Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) (32485 Views)

Tinubu Is Leadership Newspaper Politician Of The Year 2021 (Photo) / Breaking: President Buhari To Unveil Enaira On Monday, October 25 / Buhari To Unveil $70m Oshodi Transport Interchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by TotoGame(m): 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
G
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Chinostuff: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2021
Shitcoin
No presale or WHITELIST? Abi officials got it already
Wait to buy the dip o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Chameleonadiks(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
Bubu tha poster boy �
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Abujason: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
[s]
NwekeUG:
President Muhammadu Buhari is scheduled to formally unveil the Nigerian Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), known as the eNaira, on Monday 25 October 2021, at the State House, Abuja, IgbereTV reports.

A letter from the Central Bank of Nigeria, signed by its Director, Corporate Communications, Osita Nwanisobi, stated that the digital currency will be launched with the theme, “Same Naira, more possibilities” and is aimed at "advancing the boundaries of payments in order to make transactions easy and seamless for every strata of the society."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4999528223408108&id=100000529389569
[/s]

Does he know the meaning of eNaira?
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Drunkard1: 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
Them go rugpull una ni. Invest on ur own peril

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Bahamas95(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fvcking jokers. grin
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by BSsniffer: 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
Buhari was a really big mistake.
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Commentor: 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2021
Iliveforever:
As in I’ll use my hard earned money to buy this worthless shit coin??
Even if I pluck money from trees, I still won’t try such.

And I can as well bet that buhari won’t unveil anything come Monday

Let us bet today, you would buy it before the end of the year.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Iliveforever(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
Commentor:

Let us bet today, you would buy it before the end of the year.

Are you planning on surrendering me with gun to buy it??
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Commentor: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
Iliveforever:

Are you planning on surrendering me with gun to buy it??

You will but it.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by justifyme(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
Bandits will now start collecting enaira for ransom

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by GetMeRight: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good development
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Iliveforever(m): 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
Commentor:

You will but it.

From what angle are you coming from?
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Abujason: 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
justifyme:
Bandits will now start collecting enaira for ransom
Even una police sef
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
Naija bitcoin version.
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
Iliveforever:
As in I’ll use my hard earned money to buy this worthless shit coin??
Even if I pluck money from trees, I still won’t try such.

And I can as well bet that buhari won’t unveil anything come Monday
Do you have a choice?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Longsleeve: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
Someone thats always looking clueless..
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by GetMeRight: 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
If he like let him unveil B naira. Anything under the lifeless is a failure

You can say that again! When all you expect is failure, failure is the only thing you will see anywhere you look at
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Osedebillion: 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
Let's discuss how you can generate 1-2 million naira monthly from the comfort of your home pressing your phone or laptop.

Note: What I'm about to share with you works for everyone including students, stay at home mum, graduates, school dropout, business person and working class.

Click the link below or copy and paste on browser

http:///vn0o5b
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by panpan(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
It appears that this eNaira digital currency plan is not about improving the economy, but about the federal government having total control over everybody's finances.

This is a ploy to phase out cash in Naira. The federal government, through the Central Bank of Nigeria, could decide to block any person's eNaira wallet for any reason or even for no reason. The victim would not be able to back up his finances with cash. This is a very dangerous situation.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Khaysee: 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
How can I buy it

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
EmmBim:

Please what would be the advantages, hope it would help the economy?
Help the what? Oh, well here’s the implications; you can trade on it but you need TIN for an eNaira business account, and if you don’t pay your taxes they’ll know. So most people will avoid using it. For me however it will make a few payments easier as the eNaira is set to allow payments in foreign currencies from other platforms and apps. I was expecting they’d try something like this so I got my TIN in advance.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by GABRIEL6036: 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
Bubu speech will go as follows....
My fhellow niggaria, am about to lauvgch Bombnaira that will burst your brain skull grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Thunderfayayou: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2021
NwekeUG:
President Muhammadu Buhari is scheduled to formally unveil the Nigerian Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), known as the eNaira, on Monday 25 October 2021, at the State House, Abuja, IgbereTV reports.

A letter from the Central Bank of Nigeria, signed by its Director, Corporate Communications, Osita Nwanisobi, stated that the digital currency will be launched with the theme, “Same Naira, more possibilities” and is aimed at "advancing the boundaries of payments in order to make transactions easy and seamless for every strata of the society."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4999528223408108&id=100000529389569

Why not unveil B red too
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by mkoabiola: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2021
Anything Buhari is jus monumental failure
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2021
It's a welcome development

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
I hope buhari truly understands what he is unveiling........... cheesy
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Bastard1stborn: 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
tempest01:
If we were not in a government of looting without consequences, I would have said the e-naira is a good development.

If the government was(is) people and development centric, the e-naira can boost the economy adequately. But these ones keep budgeting monies to be looted with tribal and parochial actions to enrich a few.

With this in mind, I will just watch to see how the e-naira affects things. If not done carefully, the vultures will keep printing unbacked e-naira to cover their mismanagement and looting till all the dominoes fall at once.

Even if they didn't know this logic, you just put them through.

I understand anyway, An idle brain is sometimes a devil and weak workshop
Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Lastmankc(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
doggedfighter:

What's good about it? undecided

Even his fart is an expensive perfume to you people.
Baba, you are doing well.oya,chop knuckle

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by Zobah: 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
*eNaira*

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is set to launch thc e eNaira on October the 1st.

Let us take a closer look at the eNaira, what it means for you, and how you can position to take advantage of its launch.

What is the e-Naira?

The e-Naira will be a digit representative of the paper Naira currency issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The eNaira will be a “complementary” legal tender in Nigeria, having the same exchange value as the Naira, and maintain a “parity of value” with the Naira.

The e-Naira will not earn any interest to holders.

The e-Naira is built on a blockchain open ledger technology.

Creating the eNaira on the blockchain means you cannot have a duplicate or fake eNaira.

Each eNaira note will be unique.

Is the e-Naira a Stablecoin?

A stable coin is a cryptocurrency backed by reserves.

The keyword is reserves, but what kind of reserves?

Stable coins are backed by holding an equal equivalent of FIAT money like the US dollar.

FIAT means government-issued but usually not backed by any commodity, e.g., gold.

Thus a stable coin like USDT is tied to a currency, the US dollar, and maintains a stable exchange value.

Note, stable, not immovable.

The eNaira technically is linked to the FIAT Naira, but is the Naira stable?

Well, not exactly.

To be a stablecoin, the eNaira has to be tied to a currency like the US Dollar or Euro or even the Yuan.

How safe is the e-Naira?

Think of the e-Naira in this way; you want to send N100 to an uncle in a remote village without a bank branch.

A common practice is to buy mobile phone recharge cards of that value, load them to your phone, and text your uncle.

Your uncle can then go to any phone card retailer and discount his N100 mobile phone credit for N95.

The mobile retailer can redeem the call credits and pay cash because he trusts the person doing the exchange; however, he cannot tell if the mobile numbers are real.

The eNaira is designed to solve this verification risk by assuring all holders that each eNaira is a valid token.

This authenticity is achieved by building the eNaira on the blockchain.

Thus instead of buying phone credits, I will debit my bank account for N100, convert to eNaira, and transfer it to my uncle.

My uncle can spend the funds directly from his phone or transfer and get cash.

Every retailer is more likely to accept the eNaira because it can’t be easily faked.

How will I get the e-Naira?

The CBN has planned a rollout in a tiered manner; first, it will issue the e-Naira, to financial institutions like banks.

Your bank will then retail the e-Naira to you.

If your transaction value is less than N50,000 a day, you don’t need a bank account to get the eNaira; you can use a NIN verified phone number to buy eNaira.

If you want to withdraw more than N50,000 but up to the daily limit of N1 million, then you will need a BVN in addition to a NIN verified phone number.

The CBN has very strict ‘Know Your Customers” protocols for this process, the aim being to assure all retailers of the safety and utility of the eNaira.

Why should I use the e-Naira?

The eNaira has a low-cost advantage when compared to FIAT.

The daily transfers between accounts are at no cost to the holder of the account.

Lower transaction cost is a massive incentive as traders will pay no fees for withdrawals and deposits to and from their bank account.

No transaction fees reduce the cost of commerce while improving safety.

How will dollar remittance to e-Naira work?

The e-Naira will be integrated into the CBN’s forex process, and this is to make it easier to receive remittances to Nigeria.

These transfers could be from the CBN crediting e-Naira directly to the International Money Transfer Organisation (IMTO).

A Nigerian abroad sending $100 to his uncle can debit his US bank account and credit $100 to an IMTO, who will buy eNaira from their corresponding Nigerian bank.

The $100 is converted to e-Naira instantly at a far lower transfer fee which is a real benefit and a significant advantage

There would be a training on the opportunities in e-naira on telegram channel c.r.y.p.t.o.n.g
Time 3:00pm
Sunday 24th, October 2021

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Unveil eNaira On Monday 25 October 2021 (Photo) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
gurunlocker:
Make them dey use am.... Dem don spoil naira value, dem dey launch enaira.

From #190 - #570 in 6 years.

E shock u?........before our Darling Daddy will leave in 2023, expect it to reach #750 -1000....

Modified..... our darling Daddy is at work....every work is work .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Reportedly Rapes Eight-Month Pregnant Woman During Deliverance In Ondo / Army Shoots Pro-Biafra Agitators At A Church In Onitsha - Sahara Reporters / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.