Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

God and Allah: Are they the same? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / God and Allah: Are they the same? (18232 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Is There Any Difference Between The Christian God And The Muslim Allah?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 4:47am On Aug 18, 2005
reasons? hell yeah i'll give you reasons:

1) this thread will only lead to a (religious e.t.c) combat

2) me, HND and Latoya reached a conclusion (compromise is more like it) that G-d and Allah are the same except allah is the arabic translation of G-d and  the christian G-d is more like a white translation and pretty much everyone agreed.

3)  i'm only using reversed psychology on you. hehe. keep posting.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2005
No fight eh. Old man can not be in the market and watch a child with twisted neck at the back of his mother To.. to ...to ....if it look like proverb.

Please I do not want to compromise again Who is God

God is a spirit that I can not see, but clearly looking at me, He has the knowledge of everything and he can do everything.
Who is ALLAH then?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kazey(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2005
hum a combat? Because of religious difference? in a matured intellectual environment ? hum you better be "reverse psycologising" me as you said grin
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2005
okay. it's your turn to give me three solid reasons why this thread shouldn't die... go ahead tell me.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by kazey(m): 1:34am On Aug 19, 2005
I already stated the reason in my previous post. But if I must add to it, here it comes

1. [/b]I respect the way people share their personal opinions on this topic in questions besides the real facts laid down.

[b]2.
If we close the avenue to open up our heart and share our difference in taught , how would we move forward in life?

[b]3. [/b]There is the need for us to know our difference, and be exposed to diverse and wide knowledge in both the religious and cultural department.

And i guess if there was already an understanding, a lot of people wouldn't be shouting that this would lead to a fight.

I guess thats why there has been past occurencies of bloodshed in various Nigerian states because of simple religious misunderstanding, and i would say this is primarily due to lack of exposure and basic understanding, that there would always be a difference in belief even within members of the same religion. And there must be the ability to respect other peoples choice and decision in life.

I believe that we do need this type of dialogs to help us open our mind, and adjust our deep emotional tension, that tends to burst out in our real life activities when it comes to religious discussions.

We need to move ahead, and this is just the beginning. So let us all Open our mind and and let it out. Say Whatever we have always feel and wanted to say. That is the only way forward.

And this is how we get exposed.

My advise to the fanatics, is keep away from the threads with topics, that might arose your emotions. If you can't take it, just don't participate. You can avoid reading. Thank Goodness you don't need an ear plug. And to the rest with the good hearted soul, keep sharing and mingling. For Heaven awaits Thee.

I didnt say so grin
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2005
More lubricants in your joints.
Full support. Good talk from Kazey
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by WesleyanA(f): 6:15am On Aug 20, 2005
kazey i know you're online.  cheesy.

@HND allah is the muslim G-d. how on earth would you not know that?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by rashman(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2005
ALLAH IS THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by cushman(m): 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2005
cheesy
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Master(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2005
God is an English name for the Almighty while Allah is a native name for the Almighty.To me they are all the same but it depends on how u call or use it.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by otokx(m): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2005
no they are not.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 7:27am On Oct 28, 2005
I would say that if we are looking at G-d as being the creator of all, the all knowing, most merciful, the one who controls all, then yes Allah and G-d is the same in that sense.

If we are looking at how Christians or others look at G-d in the trinity then I would say NO they are not the same.
Muslims do not believe in Allah being made up of three and do not associate Allah with anyone or source, not even Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

If we are looking at the terms in the context of the language terms then I would say firmly NO.
From my understanding the term G-D is also associated with human beings, in the sense of man being a supreme being. In the Greek mythology men are associated with G-d in the sense of a human being mastering or perfecting a certain science. Women are also associated with G-d in Greek mythology as being goddesses, women who have perfected a certain science. According to the Webster dictionary G-d means a human being, being worshiped as the creator and ruler of the universe.

Even the term Lord in Christianity is known to be another name for G-d. Yet this term is also associated with human beings. In America any property owner who leases out his property is called The Land-Lord being attributed to having ownership of something or according to the Webster dictionary a man having rank or high position, one having power or authority over others. 

The term G-D in Islam is known and understood to be an attribute of Allah. A attribute is an characteristic. Example I am considered to be optimistic but this characteristic only describes part of my make up, so it does not define me completely, nor does it stand on it's on because there are many other aspects of me.

Muslims accept the notion that Allah has granted man rulership over certain things, such as the earth. In Islam Man is known as the Kalifah (The leader or ruler) meaning the ruler of the earth. Rulership is very different from being the creator.
In Islam man is to be the Kalifah of the earth, meaning that since Allah has made mankind the highest form of creation living on the planet earth, mankind has a responsibility to take care of the earth, being the guardian of the earth but still not the creator of the earth.

Allah trusts Man to co-create and rule over most of his own affairs according to Allah's will, yet that does not put man in the position of being the creator of everything that exsist, because man can not and did not create the sun, moon, tree's and stars.
Man will die before he reaches the sun (due to the nature of fire), man will be sucked into the moon before he reaches it (due to nature gravity of (pull).

Allah has many attributes that Muslims use when describing Allah, during prayer and salat, but when addressing Allah in the most proper form Muslims use the term Allah.

The term Allah means the "All in All".
This term is inclusive of every form of creation and existence leaving nothing out, so it is qualified to stand Alone.

So these would be some of the reasons from my understanding of why G-D and Allah is different in many ways.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by coolstuff4real(m): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2005
God and Allah are never the same, if u have the opportunity to read the quran u will see that all the names and qualities attributed to Allah is totally the opposite of God's qualities we all know. Get a quran and find then out for yourself, then reply back to this forum thx Pple.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2005
God and allah r two diff pple. Do christians and muslims share d same beliefs. Nope. if u say they do , then why don't christians go around killing pple all in d name of religion and fighting a religious war.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2005
So glad this thread was left on so I can get my 2 cents in   wink

I picked and chose these quotes:

I think Jesimiel has a point there...one "Allah" has a son and the other "Allah" does not.
Food for thought.
The title "son of God" was applied in the Old Testament to persons having any special relationship with God.
Here is some more "food for thought"

Jesus was the Son of God because He obeyed and honoured the Father by doing His will here on the earth.  Speaking His Words.  So, any one of us, following Jesus' example can be a Son of God, also.

1Jo 3:1-3
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

...so, who ever speaks the words of Allah can and could be his son...

Problem solved....
  except for this:

[4.170] O people! surely the Apostle has come to you with the truth from your Lord, therefore believe, (it shall be) good for you and If you disbelieve, then surely whatever is in the heavens and the earth is Allah's; and Allah is Knowing, Wise.
[4.171] O followers of the Book!(BIBLE) do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa (JESUS CHRIST)son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.

(God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit) 3 in one. Can we then say God the Father is Allah?
But
Allah is only one God says Holy Quran. I need more explanations Please..

De 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD

Mal 2:10
Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

God is not 3 in one, He is One    plus, His Word, Jesus    and His Holy Spirit (feminine side)
  this makes  Father (masculine), Son (generic for son/daughter) and Holy Spirit, Mother

and of course this:

i don't think God and Allah are the same. God is white and Allah is Black

Thank God that He is color-blind  cool

Joh 9:39
And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Joh 9:41
Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth

Joh 4:24
God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Joh 3:6-8
That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

So...................    What "color" is the wind...?   

Flesh "sees" color but Spirit doesn't ... anyone talking "color" is not speaking from the Spirit...

I guess that is all for now

Thank You for listening
RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2005
PrettyH,

Just saw this:
why don't christians go around killing people all in d name of religion and fighting a religious war
Check out history...christians do "go around killing people all in d name of religion and fighting a religious war"  always have and always will, till the Creator of us all steps in and stops this madness.

Your will be done, Father
RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by nferyn(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2005
@ prettyH,
I hate tu burst your bubble of ignorance (actually, I don't grin ), but Christians have been involved in far more bloodshed, murder and killing than the Muslims ever will be capable of.
Are you aware of some historical facts, such as the Crusades, the (Holy) Inquisition, the Reformation and Contrareformation (and the wars that followed), the witch hunts, ...

Millions and millions of people have been massacred by Good Christians before. Do not go looking for a spliter in someone elses eye while you still have a treetrunk in yours.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2005
God and allah r two diff people. Do christians and muslims share d same beliefs. Nope. if u say they do , then why don't christians go around killing people all in d name of religion and fighting a religious war.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pretty or Ugly or whatever you call yourself,
I have watched you patiently for a while now as you have crawled surreptitiously all over the fora giving your idiotic responses. You've never posted anything intelligent, but insults and abuses. People discuss and disagree with one another intelligently; certain debates might be hotly approached and contested, their outbursts; however harshly, are ever backed and supported by rational reasons and sensible explanation. But these have not been the case with you, ALHERI, LAYI, and sometimes GOODGUY. Why? Because you guys have been blinded by whatever religious "kool aid" you've been drinking since God knows when. If you guys cannot discuss religious issues without resorting to insulting people of other faiths or beliefs, e.g. the Muslims, I think it'll be better for you to keep your mouths shut! Now get this right in your heads: To corroborate what others have posted in their humble attempts at checkmating your excesses and madness, I would like to remind you that before George W Bush started this ongoing senseless war in Iraq, he proclaimed it a "crusade" against the "evil people" -- it was after so many right thinking individuals (including the opposition party, The Democrats) utterly condemned this untoward outburst of his that he apologized and moved away from ever using misguided languages like that. Have you ever heard of the Crusaders? Did you know what happen during the Crusade? Please, study well and know about your religion before you just run around saying just about anything.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2005
....EXCUSE ME! What the hell are you saying here ajisafe or what ever it is you call yourself? When did I ever insult muslims on this forum? When? If anyone has been drinking cool aid here its you. Youve probably gone and taken an over dose of "allo" water. You know, you are so full of yourself cos whoever it is on this forum is backing you up. If youre hoping to intimidate anyone here,Youre in for a shocker. I for one will not tolerate your nonsense. I am not and will never be like you, I dont hate on people cause of there faith. I have countless friends and relatives that are muslims and will always respect there beliefs. If what PrettyH said offended You,though i dont even understand how, What has that got to do with me? Mr. Man. RESPECT yoursef, okay?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2005
@ ajisafe

omg, did i strike a nerve. see God and allah r two diff pple . guess u've got a problem with christians obviously. as far as i'm concerned if u like go and drown urself o, i really don't care. Christians will speak their minds u like it or not. I've not got a problem wiv u, infact why shd i? u r a faceless person on nairaland

if u've got a problem with me deal with it. i only said the truth, so don't know why u r pissed. abi did i tell a lie

and if u want to know am prettier than u'd ever realise.

And boy pls get a life.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Seun(m): 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2005
Everybody please calm down! Discussions like this are necessary but we need peacemakers wo make them constructive. If you're interested in being a peacemaker please send a PM to Vexxy. Thanks.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2005
Pick ME,  pick ME  grin

Isa 6:8
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?[b] Then said I, [b] Here am I; send me.

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2005
This is interesting
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2005
Do christians and muslims share d same beliefs. Nope. if u say they do , then why don't christians go around killing people all in d name of religion and fighting a religious war.

The Holy Qur'an tells us in Chapter 3, "Ali Imraan":

He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book
    In it are the verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning);
    They are the Foundations of the Book and others, which are
    Allegorial. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part
    Therefore that is allegorical, seeking discord, ....

Brethren,
So many ignorant folks have based their  knowledge or, should I say, lack of knowledge about religions (theirs and others) on hearsays via their misguided religious leaders, perverted parents, and unscrupulous political leaders, who themselves don't have an idea of why certain things are the way they are. Instead of these buffoons to go out and seek more lights, they tend to follow those aforementioned like goons.

THE CRUSADES AND MUSLIM RESPONSE TO MILITANT CHRISTIANITY

Although both originated from the same monotheistic roots, the relationship between Islam and Christianity has been more often than not that of "cat and mouse," which is marked by confrontation in lieu of peaceful coexistence and educational dialogue. In one hand, the Christians have always characterized Islam as nothing other than "the religion of the sword." On the other hand, Christianity has been seen as the epitome of the brutish and terroristic armies of the Crusades. Right from the advent of Islam, both religions have been locked in a theological and political struggle. Why? Because, Islam, in clear contrast to the other lesser influential world religions, has ever threatened both the religious and political ascendancy of Christianity. The powerfully invigorated Muslim armies routed the Eastern Roman empire, Spain and the Mediterranean (from Sicily to Anatolia). Simultaneously, Islam confronted and debunked Christian religious claims and authority. Even though it emerged hundreds of years after the formation of Christianity, Islam claimed to supersede Christian revelation. Readers should note that, while Islam acknowledges (and is aware of) God's revelation through scores of prophets from Adam to Jesus, Islam rubbishes and rejects the doctrine based on the divinity of Jesus, the finality of Christian revelation and the authority of the church. Otherwise, it called on Mankind (Jews, Christians, Sabians, Buddhists, animists and all) to accept the finality of both the revelation (Qur'an) and prophecy (Muhammad) in Islam. Islam's universal appeal and charisma  had resulted in the spread of Muslim rule across the Christian territories thusly penetrating deep into the Christian hearts. To the Christian Europe, this was a big threat so, they had to do something drastic. The response was decisively belligerent, hostile, and intolerant. Their "men of God" embarked upon a campaign of character assasination by villifying the Holy Prophet Muhammad as an imposter and; also, dubbing him the "anti-Christ." Vehemently, Islam was dismissed as nothing but a religion of the sword -- even till today, you can still hear this heretical nonsense from the mouths of ignorant neo-Crusaders. These uninformed fanatics saw Jesus' short-lived ministry and "un-married" life as being pure and holy, where as, the Prophet Muhammad's well-lived, family oriented life as nothing but infidelity that was propelled by a lust for power and women. According to John L. Esposito, author of Islam: the straight path, "This attitude was preserved and perpetuated in [Western] literature such as the Divine Comedy, where Dante consigned [Holy Prophet] Muhammad to the lowest level of hell. Christian fears were fully realized as Islam became a world power and civilization while Christianity staggered and stagnated in its Dark Ages" (63).

Folks, by circa 11th century, Christendom's inability to stop Islam reached its peak, so the so-called religion of peace, Christianity, had to resort to jungle justice in its quest to reconquer (the Reconquista) Spain between 1000-1492 CE (please, folks, "CE" here stands for Common Era since the more educated and informed world has now moved away from both the "BC" and "AD," and not Christian Era as some uneducated Nigerian Christians are wont to believe) and Italy and Sicily in 1061 CE, and the eventual brutal campaigns through frequent and numerous Christian holy wars better known as the Crusades -- these unfortunate reigns of terror spanned between 1095-1453 CE; so many Muslim lives were lost including women and children even food crops and livestocks were not spared.

THE HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD AS A MAN OF PEACE, WHO ONLY REACTED AGAINST HIS ENEMIES THROUGH DIVINE AUTHORITY

Right from the 4th year of the Holy Prophet's Call, bitter hatred and attritional persecutions of Muslims emerged. These first Muslims were mainly simple folks who could not even defend themselves cry cry cry cry. In other to save lives and salvage Islam, the Prophet then advised a group of fourteen Muslims (10 men and 4 women) to flee to Abyssinia -- now, modern day Ethiopia. Contrary to what hate-filled Christians are doing nowadays, the ruler of Abyssinia, Emperor Najjashi (the Negus) -- a Christian, who was internationally reputed for his piety and justice, treated the Islamic refugees with kindness. They lived there for years, and the resultant effect was that their host, Emperor Najjashi, converted to Islam. Today, ask anybody, there are more Muslims in Ethiopia than the Christians.

The Muslims who stayed behind in Mecca, with the Holy Prophet, were put to misery and cruel tortures. These believers, including our dear Prophet, were laid under the hot sun on the desert sands with bare bodies with heavy stones placed on them so they could not move. (I can tell you about the intensity of the Arabian sun -- when I went for the pilgrimage, we stayed in a five star hotel directly opposite the Great Mosque of Ka'bah. It was a horrendous task for me to come out of my air-conditioned high brow hotel and walk for less than one minute to the blessed Mosque. Imagine stripping human beings of their dignity and made them to suffer a constant exposure to this monster 24-hour, day and night, for two years!) Every passing moment, they were lashed, mocked, derided, scorned at, and starved. Their offense? They dared to believe in One God, the Almighty, the Creator of the Universe and all things in it, in lieu of giving in to the insane ideas of worshipping man-made idols. In the 6th year of the Call, more and more Muslims fled Mecca into Abyssinia.

The people of Mecca were unrelented in their persecution of the believers and our Holy Prophet. Finding no support in Mecca, he decided to go to a nearby town of Taif -- about 50 miles from downtown Mecca ( when I made the Haj, I intended to vist this town, but the rigor of the pilgrimage was too much that I shelved the idea until next time, God willing). This town, Taif, is mountainous and rugged. The Prophet hoped to be hosted, but he was met with greater persecutions; he was mercilessly pelted with stones and bricks, so much that blood began to ooze out profusely from every part of his body. Why? Because he opposed the way of false gods. On top of these, yet, he smilingly prayed for Taif and its inhabitants: "Oh, Allah! Forgive Taif and its people; they do not know what they do." The tradition had it that the highest peak in Taif asked if it could shift and rise in anger to overwhelm the whole township of Taif and crush everything to death, but the Holy Prophet told the angry mountain not to do so. That if it did that how would Taif's children and great-grand children know about Islam? So folks, tell me, what type of a man was that? A very kind and peace-loving man, right?

In the beginning of the 14th year of the Call, Jibril (Gabriel) informed the Holy Prophet about the enemy's plan of action. He then gave him the order, from Allah, for migration. The Holy Prophet then went to Abu Bakr's house to tell him that Allah had given permision for migration. Abu Bakr was a very wealthy individual -- comparable only to Bill Gate in today's assessment --, who was ready to give everything he had to propagate Islam. He told the Prophet of his willingness to join him in the Flight; he was so joyful when the Prophet agreed that he offered two camels (one for each man) for the journey. Folks, listen properly, as this is highly important. The Prophet declined to take the camel. Why? He was quoted as saying: "I will not ride a camel that is not my own." What! A person of Bill Gate's worth offered you something as a gift and you asked to pay for it instead! Abu Bakr eventually accepted the payment of 400 dirhams for the camel. I don't know what 400 dirhams are worth in today's dollar or naira, but the key point here is that our Holy Prophet paid for his own camel. They both proceeded on the night journey to Yathrib, which was later renamed Medina -- a 300-mile journey in an unbearable condition through ravines and rocky tracts, and the rest was history. This is what the Muslims refer to as Al Hijrah (Hegirah) -- this period in time actually pionered the Islamic calendar from which "AH" (After Hijrah) sprang.   

The pagans of Mecca were very angry at their failure to kill the Holy Prophet. When the news of the hospitable reception of the Prophet in Yathrib reached Mecca, the idol worshippers almost suffered a heart attack. So they plotted various ways to infiltrate the city of Yathrib in order to frustrate the spread of Islam. They would lay ambush on the outskirts of the city, killing and maiming the Muslims at will.

REVELATIONS FOR FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE

For quite so long, the Holy Prophet bore the pangs of injustices and tolerated the religious persecution and oppressions of him and the Muslims. To placate the oppressors, he sent more and more Muslims out of Mecca. The oppressors were unrelented, so Allah commanded him to leave Mecca, his birth place! They, the persecutors, followed him to the new abode. It was obvious that they wanted to destroy him and the religion of Islam. The people of Yathrib knew that in order for them to survive the frequent terrorism, they had to fight back! Yet, the Prophet was hesitant to fight -- he was not the type that did things out of sheer emotion or tantrums. He told them that war meant nothing but destruction, killing, looting, maiming, and etc. He asked them to tell him how possible would it be for him to become harsh on the very people for whom he had been sent as a guide and mercy. So it was, for a very long time, until the Revelations to fight against oppressions and aggression started pouring in.

For your perusal and education, here are few excerpts:

"And fight for the cause of Allah against those who wage war against you,
                                     But do not commit aggression... Allah is Forgiving, Merciful (Qur'an 2:190-192)."

"Fighting has been ordained for you though you may hate it;... For Allah knows
                                      and you don't (Qur'an 2:216)."

"Permission to fight is given unto those...saying: Our Lord is Allah (Qur'an 22:39-40)."

What others say about Muhammad:

"HE WAS AN ENTHUSIAST IN THAT NOBLEST SENSE WHEN ENTHUSIASM BECOMES THE SALT OF THE EARTH. THE ONE THING THAT KEEPS MEN FROM ROTTING WHILST THEY LIVE.

ENTHUSIASM IS OFTEN USED DESPITEFULLY, BECAUSE IT IS JOINED TO AN UNWORTHY CAUSE, OR FALLS UPON BARREN GROUND AND BEARS NO FRUIT. SO WAS IT NOT WITH MOHAMMED. HE WAS THE ONE THING NEEDED TO SET THE WORLD AFLAME. AND HIS ENTHUSIASM WAS NOBLE FOR A NOBLE CAUSE.

HE WAS ONE OF THOSE HAPPY FEW WHO HAVE ATTAINED THE SUPREME JOY OF MAKING ONE GREAT TRUTH THEIR VERY LIFE-SPRING.

HE WAS THE MESSENGER OF THE ONE GOD; AND NEVER TO HIS LIFE'S END DID HE FORGET WHO HE WAS, OR THE MESSAGE WHICH WAS THE MARROW OF HIS BEING. HE BROUGHT HIS TIDINGS TO HIS PEOPLE WITH A GRAND DIGNITY SPRUNG FROM THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF HIS HIGH OFFICE, TOGETHER WITH A MOST SWEET HUMILITY, WHOSE ROOTS LAY IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIS OWN WEAKNESS."  - Stanley Lane Poole 

"HE WAS CAESAR AND POPE IN ONE; BUT HE WAS POPE WITHOUT THE POPE'S PRETENTIONS. AND CAESAR WITHOUT THE LEGIONS OF CAESAR: WITHOUT A STANDING ARMY, WITHOUT A BODYGUARD, WITHOUT A PALACE, WITHOUT A FIXED REVENUE; IF EVER ANY MAN HAD THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT HE RULED BY THE RIGHT DIVINE, IT WAS MOHAMMAD, FOR HE HAD ALL THE POWERS WITHOUT ITS INSTRUMENTS AND WITHOUT ITS SUPPORTS." - R. Bosworth Smith, "mohammad and mohammadanism," London 1874, p. 92

"THERE ARE MORE PROFESSING CHRISTIANS IN THE WORLD..., BUT THERE ARE MORE PRACTISING MUSLIMS IN THE WORLD THAN PRACTISING CHRISTIANS." - R.V.C. Bodley (the American) in "The Messenger: The Life of Mohammed." U.S.A. 1969

"IF GREATNESS OF PURPOSE, SMALLNESS OF MEANS AND OUTSTANDING RESULTS ARE THE CRITERIA OF HUMAN GENIUS, WHO COULD DARE TO COMPARE ANY GREAT MAN IN MODERN HISTORY WITH MUHAMMAD?...PHILOSOPHER, ORATOR, APOSTLE, LEGISLATOR, WARRIOR, CONQUEROR OF IDEAS, RESTORER OF RATIONAL BELIEFS...WITHOUT IMAGES: THE FOUNDER OF TWENTY TERRESTRIAL EMPIRES AND OF ONE SPIRITUAL EMPIRE, THAT IS MUHAMMAD. AS REGARDS ALL STANDARDS BY WHICH HUMAN GREATNESS MAY BE MEASURED, WE MAY WELL ASK, IS THERE ANY MAN GREATER THAN HE?" - Lamartine, "Historie de la Turquie," Paris 1854

"THE CREED OF MOHAMMED IS FREE FROM THE SUSPICIONS OF AMBIGUITY AND THE KORAN IS A GLORIOUS TESTIMONY TO THE UNITY OF GOD." - Gibbon in his "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire."

"THE MORE I STUDY THE MORE I DISCOVER THAT THE STRENGTH OF ISLAM DOES NOT LIE IN THE SWORD." - Mahatma Gandhi the father of modern India, in "Young India."

"THE SWORD INDEED: BUT WHERE WILL YOU GET YOUR SWORD! EVERY NEW OPINION AT ITS STARTING, IS PRECISELY IN A MINORITY OF ONE. IN ONE MAN'S HEAD ALONE, THERE IT DWELLS AS YET. ONE MAN ALONE [AND] THE WHOLE WORLD BELIEVES IT: THERE IS ONE MAN AGAINST ALL MEN. THAT HE TAKES A SWORD AND TRIES TO PROPAGATE WITH THAT, WILL DO LITTLE FOR HIM. YOU MUST FIRST GET YOUR SWORD! ON THE WHOLE, A THING WILL PROPAGATE ITSELF AS IT CAN. WE DO NOT FIND, OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION EITHER, THAT IT ALWAYS DISDAINED THE SWORD, WHEN ONCE IT HAD GOT ONE. CHARLEMAGNE'S CONVERSION OF THE SAXONS WAS NOT BY THE PREACHING." - Thomas Carlyle in his "Heros and Hero-Worship," p. 80 

Now, folks, who was and is still the "terrorist"? Allah knows best. smiley kiss
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 8:45am On Nov 25, 2005
God and Allah: are They the same?
I thought that was they topic of this thread? Who said we should write an essay on religious terrorism. Well,moderators this is our chance to know what is really going on in this forum.
And why should I be told to calm down when some A-hole is trying to insult me personally? BULLS**T!!!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by madam: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2005
@alheri  Thank u jo..  some people are argueing of contexts... but that does not mean u shd be that slangy....

@Seun u should never have allowed the God - Allah jist... see all the bitterness and black bells it has caused.... I just wander what so called topics u block
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2005
Do christians and muslims share d same beliefs. Nope. if u say they do , then why don't christians go around killing people all in d name of religion and fighting a religious war.

The Yoruba proverb says, "eniyan ti ko ni jobo-jobo l'apa ki i da'sa mo ki e ki e," -- if you can't fight don't start one!-- if you live in a glass-house, please, don't throw stones.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2005
Then start another thread and discuss religious voilence. There are rules on this forum and I want to BELIEVE that the administrator who has sent us all a message about speaking off point from the topic is watching what is happening. We are also watching to see your responce to all this Mr. administrator.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2005
Ajisafe has always had problems with Christians on this forum. As for him mentioning my name earlier, I have nothing to say to him. I'll just ignore that part.

Now back to the topic, I really don't think we should be trying to figure out whether God is Allah or not. As Nike said, who cares as long as we call our God and he answers us? Let's all hold on to what we believe in.

Thank you.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 8:27am On Nov 26, 2005

I have mentioned it severally on this forum that my own uncle is a Christian;in fact, I love this man more than my other uncles and aunts. OK? But, when folks, especially the Nigerian Christians, go around saying they are holy and pious, and that they don't "go around killing all in d name of religion and fighting a religious war," I, as a person, can't stomach such claims because I know the truth.

Then start another thread and discuss religious voilence. There are rules on this forum and I want to BELIEVE that the administrator who has sent us all a message about speaking off point from the topic is watching what is happening.
We are pretty much on course; we've not digressed at all! Check the above quote -- this was begun by your "Christian sister." All I have done, so far, is expose your level of ignorance when it comes to world religious knowledge and geopolitics. Yoruba people say, "eniyan t'o ju okuta oro, ni lati f'ori gba ogulutu," he who throws a pebble onto another should expect to be bombarded by hard rocks. If you have more arrows in your quiver, bring it on!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 10:11am On Nov 26, 2005
God and Allah are never the same, if u have the opportunity to read the quran u will see that all the names and qualities attributed to Allah is totally the opposite of God's qualities we all know. Get a quran and find then out for yourself, then reply back to this forum thx Pple.

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light, Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is knower of all things." (Qur'an 24:35)

If your own God's qualities are devoid of these, I am happy with Allah.

There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Sovereign, the Holy.
There is no God beside Allah, The Glorified, the Mighty, the Subduer.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Most Forgiving, the Merciful.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Bounteous, the Wise.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Powerful, the Fulfiller.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Incomprehensible, the All-Aware.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Besought of all, the God.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Most Forgiving, the Loving.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Disposer of Affairs, the Guarantor.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Watchful, the Guardian.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Ever-Existing, the Self-Subsisting.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lifegiver, the Destroyer.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Creator, the Make.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the High, the Incomparable in Majesty.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the One, the Unique.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Bestower of Security, the Protector.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Reckoner, the Witness.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Forbearing, the Noble.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the First, the Eternal.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the First, the Last.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Manifest, the Hidden.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Incomparably Great, the Most Exalted.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Fulfiller of needs.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, Most Gracious, Most merciful.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Glorified, the Lord of the Great Throne.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, My Lord, the Most Exalted.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Manifest Majest.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the One, the Most Supreme.
There is no God beside Allah, The Glorified, the All-Knowing, the Wise.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Coverer, the Great Forgiver.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, Most Gracious, Most Generous.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Incomparably Great, the Greatest.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the All-Knowing, the Omniscient.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Healer, the Competent.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, Incomparable in Majesty, the Survivor.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Besought of all, the Unique.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of the Earth and the Heavens.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Creator of the Creation.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, Who created the Night and the Day.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Creator, the Great Sustainer.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Opener of doors of success, the All-Knowing.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Mighty, the Self-Sufficient.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Most Forgiving, the Most Appreciating.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Incomparable in Majesty, the All-Knowing.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Dominion and Celestial Domains.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Honour and Greatness.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Awe and Power.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Majesty and Authority.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Coverer, the Incomparable in Majesty.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Knower of the Unseen.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Praiseworthy, the Lord of Honour.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Wise, the Eternal.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Omnipotent, the Coverer.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Self-Sufficient, the Incomparable in Majesty.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Omniscient, the Source of Peace.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Sovereign, the Great Helper.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Self-Sufficient, Most Gracious.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified the One Nearest to good actions.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Friend of Patient, the Coverer.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Creator, the Light.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Self-Sufficient, the Vanquisher.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Sublime, Most Appreciating.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Self-Sufficient, the Eternal.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Manifest Glory.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, Free from all blemish and imperfection.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Most Thankful about promise.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Watchful, the Guardian.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Manifest Truth.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Power, the Strong.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Powerful, the Mighty.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Best Knower of hidden things.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Living who will not die.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Coverer of faults.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, of Whom help and forgiveness is sought.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of the Worlds.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Most Gracious, the Coverer.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Most Merciful, the Forgiver.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Mighty, the Bestower.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Possessor of Power and Authority.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Forgiveness, the Forbearing.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Sovereignty.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Maker, the Fashioner.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Mighty, the Subduer.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Subduer, the Exalted.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, Who is Free from all that is attributed to Him.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Holy, the Pure.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Angels and of Gabriel.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Lord of Dooms and Favours.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Sovereign, the Object of everyone.
There is no God beside Allah, the Glorified, the Bestower of gifts.
There is no God beside Allah, Adam is the Select of Allah.
There is no God beside Allah, Noah is he who was saved by Allah.
There is no God beside Allah, Ibrahim is the Friend of Allah.
There is no God beside Allah, Ismail is the sacrifice for Allah.
There is no God beside Allah, Moses is he who talked with Allah.
There is no God beside Allah, David is the vicegerent of Allah.
There is no God beside Allah, Jesus is the Spirit of Allah.
There is no God beside Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.

My brother, if your own God is none of the above, I am happy with Allah as my own God. Thanks.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2005
ajisafe, no one cares if ur uncle was or is a christian. U av a problem with christians ..SIMPLE.. This isn't the first thread u've lashed at us , so all ur write ups are just flagrant jargons to me.

I stated a point, agreeably , even if it wasn't right, i stood to av been corrected. But instead, u virtually av insulted everyone all in the name of proving a point . Infact what point that allah is god. Couldn't u av done that without stooping as low as all the crap u av posted.

See told u earlier if u've got a problem with Christians deal with it. If u've got a problem with me deal with it but pls don't disrespect others on this forum. It just goes to show ur level of immaturity.

If u act and say such things about pple u've not met, then ..i just wonder what u'd do if u personally knew us.. shocked shocked

We r all entitled to our various opinions...u know

Honestly, with the way u r going bout things, pple will never understand ur point of view, not only, ur outburts buttress our negative impressions of islam and it shouldn't be so.

Pls take a chill pill, life ain't this difficult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

NL Arabic Learning Thread :) / Obasanjo Builds N350M Mosque And Arabic School In Abeokuta / Recitation Of Sadik Akolade Alabi Winner Of 1st Position In Qur'anic Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.