Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms (6462 Views)

Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands / Zamfara No-fly Zone: We Suspect Helicopters Are Used To Take Arms To Bandits — P / #EndSARS: Sagay Says FG May Forcefully End Protests If Youths Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by AlexReports(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
If youths are adequately empowered, they will not take arms - Maduka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2dErY58P-s

The flag bearer of the Accord Party in the governorship election in Anambra State, Dr. Godwin Maduka has stressed the need for youth empowerment and capacity building in the country.

Maduka who is putting a finishing touch to his campaign for the election made the remark in Awka, weekend, that if the youths in the country are adequately empowered, they will not take to arms.

In his statement, he reiterated the need for every Anambra indigene to get a formal education alongside their apprenticeship system which according to him, is a prerequisite to good life and self contentment.

"Insecurity in the country today, especially in the Southeast region of the country has taken a new dimension with spate of killings, kidnaping and selected attack on persons.

"This is so worrisome especially with the governorship election in Anambra State drawing very close, while the security situation seems unabated.

"It is high time Ndi-Anambra wake up from slumber and vote someone that will deliver the true dividend of democracy," he said.

Speaking further, he said, "The reason why the youths carry arms is because there are no jobs for them. Most of them are graduates who are unemployed, became frustrated and thereby became vulnerable to crime."

Maduka made it clear that Accord Party as people's choice, with a right candidate is here to the rescue.
"There is a need to vote someone whose pedigree speaks volume, in terms of financial strength, sound academics, philanthropic gesture and passion to serve," says Maduka.

He also urged Ndi-Anambra to see Accord Party's choice as a beginning of a new dawn, while appealing for a massive support for the party to cruise to victory in the November 6th governorship election.

"Insecurity as it stands will be my topmost priority if I become governor because, there will be no meaningful development in the state if lives and properties are not secured.

"Even before I thought of joining the race, I built a Police station, Civil defence, Army barracks as a private project to beef up security in Anambra State.

"Anambra has known peace for a measured time until late, when governance became a challenge in the state. Considering all these challenges, I am here to change the situation," he concluded.

https://dailytrust.com/youths-will-not-take-arms-if-adequately-empowered-maduka

5 Likes

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by AlexReports(m): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by AlexReports(m): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
Nice

1 Share

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Geestarry(f): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
As they are thinking of youth empowerment, they should think of lasting initiatives, not just 'foodstuff' that will finish before the twinkling of an eye.

Youth empowerment actually goes beyond a mere political agenda.

Do they really have concern for these youths? Or do they just want to score cheap political points?

Let these politicians reexamine their motive, please.

Meanwhile, if you're a young person reading this, it's high time your empowered yourself to learn a high income skill. See what other young people are doing with Digital skills here: www.myfinanceplug.com/freevideo

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by benuejosh: 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
I trust him not to empower the youths the way ESN was empowered Sha.
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Adetyty: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Geestarry:
As they are thinking of youth empowerment, they should think of lasting initiatives, not just 'foodstuff' that will finish before the twinkling of an eye.
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by loveth360(f): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Political talk.

I will water you.

I will fire you.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Worldlegend(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Loveurneighbour: 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Rightly said
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by kambili999(f): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Of course. Even buhari knew that before becoming the president. You politicians use your God given brains when campaigning, but unfortunately, you all (no exemption) drop those brains of yours at your gates and use your skulls to reason when you win

Evil bunch sad angry

15 Likes

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by abraham324: 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
We're seeing u ooooooo
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Grace001: 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
Tell them what they want to hear
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by NwaNimo1(m): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2021

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sweet to say but hard to do
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by specialmati(m): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
grin grin grin Nigerian politician knows if youths are empowered there will be no thugs to help scatter election or defend them in their atrocities.I just they reason our politician that always go abroad to treat themselves can't build a solid hospital that can treat them here. So they can't but starve them and give them small food like our resident zombies here to defend them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
You get brain pass other useless politicians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Benitoh: 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
We all know that, but I ll advise you wait after soludo you'll continue from where he stops because right all we want is soludo.

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Sonnobax15(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
lipsrsealed
All these many promises no dey thrill me again

1 Like

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Holumhidey(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
cheesy

That is what they always say when they need our votes

Bubu promised us change; And we got it
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Rewawriters01: 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
That is absolutely true.

Youths needs to be empowered.

Want to learn copywriting?

I have a 10 days masterclass for N1000 only.

Send a WhatsApp message to 07081704909

1 Like

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Franchise21(m): 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
OK
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by michoim(m): 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
Easier said than done. And do you have ENOUGH resources to ADEQUATELY empowered all of them, after several decades of looting of national resources?
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Ganggaa(m): 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
Maduka is really working

1 Like

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Adetyty: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Rubbish statement
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Sholaco: 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Start running mouth, we would how you will employ the ipob/ESN
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Adakintroy: 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
I use to think life is hard. Until I woke up from sleep. Na I know is far more easier to succeed than to fail.

Save your Money..develope self control,no.be everything your eye see you go follow..there is time for everything. Learn through the Internet coking, baking class, meet people humble yourself..learn mechanic, learn tailors.enjoy it while you at it. Leave money focus. .be good at what you do. Everyone.Who is good at what they do get paid.

Pray!.read the Bible. many of you are ok..you just don't know it. Una Never see wetin God de use,, foolish things na understatement

6 Likes

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Afamsi: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Wicked people, they will promise you Heaven on earth during campaign, then turn your Heaven to earth after they win election.
Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Thats nothing but the truth. Guys look below please help share

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by Thinktwicemybro: 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
Empower them with what? Someone that refused to go to school or learn a trade what are you going to empower that person with? Abeg park well, all you politicians are the same, if you want changes start with power, bring foreign country to build plants and abolish estimated bill.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by engrchykae(m): 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
NO POLITICIAN,DEAD OR ALIVE WANTS THE ELECTORATES TO PROSPER.
WHETHER IN THE DEVELOPED NATIONS OR DEVELOPING NATIONS.
IF THE ELECTORATES BECOME EMPOWERED IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD,WHERE IS THE POWER OF THE ELECTED?

1 Like

Re: Godwin Maduka: If Youths Are Adequately Empowered, They Will Not Take Arms by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trial Of Boko Haram Suspects In Detention To Resume March — FG / “Tinubu’s Government Taking Nigeria Backward” – Labour Party Chairman, Abure / Child Witches Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.