Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes (20703 Views)

#EndSARS: Autopsy Conducted On 99 Bodies, 3 From Lekki Toll Gate – Pathologist / #EndSARS: Bullet Extracted From Head Of Police Victim – Pathologist / Burial Photos Of Precious Owolabi Channels TV Corper Killed During Shiite Protes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Thefxchanger: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
johnmartus:
And what's their names at least they supposed to have name and family.

You’re an idiot … dem carry name tags for neck when they were going to the lekki toll gate to protest na…

Do you know how many people are still looking for friends and family members till date ? Most of which are either killed by police and soldiers or detained unlawfully till date …

I’m not surprised the zombieism in your lineage persists
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2021
Joromi1:
Fulani herdsmen, bandits and their malnourished keyboard warriors will soon come here to call Dr Obafunwa a liar or a paid PDP apologist. The fate of Lekki tollgate victims will befall all 'darling daddy' chanters and supporters of evil.
Useless terrorists.

Yes we are Fulani with intellect to understand the report. The report said only 3 people were brought from Lekki tollgate while others from different part of Lagos. How can u call the death of 3 people massacre?
You are living in delusion and trying to believe what never exist!
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Selfmotivated: 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nigeria is sitting on the keg of gunpowder. Time will tell...
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Uniique(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
ivolt:

Mr. pathologist, why did you omit the the cause of their death?
Is it because it has nothing to do with shooting or bullets?
A professional should never hide the most important information.

The shameless liar DJ witch claimed 70 people were gunned down without providing any evidence.
The next day after the "massacre", all the blood from the victims' miraculously disappeared without a trace.

The Endsars liars love sensationalism.
They cannot be reason with as their leaders are making money from perpetuating the Lekki myths.

I expect them to accuse the pathologist of bias because they place more trust in photoshopped Nigerian flags
than real investigation.
It rained heavily the next morning
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Uniique(m): 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
The next day after the "massacre", all the blood from the victims' miraculously disappeared without a trace.

[/quote]
It rained heavily the next morning
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by ednut1(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=mabea post=106967374][/quote]mr man learn to read the 99 deaths relates to the whole lagos not lekki. Haba
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by juman(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gerarduq:

Shame on you! Horrible demons in the same country with me. Shame on you and all who support the evil and madness pepetuated in this country! Shame follow you and your generations forever. Visit one sane country and change your madness!

Mention three of the names of the victims.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Ayomi90: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2021
johnmartus:
And what's their names at least they supposed to have name and family.
Go and ask Sanwo Olu for the names of the 2 people he claimed died. Be asking for name like a f00l, u want to eat the names?
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by chrizzyace: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
frankson1:
smiley

But the report states[b] 3 persons[/b] at the lekki toll gate and the rest bodies where brought in from other parts of Lagos.

Yes but some people were sounding as if no single life was lost...
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by naikeboy(m): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
But lie muhamed says is a propaganda by run away dj and armnesty international that security operatives didn't kill any body.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
tamdun:

U need to watch the video of the police man killed at orile police station
yet no one talks about it but na lekki massacre wwy no happen we go carry for head
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Damzy101(m): 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
ivolt:

Mr. pathologist, why did you omit the the cause of their death?
Is it because it has nothing to do with shooting or bullets?
A professional should never hide the most important information.

The shameless liar DJ witch claimed 70 people were gunned down without providing any evidence.

The Endsars liars love sensationalism.
They cannot be reason with as their leaders are making money from perpetuating the Lekki myths.

I expect them to accuse the pathologist of bias because they place more trust in photoshopped Nigerian flags
than real investigation.

Abeg shut up!
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Freethinker87: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
It's all we've always asked for, that the state takes responsibility for the ungodly crime against the people, apologize, empathize with the family of the victims and make restitutions. Then we can all come together and rebuild what's left of the destruction that preceded the massacre.

Thank you Governor Sanwo-Olu for coming forward with the truth against all odds, you are very brave.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Litmus: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
According to him, the 99 bodies, which include three killed at the Lekki Toll Gate during the shooting on October 20, 2020 by soldiers, were deposited at the morgue between October 19 and October 24, 2020.

We may be getting somewhere - okay, so, 3 killed at Lekki toll gate but by whom? The other 96 bodies, are they bodies of Demonstrators or general Lagos victims, e.g police officers and others, following breakdown in law and order as the Demonstrations degenerated into looting and killings?
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by afube: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
DOTian:
I have always said it here that those of you who for all sorts of dirty percuniary interests, lied against the dead and continued to argue that nobody was killed in the ENDSARS protests by Nigerias overzealous security men, will rot in the hottest part of hell.. It was the Tinubu Internet Urchins (TIU) that were at the vanguard of that misinformation. Your sins are unforgivable. You lied against the dead! You will all die in worse ways..

All the Satanists running affairs in the zoo had to do was dump the bodies of the lekki toll gate killings at various morgues all over Lagos state and unleash the Lagos-based compromised mainstream media spin-doctors to misinform the people.....A virulent independent medium like Radio Biafra is needed in that Lagos area..........government has completely messed up their sense of perception completely.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Anna77: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2021
I hope Mr Sanwo Olu is reading this too because he said nobody was killed. I can't imagine No. 1 citizen in Lagos to address the public with such lie.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by frankson1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
chrizzyace:

Yes but some people were sounding as if no single life was lost...

It's still bad even if it was only one person that was shot dead.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by jojothaiv(m): 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nairaland pathologists and pathological lying patriots will soon be around to debunk the result.

Just hang around, by their comments you'll know them...
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by ridbell01(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
One oloriburu one said no shooting at lekki, I don’t know when the NA army started using teargas
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by mabea: 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
ednut1:
mr man learn to read the 99 deaths relates to the whole lagos not lekki. Haba
It seems you're confused about the whole thing. We're you not the same people who claimed there was no massacre? Did people claim that there was a massacre in the whole Lagos State or at Lekki tollgate. By the way, I guess killing 99 persons is not massacre in your own eyes.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Social media lies have made every news so difficult to believe in this country...
But if this is true, I pray God punish everyone involved in the act and disgrace them. And if it's a lie too, I may God punish and exposed everyone who's involved and those that carry the rumours too, Amen
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by ednut1(m): 12:04am On Oct 23, 2021
mabea:
It seems you're confused about the whole thing. We're you not the same people who claimed there was no massacre? Did people claim that there was a massacre in the whole Lagos State or at Lekki tollgate. By the way, I guess killing 99 persons is not massacre in your own eyes.
not a massacre as it happened in different places by different people. Hoodlums and police killed each other and other people
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Kalubolt(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2021
Ade3131:

I pity those innocent children that will bring homework to you to help them solve it. So dead body dey get name abi?

Like taking rollcall in the morning....and the morgue attendant will just call Chikwudi Adesina! And the dead will rise and shout present Sir!

What are you guys saying sef. See, I am not in for all the Lekki holabalo. But why will you ask if dead bodies has names? So they were nameless before they died. All the obituary of people that are to be buried, don't you see names there. Ok let's agree dead bodies can't wake up and mention his or her names. Did he or she fall from heaven? Don't they have families that will identify and name them. Make una dey think before una comment nah
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Kalubolt(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2021
descartes400:

It is a sad situation!
What makes it a sad situation, don't just follow bandwagon without your own thoughts. So all of a sudden dead bodies don't have names. So they were nameless before they died. Ok agreed deadbodies can't wake up and say their names. Don't they have family members or do they fall from the sky. Now this is my answer to you and the person you quote. As for the Lekki issue, I don't want to be drawn into it cus only God knows who's telling the truth or lies
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Kalubolt(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2021
reddingtonblack:

Ofcus they have a name buh how do there family come forward when they possibly have a clue whether they are missing or dead and i guess you were born yesterday to feel nigeria is like US or any of this advanced countries where a biometrics can be pulled up by fingerprints/blood samples of the deceased.
Make una dey calm down, the pathologist specifically said 3 out of the 99 were from the Lekki shooting. That means he has identify them already, they ought to be named or the family that knows they have missing somebody should have come out to identify them. My opinion sha
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Ade3131: 8:48am On Oct 23, 2021
Kalubolt:

What are you guys saying sef. See, I am not in for all the Lekki holabalo. But why will you ask if dead bodies has names? So they were nameless before they died. All the obituary of people that are to be buried, don't you see names there. Ok let's agree dead bodies can't wake up and mention his or her names. Did he or she fall from heaven? Don't they have families that will identify and name them. Make una dey think before una comment nah

You tried....but you can do better.

Those obituaries you see with names are for those who have families to identify them. Or have you ever seen pictures of unidentified person before?

Do you know why interstate commercial buses ask their passengers to fill manuscript before embarking on a journey and why the Federal Road Safety corps would stop those interstate buses to ask to see manuscript of the travelers? ....they do so to prevent a situation like the Lekki toll gate accident whereby in the case of an emergency, they'll have names of the victims and their next of kin to call. But you'll agree with me that the protesters did not have a manuscript or database where their names and addresses or next of kin details were taken down.

So in the event of accidental death or deliberate kill/massacre as the case may be like the one we saw at the Lekki toll plaza, anybody that died died as an unidentified body.....so what happens to their body? You might wanna ask.

Well, unclaimed and unidentified bodies are usually taken to Teaching Hospitals of Universities for medical students to use for practicals. They call these victims all sorts of name. At times, they tag them as armed robbers killed in operation by the police (of which most times are false) or they call them unidentified road accident victims....ask any medical doctor or students you know. They'll explain further and probably tell you about their first hand experience.

Na bcuz say you reply me without insult make me explain ooo. Normally I don't do this.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Kalubolt(m): 9:26am On Oct 23, 2021
Ade3131:

You tried....but you can do better.

Those obituaries you see with names are for those who have families to identify them. Or have you ever seen pictures of unidentified person before?

Do you know why interstate commercial buses ask their passengers to fill manuscript before embarking on a journey and why the Federal Road Safety corps would stop those interstate buses to ask to see manuscript of the travelers? ....they do so to prevent a situation like the Lekki toll gate accident whereby in the case of an emergency, they'll have names of the victims and their next of kin to call. But you'll agree with me that the protesters did not have a manuscript or database where their names and addresses or next of kin details were taken down.

So in the event of accidental death or deliberate kill/massacre as the case may be like the one we saw at the Lekki toll plaza, anybody that died died as an unidentified body.....so what happens to their body? You might wanna ask.

Well, unclaimed and unidentified bodies are usually taken to Teaching Hospitals of Universities for medical students to use for practicals. They call these victims all sorts of name. At times, they tag them as armed robbers killed in operation by the police (of which most times are false) or they call them unidentified road accident victims....ask any medical doctor or students you know. They'll explain further and probably tell you about their first hand experience.

Na bcuz say you reply me without insult make me explain ooo. Normally I don't do this.
Lolz, I don't do insult online except you push me to. Well explanation from you and I grab it. Only thing I can say here is, if the 3 that were mentioned were mentioned within days of that shooting and the families fail to go and identify them then it's their fault and people will continue saying the Lekki killing is a hoax. But like I noticed, it seems the report just came out this year which means your take on medical students using them for practice is valid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by descartes400: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2021
Kalubolt:

What makes it a sad situation, don't just follow bandwagon without your own thoughts. So all of a sudden dead bodies don't have names. So they were nameless before they died. Ok agreed deadbodies can't wake up and say their names. Don't they have family members or do they fall from the sky. Now this is my answer to you and the person you quote. As for the Lekki issue, I don't want to be drawn into it cus only God knows who's telling the truth or lies

What's your problem with my comment?

People were making off base comments by just reading or glancing at the headline instead of reading the news article itself in order to make an informed or reasonable comments...the person whom I quoted noticed this , and was rightly dismayed and made reference to how bad our educational system now is..an opinion which I agreed with!

But here you are, accosting me for what exactly? that I share same view as some else?

Check yourself man!

N.B
It's a sad situation that people read just headlines without reading the full article in order to make an informed thought.

It's a sad situation that our educational system regressing.
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Kalubolt(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2021
descartes400:

What's your problem with my comment?

People were making off base comments by just reading or glancing at the headline instead of reading the news article itself in order to make an informed or reasonable comments...the person whom I quoted noticed this , and was rightly dismayed and made reference to how bad our educational system now is..an opinion which I agreed with!

But here you are, accosting me for what exactly? that I share same view as some else?

Check yourself man!

N.B
It's a sad situation that people read just headlines without reading the full article in order to make an informed thought.

It's a sad situation that our educational system regressing.

Nah, then you didn't get his full gist before quoting him. He's making jest of the education of the person who said why are there no names or family members
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by amc: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2021
Philipponzaghi:
This is the summary:

Three killed at Lekki Toll gate while the rest are all across Lagos.

Nigerian police don kolomental and the Endsars protest was like a Pyrrhic victory especially for the families that lost loved ones. Nice that Lagos is coming up with reports and compensation to the victims. I just hope other states can compensate their own victims too.

Th pathologist did not say 3 were killed at Lekki Toll gate. He said 3 were brought in from Lekki. Lekki is more than Lekki Tool gate. That was Premium Times adding their own jara.

https://www.thecable.ng/icymi-three-out-of-99-bodies-examined-after-endsars-protests-were-from-lekki-says-pathologist/amp

3 out of 99 bodies examined after #EndSARS protests were from Lekki, says pathologist

Haleem Olatunji
JUNE 6, 2021 7:11 PM

John Obafunwa, consultant pathologist to the Lagos state government, says out of a total of 99 bodies examined for autopsy after the #EndSARS protests, three were from Lekki.

In October 2020, Nigerians across the country took to the streets to demonstrate against police brutality under the #EndSARS campaign.

However, on October 20, soldiers invaded the Lekki tollgate, where some demonstrators had gathered, and fired shots.

There has been a controversy around the casualty figures since the incident occurred.

Speaking at the hearing of the judicial panel established to investigate the invasion by soldiers against protesters, Obafunwa said 99 bodies were received for autopsy between October 20 and 24.

He said out of the 99 bodies received, three were brought in from Lekki.

Obafunwa said the remaining bodies were received from other parts of the state including Surulere, Ikorodu, Ajah, Fagba, among others.

“They instructed us to conduct autopsies on bodies that came in between the 20th to 21st and up to about the 24th and we did the autopsies on the bodies, not just Lekki but cases from Ajah, Surulere, Ikorodu, Fagba, Ikoyi prisons and all those things amounting to a total of 99. But I am only here with the three for Lekki,” he said.

On the precise date and time when the bodies were received, the pathologist said he would have to confirm from his records.

“I wouldn’t know how many bodies came on the 21st. I would have to go and check them. But I can tell you that it was between the 20th and 24th that we had to do all the cases,” he said.

Afterwards, Obafunwa explained the findings of the autopsy for each body.

According to him, the first person was brought in from Lekki bridge, and was discovered to have suffered laceration on a side of his skull, but died as a result of bleeding on his “chest cavity and “blunt force trauma to the chest”.

Obafunwa explained that the second male was declared dead in the early hours of October 21, after suffering an open skull fracture, but the pathologist added that there was no sign of gunshot injury.

He said the second body showed signs of having suffered hypertension, as well as rib fracture, but noted that the cause of death was “skull and brain injury which was due to blunt force trauma”.

For the third body, the pathologist said examination revealed that the person died of severe blood loss as a result of complications suffered, following a gunshot injury.

After giving his testimony, Obafunwa was asked to appear again before the panel on June 19 with reports on the 96 remaining bodies.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by amc: 10:29am On Oct 23, 2021
Premium Times is part of the problem. Intentionally giving vague quotes and statements.

Afterwards, Obafunwa explained the findings of the autopsy for each body.

According to him, the first person was brought in from Lekki bridge, and was discovered to have suffered laceration on a side of his skull, but died as a result of bleeding on his “chest cavity and “blunt force trauma to the chest”.

Obafunwa explained that the second male was declared dead in the early hours of October 21, after suffering an open skull fracture, but the pathologist added that there was no sign of gunshot injury.

He said the second body showed signs of having suffered hypertension, as well as rib fracture, but noted that the cause of death was “skull and brain injury which was due to blunt force trauma”.

For the third body, the pathologist said examination revealed that the person died of severe blood loss as a result of complications suffered, following a gunshot injury.

After giving his testimony, Obafunwa was asked to appear again before the panel on June 19 with reports on the 96 remaining bodies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Mourns 120 Nigerians Killed By Bandits In Sokoto Market / Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference / Buhari Hosts House Of Reps Members At The Villa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.