and M.Sc. degree sef, only a few men can approach some type of ladies, e.g. Buhari's daughter. It's not discrimination per se but self respect. So before you talk to another degree holder, make sure you "read the room".

kiss kiss kiss

@bold:

I sincerely hope the generation of today gets it.

That knowledge is power because it would help you to learn your own leverage per situation and use it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by ityP(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2021
toren:

Oga, you're daft. There's no sense in what you have written. Absolutely no correlation between what I told my parents and the other incomprehensible nonsense you typed.

This criminal don dey change mouth. It is well grin
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2021
descarado:

You never loved her.
No need. Move on

Sis, you got same vibe I did from the OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2021
descarado:
This is the Nigerian system we are talking about.
You just integrate yourself into the system
Many traders went to outreach programmes. It's not even serious. Mostly weekend.
Why didn't you do that.
Sometimes money isn't enough.

Sometimes, so.e families will reject wife to be simply because of this except she is a student.

Go and enrol into the nearest school close to you.
Afterall orji uzo kalu become a graduate as a governor. Money isn't enough in this case.
When you enrol, go back again and meet them. They won't say no.
Unless you find the girl not worth fighting for. In that case, I will say, move on.

Most business men in onitsha are graduates.
Nigeria especially igbo value higher institution although we have chunks of graduates without work every year.

He can even do NOUN that is online.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by NaBanga: 7:50am On Oct 20, 2021
ityP:

They may have no other agenda. I know many families that would not want their girl child to marry who no be university graduate. This particular one wey I sabi, the girl na lecturer. The dude na ssce him get but dude get plenty money. He has been into dog business since I was born. He is established already but the girl papa say him no gree for the marriage. The girl do strong head sha

Would you want your highly educated daughter to marry a dog breeder? What do you they have to discuss? Money is very important but it's not everything. Unless the dog breeder has Buhari level money, help your child avoid disappointment later.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Woman Talks About Killing Her Adulterous Husband On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.