Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? (8987 Views)

What Could Be The Cause Of This On My Phone Screen / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / SIM Registration Of 95.7 Million Subscribers Invalid - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by Awesomejah: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2021
Good day all. Please has anyone experienced this?

I just got my NIN slip now and tried to link my MTN lines using the *785# but I got a message saying that my NIN is invalid.

Note** I bought the Sim cards before I got married and registered them with my maiden surname. I decided to use my new surname( husband's name) for my NIN registration so as to appear in my subsequent documents and stuffs like that.

Could the change in surnames be the cause of this? Please whoever has experienced such should kindly advice on the way forward and what he/she did to ensure their NIN Sim linkage.
Re: ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by tayo60(f): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2021
U should have used your maiden surname to register your NIN to avoid situation like this. Over to you eyin omoowe.
Re: ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by omobacyprus(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
Awesomejah:

I just got my NIN slip now and tried to link my MTN lines using the *785# but I got a message saying that my NIN is invalid.

Note** I bought the Sim cards before I got married and registered them with my maiden surname. I decided to use my new surname( husband's name) for my NIN registration so as to appear in my subsequent documents and stuffs like that.

Could the change in surnames be the cause of this? Please whoever has experienced such should kindly advice on the way forward and what he/she did to ensure their NIN Sim linkage.

That's not the cause, wait till government validate the nin for you
Re: ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by yak(m): 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Awesomejah:

Call the nimc customer care numbers and complain. They will ask for the NIN and help to upload it to the portal 08157691145, 08157691071

1 Like

Re: ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by Awesomejah: 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2021
Thanks
Re: ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by Awesomejah: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
[quote author=yak post=106945007]

Call the nimc customer care numbers and complain. They will ask for the NIN and help to upload it to the portal 08157691145, 08157691071

Thanks
Re: ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 01, 2022
Been facing the same issue for a while now. So does that mean if we don't place a call through to the NIMC they won't update the same NIN they issued themselves?

The government is clearly unprepared... Yet they're putting people under pressure to register.
Re: ''INVALID NIN SUBMISSION'' What Could Be The Cause? by moodyguy: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
yak:

The numbers are not going through

(1) (Reply)

Mi Tribe A500 Replacement Battery Urgent / Enjoy The Wonders Of 'chinko' Phones. / Facebook Application For Symbian Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.