Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

The Basics - How To Build Self Confidence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Basics - How To Build Self Confidence (377 Views)

Confidence Imuo: Surviving Car Accident That Somersaulted 5 Times Is A Miracle / Three Time-proven Ways To Build Self-confidence / How To Speak With Confidence & Master Public Speaking In Few Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Basics - How To Build Self Confidence by muffleitjuhi(f): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2021
A lot of sites talk about how to build self-confidence and self-trust. I think a lot of people will agree that self-confidence is very important - almost indispensable - and everyone would want to have more and more of it.
I sure mention it a lot, and really, in every aspect of your life self-confidence - trusting yourself - will in fact open many doors in life for you; not only socially and romantically, but in business, your job and overall life experiences.

This is a KEY factor on improving your lifestyle - learning how to build self-confidence is something that should be in everyone’s life goals.
For some people it happens naturally; they’re genetically predisposed to be more unapologetic, outgoing and oblivious, and their life has resulted in a series of events that lead them in a direction where having self-confidence is just a consequence.
Easy as you like, they develop – no, manage to keep the self-esteem they were born with.
Keep reading-best paint color for bathroom with no windows

Ego and Self-Esteem:
There’s a difference on where your confidence can come from: it’s either a product of our ego or just plain self-esteem.
The ego looks for external factors on why we should be confident: how many people we know in a certain place, how used we are to a certain environment, human-made status roles (such as having some assigned power over someone), having a cool clothing item, and so on.

They’re all external factors that feed our ego – and it’s unsustainable. There’s always going to be someone with more status, cooler and better clothes, more money, etc.

The ego is based around situational confidence, because you only feel confident in certain situations.
Ego based confidence does the job in the short term, but once we’re on a different situation, different role, dressed different, whatever then poof! It’s GONE.

The second kind of cnfidence, the real kind and how to build self confidence of that kind (self-esteem & self confidence) isn’t all that easy.
For me, it's been a long way. When I first decided I wanted to become more confident, I looked for external things that would help me; cool clothes, cool glasses, a cool watch.

Building up your self confidence is a very crucial quality to have in order to be successful. An Organization Development and Leadership degree from SJU Online will help you gain all the knowledge needed to boost your self confidence.
I thought that once I dressed trendy then I could be allowed to be cooler.
You can also check-tattoo shop name ideas

Truth being, that in the first place, speaking of fashion, what makes these items cool were the people who made them trendy - on me they didn’t seem all that cool. Or at least that’s what I thought.
Learning how to build self confidence is like planting a seed; you just decide you’re going to plant it, take care of it and slowly it will start growing.

Well, how do you do this?
The first step for me was commitment. I knew confidence was all I really needed to improve socially and I made a commitment to make it happen, no matter what.
Then I started researching how to build it; I found a lot of weird websites out there. Part of why I’m making this one is piling up what worked and putting it out there
Also read-best paint color for small bathroom with no windows

(1) (Reply)

Supeona From A Loan App / Vent space / Tiwa Savage In Serious Mess With Man In Viral S3x Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.