Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise (21018 Views)

My 6years Old Son Escape Death In A Ghastly Accident/faithful God. / Kenyan Doctors Remove 7 Needles In 3-Year-Old Girl’s Stomach / Smelling Your Partner's Fart Will Prolong Your Life - Scientific Research Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by house10s: 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
like kim jun hun

he does not have a butt hole grin
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Sholaco: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
Can you post his photograph for physical examination?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Kinematics: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Zooposki:
[s]Just add more fiber to his diet like Yam, Potatoes, Unripe plantain, Beans, Eba etc.[/s] Add a lot of vegetables to the soup you prepare like okra, bitter leaf, Ugu etc. Rice, Noodles, Golden morn lack fiber and might not be the best. Milk causes constipation for some.

When did those become fibre?

1 Like

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Zooposki(f): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kinematics:

When did those become fibre?

Lol. They contain lots of fiber.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by makson007: 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Give him 3 cooked eggs and beans to eat at the same time... you will thank me later.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Kinematics: 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Zooposki:

Lol. They contain lots of fiber.

Not to the level of prescribing them as fibre. Choose other things. So if them tell you to prescribe fibre na those things u go prescribe?

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Astrid4(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dropme:
Hello nairalanders,

Sorry for bringing such a Story here, but I just feel like getting advises and opinions.

I'm a young single father of one.

I have been the one taking care of my son since his mother left us for a worldly adventure since 4 months ago. But ever since I took over the baton to become the childkeeper or nanny or whatever name u could call it, I have never noticed this child fart.

He uses the toilet every morning when he wakes up, but I don't know if he uses the toilet in school, but since last week he has been sent home from school because of fees, I noticed he doesn't use the toilet during those school hours, sometimes the whole day.

So, I kept pondering what could be happening, could it be normal, or maybe he farts and and I'm not aware but overreacting? But I remember his class mistress sometime last week complaining that he's looking malnutritious, and she was advising I get him multivitamins.
Though she complain also that I should try change his food from rice and meat to something else like plantain and egg and others but honestly I can't afford things like that for now.

So I ask, what could be the cause?
Is it truly malnutrition?
Or is it that I'm not always aware when he farts?
Or is there any medical explanation that could help, honestly I'm worried because something worse mustn't happen, I can't afford it.

Thanks

Mods please help with wider views, I need more opinions.

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by chloride6: 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
How do you know?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by lexy2014: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dropme:
Hello nairalanders,

Sorry for bringing such a Story here, but I just feel like getting advises and opinions.

I have been the one taking care of my son since his mother left us for a worldly adventure since 4 months ago. But ever since I took over the baton to become the child keeper or nanny or whatever name u could call it, I have never noticed this child fart.

He uses the toilet every morning when he wakes up, but I don't know if he uses the toilet in school, but since last week he has been sent home from school because of fees, I noticed he doesn't use the toilet during those school hours, sometimes the whole day.

So, I kept pondering what could be happening, could it be normal, or maybe he farts and and I'm not aware but overreacting? But I remember his class mistress sometime last week complaining that he's looking malnutritious, and she was advising I get him multivitamins.
Though she complain also that I should try change his food from rice and meat to something else like plantain and egg and others but honestly I can't afford things like that for now.

Or is there any medical explanation that could help, honestly I'm worried because something worse mustn't happen, I can't afford it.

Thanks

Is nairaland now a paediatric ward of a hospital?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Ebonygeek(f): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dropme:
the food I give him most is, rice, golden morn and milk and sometimes Amala and noodles

Fruits? I have never bought him fruits

Or sometimes he eats whatever I'm eating.
Sometimes garri self
Lawd aff messi shocked

He's not farting cos there isn't enough fiber in his diet. Give your boy beans, oranges, or bananas a few times a week. They all have fiber
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Kinematics: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
Astrid4:

[s]Take him to the hospital real fast as in right now...my younger sister had similar when she was a child...take him to a very good hospital where they will conduct good test on him not a primary health Care center if you're not willingly to lose him...my mom was a good nurse then yet couldn't treat my sister then...It just at it early stage...very soon his stomach will start swollen that's when it gonna be a very serious issue..[/s]

Does the child poopoo? YES
Does the child complain of stomach pain? NO
Any abdominal swelling? NO
Any vomiting? NO
Any Constipation? NO
Any fever? NO
Any lack of appetite or refusal to eat? NO

So why hospital? This is not a sick child. Flatulence is not a must as long as stooling is normal.

If na just mess the op dey find then egg, diary products, beans, high fibre containing foods etc will do the magic.

In all this child is very ok. All the child needs is balance diet. Op please I beg again, free the child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by nathyx(m): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
"my 3 year old son doesn't fart" wiseone you dey inside in yansh ?? shocked shocked
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by SpearofGod(m): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
[quote author=Dropme post=107109812]Hello nairalanders,

I have been the one taking care of my son since his mother left us for a worldly adventure since 4 months ago. But ever since I took over the baton to become the child keeper or nanny or whatever name u could call it, I have never noticed this child fart. Get like three seeds of Calabash nutmeg, grind and mix with water then heat and allow to cool . Give it to the child to drink.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by conalex(f): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dropme:
Hello nairalanders,

I have been the one taking care of my son since his mother left us for a worldly adventure since 4 months ago. But ever since I took over the baton to become the child keeper or nanny or whatever name u could call it, I have never noticed this child fart.

Thanks

my brother, you must not be Dangote before your child eats right, this indomie, supergetti of a thing is causing more wahala, what happen to our native food, okpa,garden egg, vegetable, this is rainny season, so many is available, he can eat #50 carriot for 2 days an all that. By the way how are you coping with him and work? What about your own mum? You don't have a sister? Or female cousin? The lord is your strenght if you are sure you are telling us truth about the mother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Adebowalay(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ti asiko ati su ba tò, furo aàla
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by rali123(f): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dropme:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

Your location please, Lagos?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by joyandfaith: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dropme:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

Give him more protein diets like beans, his will farts to your satisfaction. Your child need beans. Rice and #20 meat will make him look malnourished.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
grin oga give am beans and egg for like 3days grin na you go tire cheesy besides if your child no fart is still normal Did you use to watch him for like 24hrs
If na shit now I for talk angry
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Skyehigher1: 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
It's normal a times but if you can give him natural herbal which they call Jedi Jedi and there is we OPA ABO herbal mixture instantly everything will be normal
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by VOR2019: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2021
Why not try him on beans, well cooked beans, then reach for your nose cover grin

Dropme:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
sofiscatedmoron:
grin
He is too young to fart,
Maybe you can start teaching him how to
You're really ur moniker cheesy the meme tho grin
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by hope4nigeria(m): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dropme:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

pupuing is a principal farting, of he's pupuing, leave that child alone, nothing is wrong with the child. You can be worry only if he's not pupuing, that is even dangerous sef
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by SmithRussell(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
Depressed101:
is this a format to ask for money, because that's all I see.. Abeg...
My thoughts exactly, and his reply to your comment confirms it.

Why would he get so easily offended if he was being real?

1 Like

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by southome(m): 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2021
A child who goes to toilet does not have digestion problem. Farts come when gas is produced in the stomach, gassing does not qualify that u are okay, it is also not bad to gas so far it is not too frequent.

That child is in the development stage and needs fruits and vegetables well, it will help his immune system. I understand what you meant about affording certain things now. But rice everytime is not good. You can boil 1 egg � per day or every 2days and add in his meal. I wish you well as u strive to be there for him �.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by southome(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
Iyaebe:
Please take him to the hospital, he might be having problems with proper digestion. May God protect our children for us.

He poops. He doesn't have digestion problem.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
Maybe you've not noticed but one thing i know for sure say person way d shit must fart
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by emmyN(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
Oga next time you are farting draw him close and let him see how you do it. Teach that man work and e go surpass you cheesy.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by AgentGoat: 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
Depressed101:

God bless you

1 Like

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by Kinematics: 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
Depressed101:

This could be true!

1 Like

Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by RIVERS1stson: 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
Re: My 3-Year-Old Son Doesn't Fart, Please Advise by 2braithe: 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
Depressed101:

Some of you just don't have a heart.
Did he ask for money or advice?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr Vwaere Diaso: Lagos Government Condoles Family, Sets Up Inquiry / Port-Harcourt Lady Infects Man With HIV & Blocks Him On Facebook (Photos) / Bauchi Spends N4,500 On Each COVID-19 Patient's Meal Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.