Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

God and Allah: Are they the same? - Islam for Muslims (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / God and Allah: Are they the same? (18217 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Is There Any Difference Between The Christian God And The Muslim Allah?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by babs787(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2007
Quote from: doyenn on Today at 04:56:39 AM
whatever name u may called him,it's same Almighty we're all taking about. It was the english bible that translate it to God and not the original language that was brought by Jesus and Allah is what the Q'uran called it,it's still the language that it was reveal with. All you need to know is that we all have one Almighty God to put is simpler.

pfffft! Nonsense. What original language did Jesus Christ and allah bring? We don't share one almighty God with muslims if that is what you are insinuating.

No problem if thats how you want it.

Quote from: doyenn on Today at 04:56:39 AM
I think the problem we have in religion is basically the language difference. If some of us here can simply understand the arabic,you'll know that the Q'uran reveal the best history concerning all the prophets and the book which they were sent to use.

If the problem were merely about language we wont even be here discussing it. The difference between islam and christianity is like comparing light and darkness. No matter how much muslims attempt to spin this, a loving God who came to die for u and me does not compare at all to an evil, belligerent slave master whose only wish is to see his slaves herded down into hell like cattle.

A God that died for christians' sins
Hey, be careful, dont bring the issue of loving father here or else I will give you some verse where men, women, children, cattle, oxen were killed mercillesly

If indeed the quran reveals the "best history of all the prophets" can u tell me by the quran where David was born, who his father was and how many brothers he had?

Maybe you supply us. You know that this is school and we learn everyday. so do us proud by supplying the answer.

Thanks
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by pilgrim1(f): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2007
@doyenn,

doyenn:

whatever name u may called him,it's same Almighty we're all taking about. It was the english bible that translate it to God and not the original language that was brought by Jesus and Allah

What original language do you suppose was brought by Jesus and 'Allah'?

doyenn:

is what the Q'uran called it,it's still the language that it was reveal with.

Look at this chap! grin You're a comedian. So Jesus spoke Quraish, abi? You better wake up and don't let anyone deceive you.

doyenn:

All you need to know is that we all have one Almighty God to put is simpler.

The Qur'an accuses Christians and Jews of being polytheists, whereas it is clear in the Qur'an that the Allah worshipped in Islam is not one. This issue has been discussed before, and up until now no Muslim has been able to explain the plural pronouns (WE, US, OUR) that Allah uses for himself in the Qur'an.

doyenn:

I think the problem we have in religion is basically the language difference.

It is worse than that. Muhammad never accused Jews and Christians of not being able to speak Quraish. Rather, the accusation was that while Islam rejects almost everything about Judaism and Christianity, it still goes further to regard Jews and Christians as enemies, and wishes that 'Allah' destroys them.

If you're arguing even for language difference, have you forgotten that it is Muslims themselves who say that the Qur'an cannot be translated into another language? How then do you want to solve your language problem when Muslims assert that the Qur'an is no longer the word of Allah as soon as it is translated into another language?

doyenn:

If some of us here can simply understand the arabic,you'll know that the Q'uran reveal the best history concerning all the prophets and the book which they were sent to use.

Please go learn the meaning of 'history' before you use that word carelessly. Common Aisha's age when Muhammad consumated his marriage to her is still much debated among Muslims; and then you're yapping about 'the best history' that the Qur'an does not offer.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by pilgrim1(f): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

A God that died for christians' sins

Continue to play the mischief. It is when people begin to talk in the same tone about Islam, Muhammad and his allah that you begin to cry your tit-for-tat.

babs787:

Hey, be careful, don't bring the issue of loving father here or else I will give you some verse where men, women, children, cattle, oxen were killed mercillesly

Your worries have been soundly put to rest, so it's nothing new if you want to plagiarize and repost it again in this thread. On the other hand, every day and every week, we read of how Muslims are mercilessly killing people in the name of Islam. In some instances, many children are been brainwashed to be murderers for the cause of Islam. Women also are taking arms and training for warfare to promote Islam. And how many more cases of rampage, pillage, slaughter do we still read about in the news of what Muslims are planning and doing to innocent souls?

babs787:

Maybe you supply us. You know that this is school and we learn everyday. so do us proud by supplying the answer.

So, all of a sudden "the best history" is no longer existing in the Qur'an, and you have to circle round the question with that excuse? 'Best history' in the Qur'an indeed.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ismyeel: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2007
Common IAH,it is not about religious conflict.u're just been curious.
God is an English word to describe a supreme being according to what individual believes as his creator.Allah on the other hand, is an Arabic word which describes the supremacy of this God.
Quran defines ALLAH as ''He is one,Allah is ''the last resort'' He does not beget son neither does one begets Him.And there is no one that resembles Him(both physique and attribute).better interpretation (ch112;1-4)This how i can go for now IAH.see ya.
Is the God that cannot be compared to any being or a creature of God you will direct ur worship to?the answer is yours.pls make reseach in other to attain salvation in the hereafter.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 15, 2007
The attributes of Jehovah,the Lord God almighty are totally in contrast with those of Allah.
They cannot be the same person,period.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 15, 2007
Jehovah God has a personal relationship with his people and calls us his sons and daughters.
Allah has slaves and does not relate to his slaves in a personal way.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 15, 2007
Another important difference between Christianity and Islam is our entrance into heaven. For Christians, salvation comes through forgiveness offered to us by God, based on the sacrificial death of Jesus, the Son of God. We believe what Jesus taught His disciples, as recorded in John 14:6: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

The God of the Bible is a God of grace. One can’t earn salvation. It’s a free gift. In the teachings of Islam, however, one must earn salvation by works. One’s deeds done on earth will be weighed in judgment to determine the type of afterlife that has been earned

Here’s a crucial point in understanding why the God of the Bible and Allah in Islam are not one and the same. Christians hold to a theology that proclaims God to be three-in-one: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (known as the Trinity). Can Christians fully explain this one God who proclaims himself to be three distinct persons? No — it’s a mystery. But that doesn’t make it false.

To Muslims, the concept of the Trinity is more than something they cannot comprehend; it’s an offense. Muslims view Christians as “tritheists” (worshipers of three distinct gods). In fact, some Muslims misunderstand the Trinity to be God (the Father), Jesus and Mary (as opposed to the Holy Spirit). God is either a triune being or He’s not. Christians believe He is; Muslims believe in a god who’s not triune. This issue relates back to the God of Christians being a personal God. He is Father, Son and Holy spirit — a community. There is relationship between the three; thus there can be relationship between God and us.

http://www.briomag.com/briomagazine/briobeyond/a0005733.html
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by pilgrim1(f): 1:05am On Jul 15, 2007
@Ismyeel,

Ismyeel:

Quran defines ALLAH as ''He is one,Allah is ''the last resort'' He does not beget son neither does one begets Him.

Before you zoom of like the rest, maybe you should begin to answer the question of why this one and single 'Allah' in the Qur'an was speaking as "WE", "US" and "OUR" - are those words that a single being uses for himself?

Ismyeel:

And there is no one that resembles Him(both physique and attribute).better interpretation (ch112;1-4)This how i can go for now IAH.see ya.

No run, just relax and sicuss with us yet a bit. Isn't it true that some sect in Islam teach that Allah resembles his creatures? Is it true that Muhammad ever saw Allah at any time?

Ismyeel:

Is the God that cannot be compared to any being or a creature of God you will direct your worship to?the answer is yours.please make reseach in other to attain salvation in the hereafter.

Another attempt to slur the Christian faith, abi? We know you guys; but you really haven't done research yourself - so I'll just go it easy with you so that you don't disappear, especially because you're new on the Forum.

Cheers and welcome. smiley
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by narcissus(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2007
God = Allah? This is interesting. Lingusitically, symbolically and spiritually, we've been unable to agree. We've howeever reached an accord on these three isues: to disagree, to disparage and to leave this site full of anger. God exists I believe but i disbelieve that people who kill others (xtians and muslims alike), forment hate, insult each other at the slightest mention of their God, try to shove their beliefs down the throats of non believers, cannot practice their faiths peacefuully side by side etc. are true representatives of a good and just God. Shame on all of you for insulting the very God you all claim to worship. Therefore, I denounce the God/Allah/ you all worship and stick to my God who is just, peaceful, almighty, full of love and I resort to the natural laws: deep in our hearts i am sure we all know what is wrong and right, devoid of all your creeds, rituals that add no value and create fodder for your cannons of schism and destruction.

Praise to be God, Down with Religion!

And this is not a joke.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by doyenn(m): 11:02am On Aug 17, 2007
pilgrim.1

I can see that u're not a type that I shld waste my time argueing with because you dont know much about what you read.you just read any interpret as you think it is.God is not me or you or even your president.We all humans and it's only human that can be addressed as me,you,we,us or them.God uses those words to qualify himself so that me and you wld understand.Those words are not appropriate for him because he's been in existense long b4 those words ar formed in your english dictionay.

God uses various words for himself to show us that he's a great God.He can use any of it depending on how best he think is appropriate and the type of people he's trying to address.Do you know fully well that the Q'uran is not only meant for we humans alone.the Q'uran was sent to all creatures in the world and in this world we have several creatures from which some are not human beings.The whole world also comprises of other universe with its own creature and with different addressing mode and language.

We humans being does not understand this fact and makes us think we're the only creature of earth.This requires knowledge and not just what you can read and interpret anyhow.The Q'uran I still maintain superseed all books and It's the word that was with God in the beginning and wld be till the end.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by babs787(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2007
@pilgrim

Continue to play the mischief. It is when people begin to talk in the same tone about Islam, Muhammad and his allah that you begin to cry your tit-for-tat.

I am used to your tongue-lashing, so no surprise at all. Are you trying to deny my post up? Babs has never been doing that but you and your folks have been crying that babs has been deriding your faith whenever issues pertaining to christianity is being mentioned. Did your God not die for your sins?

Your worries have been soundly put to rest, so it's nothing new if you want to plagiarize and repost it again in this thread.

Really? Can I have where it has been laid to rest please.

On the other hand, every day and every week, we read of how Muslims are mercilessly killing people in the name of Islam. In some instances, many children are been brainwashed to be murderers for the cause of Islam. Women also are taking arms and training for warfare to promote Islam. And how many more cases of rampage, pillage, slaughter do we still read about in the news of what Muslims are planning and doing to innocent souls?

Sister, arguing with you at times can be a waste of time but I will still try to be answering you when time permits. Those killing are not muslims, they may be bearing muslim names, pray like we do, fast etc but anybody that kills is not part of us and will never be part of us. It is even funny how you exonerated those that have killed in the name of chritianity while spreading the message but quick at taking active role in those that killed cos they bear muslim names.

So, all of a sudden "the best history" is no longer existing in the Qur'an, and you have to circle round the question with that excuse? 'Best history' in the Qur'an indeed.

You may supply the answers if you care.

Before you zoom of like the rest, maybe you should begin to answer the question of why this one and single 'Allah' in the Qur'an was speaking as "WE", "US" and "OUR" - are those words that a single being uses for himself?
No run, just relax and sicuss with us yet a bit. Isn't it true that some sect in Islam teach that Allah resembles his creatures? Is it true that Muhammad ever saw Allah at any time?

Nobody is zooming off. Answers have been provided in one of the threads but I will still repost them for you to read and do ask question on your nightmare.

It is a feature of literary style in Arabic that a person may refer to himself by the pronoun nahnu (we) for respect or glorification. He may also use the word ana (I), indicating one person, or the third person huwa (he). All three styles are used in the Qur’an, where Allaah addresses the Arabs in their own tongue. (Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/143).

“Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, sometimes refers to Himself in the singular, by name or by use of a pronoun, and sometimes by use of the plural, as in the phrase (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, We have given you a manifest victory” [al-Fath 48:1], and other similar phrases. But Allaah never refers to Himself by use of the dual, because the plural refers to the respect that He deserves, and may refer to His names and attributes, whereas the dual refers to a specific number (and nothing else), and He is far above that.” (Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 75).

These words, innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), and other forms of the plural, may be used by one person speaking on behalf of a group, or they may be used by one person for purposes of respect or glorification, as is done by some monarchs when they issue statements or decrees in which they say “We have decided…” etc. [This is known in English as “The Royal We” – Translator]. In such cases, only one person is speaking but the plural is used for respect. The One Who is more deserving of respect than any other is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, so when He says in the Qur’an innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), it is for respect and glorification, not to indicate plurality of numbers.

Every time Allaah uses the plural to refer to Himself, it is based on the respect and honour that He deserves, and on the great number of His names and attributes, and on the great number of His troops and angels.” (Reference: Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 109). And Allaah knows best

Another attempt to slur the Christian faith, abi? We know you guys; but you really haven't done research yourself - so I'll just go it easy with you so that you don't disappear, especially because you're new on the Forum.

Cheers and welcome.

You are always welcome. It is not necessary that you must go easy with him,do it anyway you want with him.

Thanks
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Pacifier(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2007
Personally, i think Allah and God are the same. For the two words simply tend to express, the same fundamental concept of the Creator, in different languages.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by PTH(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2007
Pacifier:

Personally, i think Allah and God are the same. For the two words simply tend to express, the same fundamental concept of the Creator, in different languages.

this is inherently false, for the God of the bible is not just a concept, HE IS and HE IS a rewarder of those who serve Him.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by umary: 12:07am On Aug 19, 2007
@ALL
Looks like the xtians are saying that God is not Allah while the muslims are tryin to convince them God = Allah. i think both parties are correct (as long as they think so). some people here have just successfully displayed their level of ignorance when it comes to simple language Nevertheless i understand they are speaking from the deepest part of their belief which is apparently making them not want to be objective about this issue.

like i said earlier, both parties are correct. if u think ur God=Allah then it is and if u think that ur God is not Allah then it is not. but it wont change the simple fact that Allah is the arabic word for God or rather God is the english word for Allah. so why spend our time disturbing urselves.

As a matter of FACT, God exists before the creations of those words. i wonder why we are now playing the God /Allah role.
it is obvious that both group have a belief that there is one supreme being and i think you can stick to that simple point.

finally, maybe u guys should spend sometimes nextwk to watch the GOD'S WARRIOR documentary on CNN and see how the Christains have killed in the name of God (the crusaders), the jews have killed inthe name of God. and the muslims have killed too. no belief is clean and dont try to be.

very soon, everyone will know what is true and what is not- at least when u er dead. u might just not be able to tell us thru nairaland what u saw but u will sha know.
cheers all
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by PTH(m): 12:25am On Aug 19, 2007
umary, i would have ignored this but there's too much of misrepresentation of facts in your post to ignore.

1. You say God is merely the english word for allah? Yes that is the propaganda the muslims have sold to you all for ages. If we accept that English as a language existed before the 12th century and that islam did not take root until the 12th century then it stands to reason that allah could not have been the arabic for God as he was but a mere idol before the advent of islam, at a time the expression "God" had long been in use.

2. Please study the crusades first before parroting the old lies that it is an example of christian violence. The crusades where the christian response to muslim agression and conquer of christian lands! But for the crusades, spain would be no diferent from Pakistan today.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by BProphecy: 12:16am On Jan 08, 2009
The First, the Last, beside Me there is No God -

The LORD the King of Israel declares, I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God (Isa.44:6 below).

The name Allah is used by members of the body of Christ in Palestine, Iraq, Egypt, and other places.   If we are all worshipping the LORD the King of Israel  we are on the same page.  (Scriptures below)

Isa.44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God (Isa.45:5 below).

Isa.45:5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me (Isa.44:6 above); I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Ex.29:45 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God (Isa.44:6, Isa.45:5 above).
Jer.31:1 At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel (Ex.29:45 above), and they shall be my people.

Ps.41:13 Blessed [be] the LORD God of Israel (Jer.31:1 above) from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Lev.25:55 For unto me the children of Israel [are] servants; they [are] my servants whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt: I [am] the LORD your God (Ps.41:13 above).

Deut.10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Josh.10:42 And all these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel.

Judges 5:3 Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, [even] I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing [praise] to the LORD God of Israel.

2 Sam.12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou [art] the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

1 Kings 8:17 And it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the LORD God of Israel.

2 Kings 18:5 He trusted in the LORD God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor [any] that were before him.

1 Chron.15:14 So the priests and the Levites sanctified themselves to bring up the ark of the LORD God of Israel.

2 Chron.6:7 Now it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the LORD God of Israel.

Ezra 7:5   And to carry the silver and gold, which the king and his counsellors have freely offered unto the God of Israel, whose habitation [is] in Jerusalem,

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I [am] in the midst of Israel, and [that] I [am] the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Matt.15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel (Lk.1:68 below).

Mk.12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.

Lk.1:68 Blessed [be] the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people (Mk.12:29 above),

Jn.1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel (Lk.1:68 above).

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand [to be] a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 10:36  The word which [God] sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of allsmiley

Gal.6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Eph.2:12 That at that time ye (Gentiles – 1 Cor.10:32) were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Heb.8:10 For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Patricia  - Bible Prophecy on the Web
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Macteejay2(m): 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2009
God is known as Ubangidi in Hausa
In Arabic, God is also referred to as Allah and christians in the North and Arab world refer to God as Allah.
l have a run a background check on the origin
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by angelina08(f): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2009
I think and believe that God and Allah are the same. Just like we have many different languages that we can't understand so do muslims have their own God, Allah, and because we can't understand it doesn't mean that Allah is different.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by BProphecy: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2009
If one does a search of the Holy Bible the name Allah is not found as a name given for God Almighty.

Patricia - Bible Prophecy on the Web
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by okgerald(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2009
Allah' = God
Chineke=God
Olodumare=God
Abasi=God
Eloi=God

Jesus<God
Muhammed<God

TO ME wink
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by okgerald(m): 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2009
Allah= Eloi, =God
sounds alike
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kolaoloye(m): 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2009
Th
ok.gerald:

Allah' = God
Chineke=God
Olodumare=God
Abasi=God
Eloi=God
WELL SPOKEN
There is only one God,the creator of the heaven and the earth. Some people even call him OLU_ORUN (Olorun).
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by olabowale(m): 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2009
@B Prophesy: « #530 on: January 08, 2009, 08:54 PM »

If one does a search of the Holy Bible the name Allah is not found as a name given for God Almighty.

Patricia - Bible Prophecy on the Web

This guy must be a very smart man. He wants to find out about Islam, he went to a Bible dictionary. Very smart.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by sammyzacks(m): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2009
If God= Allah
then,
god= ?
Please, anyone understands Arabic here?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 13, 2009
So a thread with such an obvious answer has still managed to drag on for so long, hmm?
It's as if those christians saying no to the question are trying to convince THEMSELVES and not others, about what they want to believe. . . .
@all the muslims in this thread, may Allah reward you all.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kolaoloye(m): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2009
fellis:

So a thread with such an obvious answer has still managed to drag on for so long, hmm?
It's as if those christians saying no to the question are trying to convince THEMSELVES and not others, about what they want to believe. . . .
@all the muslims in this thread, may Allah reward you all.
What are you insinuating
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2009
sammyzacks:

If God= Allah
then,
god= ?

This is an important question that demands critical thinking.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kolaoloye(m): 9:52am On Jan 15, 2009
sammyzacks:

If God= Allah
then,
god= ?
god- an image of a deity; an idol
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Jan 15, 2009
kola oloye:

What is it called in Arabic?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kolaoloye(m): 10:07am On Jan 15, 2009
let me help our muslim brothers grin
god should be mushrikhin because al-mushrikhina are the idol worshippers
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2009
kola oloye:

let me help our muslim brothers grin

Is it an assumption or a fact?  The weblink below has something interesting to say.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1104/1104_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/information/religions/islam/#worship
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by olabowale(m): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
@Olaadegbu: « #538 on: Yesterday at 06:37:59 PM »

Quote from: sammyzacks on January 12, 2009, 05:21 PM
If God= Allah
then,
god= ?

god; idol or not, as object of worship of anybody is ila. So Jesus is ila of the Christian. So Holy ghost is also ila of the Christian. So also, is the Father as ila of the christian. A man who woships his wife in his heart and behavior has her as his ila. A woman that does the same towards her husband has him as her ila. A business man or woman who loves money and all the trimmings of it has these as the ila. ila or god does not have to be physical image, idol, statue, etc alone.

Now Allah meaning The God, or The Object of Worship, is Unseen. Everyone, except you guys, (I am assuming that your heart does not go to something higher than yourself, immediately when you hear the word "God", or 'god in your case of multihead god christian worship'), knows that there is an Entity Higher than self, sometime, especially in time of need, stress, difficulty, etc.

Even the atheist knows that there is The God, except that the atheist tries so hard to factor The God out of things. You must have said "oh God" before. I hope that you are not referring to an idol?

Allah is a proper name of The God, The Only One that Muslims worship. He had no image in Kaaba, yet the Mushrikuun (idolators) of Arabia knew He existed. Every society knows that The God existed. Talk to Hindus in London, Olaadegbu. Ak him about The God. You will see him raising him head and turning his face to heavens. Yet his idols are all in his temple. He knows that these idols are not The God that you are talking about.

boys, the joke is on you. The Boy from Muhammad (AS) have answered your question.

@kola oloye (m): « #539 on: Today at 09:52:23 AM »

Quote from: sammyzacks on January 12, 2009, 05:21 PM
If God= Allah
then,
god= ?

kola- a word from the yorubas; a name
Kola Oloye is a proper name of a male from yoruba tribe. He is member of the Nairaland; specifically the religion section. (Baba agba, and people know that it is you and not just another Kola. Yet I have not pinpointed you hard enough with the things I know about you. Afterall how many Kola in your Oloye family?). You can now get the idea from this simple response that Allah is not an idol, or image or deity, but Deity, Object of Worship without Image or being an Idol.

@OLAADEGBU: « #540 on: Today at 10:05:56 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: kola oloye on Today at 09:52:23 AM

What is it called in Arabic?

ila.

@kola oloye (m): « #541 on: Today at 10:07:44 AM »

let me help our muslim brothers

You are describing yourself man? A yoruba man who does not know every yoruba expression will love to teach Qur'aanic Arabic. Your professor wasPilgrim.1, am sure. Ni bo lomode no tie wa gon? I wish you well, sisi.

Kola, god means ila. This is the fake gods; father, ghost, son, buddha, etc. Allah means The God. The God Who is not represented by image, statue, etc. Whatever you can structure Him to be, as in conceptualization, He Allah the almighty is not. So He is not anyone who had walked this earth tht Only He created. He is not the "old man with aged beard" in the sky. No amount of thinking can get you to capture His Essence, except that you know about Him through what He creates, that you see around you. Start with yourself, first and go out to see His wonderful Power and Majesty.

@OLAADEGBU (m): « #542 on: Today at 12:28:40 PM »

Quote from: kola oloye on Today at 10:07:44 AM
let me help our muslim brothers

Is it an assumption or a fact? The weblink below has something interesting to say.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1104/1104_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/information/religions/islam/#worship

The link is created by Mutamushrik or Al Kitab; both are enemies of Allah, His Angels (Jibril, Mikail, etc), His ordained religion, His Prophets and those who are Muminu (true believers). Go to an Islamic places in London, Olaadegbu. Get good knowledge, Kola Oloye. Abeokuta is a good Muslim city. Abuja is not bad, too. Lets grow up and stop acting like deceitful children. We are to be sincere in our question and answer, and not disgenuous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / NL Arabic Learning Thread :) / Obasanjo Builds N350M Mosque And Arabic School In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.