Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona (9510 Views)

Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey / Ansu Fati Becomes Youngest Goalscorer In UCL History At 17 Years / Ansu Fati Gets Spanish Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Insidenaija: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2021
Barcelona teenager, Ansu Fati has insisted that wearing the No. 10 jersey after Lionel Messi does not bring additional pressure, Newspremises reports.

Fati made the disclosure while speaking at a press conference after signing a new deal until 2027 with his release clause rising to €1billion.

“It’s true that the No. 10 jersey has been worn by Leo [Messi] and many players but I’m calm.

“I know what I can bring to this team.

“For me it’s not a pressure. No one is going to be like Leo, no one is going to be like [former captains Carles] Puyol or Xavi [Hernandez]. No one is going to equal what Leo has done. I’m going to follow my own journey. I still haven’t done anything. I hope I can have a career like they have had.

“Any player could have worn the No. 10. I’m grateful that the captains offered me the number and luckily, I got it. It’s an extra motivation for me. I don’t look at the number but focus on what I can do on the pitch to help the team,” the 18-year-old said.

Messi joined Paris Saint-Germain this summer after Barca were unable to register his contract due to financial restraints.
Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/ansu-fati-speaks-on-pressure-of-taking-messis-no-10-shirt-at-barcelona/

1 Like

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by WibusJaga: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2021

“No one is going to be like Leo. No one is going to equal what Leo has done."
He don talk am finish.
No one can fittingly step into Messi shoes @Barca at least for now & for several years to come.

26 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
Go Boy!
YES YOU CAN do it!!
Just believe in yourself!!

Addendum :
On a second thought, you can only do your best and leave the rest for Matthias,
That is a very BIG shoe left to fill.
Taking the Jersey of the best player in the history of soccer? ⚽️

That is not a small thing mehn!
No be seresere!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Falseprofet2: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin
I see a good player in Fati
But there is only one messi and ronaldo

First correct answer
1k recharge card

Show workings pls

Edit- we have a winner: celenas.
theigboman, right answer but your working is like voodoo mathematics

Pls celenas indicate your mob no to get the top up cool

3 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by emmydykes(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
Fati my brother, it won't be easy stepping into Messi's big shoes but always remember that you cannot come and kill yourself. Do your very best and leave the rest to your team mates.

I don talk finish.

4 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by chukwuibuipob: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
sad Wear the empty jersey jare
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by gambia(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
Run away from that number for you own good.

1 Like

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Mpaxed: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
WibusJaga:

You don talk am finish.
No one can fittingly step into Messi shoes @Barca at least for now & for several years to come.
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by NoFucksToGive: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
Usual Hyperlobia from Midget fans, he went to the farmers league to stat pad and when offered penalty to finish the work he pretended to be benevolent

smh faker. Why didn't he stay and paly for free for one season so the club can recover fianacially? he abandoned him when they needed him most. Jamie Vardy stayed with Leicester when they where broke till Asians bought it and started paying him his worth thats loyalty the midget cant understand. CR7 turned down a double wage from Mancity to play for man UTD thats loyalty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
I pray he gets to deliver for the club

1 Like

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Oris4show(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
You sabi
Just play ur own and make ur impact felt
Leave or forget abt messi completely, dat one no b human being

2 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by AFULA(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
Not my problem
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by AMAUCHESKY(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
My wife always dream of it
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Timoleon(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
As a Barca hater I’m always looking opportunist to discredit Barca players. But Ansu Fati does break my heart often. Kid is really really good with limitless potential. Humble too. Much respect what he has achieved thus far and he’s got the world at his feet. As a human to another, I pray he’s able to escape serious injuries throughout his career and he’ll most likely achieve greatness.

6 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by iamauxin(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
I don't even understand his main point
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by peppermint7(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
Number na Heavy number
Na only strong men de wear am

Salute to all the players that have worn the most valuable shirt No in football

6 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Olarewaju89: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin

Better player

Fati VS vinicious

El-classico on Sunday

1 Like

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by thatigboman1: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
gambia:
Run away from that number for you own good.
why? Is it not just a number?
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by MrOON: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
Well, as you've accepted, just get ready for unending comparison, because your best will not be good enough.

2 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by ThierryJay: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Ansu is trying like a young Rooney at Manchester united. The boy has got heart. But it's still very far from what Messi had shown he could do at this age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Falseprofet2:
grin

First correct answer
1k recharge card

Show workings pls

Since it's the same tank.... It'll take 6 hours to fill the pool
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Adjovi: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Na Una just wan dey put unnecessary pressure on the boy. He's no Messi. There can never be another Messi nor Ronaldo. Let him be himself.

1 Like

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by floss(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
What's so special about a jersey number, fati understood that you don't need to copy anyone inorder to make a name for yourself, just take your mind off the jersey number and resume being the best you've always been.

Retiring a jersey number should be an insult to future generation footballers, how can you say after this person's era, there won't be younger talents greater than the current... just like MESSI and RONALDO, like they always say "This is football, anything can happen", if you had watched the likes of Pele, Maradona, Figo, Van Basten, play you might find it hard believing any future footballer could break their individual records and goal tallies but today Messi and Ronaldo did that, so football doesn't end in an era, rather it evolves following modern changes and time.
Possibly in the future, most of these records that took Messi and Ronaldo a decade to set will take future generations 2 seasons to break, making everyone forget how much effort and time it took the present footballers to set those records.
If Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo Delima, Batistuta, etc were all replaced,no one is irreplaceable, let's forget all these chest beating among Messi and Ronaldo fans. Football is bigger than what we all think, just like a barrack "Soldier go, Soldier come, barrack still remain".

4 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by urchcoded(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
Play ur ball kid.
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by thatigboman1: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
Falseprofet2:
grin

First correct answer
1k recharge card

Show workings pls
1 hr. 2 - (2/3 + 2/6) = 2-1 = 1 hr.
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Olarewaju89: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
Falseprofet2:
grin

First correct answer
1k recharge card

Show workings pls

grin

It will take 600yrs

2 Likes

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by walyx(m): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
Falseprofet2:
grin

First correct answer
1k recharge card

Show workings pls

Lcm of 2hours 3 hours 6hours
6 hours
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by emmykk(m): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Usual Hyperlobia from Midget fans, he went to the farmers league to stat pad and when offered penalty to finish the work he pretended to be benevolent

smh faker. Why didn't he stay and paly for free for one season so the club can recover fianacially? he abandoned him when they needed him most. Jamie Vardy stayed with Leicester when they where broke till Asians bought it and started paying him his worth thats loyalty the midget cant understand. CR7 turned down a double wage from Mancity to play for man UTD thats loyalty

I sincerely envy the dry vegetables that you are smoking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by NoFucksToGive: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
[s]
emmykk:

I sincerely envy the dry vegetables that you are smoking
[/s]
Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by Timoleon(m): 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
The point is that he’s not feeling the pressure because he has zeroed his mind on being like Messi. However he believes in following his own path and doing his best for his team. Messi like the other people he mentioned have secured their seats at the table of legends for Barca and for world football. He’s not trying to unseat anyone. He hopes to play long enough and well enough to be recognized like his predecessors.
iamauxin:
I don't even understand his main point

1 Like

Re: Ansu Fati Speaks On ‘Pressure’ Of Taking Messi’s No 10 Shirt At Barcelona by celenas(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
Falseprofet2:
grin

First correct answer
1k recharge card

Show workings pls

Every hour the taps fill 1/2 + 1/3 + 1/6 = 6/6 of the pool. It will take 1 hour to fill the pool.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

100% Instant Winning Bet Whatsapp Group Is A Scam(pic) / International Judo Federation Suspends Putin As Honorary President/ Ambassador / CHAN 2023: Yusuf Invites 33 Players For Home Base Super Eagles Vs Ghana Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.