Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. (674 Views)

Our Wife!! Our Wife!!! / I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. / Stay Away From My Wife-husband Calls Out Man Toasting His Wife On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Ingredient88(m): 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
Good day my people, pls can we share our experience when we visit our wife/husband to be hometown to see their parents, what was the feel like? how did you go about it? what and what it takes to do that? and what should we be expecting from their parents? pls let share our experience, we can just help a soul today by sharing our experience, thanks.
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by KiNg0G: 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
Na wa
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Realday: 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hey,give me bigi cola and gala
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Ingredient88(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
Realday:
Hey,give me bigi cola and gala
grin
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by InfernoNig: 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
I am here to read stories and learn from y'all experience.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Nonexisting1: 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
If you are rich, your in laws should be the ones to be worried, not you. If they are rich too, the meeting will simply be another get together to drink wine and discuss Buhari's failure, nothing much.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
I thought a pretty bi-racial girl was my future wife in secondary school.

She was the head girl and I visited her home during our penultimate long vacation.

I saw expensive cars parked in her father's mansion, their living room was State-of-the-arts standard and she had an exotic little pet dog.

She was the last child of her parents and only girl, her brothers were very friendly. They were undergraduates then.

We talked about how many kids we'd have when we get married in future during the visit grin

Life's realities don hit me O, since then I never revisit with my family grin
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by MufasaLion: 11:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nonexisting1:
If you are rich, your in laws should be the ones to be worried, not you. If they are rich too, the meeting will simply be another get together to drink wine and discuss Buhari's failure, nothing much.

No truer words.
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Ingredient88(m): 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
ethicallyright:
I thought a pretty bi-racial girl was my future wife in secondary school.

She was the head girl and I visited her home during our penultimate long vacation.

I saw expensive cars parked in her father's mansion, their living room was State-of-the-arts standard and she had an exotic little pet dog.

She was the last child of her parents and only girl, her brothers were very friendly. They were undergraduates then.

We talked about how many kids we'd have when we get married in future during the visit grin

Life's realities don hit me O, since then I never revisit with my family grin
what later happen now?...did you guy depart?
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 23, 2021
Here for the stories
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by placeofallure(f): 4:59am On Oct 23, 2021
My hubby and I are from the same place. There wasn't any formal first visit to the family. We were dating and we pay each other visits. It's been sooooo long ago that I can barely remember my first visit. But I think the following suggestions should suffice.

Nothing much to get anxious about if you have been an A1 personality before, just be yourself.

Don't do anything overly to impress anyone, you may not be able to sustain that impression later on cause that's not you. Dress well, simple and decent, be courteous, don't be a chatterbox at first visit, don't take anything, no matter how trivial it seems, for granted. Wait to be offered anything before you help yourself to it. Be a good listener, respond well to light conversations. If you can afford it, you may bring along a lil gift for the family. Treat everyone with respect, no one family member is more important than the other one. In subsequent visits, things will fall in place. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Ingredient88(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2021
placeofallure:
My hubby and I are from the same place. There wasn't any formal first visit to the family. We were dating and we pay each other visits. It's been sooooo long ago that I can barely remember my first visit. But I think the following suggestions should suffice.

Nothing much to get anxious about if you have been an A1 personality before, just be yourself.
Wow, thanks for this wonderful teaching, God will uphold your home.
Don't do anything overly to impress anyone, you may not be able to sustain that impression later on cause that's not you. Dress well, simple and decent, be courteous, don't be a chatterbox at first visit, don't take anything, no matter how trivial it seems, for granted. Wait to be offered anything before you help yourself to it. Be a good listener, respond well to light conversations. If you can afford it, you may bring along a lil gift for the family. Treat everyone with respect, no one family member is more important than the other one. In subsequent visits, things will fall in place. Good luck to you.
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by Ingredient88(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2021
placeofallure:

Wow, thanks for this wonderful teaching, God will uphold your home.
... wow thanks for this wonderful teaching, And God will continue to uphold your family.
Re: Visiting Our Wife/husband To Be Hometown In The First Time. by placeofallure(f): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ingredient88:
... wow thanks for this wonderful teaching, And God will continue to uphold your family.

A resounding Aaaaaamen, and yours too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Sense? / Nigerians In Tears After Monkeys Start Invading Their Homes To Steal Food / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.