Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

God and Allah: Are they the same? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / God and Allah: Are they the same? (18298 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Is There Any Difference Between The Christian God And The Muslim Allah?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Seun(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2005
It doesn't seem to have gone bad, yet.

Kayode is a muslim and he's yet to declare fatwa on Nairaland. If a muslim asks me to remove this topic, and gives reasons backed by the Holy Quran, I'll remove it.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2005
Then we are here to see how easy to prove that Allah in not God. Who is Allah then?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by IAH(f): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2005
So this thread is still here...
I think Jesimiel has a point there...one "Allah" has a son and the other "Allah" does not.
Food for thought.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 8:13am On Aug 09, 2005
IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
The title "son of God" is frequent in the Old Testament. The word "son" was employed among the Semites to signify not only filiation, but other close connexion or intimate relationship. Thus, "a son of strength" was a hero , a warrior, "son of wickedness" a wicked man, "sons of pride" wild beasts, "son of possession" a possessor, "son of pledging" a hostage, "son of lightning" a swift bird, "son of death" one doomed to death, "son of a bow" an arrow, "son of Belial" a wicked man, "sons of prophets" disciples of prophets etc. The title "son of God" was applied in the Old Testament to persons having any special relationship with God. Angels, just and pious men, the descendants of Seth, were called "sons of God" (Job, i, 6; ii, 1; Ps. lxxxviii, 7; Wisd., ii, 13; etc.). In a similar manner it was given to Israelites (Deut., xiv, l); and of Israel, as a nation, we read: "And thou shalt say to him: Thus saith the Lord: Israel is my son, my firstborn. I have said to thee: Let my son go, that he may serve me" (Ex., iv, 22 sq.).
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2005
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
The title "the Son of God" is frequently applied to Jesus Christ in the Gospels and Epistles. In the latter it is everywhere employed as a short formula for expressing His Divinity (Sanday); and this usage throws light on the meaning to be attached to it in many passages of the Gospels. The angel announced: "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the most High... the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God" (Luke, i, 32, 35). Nathaniel, at his first meeting, called Him the Son of God (John, i, 49). The devils called Him by the same name, the Jews ironically, and the Apostles after He quelled the storm. In all these cases its meaning was equivalent to the Messias, at least. But much more is implied in the confession of St. Peter, the testimony of the Father, and the words of Jesus Christ.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2005
You will agree with me that one can protest by looking for faults of others, that brought the question that One God has son and
500 years later 
[4.170] O people! surely the Apostle has come to you with the truth from your Lord, therefore believe, (it shall be) good for you and If you disbelieve, then surely whatever is in the heavens and the earth is Allah's; and Allah is Knowing, Wise.
[4.171] O followers of the Book!(BIBLE) do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa (JESUS CHRIST)son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kazey(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2005
Someone saved the day . THats why i love Nairaland. Full of intelligent intellectuals, who take their time to research and lay down real facts not just mere opinions based on what they feel like saying, or what they want to understand.

I really appreciate your post HND HOLDER. Keep up the good work.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Seun(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2005
Actually, kazey, IAH deserved the credit for that observation.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Remedy(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2005
content deleted
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2005
Who is GOD  and who is Allah then?

(God the father, Godthe son and God the Holy Spirit) 3 in one. Can we then say God the Father is Allah?
But
Allah is only one God says Holy Quran. I need more explanations Please base on your post
Saying God and Allah are the same is as good as saying Christianity and Islam is the same. I do not think they are the same.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kazey(m): 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2005
Remedy:

Saying God and Allah are the same is as good as saying Christianity and Islam is the same. I do not think they are the same.

I really believe that this guy doesnt read at all before posting. Before you say anything, not only on this thread. Please read the previous intellectual contributions, and from that digest and reason, and then post. Thank you.

The topic is very simple God and Allah: Are they the same? Why? Please contribute based on what people have already said, what is wrong with it? or add on it? don't just come and say something totally out of space.

No offence intended, just that I really think you should know.

Thank you IAH too. I guess I missed your precise and accurate post.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 8:37am On Aug 12, 2005
i don't think G-d and allah are the same. G-d is white and Allah is Black
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2005
But the HOLY QURAN says ALLAH is ONE God, Do you have another source? please tell us. Where did you read that Allah is black?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by nike4luv(f): 11:23am On Aug 12, 2005
how u kno Allah is black

wait..in my own perspective, i think God and Allah is the same but people have different believes bout them., cos i studies islam for a bit and it says theres only one God but think about it if God and Allan are not the same then dat would be 2 Gods and its meant to be one God so i think God and Allah are the same, they all Gods

PLus..who cares as long as we call our God and he answers us
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2005
HND HOLDER:

But the HOLY QURAN says ALLAH is ONE God, Do you have another source? please tell us. Where did you read that Allah is black?

it's called logic/reason HND.
of course they don't say it in the bible or quran.duh!

BTW, close your eyes...imagine yourself with G.d what do you see. be honest now.. isn't it some white giant with white hair and white long beard?

now...close your eyes and imagine yourself w/ allah.  it's going to be different. you'll probably see some black/arab/middle eastern or whatever. he is also a giant  but with a muslim thing on his head .

at least that's the way i see it in my mind. and I DIDN'T READ IT FROM ANY BOOK. I SEE THE PICTURES THEY HANG ON CHURCHES AND MOSQUES AND OTHER PLACES.

these two beings only exist in human hearts by the way. it's not like you can fly up to heaven and see g-d or allah.

the whites introduced christianity to africa so we have to do it like they told us.
if you told a white guy about some sango or Nigerian god/idol .......not that they're stupid enough to believe in it or anything------ a picture of some old african guy will come to their mind...

it's called logic/ reason and how the human mind works.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Remedy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2005
content deleted
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2005
didn't i make it clear enough? angry

allah (the arabian/black one w/ the muslim thing on his head) is black people's G-D (non-muslims excluded)
and G-d(the white one w/ white long beard) is white people's G-d. ( some blacks like me included)
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by nike4luv(f): 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2005
lol..didnt i make it clear
THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD..!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kazey(m): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2005
Remedy:

And KAzey:[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

You need to try and understand things in a matured way.
You speak like a toddler.
How old are U.

This is indeed what I am talking about.Maturity at display indeed. rolleyes Someone trying to use "Age supremacy in a forum". Well I think you got, my message, your next reply said it all, and that is what is important here. Thank you. Your input is appreciated.Good day.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 9:42am On Aug 15, 2005
So the house agreed that Allah is one God but He is BLACK /Arab God

and another God is a white/Europe God. Is that the stand of the House?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 9:43am On Aug 15, 2005
grin grin yes
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by hotangel2(f): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2005
I have no stand! God can be anythang he wants to be. All i know is he should act like God.!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2005
My sisiter, How do you want God to act? Definitely not like Allah!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by hotangel2(f): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2005
L.o.L he can act anyway! God is meant to be a[b] good [/b]man. So he has to act good.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 12:01am On Aug 16, 2005
HND, what do you mean not like Allah.. what did he do to you?......did he kill your grandpa?

HND, why do you associate black w/evil. you're black you know.

and let me tell you this the black people that worship allah are smart. they have a concept of a G-d that not only looks like them but the one they can relate to....

the whites that worship christian G-d (let's call him jehovah) are also smart. he looks like them and they can relate to him.....
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by sage(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2005
u guyz are trying to start inter religious combat here.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Latoya(f): 6:09am On Aug 16, 2005
Allah is the arabic translation of God

1 Like

Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by delarontus(f): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2005
Administrator, I don't know why you still let this thread continue. Are you waiting for people to start throwing missiles at themselves before you stop it? Certain posters are becoming blasphemous because they have little or no knowledge of the topic.

I do not think the author of this topic intended this type of discourse and i speak vehemently against it.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2005
delarontus:

Administrator, I don't know why you still let this thread continue. Are you waiting for people to start throwing missiles at themselves before you stop it? Certain posters are becoming blasphemous because they have little or no knowledge of the topic.

I do not think the author of this topic intended this type of discourse and i speak vehemently against it.
and remember that Seun said Re: God and Allah: Are they the same?
« #32 on: August 03, 2005, 05:25 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It doesn't seem to have gone bad, yet.

Kayode is a muslim and he's yet to declare fatwa on Nairaland. If a muslim asks me to remove this topic, and gives reasons backed by the Holy Quran, I'll remove it.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kazey(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2005
Allow me to go off topic here.

There is something we call "exposure". I believe that can be achieved through interaction with different people from different cultural backgrounds etc and the moment we all start accepting other peoples "personal" views with a pinch of salt if we don't agree to it . The better.

Online forums for example, involves sharing of knowledge, etc in written words. We are not screaming for christ sake, we are just bastartizing the e-world with words on how we feel, and what we feel like saying. You don't need to use an ear plug to avoid hearing what we are screaming!!. You can just avoid such threads.

And thats the best way to express yourself without looking into "someones eyes". Nairaland has provided the avenue for such expressions, and anyone can express himself or herself without thinking of the likelihood of getting arrested by a law official etc. And we should appreciate that.

I think Nairaland has achieved a lot, and I would like to say that if you really don't like, as in the way people express their views on nairaland freely whilst still abiding by its rules. Avoid the threads that have sensitive titles. I guess that would work for everybody.

The same people would be shouting for Freedom of speech. How Ironical.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2005
this thread needs to die. really.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kazey(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2005
Reasons? Why? Really so far , I have not seen any reason? Please do tell us the reason why this thread should go off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. / Mentally Challenged Man Recites Hadith, Quotes Quran (video) / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.