Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

My Life Is Under Threats- ALGON Sec-gen, Muhammed Ibukun Cries Out - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Life Is Under Threats- ALGON Sec-gen, Muhammed Ibukun Cries Out (353 Views)

The Sec. Gen, Abia State PDP Campaign Council, Salute Senator Chief T.A Orji On / Algon Is Not For Sale, Imc Fumes Over Plans To Hijack Association / Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Life Is Under Threats- ALGON Sec-gen, Muhammed Ibukun Cries Out by Amyy24: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
• Alleges plans by Alabi, Binta, Others to harm him
• Begs FG, IGP to intercede in association crisis
The Secretary General of Association of Local Government of Nigeria, ALGON, Muhammed Ibujun Abubakar, has raised alarm over suspected plans to harm him as a result of the current battle of supremacy besieging the association.

Ibukun, who made the disclosure on Friday to newsmen, revealed that he has for a long time noticed very suspicious movements by some unscrupulous elements within his home and office territory, even unnecessary phone calls, hence he decided to open up to the whole world about the perceived threats to his life.

Recall an Interim Management Committee had earlier been set up to continue management of affairs of the association after a court of competent jurisdiction restrained Alabi on the basis of impersonation and fraudulent practices.

The Secretary General, further disclosed to newsmen, that ever since he took it upon himself to expose Alabi, Binta and others, a group of persons who assumed positions as leadership of the association on false information to extort and divert over 5 billion naira of monies meant for the development of the association to personal accounts for their own selfish interests.

He said: “I have been receiving direct and indirect threats as regards to the crisis besieging the association, especially as I took the path of transparency and equity to expose the subterfuge and other crimes perpetuated by Hon. Alabi Kolade David and his cohorts against the association. Ordinarily, I could have treated the threat as mere gibberish, but since I perceived that the threats are coming from the camp of persons who would do anything to still wield powers especially as it negatively affects an association which embodies the third tier of government.

“On this premise, it is therefore very imperative that I also expose the direct and indirect threat to my life. I’m using this medium, gentlemen of the press to call on the general public to be in the know of the recent happenings and the Federal Government, the Inspector General of Police to intercede in the crisis as no matter the level of distraction and provocation by my detractors, I shall continue to work to ensure that peace and stability is restored upon ALGON and justice prevailed.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Cursed / Satisfactory Graphics Work / Ede Poly Gets Research Grant To Boost Women's Participation In Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.