Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

I Am Confused And Depressed.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Confused And Depressed.. (2640 Views)

Man Drives Tesla Into A Petrol Station Leaving Attendants Confused / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / Confused Donkey Chews Carrot-colored Mclaren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Please I need a lasting solution or advice based on who ever has experienced it before.
Am using a vw touran 2005 with an Fsi engine 2.0.
At first I started noticing after 15 minutes drive ,the car will flashing a check engine light and it will be jerking as if the plugs or coils are not working.
But after the scan was done ,it was not a misfire but and (injector 1 cylinder open circuit).
We brought out the injectors and service them and the seem to be fine .
Now we took the Injector 1 and send it to cylinder 4.
Started the car and it ran for 15 minutes and the jerking came back again .we scanned it again and it still showed injector 1 cylinder open circuit again.
Rewire is suggesting we change the ecu brain box that it might be the problem.
Since we check the socket wirer to the injector and it was good and tight.
Rewire is suggesting and ecu replacement..
Please I need help on this issure

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by lillyontop(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
It's true you need to get another brain box because of these same issue you had I once changed the complete engine of a Honda pilot thinking it was the engine and after they install the new engine it was doing same thing ontill the brain box was changed before everything came back to normal but sincerely I cried that day the reason was that the car just came into the country toks car and when they took out the engine I sold the engine for 50k and bought another one for 350k

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by sultaan(m): 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
Good thing you started asking question before going further
Your mechanic is the problem now because he does not know what he is doing nor have the right tool .

He should look for a open circuit with either a test light or ohm meter, but a scan tool with a test capability will run the injector and you will see it is not working. test the pigtail again, and look for green rusts

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Dozieson(m): 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2021
eduman07:
Please I need a lasting solution or advice based on who ever has experienced it before.
At first I started noticing after 15 minutes drive ,the car will flashing a check engine light and it will be jerking as if the plugs or coils are not working.
But after the scan was done ,it was not a misfire but and (injector 1 cylinder open circuit).
Started the car and it ran for 15 minutes and the jerking came back again .we scanned it again and it still showed injector 1 cylinder open circuit again.

Very painful
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Dozieson(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
eduman07:

Scan and share the codes here. Don't just assume what you don't know
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
lillyontop:
It's true you need to get another brain box because of these same issue you had I once changed the complete engine of a Honda pilot thinking it was the engine and after they install the new engine it was doing same thing ontill the brain box was changed before everything came back to normal but sincerely I cried that day the reason was that the car just came into the country toks car and when they took out the engine I sold the engine for 50k and bought another one for 350k
blood of jesus,that's the reason why u need a scanner when you are driving a car to avoid wrong diagnosis to the minimum

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by lillyontop(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
blood of jesus,that's the reason why u need a scanner when you are driving a car to avoid wrong diagnosis to the minimum

Bros scanner was just saying the 1st cylinder isn't functioning we changed all the coil cap on the 1st cylinder same thing, I changed the nozzle and plug same thing then the mechanic said maybe the cylinder has issue and me no like wahala
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Dozieson(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
lillyontop:

Bros scanner was just saying the 1st cylinder isn't functioning we changed all the coil cap on the 1st cylinder same thing, I changed the nozzle and plug same thing then the mechanic said maybe the cylinder has issue and me no like wahala

Scanning shows code and not 1st cylinder inst functioning.

A code could be triggered by many reasons. That is why it is wise to shared codes here for people with similar issues to help out.

Eg a code like p0012 could mean;

Bad camshaft/tack camshaft
Bad timing chain
Dirty ocv oil strainer/filter
Faulty ocv
Dirty engine oil
Low engine oil
Timing not properly set
No thermostat (few cases)
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
eduman07:

Based on your information here, your scanner threw up a P0201 code

DO NOT......I REPEAT......DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE REPLACE THE ECU.

That is a last ditch move. Most likely be the beginning of your hell on earth.

1. Take out the connector head and try to clean it. Remove any rusts on the connector head and see if that fixes it.

2. If that doesn't work, you move on to the next step which is to replace the fuel injector. But since you already moved the injectors around, I'm guessing that wont work either.

3. You want to have the circuit tested to see if there are any breaks or faults on the wiring. Most likely this is where the issue is. If the fault is from the ECU, then you will have more than one injector flagging. There is probably a breakage at the connector of cylinder 1. Simply buy a new injector connector plug, get a good rewire to cut of the old one and solder the new one in.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by sultaan(m): 2:37am On Oct 22, 2021
This make two people to recommend checking for open circuit. The if you use a multimeter on the connector and wiring you may find where the break is.

Did anyone work on the car about a week before problem started?

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=EMIOMOADEOYE post=106947428]

Based on your information here, your scanner threw up a P0201 code

DO NOT......I REPEAT......DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE REPLACE THE ECU.

That is a last ditch move. Most likely be the beginning of your hell on earth.

1. Take out the connector head and try to clean it. Remove any rusts on the connector head and see if that fixes it.

2. If that doesn't work, you move on to the next step which is to replace the fuel injector. But since you already moved the injectors around, I'm guessing that wont work either.

3. You want to have the circuit tested to see if there are any breaks or faults on the wiring. Most likely this is where the issue is. If the fault is from the ECU, then you will have more than one injector flagging. There is probably a breakage at the connector of cylinder 1. Simply buy a new injector connector plug, get a good rewire to cut of the old one and solder the new one in.

Sorry for my late response.
We actually took out the cylinder 1 injector plug and check the connection and the wires all to the ecu plug and the wire has a good continuity with no break at all...
Brought out ecu and it looks good as new.
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
Thanks for your response..
We took time today to check the wire for break or continuity and all wore seems okey.
No break or short .
Was check with 2 meters, a digital and an apology meter to get a good reading.
And all wires are pretty much okey...
Ecu was brought out looking very clean without any debris..
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2021
lillyontop:
lillyontop:

Wow ..really painful.
Am only having being suspecting two things
1. Open circuit from wire
2. Ecu which am scared of right now.
I and the rewire checked the wires today
And the wires seems very good down to the ecu plug all intact.
I just taya for this problem
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
Dozieson:

Scan and share the codes here. Don't just assume what you don't know

P0201 Code: is the code sir
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Dozieson(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2021
eduman07:

What work was done on this car prior to this issue/code?
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:10pm On Oct 22, 2021
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=eduman07 post=106972168][/quote]

That's strange

Just out of curiosity, which of the cylinders are you taking as 1?

The one on the right or on the left?
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=eduman07 post=106972168][/quote]

That's strange

The one on the right or on the left
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 6:42am On Oct 23, 2021
eduman07:

Dozieson:

What work was done on this car prior to this issue/code?

It just came on its own..
It has been fine for months without a repair on it.
It just started misfire which when I put off the car and wait for a minute and switch on the car the misfire stops and I also noticed it will come back after I make a sharp bend or enters a bumpy road ..
It was scanned error code cleared ,tested twice and it keeps pointing to the cylinder 1 injector open circuit.
Yesterday all wires leading from the injector 1 plug down to the ecu was tested for continuity ,and it was all fine without any break or shot.i just don't want think it's the ecu.
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 6:45am On Oct 23, 2021
EMIOMOADEOYE:

That's strange

The one on the right or on the left
Cylinder 1 is the cylinder closer to timing.
And it's pointing to open circuit which is actually the wires not even the injectors cause we have swap them all and it keeps pointing to an open circuit on injector 1
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by MOTIONTECH(m): 7:26am On Oct 23, 2021
how did your mechanic test for a short circuit on the injector? Dont begin to change parts. where is your location let me see if i can be of help.
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by DMechyy: 8:11am On Oct 23, 2021
eduman07:
Your location, and where is the vehicle?
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Dozieson(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2021
eduman07:

It just came on its own..
It has been fine for months without a repair on it.
It just started misfire which when I put off the car and wait for a minute and switch on the car the misfire stops and I also noticed it will come back after I make a sharp bend or enters a bumpy road ..
It was scanned error code cleared ,tested twice and it keeps pointing to the cylinder 1 injector open circuit.
Yesterday all wires leading from the injector 1 plug down to the ecu was tested for continuity ,and it was all fine without any break or shot.i just don't want think it's the ecu.

Now, find a way to use another ECU to test if it's the issue. Buy only when it is confirmed that it is the issue. This is a test that has to be done
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by chukel(m): 6:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Before you get another ECU, get another wire harness for the injector and check. Wire harness is cheaper and can be easily returned if you wish.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Yaink: 10:08am On Oct 25, 2021
Good mornjng people of God...... please I had a very terrible experience with honda CRV, at first it goes nautra before going to gear 2 when driving then after a while the D light started blinking and stops driving when it starts. I went to scan it was saying P1768 which was replaced severally and problem persists. It got to a point the car won't drive at all and the D light still blinks and I started hearing a spinning sound when I start the engine from the gear side and it stops when I engage the gear although it won't drive. So a technician suggested that we need to replace the transmission which is the reason for spinning sound. Has anyone had similar issue and what was the way out when you had it because am about buying another gearbox.
chukel:
Before you get another ECU, get another wire harness for the coil and check. Wire harness is cheaper and can be easily returned if you wish.
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by EngRichie: 6:32am On Oct 26, 2021
Do continuity test on injector 1 circuit first. If I am the technician, I will open the ECU and look out for weak solder before resorting to ECU replacement.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by autologic: 6:48am On Oct 26, 2021
eduman07:
Change your mechanic and go for labscope non- invasive engine dynamics test .Both electrical and mechanical elements will be taken care in Jst one reading all within 10 minutes or so less .Troubleshooting has gone high tech and sophiscated with 21st century testing method ,Disruption has already taken over the industry, unfortunately our so -called technician are still living in the dark ages of "check this check that syndrome ".

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by eduman07(m): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Okay sorry for my late response ..
Car is finally fixed and back to the road so good.we bought an injector socket and wires.
We ran a complete fresh wiring from the injector 1 with the new socket down to the ecu and cut off the factory wire there now joined the new wire to the cylinder 1 line thereby avoiding the factory wire...
Cleared all error code.
Started the car and she ran so smooth.
Thanks all for your advice .. appreciate you guyz God bless

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by grafixdon: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
lillyontop:

Chai. So painful
Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by Dozieson(m): 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
eduman07:
Okay sorry for my late response ..
Car is finally fixed and back to the road so good.we bought an injector socket and wires.
We ran a complete fresh wiring from the injector 1 with the new socket down to the ecu and cut off the factory wire there now joined the new wire to the cylinder 1 line thereby avoiding the factory wire...
Cleared all error code.
Started the car and she ran so smooth.
Thanks all for your advice .. appreciate you guyz God bless

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by sultaan(m): 12:50am On Nov 02, 2021
You listening to advice here and not go do whatever mechanic said is what saved you a lot of trial and error down the road, we were all sticking to bad wiring as the car said.
We have seen a lot of people start with simple problem like that that ended up replacing both engine and transmission before selling it off.

Ignorant mechanic like yours will say VW have electric problem go buy Toyota. This shows why

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused And Depressed.. by skywalker240(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2021
sultaan:
You listening to advice here and not go do whatever mechanic said is what saved you a lot of trial and error down the road, we were all sticking to bad wiring as the car said.
We have seen a lot of people start with simple problem like that that ended up replacing both engine and transmission before selling it off.

Ignorant mechanic like yours will say VW have electric problem go buy Toyota. This shows why
89% of the op car problem was actually from the kazeem op employed his services That is.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread for Abuja Car Stunt Photos & Videos Every Sunday 6pm. / Is It Okay To Warm Your Car Before Driving Off In The Morning? / Nissan Maxima Camshaft Sensor Issues And Going Off On Motion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.