Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) (46323 Views)

Sit At Home Defied In Abakaliki (Pictures) / PDP Inaugurates New Ebonyi State EXCO, constitute SE Zonal Caretaker Committee / New Ebonyi State Government House Set To Be Completed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by wink2015(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
SlayerForever:
This does not help the people or the economy. Merely for showoff.

I support your statement.

THE PROBLEM WITH OUR GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA is that most of them from the poor state want to RANK WITH THE RICH STATES LIKE LAGOS STATE DELTA STATE, BAYELSA, RIVERS, AKWA IBOM, they failed to cut their coat according to their material.

I am wondering why a poor state like Ebonyi state want to raise shoulder like Rivers state.

What is wrong if Ebonyi state government house is built with Bambo stick or thatch hut Does it really matter?

Even if the government is building the normal brick house must they want to compete with those expensive buildings in UAE, QATAR, etc

Na we dey kill ourselves for this country.

We waste money on unnecessary things.

Later governors can not pay civil servants, pensioner etc

SOME OF THESE GOVERNORS FROM THESE POOR STATES EVEN GOES AS FAR AS BUYING CLOSE TO 20 PAGES ( FULL SIZE ) OF NEWSPAPER FOR BIRTHDAY ADVERT TO THEMSELVES, THEIR WIVES, FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBER.

What is the need for wasting public funds?

GOVERNOR OKEZIE OF ABIA STATE BOUGHT SEVERAL PAGES OF VANGUARD NEWSPAPER JUST LAST WEEK FOR CONGRATULATORY MESSAGES TO HIMSELF.

Yet politicians will be complaining of lack of money in government coffers?

2 Likes

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by DashingRush(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
BKayy:

Maybe you haven't heard of Nkpor, Ogbaru and Obosi?
Ogbaru is even the most industrialised city in SE not Onitsha.

If Aba was to be in Anambra in its current state, it won't be among top 5 cities in it.
Except that if it was in Anambra during Peter Obi administration, I swear not even Lagos can rival it.
Obosi is Onitsha.

None comes close again.

Let's not deceive ourselves nwanne.
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by BKayy: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Don't insult Abians here. Its not our fault that we have bad governor.

Sorry dear, it is your fault.
How many times will you make the same mistake?

Let me tell you one thing, if Nigeria remains the same in 2023, another PDP candidate will continue from Ikpeazụ.

Have you people ever considered Theodore Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu as a mistake?
Have you people ever blamed yourself for it?

No, you even worship Orji Uzor Kalu.
To be Frank with you, until Nigeria desolves, I don't see Abia getting better.

The problem is you people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Decent134(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
SlayerForever:

the sensel^^s comment I was looking for
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Dhury: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
As it seems to be achievement nobody is attacking his party, the hausa Fulani and Muslim Party.
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by BKayy: 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
DashingRush:

Obosi is Onitsha.

None comes close again.

Let's not deceive ourselves nwanne.
Thank you for accepting what I said without struggling.
For you to see Obosi as Onitsha and as well accept that Onitsha is far better than Aba then Obosi which is not Onitsha at all is equally far better.

Obosi is not Onitsha at all.
Obosi is even bigger than Onitsha in Land mass

1 Like

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Bulalautali(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hey David umahi,can workers work with empty stomach?. what's the plight of common man under ur administration?. Hospital is good ooh but,U guys should stop praising Willy Obiano,cos of white elephant project airport gulping more than 800 billion.all the roads in Anambra are bad,are going to fly to they airport with broom.
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by ceeceeco: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nice one. Not that rented apartment they use as Government house @ Umuahia.
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by stanluiz(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Don't insult Abians here. Its not our fault that we have bad governor.

It is not you people that elected him in
2015 and re elected him back In 2019 as your governor ?

The same way you will elect Chinedum Orji as Abia governor in 2023 and you will tell us that we should not criticize you.

Abia and Enugu state has the worst electorates in the South East. They are blinded by party sentiments. They can't vote for good candidate unless that person is in Pdp. Too bad!

They can vote a cripple man as far as that person is a pdp candidate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by havenz(m): 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
What happened to the old one?
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by DashingRush(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
BKayy:

Thank you for accepting what I said without struggling.
For you to see Obosi as Onitsha and as well accept that Onitsha is far better than Aba then Obosi which is not Onitsha at all is equally far better.

Obosi is not Onitsha at all.
Obosi is even bigger than Onitsha in Land mass
Lol.

Obosi + Onitsha = Onitsha

Onitsha > Aba

Aba > others

Case closed.

grin

1 Like

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by perdollar(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
Unknown gun men should use that place as target practice wt d secret weapon to know how effective it wl b in levelling aso rock wt buhari and co in it
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by stanluiz(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
DashingRush:

The only non-state capital that can rival Aba in development is Onitsha and Lagos.

None comes close again.

Aba is not what we wanted, but it's better than its peers.

We are proud of the Elephant City.

Ga kwazie ndi yard nu.
Aba is industrialized but it does not have good infrastructure like good roads.

The bad roads there are still dilapidated thereby frustrating business.

The osisioma flyover in Aba hasn't been completed by ikpeazu for years.

Aba would have been in another development heights if Abia state has a good governor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nice one!

But my issue with some of the projects in Ebonyi is their use of too much concrete and little or no landscaping/lawns/trees! Take a look at the grounds of the White House to understand the aesthetic and health value proper landscaping can bring to a project. Umahi is good at civil engineering no doubt, but i think he needs to leave the landscaping and interior decor aspects of these jobs to the professionals!

If i were to become the next governor after him, i’d get boys to smash up the concrete grounds of the new government house with sledge-hammers, and then get landscaping professionals to redo it again with lawns, trees, shrubs and designated walkways!

1 Like

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by EDIWIZZY(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
He is really performing wonders in Eboyi, one thing I respect him is that he personally supervise all the projects and make sure they are done to specifications .......bravo

3 Likes

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by captainamiedi1: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
DEROX:
grin grin when other sates have forgotten that they built a state house since 1990s

Abia state is still in a rented apartment. so stop parading ur foolishness in public forums
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by BKayy: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
DashingRush:

Lol.

Obosi + Onitsha = Onitsha

Onitsha > Aba

Aba > others

Case closed.

grin
You can continue fooling yourself. After all people like you believe that the entire Anambra State is "Onitsha"

List of 5 cities that are clearly better than Aba in Anambra minus the capital.
Onitsha
Obosi
Nkpor
Odekpe (Ogbaru)
Nnewi.

Please note that it is not about malice or anything but just reminding you how low Aba has fallen courtesy of the collective stupidity of the entire people in Abia state.

Imagine prioritising tribalism in Elections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Kingstanding: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Umahi is delivering positively.
. Building state house is an achievement? I pity poor Nigerians.
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Bishopadaidu(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Biafrarep:

Umahi has done great things for Ebonyi State and posterity will remember him for good. I rate him among the first 5 greatest administrators of all times to have emerged from Igboland. To be categorized among legends like Akanu Ibiam, Michael Okpara and Sam Mbakwe is not a mean feat.

If only we can have someone like him to govern Imo State now, Owerri will definitely be compared with Abuja.

Then your people will start selling in different hold up.
Because tax and Hunger will chase everyone out of the state
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by shevon: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
The image you posted was taken at one of those stands on Alade Avenue in Ikeja, abi? grin
iluvdonjazzy:
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by chukel(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
SlayerForever:
abia since inception is still occupying a rented government house
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by chukel(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Biafrarep:

Umahi has done great things for Ebonyi State and posterity will remember him for good. I rate him among the first 5 greatest administrators of all times to have emerged from Igboland. To be categorized among legends like Akanu Ibiam, Michael Okpara and Sam Mbakwe is not a mean feat.

If only we can have someone like him to govern Imo State now, Owerri will definitely be compared with Abuja.
in your rating of first 5, pls add Sullivan Chime of Enugu State

1 Like

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by dapadawee: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
EmekaA125:
The Ebonyi State Governor and Chairman South-East Governor's Forum, Chief Engr David Nweze Umahi has completed the Ultra Modern Government House in Abakaliki, South-East Nigeria.

Umahi has never relented in giving Ebonyi State a new look. His developmental strides are truly incomparable.

About 15 flyovers have been completed and commissioned so far while newly flagged off ones are nearing completion.

The Airport project is one of the massive and big project being executed by this administration. A solid economic development that would increase the economy of the solid mineral rich State.

Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State Capital and one of the most developing cities in SouthEast has continued to receive modern outlook boost under the incumbent governor with a view to competing with other nice cities in Nigeria like Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, PH and Owerri.

©
M.U.N
Ipob head office
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by omoseth(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Beautiful structure no doubt,but i will suggest they plant trees within the compound just to reduce any devastating impact of any impending wind cz if beta breeze blow enta dt place, the roofs are going.

1 Like

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Elsueno: 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
cheesy

Damn hypocrites, see them PDP urchins praising a useless project dats only of benefits to d politicians & not d poor masses who voted them in.

I PITY NOBODY IN THIS COUNTRY, both BMCs & PDP wailers just want to chop

1 Like

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by mabea: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
hibeebeeking:
Even this time we are still agitating for Biafra nation,you are still building inside Naija. Let's Bleep everything down ma.
What's this one saying.
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by OgwuEgo: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
In the next 18yrs this will be my residence and office, so help me God.

2 Likes

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by mabea: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
Myhusband:

the only hardworking is the flyover built in Ebonyi that's if they need them, that's how fayose built unneeded flyover in ado, it was only there for beautification, it had nothing to Ekiti GDP

we celebrate rubbish in this part of the world, how many industries has this dunce established? how many innoson, ibeto is he trying to influence to Ebonyi state? not this flyovers and building complex up and down will makes him a presidential material
Tomorrow the same you will come here and start praising Tokyo or even Lagos that it's a beautiful city.

1 Like

Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Myhusband(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
mabea:
Tomorrow the same you will come here and start praising Tokyo or even Lagos that it's a beautiful city.

they create their source before becoming beautiful, how many of these country are owing debt to construct infrastructures? when they've create a lot of human and physical capital

we keep building physical capital without human capital and we expect economic sustainability
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by LILTJAY: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kinematics:
The architect should be punished for this archaic design..
my nigga grin grin grin
Government house be like cheap hotel cheesy grin
Re: New Ebonyi State Government House In Abakaliki (Pictures) by Nigercity: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
BKayy:

You can continue fooling yourself. After all people like you believe that the entire Anambra State is "Onitsha"

List of 5 cities that are clearly better than Aba in Anambra minus the capital.
Onitsha
Obosi
Nkpor
Odekpe (Ogbaru)
Nnewi.

Please note that it is not about malice or anything but just reminding you how low Aba has fallen courtesy of the collective stupidity of the entire people in Abia state.

Imagine prioritising tribalism in Elections

Lolz..
Oga am not from both states
Both all you wrote here are totally incorrect
Let's just say obosi is not onitsha, that means osisisoma, umuagasi, Abayi, Ariaria and ogborhill are not Aba either!
And the last time I checked osisisoma has more industries and Even good roads than obosi (I don't think anyone that knows obosi will Even disagree with this) obosi has bad roads, too much! (And too even believe that osisisoma is Even more bigger than obosi, and Nkpor combined in landmass is another mystery)

Also apart from ogbaru having a few more industries above ogborhill (which also have an industrial layout) ogbaru doesn't even comes close to ogborhill in any aspect, ogborhill has more good roads than ogbaru!

You even mention nnewi better than Aba! Jesse which nnewi!
In which aspect?
The entire nnewi that those not even have a single dualised road, oga are sure you are they one currently handling your account or those urchins claiming anambra!

Abayi and umuagasi in Abia will easily beat Nkpor in terms of good road, Nkpor and obosi should be competing with ohanku, obioha and co!
Truth is onistha metro and Aba metropolis have a lot of bad roads, just that Aba own is more visible because it cuts strategic arears that are not initial part of the city,
I also want you to understand that onistha can easily be differentiated from obosi because obosi and onistha are not the same people, unlike what you have in Abia South where Aba, Ariaria, Abayi, ogborhill, osisisoma under different l.G.A are all ngwa people hence you won't even notice that Ariaria international market is not even in Aba south/Aba north, Same goes for ogborhill and co!

I think this is the first time we disagree on a particular topic!
Also don't play the same card of those guys claiming anambra and trying to demonized other south east state!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Chairman Admits Commission Contractor Is APC Senatorial Candidate / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said / Osinbajo And President Macron Of France At G7 Summit (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.