Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox (13422 Views)

Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. / ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems / Vehicles Damaged By Falling Trees After Heavy Rainfall In Port-Harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by olalarry2000: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2023
My 2008 toyota camry immobilizer was diagnosed damaged when my car wouldn't start. I was advised to do a bypass by converting my brainbox to freecode.

It actually worked. The car began to start but whenever it's hot, it will be misbehaving. It won't run slow in traffic and will eventually trigger off by itself.

if I remove the key, it will not start again until i leave the ignition on, remove the cap of the brainbox and slot it back, then crank it to start again. Very frustrating.

I have changed brain box 2times now and Its still same. I have a feeling its more than the brainbox.

Gurus in d house, kindly advise pls.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by aieromon(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2023
olalarry2000:
my 2008 toyota camry immobilizer was diagnosed damaged when my car wouldn't start. i was advised to do a bypass by converting my brainbox to freecode. it actually worked. the car began to start but whenever its hot, it will be misbehaving. it wont run slow in traffic and will eventually trigger off by itself.
if i remove the key, it will not start again until i leave the ignition on ,remove the cap of the brainbox and slot it back, then crank it to start again. very frustrating.
I have changed brain box 2times now and Its still same I have a feeling its more than the brainbox.

Return vehicle back to factory settings.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by Angrygoat: 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
Sell it

3 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by easytig(m): 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
Just try and fix it at all cost or else you won't be able to make a down payment to generate electricity for a roasted corn 🌽 and do gazelle gagaraga,balabu bulaba,if you don't get it forget about it.

Can't wait for the druglord to be disgraced at the poll.
Fellow Nigerian let's get our pvc and make the zoo great again.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by kingbee90: 5:14am On Jan 27, 2023
Arrest that mechanic who asked you to bypass the brain box.
Ah Ah! Which kind Kazeem be that? That's how they go about spoiling people's vehicles.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by empron(m): 5:39am On Jan 27, 2023
olalarry2000:
my 2008 toyota camry immobilizer was diagnosed damaged when my car wouldn't start. i was advised to do a bypass by converting my brainbox to freecode. it actually worked. the car began to start but whenever its hot, it will be misbehaving. it wont run slow in traffic and will eventually trigger off by itself.
if i remove the key, it will not start again until i leave the ignition on ,remove the cap of the brainbox and slot it back, then crank it to start again. very frustrating.
I have changed brain box 2times now and Its still same I have a feeling its more than the brainbox.
By passing 2008 Toyota Camry is a mistake,find a good Technician to return back to factory settings and solve the problem.
It might involves, immobilizer located close to evaporator (the dashboard needs to be removed)Key ring on the key cylinder and the the chip inside your key.Does your key blink when this problem occur?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by baconline(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2023
There is nothing wrong with doing an immo off , the problem is u have not actually solved the main problem that caused the immobilizer to be damaged and that is what is causing the ecu to malfunction. It might be a wiring issue or partial contact issue or a bad module, u need to scan the car at the point of failure and post the codes

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by magnumwhales(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2023
Since you have converted the brainbox tell your technician to disconnect the immobilizer ecu itself from its socket. If they don't u will keep having issues.

5 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by Waterlilly: 11:54am On Jan 28, 2023
easytig:
Just try and fix it at all cost or else you won't be able to make a down payment to generate electricity for a roasted corn 🌽 and do gazelle gagaraga,balabu bulaba,if you don't get it forget about it.

whats dis one saying

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by Dwizeone: 11:55am On Jan 28, 2023
Brainbox can be fixed
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by adexbols: 11:55am On Jan 28, 2023
Hope you ran a comprehensive scan on it and not just guess work

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by falcon01: 11:55am On Jan 28, 2023
Car wahala
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by ibinaboonline: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2023
Tell him how to return it to factory settings.
aieromon:

Return vehicle back to factory settings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by PS712: 11:57am On Jan 28, 2023
You really need to get professional advice.
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by dayleke: 11:59am On Jan 28, 2023
Na wah o....
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by Ofemmanu1: 11:59am On Jan 28, 2023
easytig:

This is madness!

8 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by lakezone67(m): 12:02pm On Jan 28, 2023
Waterlilly:
whats dis one saying

Whatever Tinubu was saying πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by Monumenter(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
Wahaluur
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by sylvanus190: 12:06pm On Jan 28, 2023
See, just buy fairly used brainbox, with the key and the transponder also the bcm, then look for a good electrician to check the wire harness for any alternation. And your car will be on the road again.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by beardedboy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 28, 2023
kingbee90:
Arrest the mechanic who asked you to bypass the brain box.
Ah Ah! Which kind Kazeem be that? That's how they go about spoiling people's vehicles.

What do you mean by Kazeem?

If what you mean is yoruba mechanics then I'm glad to tell you that they're light years ahead of those quack criminals in Abia or Onitsha.

9 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by francotunsco: 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2023
Try changing the four tyres. Lets see what happens after that.
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by ironheart(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2023
Scan the car for codes

1 Like

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by ArticleBeast: 12:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
beardedboy:

If what you mean is yoruba mechanics then I'm glad to tell you that they're light years ahead of those quack criminals in Abia or Onitsha.
Tribalism just wan kee you. It is a naija slang for roadside mechanic

52 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by Privatepart00: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
shocked

Lamentation of Toyota car owner
They won’t tell you of this
Is Toyota cars not tolerant to abuse again?
🀣🀣🀣

Get a bicycle and stop getting frustrated
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by theophorus(m): 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
Op, Dash me the Car.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by koolaid87: 12:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
I pray the car won't eventually kill you

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by asobo1: 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2023
beardedboy:

I am disappointed in you. How old are you?

25 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by bravehost4u(m): 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
easytig:

People like you make me love nairaland. hahahahaaha

5 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by VeryWickedGoat: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Tribalism just wan kee you. It is a naija slang for roadside mechanic

3 Likes

Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by jacobs2015: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
kingbee90:
Arrest the mechanic who asked you to bypass the brain box.

I doubt if uve ever driven any. If u knw what he's talking abt, u won't talk like this.
I suffered from my Nissan Almera. I did all the possibilities nt until the brain box was changed thrice to a codeless one before a perfect match cld be got.

Just carry the car to Ladipo, kip testrunning diff brain boxes until a suitable one is found or better still, get another coded one, cut a new key and reprogram, dnt reprogram with the former key. Though either ways, it wld still reoccur later mayb after some yrs.

My best advice is to keep searching for perfect codeless one.
Re: Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox by NaijaCover(m): 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
No Be Small Wahala ooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Clean Your Car's Injectors / What To Do If Your Car Is Flooded Or Becomes Submerged / Ways Of Getting Rid Of Rats Or Mice Out Of Your Car Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.