Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Catalyst Matter: I Am Getting Frustrated - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Catalyst Matter: I Am Getting Frustrated (650 Views)

Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox / I Am Getting Toks Honda2010, Do I Still Need A Mechanic To Run Inspection On It? / How Do One Know A Catalyst Has Being Removed From A Honda 04 Accord Aka EOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catalyst Matter: I Am Getting Frustrated by Maryadekoya: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
Please I need advice on how to ensure that mechanics don’t tamper with my catalyst.

I have serviced my car twice this year and a friend recently told me that my exhaust sounds funny and that I should have it checked. I decided to call another mechanic ( different from the one I used to service my car) and he told me that it is the catalyst that is no longer there and that we have to replace it.

I am about to spend 50k replacing it but how do I ensure that this doesn’t happen again. It is really frustrating to be spending money like this.

I Will appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Re: Catalyst Matter: I Am Getting Frustrated by melviniyke2002(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
Car name n model,did u get d car toks or naija used.

2 Likes

Re: Catalyst Matter: I Am Getting Frustrated by Dozieson(m): 9:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
Maryadekoya:
Please I need advice on how to ensure that mechanics don’t tamper with my catalyst.

I have serviced my car twice this year and a friend recently told me that my exhaust sounds funny and that I should have it checked. I decided to call another mechanic ( different from the one I used to service my car) and he told me that it is the catalyst that is no longer there and that we have to replace it.

I am about to spend 50k replacing it but how do I ensure that this doesn’t happen again. It is really frustrating to be spending money like this.

I Will appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Is your car consuming fuel?
If not, don't bother replace it because it might be stolen again
Re: Catalyst Matter: I Am Getting Frustrated by RZArecta(m): 12:23am On Oct 24, 2021
Contact gazzuzz if you're in Lagos, he installs spacers which are way cheaper, won't their up error codes and will disappoint any potential thief

(1) (Reply)

What’s Average Price Of Driving School In Lagos? / Good Car Needed In Benin Urgently. Like Right Now / Nissan For Sale (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.