Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos (11830 Views)

DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse / Twitter Cracks Down On Nigerians Using Bloodied Flag To Mark EndSARS Anniversary / Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by treesun: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2021
Thirty-four suspects arrested by security agents during a clampdown on protesters marking the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest at the Lekki Toll Gate on Wednesday have been arraigned in court.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, in a statement on Thursday, said the suspects, some of whom were arrested with different weapons, were arraigned in Magistrate’s Court 5, in the Oshodi area of the state.

He stated that the memorial protest was peaceful without threat to the security of lives and property until some hoodlums infiltrated the protesters.

He noted that one Shina Edun, of Man O’ War personnel attached to the Lekki Concession Company, was stabbed in the stomach by the hoodlums, adding that the victim was rushed to the hospital for treatment.

Ajisebutu said, “Following the criminal act by the hoodlums, the police responded swiftly and dispersed them with minimum force. Consequently, 34 hoodlums were arrested. Two cutlasses, one hammer, a jackknife and assorted criminal charms were recovered from them.

“The arrested suspects have been arraigned in Magistrate Court 5, Oshodi on the same day before Magistrate Israel Adelakun for the offence of conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace.

“One of them was discharged and acquitted, while one other named Chukwu Chika, 24, who was arrested with a sharp cutlass and assorted charms confessed that he deliberately came to cause violence and mayhem.

“The court ordered the police to carry out a thorough investigation on his case and charge him to court appropriately.”

Ajisebutu said the state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, apologized to any media person whose right was inadvertently infringed upon while the security personnel were preventing a breakdown of law and order.

“The CP assures members of the public that, in line with the policy of the Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Usman, of making the police accountable to members of the public, uphold the tenets and principles of fundamental human rights, and professional in carrying out their statutory duties, training and retraining of the officers and men shall continue to be intensified,” the statement read in part.

https://punchng.com/endsars-anniversary-police-arraign-34-suspects-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Buckeyemedia1: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2021
treesun:
Thirty-four suspects arrested by security agents during a clampdown on protesters marking the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest at the Lekki Toll Gate on Wednesday have been arraigned in court.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, in a statement on Thursday, said the suspects, some of whom were arrested with different weapons, were arraigned in Magistrate’s Court 5, in the Oshodi area of the state.

He stated that the memorial protest was peaceful without threat to the security of lives and property until some hoodlums infiltrated the protesters.

He noted that one Shina Edun, of Man O’ War personnel attached to the Lekki Concession Company, was stabbed in the stomach by the hoodlums, adding that the victim was rushed to the hospital for treatment.

Ajisebutu said, “Following the criminal act by the hoodlums, the police responded swiftly and dispersed them with minimum force. Consequently, 34 hoodlums were arrested. Two cutlasses, one hammer, a jackknife and assorted criminal charms were recovered from them.

“The arrested suspects have been arraigned in Magistrate Court 5, Oshodi on the same day before Magistrate Israel Adelakun for the offence of conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace.

“One of them was discharged and acquitted, while one other named Chukwu Chika, 24, who was arrested with a sharp cutlass and assorted charms confessed that he deliberately came to cause violence and mayhem.

“The court ordered the police to carry out a thorough investigation on his case and charge him to court appropriately.”

Ajisebutu said the state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, apologized to any media person whose right was inadvertently infringed upon while the security personnel were preventing a breakdown of law and order.

“The CP assures members of the public that, in line with the policy of the Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Usman, of making the police accountable to members of the public, uphold the tenets and principles of fundamental human rights, and professional in carrying out their statutory duties, training and retraining of the officers and men shall continue to be intensified,” the statement read in part.

https://punchng.com/endsars-anniversary-police-arraign-34-suspects-in-lagos/
Good.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Jostoman: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2021
There's no institution in Nigeria now that doesn't have a representative of lying Muhammed. Nobody came to that place with anything or is Nigeria Flag now a weapon?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by treesun: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2021
But Mr. Jide Sanwoolu said on Nigeria info 99.3 fm that they have be released. How do we go from here.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Aufbauh(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2021
ENDING THE SPECTACLE OF LEKKI MASSACRE.

I am a parent to 4 children and I love them to death, that the mere thought of anything bad happening to them will almost kill me. So I understand the love of children. Nothing in this life will hold me back from coming forward if my son or daughter was killed. Is it the fear of death? I am ready to die for my children.

Yesterday, I called my daughter and when I couldn’t reach her, which is unlike her, all hell was let loose in my head. My imagination ran wide. Could something had happened to her? What could have happened? I started calling her friends and peppering them with questions: when last did you speak to her or heard from her? I was a wreck emotionally until she called me to say” Daddy I turned-off my phone to have some rest, I’m sorry”. That is me, and i not alone in feeling this way. Almost every parent will feel and act the same way.

I just can’t imagine that we have parents out there whose children were killed in Lekki by soldiers and they won’t come forward because of fear? Fear of what? Death? Common! If your child was killed in Lekki and you are not coming forward, you are doing your child and country the greatest disservice and dishonor. Go to the Panel set-up by the government with your claim. Come forward to us, we will help you. Your child does not deserve to die incognito. Please come forward now. I’m begging you with everything.

For those of you who don’t have children and have not experienced the love between children and parents, you may not know the gravity of the issue. You are just using your celebrity status to traffic suspicion. I plead with you to help the rest of us by coming forward with the evidence of the massacre that happened in Lekki. Evidence of one or two killings will be enough. Do you think that some people asking for evidence are soulless people, they are human beings with feelings like you. This isssue is beyond politics. It is about our collective humanity.

You are calling for justice for those killed by calling on the government to arrest and prosecute the soldiers who “ killed” the people, but you are not forthcoming with any evidence. You have no names, bodies, and families of the dead. All you have is a claim of suspicion. Suspicion no matter how strong and pervasive is no evidence. No court of law will convict a person for murder without evidence that will prove the crime beyond reasonable doubt.

On the night of the allege massacre, Channels TV, Olu Philips, was on ground at Lekki reporting live. Can you guys approach Channels TV and obtain their video and prove to us that there was a massacre? It is not enough to cite google as evidence. I’m appealing to Falz, Mr Macaroni, Don Jazzy, PSquare, and all the leaders of the protest, to put up evidence backing their claim of a massacre or shut it down. They owe us a duty to disclose and substantiate. The country will forever be grateful to you guys if can come forward with the evidence. We are waiting.

To the families of policemen killed during the protest, are prayers are with you.

Kurtis Adigba.

15 Likes

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by MRDEE01: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2021
Didn't I read somewhere that they should all be released?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by amc: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2021
MRDEE01:

Protesters not hoodlums.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by treesun: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2021
MRDEE01:

I heard Sanwoolu on Nigeria info that 33 of them been released, except the one caught with charms to ascertain his intention.
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by FactBoyz: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2021
grin
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by proxitaly: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2021
What is the main purpose of the endsars anniversary protest? Yeah SARS was ended (on paper of course) but has police brutality reduced? Has governance improved? We are still running around chasing shadows.
What are the plans the youths are making to change the narrative come 2023?
Oh! I forgot, Western youths are preparing that Opolo eye greatgrandpa-with-age-reduced-to-grandpa from Lagos. The Northern youths are preparing for Atiku of course while the Eastern youths want Biafra (the only resolute group by the way)
2023 will come and leave us worse off.
Seems the only viable solution is to jappa from this country.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Cheapgadget(f): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2021
Nigeria is not worth dying for, any youth still living in Nigeria is just wasting his or her time in life

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Mossadd: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2021
I thought sawolu ordered their unconditional release

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by YorubaKinging: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2021
The end is near

Islam will dealt a worldwide huge blow

Countries like Bangladesh who are core Muslims are going to revert to thier secular constitution.

Islam is a deadly religion full of fanatics

Even the liberal ones amongst them get triggered when you abuse thier Mohammed

Very soon Europe will lead an incursion to Islamic countries and will take over many countries not a few

Egypt will not be left and Nigeria will not be saved .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by RodgersAkpafu: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2021
Aufbauh:

I am a parent to 4 children and I love them to death, that the mere thought of anything bad happening to them will almost kill me. So I understand the love of children. Nothing in this life will hold me back from coming forward if my son or daughter was killed. Is it the fear of death? I am ready to die for my children.

Yesterday, I called my daughter and when I couldn’t reach her, which is unlike her, all hell was let loose in my head. My imagination ran wide. Could something had happened to her? What could have happened? I started calling her friends and peppering them with questions: when last did you speak to her or heard from her? I was a wreck emotionally until she called me to say” Daddy I turned-off my phone to have some rest, I’m sorry”. That is me, and i not alone in feeling this way. Almost every parent will feel and act the same way.

I just can’t imagine that we have parents out there whose children were killed in Lekki by soldiers and they won’t come forward because of fear? Fear of what? Death? Common! If your child was killed in Lekki and you are not coming forward, you are doing your child and country the greatest disservice and dishonor. Go to the Panel set-up by the government with your claim. Come forward to us, we will help you. Your child does not deserve to die incognito. Please come forward now. I’m begging you with everything.

For those of you who don’t have children and have not experienced the love between children and parents, you may not know the gravity of the issue. You are just using your celebrity status to traffic suspicion. I plead with you to help the rest of us by coming forward with the evidence of the massacre that happened in Lekki. Evidence of one or two killings will be enough. Do you think that some people asking for evidence are soulless people, they are human beings with feelings like you. This isssue is beyond politics. It is about our collective humanity.

You are calling for justice for those killed by calling on the government to arrest and prosecute the soldiers who “ killed” the people, but you are not forthcoming with any evidence. You have no names, bodies, and families of the dead. All you have is a claim of suspicion. Suspicion no matter how strong and pervasive is no evidence. No court of law will convict a person for murder without evidence that will prove the crime beyond reasonable doubt.

On the night of the allege massacre, Channels TV, Olu Philips, was on ground at Lekki reporting live. Can you guys approach Channels TV and obtain their video and prove to us that there was a massacre? It is not enough to cite google as evidence. I’m appealing to Falz, Mr Macaroni, Don Jazzy, PSquare, and all the leaders of the protest, to put up evidence backing their claim of a massacre or shut it down. They owe us a duty to disclose and substantiate. The country will forever be grateful to you guys if can come forward with the evidence. We are waiting.

To the families of policemen killed during the protest, are prayers are with you
Kurtis Adigba.
The bolded reveals the motive for this long write up

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by BruncleZuma: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2021
Ibadan people it is not SHO SHO media*

It is Social media
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by seyicodes(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2021
Tinubu 4 president

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2021
C dem na for unarmed citizens dem de get power on. If na herdsmen fulani bandits or bokoboys dem go japa. Useless zoo police
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Eagle360(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2021
Police Brutality in Nigeria is crazy, police are paid to protect the citizens but they Rob, kill, maim citizens. Satan will learn from Nigeria Police.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2021
Na wa o shocked
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Theunbothered: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2021
Aufbauh:

To the families of policemen killed during the protest, are prayers are with you.

Kurtis Adigba.

This narrative is dead on arrival

This is Nathaniel Solomon from Adamawa State. His brother, Abouta Solomon and three others were killed at the Lekki tollgate by the Nigerian Army.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlqMsACJK5M

Nathaniel Solomon also attended the Lagos Panel https://nporeports.com/index.php/endsars-lagos-judicial-panel-releases-schedule-6501

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Terrier99: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2021
treesun:
But Mr. Jide Sanwoolu said on Nigeria info 99.3 fm said they have be released. How do we go from here.

The CP doesn't listen to the Governor
The Policemen don't listen to the CP

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2021
Are u sure we are in democrazy

How can you arrest people for protesting and parade them too?

No useless Buhari asslicker should quote me here. The end sars protest turned bloody and violent only when they sponsor some boys both uniform and uniform to attack protesters last year. Before then it was peaceful

What I know is that God in heaven will ensure this people don't go Scot free. They will pay for their atrocities
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by AntiBMC(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2021
I thought they said that these protesters have been released? Tueh! This country is a huge cvrse.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by Sharon6(f): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2021
Again?
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by umpire1st(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2021
Please summarize this your thesis abeg ..see note
Aufbauh:

Kurtis Adigba.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by ejimatic: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2021
Aufbauh:

A woman reported on Nairaland this week that her son died during the Leki massacare.Have you heard from her? Did you read it too? What I dont understand is the silence of the victims
Kurtis Adigba.
Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by ejimatic: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2021
Aufbauh:

Kurtis Adigba.
A woman reported on Nairaland this week that her son died during the Leki massacare.Have you heard from her? Did you read it too? What I dont understand is the silence of the victims

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS Anniversary: Police Arraign 34 Suspects In Lagos by seyz91(m): 9:41am On Oct 22, 2021
so make all youth comot naija?
which country won accomodate naija youths?

you dey talk as if leaving naija sef is that easy undecided

if you so opportuned or priviledged to leave, enjoy your luck in peace and stop spitting thrash herr

grace is not all thesame

undecided
Cheapgadget:
Nigeria is not worth dying for, any youth still living in Nigeria is just wasting his or her time in life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Visits Nza Street Accident Scene, Survivors In Hospital / National Theatre Undergoing Rehabilitation Works - Jubril Gawat / Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.