Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today (42586 Views)

How I Prepared The Alligator I Killed / How A Snake Was Killed And Eaten / Big Python Killed In My Neighborhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Badadvisor: 12:41am On Oct 23, 2021
Buddha3:
Once you see person wear that rubbish slippers wey all him toes go run dey match ground for front, just know say no be better person.

You catch monitor lizard pikin kill because of hunger dey celebrate say na alligator. Drum of water go settle comfortably for your neck region. No be your fault sha, na that bastard for aso rock cause am!
How did you come about these slippers talk? grin
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:12am On Oct 23, 2021
CaptainZubi:

They are trying to educate you yet you're arguing. Why are Nigerians just this terrible. A monitor lizard is not the same as a Komodo dragon. They are two entirely different animals

Oto

Get educated

Public ignoramus....you don kuku use your mouth call yourself terrible...Otondo

Monitor is the classification given to any specie of large carnivorous lizards. A komodo dragon belongs to that class. A simple Google research would have shown you some facts

Just like saying a tortoise is not a reptile.....you will argue with taht one too abi

You come dey even follow me drag. Why are Nigerians so Lazy sef. As Lazy as that Fulani mannequin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_lizard

https://www.britannica.com/animal/monitor-lizard
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:19am On Oct 23, 2021
SilvanusII:

Komodo Dragons are NOT monitor lizards

Actually...they are

https://www.britannica.com/animal/monitor-lizard
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Judolisco(m): 1:28am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
This is monitor lizard aka komodo dragon
Wtf man..
its not a komodo dragon....komodo is another specie and a member of d monitor lizard family
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by olamakinde(m): 1:35am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
Wtf man..
monitor lizard is different from komodo dragon
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Dcaliphate(m): 3:43am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
Wtf man..
Its purely a monitor lizard not a comodo dragon, there's a different... wtf man
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by PROPEACE: 3:48am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
Wtf man..
A monitor lizard ain't a Komodo dragon!
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Judybash93(m): 4:56am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
Wtf man..

It's not a komodo dragon... Only distantly related
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:11am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
Wtf man..

Komodo is not de mate of monitor lizard.
Nothing join them.

Komodo is huge and a true dragon, not found nigeria.
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by durubennie(m): 5:46am On Oct 23, 2021
sharpwriter:

Komodo dragon is slightly different, they are of the same family though but at adult age komodo size supercedes the monitor lizard's size. Then the komodo venom and bite is more poisonous than that of the monitor lizard.

While monitor lizard shys away quickly, komodo is aggressive in nature. Also their skin pattern ain't the same.
and they eat their prey alive

1 Like

Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Munzy14(m): 6:01am On Oct 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

Now that you killed it, what did you gain? Meat wey no reach 1k undecided
Hahaha onye gwara gi na owu 1k?

Have you priced such before?

Hapu ha ka ha riri uwa na onu, life is short biko.
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by nijanigga: 6:04am On Oct 23, 2021
Nigerians and meat,I doubt if there are nigerian- vegetarians
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Dshocker(m): 6:09am On Oct 23, 2021
Phillz83:
Goodday nairaland sorry this was coming late was so busy today... this creature was killed very close to my Neighborhood today grin

This is called a monitor lizard
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Dshocker(m): 6:10am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
Wtf man..

This isn't a Komodo dragon
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Perfectbeing(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2021
Eating any animal that eats meat is a big NO for me
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by membranus: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2021
TeamLeader:
The legend is here
The man must be a great lover of dead reptiles.

Dem take them do juju for am?
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by jaeyking(m): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2021
jnrbayano:

Komodo dragon is a specie of monitor lizard albeit the largest of this specie

But this is not Komodo dragon. Komodo dragon is not native to Africa

They actually belong to the same genus but of different species cool cool
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Rolexjerry(m): 10:17am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
Wtf man..
Do you really know what a Komodo dragon is?
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Germi9: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
he even looks like d monitor lizard sef..
Am telling you
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Blessing185(f): 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2021
Rolexjerry:

Do you really know what a Komodo dragon is?
ask ur father..una can too do oversabi for this nairaland yet una no fit face government,na una fellow citizens una power reach online..abeg no quote me again

1 Like

Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Blessing185(f): 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
sharpwriter:

Komodo dragon is slightly different, they are of the same family though but at adult age komodo size supercedes the monitor lizard's size. Then the komodo venom and bite is more poisonous than that of the monitor lizard.

While monitor lizard shys away quickly, komodo is aggressive in nature. Also their skin pattern ain't the same.
Thanks for d explanation sir,not all these oversabi people that are waiting for whom to insult rather than correct.

1 Like

Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by sharpwriter(m): 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Thanks for d explanation sir,not all these oversabi people that are waiting for whom to insult rather than correct.
Lol... We learn everyday. I had to Google it again and I found out that monitor lizard is a general name. But even Google isn't straight forward.

But the komodo is the largest type of monitor lizard or biggest extant lizard like they called it.

But surely, what we have here isn't the komodo. I could see they call our specie here "wild savanna monitor."
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Anndrew(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2021
Blessing185:
Holy gram
This ain't alligator
This is monitor lizard
Wtf man..
lolz the abaya say no alligator....
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Anndrew(m): 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
Op,na u b that and for the record. that not an alligator but a monitor lizard...Well done for ur meats..�
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by OvertheTop(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
Phillz83:
Goodday nairaland sorry this was coming late was so busy today... this creature was killed very close to my Neighborhood today grin

Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by Rolexjerry(m): 6:06am On Oct 24, 2021
Blessing185:
ask ur father..una can too do oversabi for this nairaland yet una no fit face government,na una fellow citizens una power reach online..abeg no quote me again
Then stop constituting a nuisance by always typing rubbish.
Re: Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
toby33:

They are venomous

Ok, you could be right. But let me just go read up on it to confirm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breadfruit: Hate Or Love? / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? / N8000 Food Shared By Bayo Omoboriowo, Buhari's Photographer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.