Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? (15810 Views)

Why You Always LOSE Your Football Betting Slips!!!! / Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me / Who Is The Most Useless Player In Your Football Club As A Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by toluxe0075: 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
Thierry Henry. The guy made me become an arsenal fan only for him to leave the club and plunge me into many years of humiliation and anguish. cry

9 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
kenzysmith:
Rud vanisteroy was my football idol before I started supporting god of soccer

Man Utd Fan Spotted!!
Ruud Van Nisterooy, D Box 18 King! smiley

Nice one!
Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Princeton92(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kanu Nwankwo

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by BornRicch(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO
IT TOOK ME TIME TO CRAM THE NAME
MY GOAT BACK IN THE DAYS. DIEHARD AC MILAN FAN

4 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by OlawaleBammie: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mine was Alexander Hleb and Michael Ballack

And dey both doned Jersey number 13

They are the reason i love that Jersey number beyond saying

6 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by HonBen(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Franco Baresi

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Kayodeblaze(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Dida

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by lereinter(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Plenty

El Hadji Diouf, rivaldo, nedved, seadoff etc

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Jokescity(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Flamees:
Ronaldinho
Egard David was mine,,, with his customized sunshade

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by kachistone: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Frank Lampard was my childhood idol man.

Midfielder wey dey score goals, bust my small dada then.

I said what I said

Frank is still my football idol ever. He is my ideal midfielder. I used to argue with a dear friend whose football idol is Kaka about who was better between both of them. Frank Lampard AKA Lampidon.

The guy get bullet for leg.

Other notable mentions

Ronaldinho
Ronaldo Delima (My greatest 9) Only Drogba follows him
JJ Okocha
Thierry Henry (Loved his ball control)

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Oppy2k2: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
Panam Percy paul

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by kilisi(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck
Niggarr!!
Frank Lampard was my childhood idol man.
Midfielder wey dey score goals, bust my small dada then.
I said what I said
Let me guess......You are in your late twenties or early thirties.

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
Zizu and Ronaldinho grin

2 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Parkleader: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
henry, ronaldinho, veira
Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
Frank Lampard is the man that made me fall in love with Chelsea back then. But I also idolized several high profile African players in the EPL like Okocha, Kanu, Yakubu, Diouf and Bouba Diop (RIP)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by RPG2020(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
Buhari angry

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Benitoh: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
The playmaker Ronaldinho

2 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Lamasta(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
Vinnie2000:
Watching Football as kids was Fun! Emotions attached were not that strong!
Most only watched out for Goals and the Star Players!
Players like Rashidi Yekini, JJ Okocha, Michael Owen, David Beckham, Gabriel Bastituta, Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane, Didier Drogba, etc..
These are Too Players Kids idolized Way back!!

So Who's Yours?

MINE IS
SUNDAY OLISEH..(can't forget his France 98 Bullet) cheesy
HERNAN CRESPO OF INTER MILAN
THIERRY HENRY OF ARSENAL.. cool

Cafu

Maldini

Seedorf

Ronaldo Delima

Ronaldinho

Okocha

Love watching these guys do what they know how to do best with football

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by kenzysmith: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
RevolverOcelot:
The plenty:
Carlos Valderrama

Diego Maradonna

Yekini

Iguita

Batistuta

Okocha

Kanu

Roberto Baggio.

Good old days smiley
chai u don old o and u still dey drag ftc

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
Plenty.. from Pele to Maradona, zico, Batistuta, Eric Cantona, Paulo Rossi, Filippo Inzaghi, Jay Jay Okocha, Totö Schillaci, Ruud Gullit, Marco Van Basten, Roger Milla, John Barnes, Gary Lineker, Paul Gascoigne ( Gaza), Roberto Baggio, Ronaldo (Brazilian) etc.. them plenty that year.

6 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Weedhustler: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
inoki247:
Buhari cos he was a good player he played Nigerians twice...

Ogbeni oil dey ur head....buhari too slow and he dey drible like mad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by wachore: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
Eto'o 9

Milan baros

Angel

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Mine was Alexander Hleb and Michael Ballack

And dey both doned Jersey number 13

They are the reason i love that Jersey number beyond saying

Number 13? shocked smiley
Some people associate the number with Badluck oo..

Well, should not concern you tho! smiley
BTW, I think William Gallas and Tijani Babangida of S/eagles wore 13!
Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by peterdrury: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
Inzaghi, Zamorano, Poposky.

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Dagger111(m): 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
Treylee:
Ronaldinho.. that guy is legendary

Dinho Baba... I came to watch his boy Messi today. And he was really impressed. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by biotechshola(m): 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Romario
Ortega
Amokachi...

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by hollywater: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Igwe anytime anyday

1 Like

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by gboye93(m): 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
My list
1. KANU
2. KAKA
3. RONALDINHO
4. LAMPARD
5. OKOCHA
6. BECKHAM
7. ZIZU
8. BALACK
9. LARSON
10. RAUL
the goes on and on

5 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by yinkus6750(m): 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Pele on the international level
Segun Odegbami at local level.

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by Burruchaga71(m): 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
omoteacher:
shocked

Da Lima Ronaldo
Original Ronaldo

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by paskal16: 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Drogba back in 2007
He made me fall in love with football
Have been a fan of Chelsea ever since then

3 Likes

Re: During Your Childhood, Who Was Your Football Idol? by sustainus(m): 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Okocha, kanu nwankwo, Ronaldo of Brazil

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Francesca Ordega Moves To Australia / America Tour: Waldrum Drops Oparanozie, Invites Oshoala, 24 Others / Manchester City Need Just One More Win To Become Premier League Champions, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.