Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. (1368 Views)

Lagos Residents Scramble To Pick Stolen Money: Video / Suspects Who Stashed Stolen Money In Pants (Throwback Photos) / Augustine Wallies In Cyprus Killed By 9 Fellow Nigerians Over Stolen Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Kinsmenn(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
My brother just lost ₦260,000 to internet fraudsters and till today, the manner in which this happened is hurting us all. He said he went into UBA's banking hall at WHARF ROAD, Apapa. While using the ATM, he received 3 otps which he didn't respond to. Wasn't up to ten minutes later, he first received a debit alert of ₦200,000. In the space of two minutes, he received two alerts of ₦50,000 and ₦10,000.

This is our house rent, hard earned sweat. Please is there any means we can track this stolen money?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Boogyman557: 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool SO SORRY MAN. SAME REASON I DNT USE BANK. SAME REASON I DNT HVE ATM CARD. SAME REASON I HIGH ON MY KUSH 24sc.. WTF MAN
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by SUPERPACK: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
His card details might have been copied and used to make an online purchase. Go to your bank and demand for the payment processor used, if it is an online purchase your bank should be able to cancel it, if not they should track the receiving account number.
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Blessing185(f): 6:35am On Oct 22, 2021
Nobody copied his details,I keep seeing this and keep shaking my head.any email you use to save ba.nk lo.gins and passwords should be removed from your phone or don't auto save passwords on your email. If your email gets hacked,all your passwords saves can be accessed and the person only needs to download d bank app of ur bank and once installed,he only needs to touch the login section and email and password pops up because it's already saved to d email on your phone which is now also on his own phone. His fingerprint sensor will recognize his as yours from his phone to and he has access to every sites you saved their password and d safest way for them to rub u is through bet9ja..be wise

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Kinsmenn(m): 7:57am On Oct 22, 2021
SUPERPACK:
His card details might have been copied and used to make an online purchase. Go to your bank and demand for the payment processor used, if it is an online purchase your bank should be able to cancel it, if not they should track the receiving account number.

I'll ask him if he has done that. It was transferred to a sportybet acct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Kinsmenn(m): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2021
Blessing185:
Nobody copied his details,I keep seeing this and keep shaking my head.any email you use to save ba.nk lo.gins and passwords should be removed from your phone or don't auto save passwords on your email. If your email gets hacked,all your passwords saves can be accessed and the person only needs to download d bank app of ur bank and once installed,he only needs to touch the login section and email and password pops up because it's already saved to d email on your phone which is now also on his own phone. His fingerprint sensor will recognize his as yours from his phone to and he has access to every sites you saved their password and d safest way for them to rub u is through bet9ja..be wise

Wow. This is enlightening, thank you.
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by NaijaCover(m): 8:00am On Oct 22, 2021
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Blessing185(f): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2021
Kinsmenn:

Wow. This is enlightening, thank you.
bros I was thought this by a guy who specializes in hacking Facebook and WhatsApp..I gave him one Facebook login I wasn't using and once guy logged in d email on his phone,he download and opened my uba account and other sites like Patricia app I saved their passwords,the guy warns me never to give out such details again. Now if that guy wasn't someone close to me or I haven't wronged before,that's how my account would have been wiped. This is not Dem say dem say,guy opened my bank account with my 22k balance I was having then. When the app requested for fingerprint,he placed his on his phone and his phone recognized it as mine because his phone is is already registered to his fingerprint to confirm any transactions. We should be very careful on how we use our email addresses.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by SUPERPACK: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
Blessing185:
bros I was thought this by a guy who specializes in hacking Facebook and WhatsApp..I gave him one Facebook login I wasn't using and once guy logged in d email on his phone,he download and opened my uba account and other sites like Patricia app I saved their passwords,the guy warns me '[never to give out such details again. Now if that guy wasn't someone close to me or I haven't wronged before,that's how my account would have been wiped. This is not Dem say dem say,guy opened my bank account with my 22k balance I was having then. When the app requested for fingerprint,he placed his on his phone and his phone recognized it as mine because his phone is is already registered to his fingerprint to confirm any transactions. We should be very careful on how we use our email addresses.
facebook login is different from email login details. so I don't see how he got your email password from your facebook. Unless you are saying that you gave him the password to your email.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Blessing185(f): 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
SUPERPACK:
facebook login is different from email login details. so I don't see how he got your email password from your facebook. Unless you are saying that you gave him the password to your email.
I gave him email I used in opening a Facebook account which is is same email I used to autosave passwords. U can use both email and fone number to open fb and login with either number,email or username,which means d guy can still access my email as it was email and password I gave him U understand now.
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by SUPERPACK: 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
Blessing185:
I gave him email I used in opening a Facebook account which is is same email I used to autosave passwords. U can use both email and fone number to open fb and login with either number,email or username,which means d guy can still access my email as it was email and password I gave him U understand now.
Just activate 2 factor authentication on your main email and he wont even be able to login even when you give him your email and password. I use it on my email and even after entering password a code must be sent to my phonenumber before a login is allowed.
You can also encrypt the passwords stored in the email in such a way that it demands a password to be accessed.
Same thing with facebook all you you need is to activate 2 factor authentication, any sign in attempt must be completed via a 6 digit code sent your phone number and you can also make it phone number and email authentication.
All this can be found on the security section of your email settings.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Blessing185(f): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Just activate 2 factor authentication on your main email and he wont even be able to login even when you give him your email and password. I use it on my email and even after entering password a code must be sent to my phonenumber before a login is allowed.
You can also encrypt the passwords stored in the email in such a way that it demands a password to be accessed.
Same thing with facebook all you you need is to activate 2 factor authentication, any sign in attempt must be completed via a 6 digit code sent your phone number and you can also make it phone number and email authentication.
All this can be found on the security section of your email settings.
Thats true but not everyone is techy enough to know this.
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by dododawa1: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
IST EFCC
2nd BUHARI and
3rd GOD GRACE.
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by adedoja326: 4:08am On Oct 23, 2021
sad
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Chisave: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2021
Kinsmenn:

I'll ask him if he has done that. It was transferred to a sportybet acct.

Good morning bro, sorry for the experience. What must have happened is that someone got to know about his sportybet account Login and his card is already saved on their site. They will just credit the wallet and later transfer to their account.
Or probably he has used his card to recharge someone's sportybet account

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Kinsmenn(m): 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
Chisave:

Good morning bro, sorry for the experience. What must have happened is that someone got to know about his sportybet account Login and his card is already saved on their site. They will just credit the wallet and later transfer to their account.
Or probably he has used his card to recharge someone's sportybet account

He doesn't even have a betting account sef
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Abdelux223: 6:54am On Oct 24, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool SO SORRY MAN. SAME REASON I DNT USE BANK. SAME REASON I DNT HVE ATM CARD. SAME REASON I HIGH ON MY KUSH 24sc.. WTF MAN

Who is this!! Omo grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by stacyadams: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Abdelux223:

Who is this!! Omo grin
grin grin he is the holy gram lord,king of WTF...

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by tnerro1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
Write a letter, copy the bank ,copy the governor of central bank and copy the director of banking services , copy EFCC then relax and watch
Re: Please Help: How Do I Retrieve Stolen Money From My Uba Account. by Osilama1: 5:29am On Jan 25, 2022
tnerro1:
Write a letter, copy the bank ,copy the governor of central bank and copy the director of banking services , copy EFCC then relax and watch
how can I do this please

(1) (Reply)

50 Children Discovered In Ondo Church’s Underground Cell / Elderly Woman Amazes Youths As She 'rolls Up' One At A Party In Ikorodu (vid) / Huspuppi In Good Spirit After Bagging 11 Years Imprisonment In The US (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.