Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... (1335 Views)

Inspirational "I Was Earning 20k A Month, But I Am Happily Married" / Autistic Couple Find Love And Protection In Each Other. They ar Happily Married. / Is “happily Ever After…”even A Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Not everyone u see smiling are happily married. Many are rather enduring their marriage instead of enjoying the marriage. Many married men and women u see these days are like prisoners wishing to come out of their prison. Many are even tempted to cheat, some had no other option than to cheat or have a side chick or Bf. This is what many marriages is like.

1 Share

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by yuping(m): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by mariahAngel(f): 2:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
So, what is your point?

6 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:
So, what is your point?
You know there has been a systematic attack on the family unit and marriage institution for years now.

Everybody go dey alright sha

2 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:
So, what is your point?
My points are boldly Written above. Not everyone u see smiling are happily married. This could be as a result of lack of love in their marriage, romance, sexual starvation etc.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by mariahAngel(f): 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
My points are boldly Written above. Not everyone u see smiling are happily married.

Soooo, people should avoid/beware of marriage?
Is that what you’re implying?

1 Like

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by mariahAngel(f): 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

You know there has been a systematic attack on the family unit and marriage institution for years now.

Everybody go dey alright sha
cheesy
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

Soooo, people should avoid/beware of marriage?
Is that what you’re implying?
Not as u are insinuating. I'm only telling u based on reality.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by GenderMix: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Not everyone u see smiling are happily married. Many are rather enduring their marriage instead of enjoying the marriage. Many married men and women u see these days are like prisoners wishing to come out of their prison. Many are even tempted to cheat, some had no other option than to cheat or have a side chick or Bf.

You are correct about this.

Reality is that humans are competitive in nature and everyone wants to stand out and put on a false facade especially in a society like ours.

Many people are not happy due to falsehood (information received before marriage is far from reality). Many people lie their way into marriage. I know of a guy who lied about his salary before marriage only for the lady to find out the truth after marriage.

Many married people are not realistic about their expectations in marriage hence become agitated when reality hits. Many are just greedy , many are too immature

In summary, lies, deceit, immaturity, unrealistic , greed etc are some of the reasons why many married people are not satisfied with their marriage. In a bid to make society believe all is well, they put on a false facade to meet up with unnecessary competition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by mariahAngel(f): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Not as u are insinuating. I'm only telling u based on reality.

Reality according to your own experience?
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
This is what many marriages is like.

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

Reality according to your own experience?
No, ur own experience. U ask questions as if u are not a Nigerian or like someone who just came down from heaven to earth, that doesn't know what's happening on earth.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by mariahAngel(f): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
No, ur own experience. U ask questions as if u are not a Nigerian or like someone who just came down from heaven to earth, that doesn't know what's happening on earth.

Maybe I am. grin
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe grin
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Munzy14(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
This is what many marriages is like.
On what scale or say yardstick are you focusing this your argument?

Instead of bringing Ideas on how couples can bring their A games to ensure smooth running of the marital union, you guys keep adding salt to injury by poisoning people's mindset in regards to marriage institution.

With the way you guys talk negative about marriage these days, It may go into extinction before the next century o.. grin

One thing is for sure, you must be open and free minded to enjoy a relationship/marriage.

If you hide things or play cunning, hehehe peace will be far away...na so so lamentations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Acidosis(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
So? Who says all married men and women are happy? Is every single man or woman out there happy?

3 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Munzy14:

On what scale or say yardstick are you focusing this your argument?

Instead of bringing Ideas on how couples can bring their A games to ensure smooth running of the marital union, you guys keep adding salt to injury by poisoning people's mindset in regards to marriage institution.

With the way you guys talk negative about marriage these days, It may go into extinction before the next century o.. grin

One thing is for sure, you must be open and free minded to enjoy a relationship/marriage.

If you hide things or play cunning, hehehe peace will be far away...na so so lamentations.
How did i poison people's mindset regarding marriage? I did not stop anyone from getting married. However, Let's face it. I'm only saying what Marriages in our time looks like. Many marriages in our time is like hell fire.

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
GenderMix:

You are correct about this.

Reality is that humans are competitive in nature and everyone wants to stand out and put on a false facade especially in a society like ours.

Many people are not happy due to falsehood (information received before marriage is far from reality). Many people lie their way into marriage. I know of a guy who lied about his salary before marriage only for the lady to find out the truth after marriage.

Many married people are not realistic about their expectations in marriage hence become agitated when reality hits. Many are just greedy , many are too immature

In summary, lies, deceit, immaturity, unrealistic , greed etc are some of the reasons why many married people are not satisfied with their marriage. In a bid to make society believe all is well, they put on a false facade to meet up with unnecessary competition.
Bro, i can relate. I know a man who was madly in love with a lady in my former church. This lady acted like an innocent virgin to this bro until after marriage that bro later found out this lady had already had four children in the village before coming to Lagos. Bro, had no choice but continued the marriage. Note: They did white wedding.

1 Like

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Munzy14(m): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
How did i poison people's mindset regarding marriage? I did not stop anyone from getting married. However, Let's face it. I'm only saying what Marriages in our time looks like. Many marriages in our time is like hell fire.
How did you come about this your claim?
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
Munzy14:
How did you come about this your claim?
from observation.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Munzy14(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
from observation.
What we see or read are the bad ones...

Millions of it marriages that are doing well don't make it to this place or news dailies...Because all is well..

You can't let few bad eggs in basket of eggs spoil the love and nutritional value of egg.

1 Like

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Munzy14(m): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bro, i can relate. I know a man who was madly in love with a lady in my former church. This lady acted like an innocent virgin to this bro until after marriage that bro later found out this lady had already had four children in the village before coming to Lagos. Bro, had no choice but continued the marriage. Note: They did white wedding.
That was a union of a cool guy with a lady hiding major issues..it cannever work...Because one partner came to equity with dirty hands.

In that your former church, we still have married people living happily ever after na.

4 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Munzy14:

What we see or read are the bad ones...

Millions of it marriages that are doing well don't make it to this place or news dailies...Because all is well..

You can't let few bad eggs in basket of eggs spoil the love and nutritional value of egg.
Did u just say millions of marriages that are doing well? lol. Why do we now have so many single mothers and single fathers?
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
Munzy14:

That was a union of a cool guy with a lady hiding major issues..it cannever work...Because was partner came to equity with dirty hands.

In that your former church, we still have married people living happily ever after na.
Yep, but not all.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by greenie77: 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
My points are boldly Written above. Not everyone u see smiling are happily married. This could be as a result of lack of love in their marriage, romance, sexual starvation etc.

And not everyone you see smiling are happily single!

2 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Munzy14(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Did u just say millions of marriages that are doing well? lol. Why do we now have so many single mothers and single fathers?
Because of soo many factors bothering on deceit like the man who found out the sister had 4kids...If they had a kid together, he will still leave and automatically the sister becomes a single mom.

Another factor is lack of sacrifice...Marriage is a place you keep making sacrifice till it gets better..

It is a place of give and take...You love a lady, she gives you and your kids care...and manage the home in addition to little things she bring to table as support..If one partner brings cunny cunny acts e no go work.

A married friend came yesterday to make purchase for his wife's shop...In our conversation, he said he has used a huge percentage of his salary this month to load his wife shop...I laughed and asked him If the wife carries everything to another man house, he said no..cheesy I asked him, why are you complaining he started laughing..I told him guy you are lucky you have an educated woman who has giving you 3kids and is eager to do small business to support you...some ladies will be inside watching telemundo and wait for when your salary will drop..grin grin

He said it's true and he thank God for his wife..lol

We play too much in this world sha.

6 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
greenie77:

And not everyone you see smiling are happily single!
Yea, u are right too but they aren't in prison.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by greenie77: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Yea, u are right too but they aren't in prison.

There are folks whether married or single, their lives itself are prisons.

2 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Munzy14(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Yep, but not all.
Good...It can never be all.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by ststyreal(f): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
mariahAngel:
So, what is your point?
God bless you for that question... What is he or she driving at? Smmmhhh for some people shaaa

1 Like

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by crackhaus: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Not everyone u see smiling are happily married. Many are rather enduring their marriage instead of enjoying the marriage. Many married men and women u see these days are like prisoners wishing to come out of their prison. Many are even tempted to cheat, some had no other option than to cheat or have a side chick or Bf. This is what many marriages is like.
There's also an equal number of "many" marriages that are the opposite of all this.

Having varying perspectives is a valuable skill. You should learn to use it.

Rather than dwell on negatives, focus on positives...

Jeez, look at me coming off like a motivational speaker. angry

Abeg oga you're right, marriage na stress... Just get baby mama — still stressful though, but much less stressful than being married cool

2 Likes

Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Munzy14:

Good...It can never be all.
Yes, that's why i said, not everyone u see smiling are happily married.
Re: Not Everyone You See Is Happily Married... by Truvelisback(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
crackhaus:

There's also an equal number of "many" marriages that are the opposite of all this.

Having varying perspectives is a valuable skill. You should learn to use it.

Rather than dwell on negatives, focus on positives...

Jeez, look at me coming off like a motivational speaker. angry

Abeg oga you're right, marriage na stress... Just get baby mama — still stressful though, but much less stressful than being married cool
If u no mali self, na anoda wahala. People go still talk. Although, living alone is neither good also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are My Parents Still Making 'noisy' Love At This Age? / Is It Wrong To Want To Be Married At 23 Or 25 At Most? / Never EVER Talk Bad Of Your Husband To Anyone…learn!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.