Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? (47575 Views)

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / Honda Civic 03/05 Vs Pegeot 307 Hatchback 03/05/08 / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by callmetoniaa: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2021
Since it has been used in Nigeria, then it is no longer accident free .. I come in peace. cool
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Jonwesley(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
What can I say? Naija is full of deceit and this is also seen in how they transact businesses. It's a known fact that every second hand car being sold out there has a problem which the seller is not willing to disclose to the unsuspecting buyer. Hence be prepared to buy a tokunbo engine and replace what is there currently before you can have rest of mind. The main fears I have is gear transmission issues which is a difficult call. You must test drive it to observe a delay in transmission or related issues before you can do anything. Besides, is that the real car or just the type, because that is not a Naija used car from what i can see.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Semaj77(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:
Hello everyone, as the state of things are presently with hike in price of almost everything, is buying Nigerian Used of this Toyota Corolla Hatchback advisable? And how is the maintenance cause it’s going to be my first car actually. And also please what is the price range for the used ones? Thanks a lot for your response

My very first car was a Naija used and it was the best car I ever used maintenance wise and for its efficiency. It was a Mazda 626 , for the 2 years I used it I only changed brake pads and did servicing every 3 months. The only other time I spent money on it was to change the injector nozzle. I never touched the body or did any engine fixing , it never broke down once or had shaft issues , I had peace of mind for the 2 years I used it. My next car was a corolla ( another Naija used ) and I regretted ever buying it from the first day I got it ( it was even a lot costlier than the Mazda ). My next car was a Volvo 440 ( Tokunboh ) , it was also a beaut , didn't cost me much in the first 3 years and it performed well. On the 4th year it started giving issues and I had to sell it. Anyways , I'll only say getting a Naija used car isn't as bad as people paint it but you must check well before making your purchase

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Aguogba(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
icecool12:
Very good car, if in good condition. Very fuel economical but make sure the engine is still sound, otherwise you’d have to shell out 320k for a new one. Yes they’re very pricy.

Overall, it’s an economy car.
That car (EU Corolla 2002-2007) is the Nokia 3310 of all Corollas ever made.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Aguogba(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:
Hello everyone, as the state of things are presently with hike in price of almost everything, is buying Nigerian Used of this Toyota Corolla Hatchback advisable? And how is the maintenance cause it’s going to be my first car actually. And also please what is the price range for the used ones? Thanks a lot for your response
Op, follow this checklist.
1. If that car was UK used and converted to left handed steering, avoid it. You'll keep spending on power steering/shaft problems.
2. Was that car a manual gearbox car that was converted to automatic? Avoid it. Problems with the gear system is likely to arise if not latent already.
3. If the car was EU- Used with factory-fitted automatic gearbox and sound engine/gear, then GO FOR IT. It is a very reliable ride. A used one here with the specs I listed on item 3 above with a nice AC is sold for 1.8-2.4M here in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by EgunMogaji2: 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:

Show the picture of the actual car.
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Solatium(m): 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:

That's a Toyota Corolla European version,check the conditions and if the price is good go for it.
You can't go wrong with it bro
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by PAQ(m): 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
post=107076262:

Brand new Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback (2019)
8 MILLION.

Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2005 - 2010₦2.8 Million - ₦3.5 Million.

Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2011 - 2015₦4 Million - ₦4.5 Million.

Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2016 - 2018₦6 Million - ₦7 Million.

Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2005 - 2007₦1 million - ₦1.5 million.

Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2008 - 2010₦1.5 million - ₦ 2.5 million.

Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2011 - 2013₦2 million - ₦3 million.

Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2014 - 2016. ₦3.5 million.

[i]Is dat all?!

I stand to be corrected but there is no Corolla XSE (Xtreme Sports Edition) trim levels in years 2005-2007, 2008-2010, 2011-2013, 2014-2016.

From 2014 to 2016 the closest thing to a Corolla hatchback is the Scion IM which in 2018 turned to Toyota IM.

I believe XSE trims started in 2019- 2020 Toyotas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by demolagilbert: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
portacabin:
Your prices are incorrect
his ignorance is stuff of legend in virtually every sphere. Most on here know he has no clue about what is what, and would take his statements with a pinch of a pinch of salt..kinda like a less eloquent FFK, but just as light-headed

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by fashrola(m): 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
post=107076262:

That's a good and dependable ride there, and it is highly economical.

Go for it OP!

With this car, you should expect all the best features Toyota can offer as most features have been reserved for this highest trim.

As a hatchback design, which is way different from the coupe and sedan Corolla more usually seen on Nigerian roads, the hatchback is ideal for private and even business use.
Nigerian drivers who are unfamiliar with it should expect a ride that is pleasant with a unique touch. 

Price :

8 MILLION.

Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2008 - 2010₦1.5 million - ₦ 2.5 million.

One of us @[/b] has been cruising one (brand new tho) since a year and a half now, and no issues whatsoever.

Again,
Go for it OP!

#WeDidOurPart@[b]MANNA

Amen.
God will surprise you before the end of this year.
Just continue to keep your hustle legit.
God no go shame all legit hustlers out there in Jesus name.
Insha Allah.

Okay.
Thanks wink
We pray may God bless you to get some of the good things in life you have always desired and make mama proud of you for at last.
God bless you and have a good day!

Is dat all?!

It seems the criteria to become BMC in this country, is to know how to copy and paste without reference

Stick to roasting meat and never give opinion on things you do not know about.....

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by FA13(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
portacabin:
Your prices are incorrect
Has said anything correct before. You funny ooo.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by FA13(m): 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

This is the 19th time u go quote dem MANNA since you wake up today.
Is that your daily job now?
U no go commot go hustle and let p man rest for some hours?
Na wa o.
Lazy youths boku for here sha.

Aunty MANNA, keep giving dem online jobs to do please. And increase dem pay o.
Hustle is real cool

@OP, na better machine, u won't regret it
Jobless man recognizing his compatriot.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Testimony1988(m): 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
Its okay, you won't spend much on maintenance.
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by littlejoe8(m): 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:

The car is a very good car, it is the hatch back version of the Toyota Corolla popularly called BANK type. My wife used it and she enjoyed it for years before selling it without issues. In my opinion, I feel it's stronger than the popular Toyota Corolla used for UBER/ Bolt however, some of the parts can be scarce to get sometimes like the light.

You can buy it, if in good condition and don't joke with change of oil.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Elidrisy20: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kindness218:
I have 1.2m and I'm looking for a Nigerian used corolla.
bro no go buy another person wahala ooo
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by KHRIZ565(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
I fear who no fear Nigerian used items.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Carlmax(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2021
Not all Nigerian used car are over used, my personal car will be on the market soon and it has practically not been driven for the past 6 months that I got it because I have alternative means of commuting. This car looks really nice, get a mechanic to look at it buy it if you are okay with it. I sell cars and I wonder how people still afford Toks with the current exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by slimsophiediva(f): 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:
no buy am o.

If you wan buy any Nigerian used car at all, carry a trusted mechanic wey go tell you d koko. Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o.

Gistlover people sighted
Awon ti vawulence nation
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by DogmaNation: 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:
Check out this guy's thread. He can get u a better car from Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/5167845/n1200000-less-tokunbo-cars

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by freeman67: 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2021
Like most people have said here, the car generally is a nice car to buy. However, you should first of all be sure that the car is not stolen. Stolen car can drain one of all his joy when traced to the person.

Also, be sure it is not accidented and even if it is, it's effect on the vehicle is not too much before it was worked on. Be sure interior is ok too.

Then finally, the engine should be sound. If it isn't, in your negotiations a cost of replacement should be considered.
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by ba2remagaji: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
The car is very nice and as low maintenance and very fuel economy
osuolale95:
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by osuolale95(m): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
post=107076262:

Go for it OP!

With this car, you should expect all the best features Toyota can offer as most features have been reserved for this highest trim.

As a hatchback design, which is way different from the coupe and sedan Corolla more usually seen on Nigerian roads, the hatchback is ideal for private and even business use.
Nigerian drivers who are unfamiliar with it should expect a ride that is pleasant with a unique touch. 

Price :

8 MILLION.

One of us @[/b] has been cruising one (brand new tho) since a year and a half now, and no issues whatsoever.

Again,
Go for it OP!

#WeDidOurPart@[b]MANNA

Amen.
Insha Allah.

Okay.
Thanks wink
We pray may God bless you to get some of the good things in life you have always desired and make mama proud of you for at last.

Amen thanks a lot… much love

Is dat all?!
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by damoceile: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kindness218:
I have 1.2m and I'm looking for a Nigerian used corolla.

Oga carry that 1.2m come buy land for my back yard here... No go carry money buy wetin go dey give yih headache o

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by sweetkev(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:
If you like Lexus 450 let me know. With very good engine and body very neat in and out but the only problem is the gear. So you will have to change the gear only. I'm giving it out for 1.8m. Buy this car and be the lucky owner, you will always pray for me.
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by sweetkev(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
Carlmax:
Not all Nigerian used car are over used, my personal car will be on the market soon and it has practically not been driven for the past 6 months that I got it because I have alternative means of commuting. This car looks really nice, get a mechanic to look at it buy it if you are okay with it. I sell cars and I wonder how people still afford Toks with the current exchange rate.
I have a lexus 450 to sell. Very neat in and out but the gear is not working fine. Only change the gear and you are good. I'm giving it out for 1.8m Let me know if you are interested.
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Orpe7(m): 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
This car never comes in Left hand, na always right hand wey dem convert
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Eppking(m): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
post=107076262:

Go for it OP!

Price :

8 MILLION.

[s]Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2008 - 2010₦1.5 million - ₦ 2.5 million.
[/s]
[s]Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2011 - 2013₦2 million - ₦3 million[/s].

[s]Nigeria used Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback 2014 - 2016. ₦3.5 million[/s].

Again,
Go for it OP!

#WeDidOurPart@[b]MANNA

Amen.
Insha Allah.

Okay.
Thanks wink

Is dat all?!
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by donhils: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
soft101:
Beyond price and maitenance, nose around to find out why the person wants to sell the car. Most Nigerianas don't sell their cars except it's giving them serious problems, and they want to transfer the problem to an innocent fellow.
Some sell because they want to upgrade
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by sureboykris(m): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
post=107076262:

Go for it OP!

Price :

8 MILLION.

Again,
Go for it OP!

#WeDidOurPart@[b]MANNA

Amen.
Insha Allah.

Okay.
Thanks wink

Is dat all?!

Please do you've a website where I can see these cars or a thread.
Prices seem ok
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Kyf1: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ugly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? / Honda Babyboy: Simplicity In Perfection / 'Men Are Idiots And I Married Their King' - Nigerian Lady's Car Sticker Reads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.