Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police (16082 Views)

End SARS Memorial Rally: Nigerians, Be Wary / Police Recover Arms, Charms From Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally Protesters (Photo) / Lai Mohammed On EndSARS: We Have Met Demands, We Can't Go Beyond What We've Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Omooba77: 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
Protesters have insisted that their planned rally in commemoration of the one year anniversary of #EndSARS in the country would hold on Wednesday.

This is despite police warning that no protest is allowed to hold.

They made this known in a statement by their legal representatives under the aegis of Radical Agenda Movement in the Nigerian Bar Association.

In the statement jointly signed by the group’s chairman, Adesina Ogunlana, and Secretary, Ayodele Ademoluyi, the protesters said, “The assertion in the Press Statement that the “attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to a post being circulated on the social media insinuating that the Police in Lagos have agreed to allow street protests in commemoration of the one year #EndSARS anniversary on the 20th October, 2021” begs the question of even whether your Command or the entire Nigeria Police Force have the capacity in law to allow or disallow citizens of Lagos State and of Nigeria from exercising their right to peaceful protest, which is guaranteed under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria(1999 as amended).

“We assert further that the assertion that “on the contrary, the Police will ONLY ALLOW an indoor and virtual event in commemoration of the #EndSARS Anniversary and will provide adequate security at the venue(s) if known” flies in the face of the decision in MUHAMMADU BUHARI v INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE that Police Permit are not required for peaceful processions in exercise of fundamental right to peaceful assembly.

“We are of the respectful view that your Command by its stated position has resolved once again to repress the fundamental rights of peaceful citizens who wish to come out tomorrow, 20th October, 2021 to commemorate the #EndSARS Anniversary.

“You will kindly note that the fundamental rights of freedoms of association, peaceful assembly, peacable procession, freedom of movement and expression are all enshrined and guaranteed under the grundnorm, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999 as amended).

Further take note that members of the #EndSARS movement or citizens interested in marking the First Anniversary of the 2020 #EndSARS Protests at no time or place threatened violence , breach of the public peace or causing nuisance of any sort in their commemoration activities.We challenge you to show evidence to the contrary.

“In the foregoing, we ask your Command to respect the Constitution and being lawkeepers obey the laws of the land, in respect of the matter at hand.”

https://punchng.com/no-going-back-on-endsarsmemorial-rally-protesters-reply-lagos-police/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Omooba77: 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2021
We moveeeeeee......

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Deciceco01: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2021
The day is coming when Nigerian government can no longer intimidate the youth, because they have pushed them to the wall.

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by updatechange(m): 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
Deciceco01:
The day is coming when Nigerian government can no longer intimidate the youth, because they have pushed them to the wall.

The day is already here

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by gift2xl: 12:13am On Oct 20, 2021
Them they fear us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by BKayy: 12:23am On Oct 20, 2021
Any Igbo man seen in that protest is a fool.
Remember the last Endsars

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Gracelife55: 1:12am On Oct 20, 2021

3 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Maxymilliano(m): 3:11am On Oct 20, 2021
Security agents should protect the peaceful protesters, and stop behaving like terrorists

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Jestin: 4:48am On Oct 20, 2021
We Move
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Racoon(m): 4:51am On Oct 20, 2021
-"Laws become fragile under the influence of dictators."-Wayne Gerard Trotman.

-"..Tyrants have always shown some slight shade of virtue; they support the laws before destroying them..."-Voltaire.

-"..When tyranny and oppression comes into the land,it will be in the guise of fighting crime."-James Madison(US President 1809-1817)

“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -Frederick Douglass.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by mrkings84(m): 4:51am On Oct 20, 2021
Not again!!
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by RichAbujaGuy: 4:56am On Oct 20, 2021
I hope property and shop owners have taken precautions and have insurance payments up to date. Hooligans could take over again. shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/6200656/massive-endsars-damage-destruction-lagos

2 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Thatdopekelly(m): 4:58am On Oct 20, 2021
To all those buffoons twisting the narrative, nobody threw a stone until our fellow Nigerians were brutally murdered on 19th October, this resulted in destruction of properties... But as it is accustomed to the Nigerian government, they say we cannot be allowed to protest cuz we are violent which of course am not surprised, but to see some hungry nairalanders here support them is appalling. cry

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:00am On Oct 20, 2021
Protesters should better be careful, that's all I have to say.

2 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by enemyofprogress: 5:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Bola146 warn your childrens to stay at home o. Iya ibeji grin grin tongue
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by helinues: 5:06am On Oct 20, 2021
There is no need in arguing with a mad man.

Let's wait and see
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Olalekanbanky1(m): 5:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Funniest thing is dat none of the leaders of the protest would be shot.

Na passerby pple dey fall victim.
If you have a loved one, pls warn him/her not to proceed on this protest and if u have loved ones, do not join the protest.
Not with the crop of policeman we have in this country that can fire anything fireable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Bigchristo: 5:11am On Oct 20, 2021
updatechange:

The day is already here
No level, We Nigeria youth aren’t ready yet until them we will resist any kind intimidation by staging a nationwide protest to seek for referendum and oust all political leaders and current office holders, without that come here in 2050 Nigerians will still be complaining of bad governance

3 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by SensualMan1(m): 5:11am On Oct 20, 2021
A year ago I woke up on my birthday only to see a Nigerian flag drenched in blood. Blood of our youths, our future leaders.
What was their crime? Demand for their basic rights. That was why Bola Ahmed Tinubu ordered Nigerian military to shoot everyone at toll gate.
I cried on my Birthday instead of celebrating, a year later, I say to my fellow youths, be strong, be of courage, let us join hands and fight the oppression by ensuring that the bourdillon thief, The thief who owns American University of Nigeria, all ancestors do not have a go at the helm of affairs nomore.

Happy Birthday to me ojare!

43 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:18am On Oct 20, 2021
Why is this administration really scared of the unity of the youths
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by beautyhd: 5:21am On Oct 20, 2021
I just pray the Nigerian government will not turn this 1 year remebrance to another bloodbath.

This should be two ways, protesters remembering their slain colleagues as well nigerian police remembering their slain colleagues as well.

A day when nigerian flag became useless and disrespected by the useless Nigerian army.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by jaywhoco(m): 5:21am On Oct 20, 2021
The Man dies in him who keeps silent in the face of tyranny...

Whole Soyinka

2 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by ceaser: 5:22am On Oct 20, 2021
Today ńa today.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by comfortjeve5u: 5:22am On Oct 20, 2021
nice one
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Sadosky1: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2021
naso
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by comfortjeve5u: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2021
Hello Omooba, thanks for posting this thread and making me aware of this endsars protest that's taking place today, I pray for us all so that it will hold peacefully as planned by the protesters. Meanwhile, If you are looking for a legitimate business you can start that generates profit, then I want you to check out my recommended Top 10 Lucrative Side Hustle to Make Money Fast in 2021, Right Here in Nigeria… Click here to see it yourself
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Freethinker87: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2021
Before we forget how the #EndSARS violence started last year.

The protest was peaceful with music, food and funfair until Lagos state Governor Sanwo-Olu hired and transported BRT loads of hoodlums to disrupt the protest. When the hoodlums failed to disrupt the protest, he invited the Army. It was after the Army killed #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate that chaos and burning of Govt properties ensued.

WE REMEMBER!!! Let nobody try to change history by naming the protest as violent when in actual fact, the Govt was the aggressor.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by seed4luv: 5:25am On Oct 20, 2021
Nice business ideas, I really love it, thanks for sharing. may God save us all in this country
comfortjeve5u:
Hello Omooba, thanks for posting this thread and making me aware of this endsars protest that's taking place today, I pray for us all so that it will hold peacefully as planned by the protesters. Meanwhile, If you are looking for a legitimate business you can start that generates profit, then I want you to check out my recommended Top 10 Lucrative Side Hustle to Make Money Fast in 2021, Right Here in Nigeria… Click here to see it yourself

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Personally, I Hate Corruption - Buhari / Abure Criticises Rising Cost Of Governance, Urges LP NASS Members To Reject SUVs / Alex Otti Flags Off Construction Of Another 30km road In Abia North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.