Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures (31633 Views)

Civil Engineer Earning / Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria / What Is The Salary Structure Of A Civil Engineer With No Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by WEALTH304(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
this is so funny.am also a graduate of mechanical engineering from University of Lagos.
To God be the Glory I run my own company now.
But before doing that I worked as a graduate trainee for a year,in which I was oportuned to witness so many projects.(Dangote,Bua,Plans,Nestle and co) I was then promoted to site engineer, project engineer and I left the company as a project manager.
one thing I know is that no individual will award a contract to you without some necessary documents been presented.
1.you don't have a registered company name.
2.No office address.
One thing is contract of this huge amount can not be paid into a personal account.

5 Likes

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by WEALTH304(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
WEALTH304:
this is so funny.am also a graduate of mechanical engineering from University of Lagos.
To God be the Glory I run my own company now.
But before doing that I worked as a graduate trainee for a year,in which I was oportuned to witness so many projects.(Dangote,Bua,Olams,Nigeria breweries,Nestle and co) I was then promoted to site engineer, project engineer and I left the company as a project manager.
one thing I know is that no individual will award a contract to you without some necessary documents been presented.
1.you don't have a registered company name.
2.No office address.
One thing is contract of this huge amount can not be paid into a personal account.

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Ushman333: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Good success story, Nigeria is truly blessed, our numbers and economy enables us churn out lots of multi millionaires, amongst the top in Africa.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by pumpingiron(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
I am gobsmacked with your story Proper preparation+Opportunity = Success Life termed it as lucky I wish to be like you o. If you don't mind I'll like you to mentor me I'am undergraduate 200L studying Civil Engineering
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by ksmartglobal(m): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=Strongdickfresh post=106875716]Civil Engineering is an occupation for intelligent, social, smart and hard-working people with great sense of humour. As a civil engineering graduate or undergraduate, you're expected to be civil and think ahead by relating with people of all walks of life. Also, you're expected to be well equipped with the technical know-how to succeed. Civil engineering is not mainly grammatical profession but practically and design skills related in addition to management and negotiation attributes.

I was 14 years old when I was offered admission to study building technology at Delta States Polytechnic, Ozoro. During my 2 years of study, I was able to think ahead, relate with different people and established a good relationship. I met someone who advised me to go for building/civil engineering designs, costing and construction skill during my industrial training. During my 1 year industrial training I didn't focus on making money but on how to get the technical know-how to succeed in the construction field. I learnt how to design all types of buildings using software such as AutoCAD, Revit, ArchiCad etc. I also learnt structural analysis. A year later, I was offered admission to study Civil engineering at Delta States University. While in the University, I always sell myself, designing, analysis and costing skills to others. I also taught a lot of my colleagues and other engineering departmental guys how to design using engineering softwares. In so doing, I became popular among my engineering collagues and others regarding designs, analysis, costing and project execution/supervision. I do get small designs and construction contracts of residential buildings. While in the University I was leaving well and responsible for paying all my tuition fees without bothering my parents. All my family members, friends, church members aand neighbors are aware of my expertise in building/civil designs, analysis, costing, construction and supervision.

I have been looking for an opportunity in this field but to no avail. I will like you to school me please. Thanks.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by zealousayo(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
deavicky:
why you no go call am sir.
Because he has made money. Instead of asking us that studied Mechanical Engineering you asking a Civil Engineer a small branch of mechanical for that matter.
What's wrong in using sir for him? I could have also asked you the same if you were the one. I asked because Engineering is interconnected.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Spherical77(m): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Sonnobax15:
My dear candid,I don't believe, PERIOD!!! sad sad
But if na bad thing you go believe abi?

Shey good thing repel you ni or what?
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by jaxxy(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Techguy96:

Both of u are saying same thing, the guy was just very lucky. I mean one in a million lucky.

Every human no matter how good u are needs luck at some point. That thing u call luck is also termed opportunity.

U think Otedola, dangote, alakija or adenuga made it without elements of luck?? undecided

Luck and how u capitalize on it can Change ur whole life. If u don’t know.

1 Like

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Bluntemperor: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
bigdammyj:
Congrats!

Beautiful you,I love inspiring personalities!
You are for Multi-task engagement anywhere around the World!
You are made, wanderful and God bless your hussle.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Yusful131: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
engrelvis:
good one

First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking your time to write a very big story.

The following points indicates that you were not saying the truth.
1) it's only architect that can conceptualize the building structure.
2) you can't do a structural design without having a senior colleague to check it.
3) you failed to tell us your years of experience.
4) you failed to tell us the name of the estate you built. No of units, bungalow, duplex and so on.

5 Likes

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nauttyprof:

While I don't dispute any of your Comment, I just want to correct this - Architects truly design and it is in the aspect of producing a drawing of the building with several views of the building. Also, Civil Engineers do what we call Structural Design and this aspect has to do with the design of the structural members of a building that will sustain or ensure that what the Architect drew can come to reality. It is called Structural Design in Civil Engineering. Civil Engineers will just say design.
you clearly missed my point. I said, structural engineer is where civil engineer comes in. Structural engineer designed based on architectural recommendations. Except it's steel or predominantly structural construction like bridges and so on. But on building, I wouldn't pay you cents to design my building because you'll only waste my money, designing structural members where it is not necessary. No be today we dey reach site, reduce numbers of unnecessary columns and unnecessary steel members because the structural engineer always think structure and not really workability.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Aditkd(f): 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
Am here to read comments. If you are in this category, please do come with a chair and come join me. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Mandrake20(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Strongdickfresh:
Civil Engineering is an occupation for intelligent, social, smart and hard-working people with great sense of humour. As a civil engineering graduate or undergraduate, you're expected to be civil and think ahead by relating with people of all walks of life. Also, you're expected to be well equipped with the technical know-how to succeed. Civil engineering is not mainly grammatical profession but practically and design skills related in addition to management and negotiation attributes.

I was 14 years old when I was offered admission to study building technology at Delta States Polytechnic, Ozoro. During my 2 years of study, I was able to think ahead, relate with different people and established a good relationship. I met someone who advised me to go for building/civil engineering designs, costing and construction skill during my industrial training. During my 1 year industrial training I didn't focus on making money but on how to get the technical know-how to succeed in the construction field. I learnt how to design all types of buildings using software such as AutoCAD, Revit, ArchiCad etc. I also learnt structural analysis. A year later, I was offered admission to study Civil engineering at Delta States University. While in the University, I always sell myself, designing, analysis and costing skills to others. I also taught a lot of my colleagues and other engineering departmental guys how to design using engineering softwares. In so doing, I became popular among my engineering collagues and others regarding designs, analysis, costing and project execution/supervision. I do get small designs and construction contracts of residential buildings. While in the University I was leaving well and responsible for paying all my tuition fees without bothering my parents. All my family members, friends, church members aand neighbors are aware of my expertise in building/civil designs, analysis, costing, construction and supervision.

On a fateful day after my graduation from the University, I got a call from a strange number. I answered and was told someone gave my phone number regarding execution of a building/civil construction projects. With joy in my heart, I said yes I can handle any kind of building/civil engineering projects. He responded, I will get back to you in two days time.

I was wondering if the person wanted to play or fool me. So, in 2 days time, I got another call from the same person. He said, come to my house and let discuss. When I got to his house, he asked if I can design and handle an estate project ? I boldly said yes with smile. He briefed me on the proposed estate design and how they wanted it. He said go and work on the design without giving me a Kobo. However, I was surprised and curious to know how he got my contact. So, I politely asked him, sir, may I know who recommended me? He said, his son who attended Delta States Polytechnic, Ozoro told him about me. Meanwhile, I couldn't clearly figure out the name of his son, because the dad didn't introduce his full self to me. I couldn't recognized him because he was abroad for many years. He just returned to Nigeria 3 months ago of which I had move out from that location. As I was discussing with the dad, the son showed up smiling at me. So, I suddenly recall how I was a close pal of him back in the Polytechnics days. We do hangout together and discuss the future ahead.

I was really happy because I knew this is an opportunity to sell myself and expertise. I came up with 3 different good design concepts and presented to the man. 2 weeks later, I was invited to explain the 3 design concepts. I did as i was directed. Behold, they were impressed and told me to do the costing. I had to run a thorough costing of the proposed project which was six hundred and seventy five million naira (N675,000,000.00) only.

They all accepted and adopted the costing to be N670,000,000. To my greatest joy, the project was awarded for me to supervised. They brought 4 other site engineers while I was contracted to be the project superviser and Manager.

I was asked to drop my account details of which I did. 3 weeks later, I got an alert of 200,000,000.00 million naira as mobilisation and to get the project started.
When I got to the bank the next day, to my shock, my bank account has been frozen. I had to submit credentials to upgrade my account because I was still using student account. The project was executed and commissioned without any failure. I delivered excellently and the man and his family, friends and workers were impressed.

I made my first good 7 figures from this project and since then till date, the story has been more successful with good earnings of 7 figures through building/civil engineering.

Civil engineering is still one of the best course to study. However, you have to be serious during your years in the Polytechnics or University and during your industrial training. Equip youself and be prepared for any design, analysis, costing and construction opportunities/tasks that may come your way regarding your course of study. Opportunities are always opened for civil engineering graduates and undergraduates but the problem is that most of them lack the technical know-how to deliver excellently and succeed if given a project to handle. The first to fifth/tenth projects you will handle as civil engineering graduate or undergraduate will determine if you will go far in the profession or not based on your performance. These projects will always speak on your behalf and determine if you're worthy of recommendation. People will start to search for you and hire your services if you're able to deliver excellently handling contracts and projects.

Thanks.x

Abeg teach me how to make just 5 figures ahm okay.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by yusscity(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Strongdickfresh:
Civil Engineering is an occupation for intelligent, social, smart and hard-working people with great sense of humour. As a civil engineering graduate or undergraduate, you're expected to be civil and think ahead by relating with people of all walks of life. Also, you're expected to be well equipped with the technical know-how to succeed. Civil engineering is not mainly grammatical profession but practically and design skills related in addition to management and negotiation attributes.

On a fateful day after my graduation from the University, I got a call from a strange number. I answered and was told someone gave my phone number regarding execution of a building/civil construction projects. With joy in my heart, I said yes I can handle any kind of building/civil engineering projects. He responded, I will get back to you in two days time.

I was wondering if the person wanted to play or fool me. So, in 2 days time, I got another call from the same person. He said, come to my house and let discuss. When I got to his house, he asked if I can design and handle an estate project ? I boldly said yes with smile. He briefed me on the proposed estate design and how they wanted it. He said go and work on the design without giving me a Kobo. However, I was surprised and curious to know how he got my contact. So, I politely asked him, sir, may I know who recommended me? He said, his son who attended Delta States Polytechnic, Ozoro told him about me. Meanwhile, I couldn't clearly figure out the name of his son, because the dad didn't introduce his full self to me. I couldn't recognized him because he was abroad for many years. He just returned to Nigeria 3 months ago of which I had move out from that location. As I was discussing with the dad, the son showed up smiling at me. So, I suddenly recall how I was a close pal of him back in the Polytechnics days. We do hangout together and discuss the future ahead.

I was really happy because I knew this is an opportunity to sell myself and expertise. I came up with 3 different good design concepts and presented to the man. 2 weeks later, I was invited to explain the 3 design concepts. I did as i was directed. Behold, they were impressed and told me to do the costing. I had to run a thorough costing of the proposed project which was six hundred and seventy five million naira (N675,000,000.00) only.

They all accepted and adopted the costing to be N670,000,000. To my greatest joy, the project was awarded for me to have supervised. They brought 4 other site engineers while I was contracted to be the project superviser and Manager.

I was asked to drop my account details of which I did. 3 weeks later, I got an alert of 200,000,000.00 million naira as mobilisation and to get the project started.
When I got to the bank the next day, to my shock, my bank account has been frozen. I had to submit credentials to upgrade my account because I was still using student account. The project was executed and commissioned without any failure. I delivered excellently and the man and his family, friends and workers were impressed.

I made my first good 7 figures from this project and since then till date, the story has been more successful with good earnings of 7 figures through building/civil engineering.

Civil engineering is still one of the best course to study. However, you have to be serious during your years in the Polytechnics or University and during your industrial training. Equip youself and be prepared for any design, analysis, costing and construction opportunities/tasks that may come your way regarding your course of study. Opportunities are always opened for civil engineering graduates and undergraduates but the problem is that most of them lack the technical know-how to deliver excellently and succeed if given a project to handle. The first to fifth/tenth projects you will handle as civil engineering graduate or undergraduate will determine if you will go far in the profession or not based on your performance. These projects will always speak on your behalf and determine if you're worthy of recommendation. People will start to search for you and hire your services if you're able to deliver excellently handling contracts and projects.

Thanks.

I am so inspired and highly motivated. Quick one,I am an electrical design engineer I do electrical service design and I can design and execute all electrical designs and installations.
Thanks
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
200m into a savings account? Baba, shey you dey whyne me ni? The lies too big abeg.

3 Likes

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by pumpingiron(m): 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=Strongdickfresh post=106875716]Civil Engineering is an occupation for intelligent, social, smart and hard-working people with great sense of humour. As a civil engineering graduate or undergraduate, you're expected to be civil and think ahead by relating with people of all walks of life. Also, you're expected to be well equipped with the technical know-how to succeed. Civil engineering is not mainly grammatical profession but practically and design skills related in addition to management and negotiation attributes.

They all accepted and adopted the costing to be N670,000,000. To my greatest joy, the project was awarded for me to supervised. They brought 4 other site engineers while I was contracted to be the project superviser and Manager.

Civil engineering is still one of the best course to study. However, you have to be serious during your years in the Polytechnics or University and during your industrial training. Equip youself and be prepared for any design, analysis, costing and construction opportunities/tasks that may come your way regarding your course of study. Opportunities are always opened for civil engineering graduates and undergraduates but the problem is that most of them lack the technical know-how to deliver excellently and succeed if given a project to handle. The first to fifth/tenth projects you will handle as civil engineering graduate or undergraduate will determine if you will go far in the profession or not based on your performance. These projects will always speak on your behalf and determine if you're worthy of recommendation. People will start to search for you and hire your services if you're able to deliver excellently handling contracts.
i would like to network with you
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by clockwisereport: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abudu2000:
One thing I always tell clients; fear civil civil engineers with polytechnic backgrounds oh, those guys are too hot. Just with diplomas they are already masters in structural designs and projects execution.

Una never tire for this una cock and bull story?
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Fairview1: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

Civil Engineering is an occupation for....

Thanks.

Congratulations man! You are a very brave man with a bright and quick mind. Super talented and highly gifted. Your type of gift is rare,it takes one serious firm to spot you and they will pin you down for life with juicy and extravagant salary offers.

I am only concern how your story went where you narrated how you first made your first N20,000,000(Twenty Million Naira!). Even whilst I am not doubting you, I think it's inappropriate, or should I say unbelievable that a contractor could entrust you with such huge amount as a first timer!

You never had a registered business or company!

You have never had a corporate account that can take such amount of money!

You have no treaceable office of enquiry

And many more others...

How long did it took you to withdraw the money, since your student's account withdrawal limit was N500k?

While this story maybe overhyped, I think you have successfully succeeded by inspiring great hope in me, cos what I am doing, I am certainly going to work harder, since what you narrated here can easily be replicated, regardless of whatever business you are into...
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Abudu2000(m): 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
clockwisereport:

Una never tire for this una cock and bull story?
no be only rooster, na chicken and bull stories. Dey there
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by clockwisereport: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abudu2000:
no be only rooster, na chicken and bull stories. Dey there

Na nairaland change am to rooster, okachamara.

Before nko, I for dey where u dey?

Una go open mouth dey talk trash all the time
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Benprass(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
SLIDEwaxie:
You're simply what they call a lucky Bastard. This doesn't make your smart or better. You can't be a good civil engineer in school, it can only be because of long years in practice.

Now, that being said- you designing a structure is the job of an architect, supervision is the job of a builder and the structural aspects is for a structural engineer, in which you come in..

And nobody would pay ₦200,000,000 into a savings account for a job just based on recommendation because clearly you were a novice. Lass lass, if they were desperate to help you, they'll attach you with a major construction firm and pin you as a head of department.

My point, you are just one of the lucky bunch, you're not smart or very good and you're probably just a liar

You are one of the most intelligent person I have see
You think and act differently you are unique dam it I like the way you refuse to follow the crowd men you respond are different and People like you are hard to find.

My brother that story is some how.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Abudu2000(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
clockwisereport:

Na nairaland change am to rooster, okachamara.

Before nko, I for dey where u dey?

Una go open mouth dey talk trash all the time

chai, your brain dey anti clockwise if you no know say those words nah fact.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by clockwisereport: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abudu2000:
chai, your brain dey anti clockwise if you no know say those words nah fact.

Okachamara

Stop making a fool of urself
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by cassette(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
[s]
post=107055624:

We are always happy to read the success stories of honest and hardworking Nigerians.
You know what you wanted from childhood and went for it.
This is only the beginning man, the sky is your starting point.

Instead of you to keep quiet and learn one or two things from this gentleman,
You are here with your negative vibes again.
Nairaland kiddos everywhere..

So since you are not ready to work for your future, apart from blaming government upandan,
You think another person cannot make a way for themselves?
Na dere u dey so..... kontinue!
[/s]

Dont be stupid miserable old fellow !!
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by nathyx(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
An unregistered civil engineer recieving 200 million naira worth of mobilization fee is strictly a case of "who know who" don't be over excited young folks even uneducated Aboki can design and supervise building construction wink wink
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Abudu2000(m): 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
clockwisereport:

Okachamara

Stop making a fool of urself
go get a job, domino's pizza is hiring.
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by clockwisereport: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abudu2000:
go get a job, domino's pizza is hiring.

Apply on my behalf
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Nadoson1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
zealousayo:
This is great and inspiring! What career advice do you have for someone in Mechanical Engineering (undergraduate) sir?
Every body is perfect in/her field of operation provided you know what you want in life. I as a person, i graduated as MECHANICAL ENGINEER (production) , during my IT, I spent roughly six months without a dime as transport, but during the period I was able to be Good in LATHE MACHINE OPERATION, ARC WELDING, MACHINE MAINTENANCE etc, after our IT program, we were only 2 person's out of 185 engineering students that was able to work with machines in school. I am proud to say that I am skillful in terms of Engineering so my boss be focused and guided on your possuits then the sky will be your limit
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Adek15(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
Xtopher123:
As a civil engineer you designed a building of 670M and you went through permit and all and you weren't sued?

You did all the permit process and nobody picked you up for fraud. Continue.
The story is obviously a lie.. It's good for motivation though
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by Madebyme: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Op, if you make all this money, why are you bothered by the 10 000 naira you wrongly transferred to someone else few days ago?

2 Likes

Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by NiceMen: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
atheistandproud:
First off.

Bank transfers over 100m don raise red flags from the bank for money laundering.

The story sweet for ear but e get as e be sha.

Anyways, congratulations!
You no hear say dem freeze him account ni?
Re: My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures by slyayok: 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

Civil engineering is still one of the best course to study. However, you have to be serious during your years in the Polytechnics or University and during your industrial training. Equip youself and be prepared for any design, analysis, costing and construction opportunities/tasks that may come your way regarding your course of study. Opportunities are always opened for civil engineering graduates and undergraduates but the problem is that most of them lack the technical know-how to deliver excellently and succeed if given a project to handle. The first to fifth/tenth projects you will handle as civil engineering graduate or undergraduate will determine if you will go far in the profession or not based on your performance. These projects will always speak on your behalf and determine if you're worthy of recommendation. People will start to search for you and hire your services if you're able to deliver excellently handling contracts and projects. This is inspiring. I hope to get to this level someday. I am an undergraduate student of Civil Engineering, it would be an honour to be mentored by you sir.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 / 5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success / Man With A Sick Baby Strips Unclad In Lagos, Over Non-Payment Of His Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.