Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

My Mum Just Got Scammed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Mum Just Got Scammed (1825 Views)

My Mum Just Got Scammed! / Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend / Please Help!! I Just Got Scammed By Snizzerkiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Just Got Scammed by gabbrri(m): 7:11am On Oct 23, 2021
I write with pain in my heart because my mum got scammed to a tune of 580k. She got a call from a fraudstar thinking it is from gtb.the rest is history and the 580k my brother sent her was all wiped off her account by a platform called branch loan app... From my review online i discovered that most complainants of scam alart is mostly gtb costomers. Op please move this frontpage lets tackle this issue. Because we are made to understand that a transaction has a limit of 100,000 without a bank app, how will they have wipeded out a whole 580k without the bank seen it as a fraud attempt?
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by OmosigoTV: 7:12am On Oct 23, 2021
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by overdrive(m): 7:14am On Oct 23, 2021
In these Buhari era.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by xpressionx(m): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2021
hmm
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by lordraiden(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2021
People should be enlightened more …that no bank staff will ever ask for their card details ..

1 Like

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by joyandfaith: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2021
gabbrri:
I write with pain in my heart because my my got scammed to a tune of 580k. She got a call from a fraudstar thinking it is from gtb.the rest is history and the 580k my brother sent her was all wiped off her account by a platform called branch loan app... From my review online i discovered that most complainants of scam alart is mostly gtb costomers. Op please move this frontpage lets tackle this issue. Because we are made to understand that a transaction has a limit of 100,000 without a bank app, how will they have wipeded out a whole 580k without the bank seen it as a fraud attempt?
I am sorry. You failed your mum. You should have warned her and asked her to restrict her account to certain transaction. You can deactivate your account for pos/online transaction. Most banks wouldn't tell you.
I know a Prof who doesn't not use atm. He declined it. Fraudsters targeted old people and illiterates.

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by hisgrace090: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2021
Withrawal exceed daily limit and bank did nothing.

Time for this banks to rise up and protect their customers.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Redoil: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2021
how old is your mum
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by daddytime(m): 8:10am On Oct 23, 2021
Redoil:
how old is your mum

What bearing has this on the subject matter?

You want throw her surprise birthday party?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Boogyman557: 8:19am On Oct 23, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool SO SO SORRY MAN. SAME REASON I DNT USE BANK. SAME REASON I DNT HVE ATM CARD. SAME REASON I TRUST NO 1 BUT MY KUSH. WTF MAN
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Boogyman557: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool MY ADVISE TO PEOPLE USING BANK BCUS I DNT FVCKING USE IT BUT IF U MOST USE IT, 4GET ABOUT COLLECTING ATM CARD. IF U AR USING GTB, U CAN USE FINGER PRINT TO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM D ATM DATS IF U DNT WANT TO GO INSIDE D BANK. PLS AVOID ATM CARD... SAME REASON I HIGH ON MY KUSH 24sc. WTF MAN

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by BellaBliss(f): 8:32am On Oct 23, 2021
This is really bad but if you follow up the case I think they will be able to trace the source when the cash was transferred to.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by lereinter(m): 9:25am On Oct 23, 2021
Was she hypnotized?

Those people shall never have peace in their life
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by aminusodiq(m): 9:26am On Oct 23, 2021
Sorry op.... Enlighten your oldies next time... They are vulnerable. As for the retrieval... I doubt that... Maybe miraculously!!!
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2021
The reason they say ignorance is more expensive than education. undecided
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by EasternActivist: 9:50am On Oct 23, 2021
And why would you blame gtb!?!

You better be humble and seek help. The fault was from your mum for divulging her bank info. Even banks keeps advising against such.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by AllBlack: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2021
daddytime:

What bearing has this on the subject matter?

You want throw her surprise birthday party?

mad response. hahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Tboyfrosh123(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2021
.pls I did change of course this week Tuesday only for me to discover that when I want to reg for post utme at fuoye portal it not showing at all that I changed it and it showing it n jamb caps that it changed any hint on what to do I also want to change of state of origin also my state of origin is Ogun where as jamb made a mistake and put my place of birth I also want to enquire should I change it or not .......
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by zukky79: 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
I have warned my mother severally never to regard any call or message asking for her ATM details.

I draw my ear earn her.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Orire01(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
Thought there is a daily transaction limit on every accounts.
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Angrygoat: 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
That's why I always tell market women,men and other ppl who don't have time. Whenever u receive a call,and its about account details,atm card details,pin,and other story. Pls and pls end the ca,or hang up. If it is serious,bank will tell u to come direct to the bank . Just pick the call,listen to whatever the fool says and hang up. If u play with money,then u play with your life

1 Like

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
I hope you have reported to the bank, since its a loan app, they will reverse your money if your mum didn't owe any money
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by ChiefSosa(m): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool SO SO SORRY MAN. SAME REASON I DNT USE BANK. SAME REASON I DNT HVE ATM CARD. SAME REASON I TRUST NO 1 BUT MY KUSH. WTF MAN
You're trying so hard to be slawomiir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Boogyman557: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
ChiefSosa:

HOLLY GRAM cool BEEN WAITING 4 UR RIPLY MAN. THANKS MAN. JAH BLESS. WTF MAN
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by ChiefSosa(m): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool BEEN WAITING 4 UR RIPLY MAN. THANKS MAN. JAH BLESS. WTF MAN
Been waiting for my reply?? Me and u don jam before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Curious345: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
Post transaction details .. shebi she got an alert
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Boogyman557: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
ChiefSosa:

HOLLY GRAM cool CHECK UR OLD CHAT MAN. WTF MAN
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by wfjimmytobby(m): 9:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Your mama na sure client of 580k wow them scammer really cashed out..careful next time
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by fopmaps: 6:07am On Dec 01, 2021
ChiefSosa:

How to calculate Fuoye 2021/2022 POST UTME cut off Mark

https://victoralokan.com/how-to-calculate-fuoye-post-utme-cut-off-mark/

©️ victoralokan.com, 2021
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Bastard1stborn: 6:40am On Dec 01, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Person wey dey use marijuana water bath
Re: My Mum Just Got Scammed by Bastard1stborn: 6:48am On Dec 01, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Person wey dey use marijuana water bath na him. You dey answer

(1) (Reply)

Police Kill 5 IPOB, ESN Members, Recover Rocket Launchers, Ak47 Rifles, Charms / Photo Of A Serious Accident Scene In Portharcourt Today / My Awful Experience With Police (SARS)-Enugu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.