Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police (16085 Views)

End SARS Memorial Rally: Nigerians, Be Wary / Police Recover Arms, Charms From Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally Protesters (Photo) / Lai Mohammed On EndSARS: We Have Met Demands, We Can't Go Beyond What We've Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by obyrich(m): 6:48am On Oct 20, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Security agents should protect the peaceful protesters, and stop behaving like terrorists
grin
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by louqas: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2021
adeijairel:
embarassed As long as the protest is not hijacked, the protesters have rights to assemble. It's when hoodlums and arsonists start causing confusion, that's where the problem starts

Are the so called hoodlums not Youths?
Are they not also victims of sars?
They just dont know how to protest peacefully...
They only peotest the only way theu know how to protest

2 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Buckeyemedia1: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2021
adeijairel:
embarassed As long as the protest is not hijacked, the protesters have rights to assemble. It's when hoodlums and arsonists start causing confusion, that's where the problem starts
Aren’t the protesters hoodlums? How do you differentiate a university cultist from an agbero?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Buckeyemedia1: 6:54am On Oct 20, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Security agents should protect the peaceful protesters, and stop behaving like terrorists
Well they have told you protesters that they cannot guarantee your safety, so no gathering, only the hoodlums will insist on protesting & public destruction.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by louqas: 6:55am On Oct 20, 2021
Thatdopekelly:
To all those buffoons twisting the narrative, nobody threw a stone until our fellow Nigerians were brutally murdered on 19th October, this resulted in destruction of properties... But as it is accustomed to the Nigerian government, they say we cannot be allowed to protest cuz we are violent which of course am not surprised, but to see some hungry nairalanders here support them is appalling. cry

Thats why you have to burn down NPA HQ (whats the correlation...is it Nigeria army Hq.....Magistrate court...(did the shooters come from there)....Yaba bus terminal...(were the buses used to convey the shooters)....
Agreed some people were killed....is that why thousands of innocent businesses mosy owned by youths have to be destroyed....
Theres nothing to justify the arson that took place...

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by KingEkpo1: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2021
❌❌������❌❌

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Flaame(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2021
BKayy:
Any Igbo man seen in that protest is a fool.
Remember the last Endsars
what happened on the last Endsars? Why do you choose to be ignorant and so naive?
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by WaffenSS(m): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2021
Seems this time there will be a real massacre.....good.

Those miscreants each deserve their destined bullet.

2 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Awolowo86: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2021
The day the Nigerian youth will actually become tired of all these and actually take laws into their own hands and do violence....

I hope the Nigerian government will be ready for that day.

When you threaten people who practice peace for so long, one day they will answer your violence with violence; then tell me, what will you do then? Respond with more violence?

2 Likes

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by King44(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2021
BKayy:
That's a silly excuse, don't affect others with your cowardliness. Every protester was labeled and slandered, besides if you can take labeling/slandering from those hungry and heartless BMCs seriously that shows you, others who think the same way don't know what you are fighting for.

To you, it's just an ethnic thing and a bit of ego.

The real fool is the man who lets what others say get to him as a result of that he prefers to hide when others are exercising their rights, just because some miscreant and never do well said something bad about him or her.

On this ground, nobody cares about your tribe or ethnic etc if you like be an Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba, Delta etc as long as you know what's right and you are fighting for it, we are all ordinary Nigs that is trying all we could to change the nation for good and avoid being silenced by the ungodly gvt who hates progress.

Bodies, I might even be talking to a BMC who is trying so hard to sway others.

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Adewunmibaba(m): 7:31am On Oct 20, 2021
BKayy:

Shut ur mouth � � ...
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by CrystalSpark(m): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2021
comfortjeve5u:
Thanks for the recommendation....

Stop derailing the thread with comments from your alternate accounts na!!!!!!

Didn’t I bust you in the other thread? I hope you know this is madness; commenting to yourself and replying same.

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by michoim(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2021
If you want to do a memorial, go to churches or mosques...hidden sinister motives are pushing you reckless people about
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by KaluwisxPRO: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2021
RichAbujaGuy:
I hope property and shop owners have taken precautions and have insurance payments up to date. Hooligans could take over again. shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/6200656/massive-endsars-damage-destruction-lagos

Instead of appealing to the Police to provide security for protesters as it’s supposed to be done, bunch of lowlifes like you think protesting means Coup. I pity for your generation unborn

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by EgusiShankly: 7:49am On Oct 20, 2021
SensualMan1:
A year ago I woke up on my birthday only to see a Nigerian flag drenched in blood. Blood of our youths, our future leaders.
What was their crime? Demand for their basic rights. That was why Bola Ahmed Tinubu ordered Nigerian military to shoot everyone at toll gate.
I cried on my Birthday instead of celebrating, a year later, I say to my fellow youths, be strong, be of courage, let us join hands and fight the oppression by ensuring that the bourdillon thief, The thief who owns American University of Nigeria, all ancestors do not have a go at the helm of affairs nomore.

Happy Birthday to me ojare!
grin
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by KaluwisxPRO: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2021
louqas:

Thats why you have to burn down NPA HQ (whats the correlation...is it Nigeria army Hq.....Magistrate court...(did the shooters come from there)....Yaba bus terminal...(were the buses used to convey the shooters)....
Agreed some people were killed....is that why thousands of innocent businesses mosy owned by youths have to be destroyed....

Those are Government buildings, nobody is justifying the destruction of properties, but the Government is using the protest as an excuse to act like they’re not aware of the level of Poverty in Lagos and the entire country at large.

If we’re being honest with ourselves, this Government will do anything to avoid such violence by being civil instead of daily threats to stop a peaceful protest.

Nobody, even the Government has the monopoly of violence. The people of the country are the voices, if you have opposing views, you can organize a counter protest, but make sure your procession is face to face with Endsars protesters, so you can explain this your nonsense to them.

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by membranus: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2021
helinues:

Those who refused to learn from the history always learn in a bitter way

Today is your heyday hater of truth, fairness, egalitarianism, and justice.

Keep on posting rubbish, while we will keep on fighting injustice and misrule
with no fear or favour.

And we are bound to win with determination and patience, while you lovers of injustice will retreat in shame and defeat.

Happy ENDSARS2020 Celebration to us.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by gassbee: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2021
Olalekanbanky1:
Funniest thing is dat none of the leaders of the protest would be shot.

Na passerby pple dey fall victim.
If you have a loved one, pls warn him/her not to proceed on this protest and if u have loved ones, do not join the protest.
Not with the crop of policeman we have in this country that can fire anything fireable
leave them i just pity those that wil be dealth with this morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Thatdopekelly(m): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2021
louqas:

Am sure if you come back home and realized your father who's supposed to watch over the family had killed one of your sibblings you'll do more than just burn down the house, this is not to justify violence, but in anger of a bereft you might do the unthinkable.
Trust me brov, there's no justification to burn down those individually owned properties, especially the micro businesses owned by citizens that can hardly fend... But the government properties na we get am, so if decide to scatter the parlour because of we papa fucup, issue no supposed dey there.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by ba7man(m): 8:35am On Oct 20, 2021
rollandben:
We coconut head, we were born to trouble and conquer bad Governance. We moveeee
Nonsense.

Dem dey break any coconut if dem ready chop am.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by suffering: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2021
It’s time for the frustrated police force to unleash another round of African justice on jobless fellows. Those truly affected by the events of last year will come out, the rest will consist of unemployed louts willing to cause mayhem. I dey house dey watch TV. Nothing concerns me.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by louqas: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thatdopekelly:

Am sure if you come back home and realized your father who's supposed to watch over the family had killed one of your sibblings you'll do more than just burn down the house, this is not to justify violence, but in anger of a bereft you might do the unthinkable.
Trust me brov, there's no justification to burn down those individually owned properties, especially the micro businesses owned by citizens that can hardly fend... But the government properties na we get am, so if decide to scatter the parlour because of we papa fucup, issue no supposed dey there.

And you think my remaining brothers will stand aside and watch me burn down the house?...what if my said sibling also provoked my father to his deed...will two wrongs make a right?...my father will be charged for muder while i will also go to jail for arson and culpable murder

We dont have enough ammenities then we go ahead to destroy some of the ones we have so government will feel the brunt abi

Government says it doesnt have money thats why it could not provide enough amenities (we know thats an excuse anyway) that it has to continue borrowing....we all fear too much loan...but then because government killed one of us we have to destroy some of the ammenities we have....

The whole show was premeditated....those who targeted people and government properties knew exactly what they were doing....
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by louqas: 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Those are Government buildings, nobody is justifying the destruction of properties, but the Government is using the protest as an excuse to act like they’re not aware of the level of Poverty in Lagos and the entire country at large.

If we’re being honest with ourselves, this Government will do anything to avoid such violence by being civil instead of daily threats to stop a peaceful protest.

Nobody, even the Government has the monopoly of violence. The people of the country are the voices, if you have opposing views, you can organize a counter protest, but make sure your procession is face to face with Endsars protesters, so you can explain this your nonsense to them.

If you had lost your life savings to the arson you wont be saying all this rubbish.
Your right to protest end where mine begin....you cannot use your protest to destroy my livelihood and expect me to clap for you. I also have a right not to support your protest
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by KaluwisxPRO: 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
louqas:

If you had lost your life savings to the arson you wont be saying all this rubbish.
Your right to protest end where mine begin....you cannot use your protest to destroy my livelihood and expect me to clap for you. I also have a right not to support your protest

The Government had the baton to quell the ish before it deescalated. And we all saw how government cars where moving thugs to attack protesters.

Secondly, there’s insurance, and they’re doing their Job. Government has funds to compensate people, but cannot provide basic amenities.
Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Omooba77: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2021
Mrpojj:

Sometimes you wonder what is wrong with nigerian police, you know the leaders who are organizing this, ask them were they are assembling , and there marching routes , mobilise your men, assemble with them, March with them, at the end of the day everyone goes home happy, you can even address them too,
Not every time ground standing that will not help anyone

Most of them are really suffering, but can't disobey orders....

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On EndSARS memorial Rally, Protesters Reply Lagos Police by Omooba77: 10:58am On Oct 21, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

The Government had the baton to quell the ish before it deescalated. And we all saw how government cars where moving thugs to attack protesters.

Secondly, there’s insurance, and they’re doing their Job. Government has funds to compensate people, but cannot provide basic amenities.

Nigeria is upside down....Same police will not be there when agberos are killing and maiming......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VIDEO: Youths Protest Insufficient Pvcs In Enugu / Personally, I Hate Corruption - Buhari / How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.