Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Share You Experience With A Strict Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share You Experience With A Strict Father (1085 Views)

Still Virgin At 25-30 Or Was One Before Marriage - Share You Experience / Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share You Experience With A Strict Father by emmyluizzz: 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
my father uses physical violence and beating to impose the rules. But a good disciplinarian knows how to use other methods which are far more effective in the long term.

but it Sha sharp me to what I am today

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
My father would promptly discipline me with a fan belt if I compromised on certain principles he felt were "necessary" for moral upbringing. At the time , I thought it was barbaric and wicked. But little did I understand that he was indirectly delivering me from the jaws of sin and immorality . And when I look back at scars the beatings left, I thank God he did it !

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by emmyluizzz: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jashub:
My father would promptly discipline me with fan belt if I compromised on certain principles he felt were necessary for moral upbringing. At the time , I thought it was barbaric and wicked. But little did I understand that he was indirectly delivering me from the jaws of sin and immorality . And when I look back at scars the beatings left, I thank God he did it !
military style ooo
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 4:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
emmyluizzz:

military style ooo
Lol...he was a soldier

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Omo my dad no too beat me o because ,when I dey small e get one yoruba man wey tell my dad say na my grandfather reincarnate me and make my dad no beat me because I be him papa.God bless that yoruba Man

6 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by emmyluizzz: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
grin
Aaaaarghmed:
Omo my dad no too beat me o because ,when I dey small e get one yoruba man wey tell my dad say na my grandfather reincarnate me and make my dad no beat me because I be him papa.God bless that yoruba Man
grin
Aaaaarghmed:

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jashub:
My father would promptly discipline me with a fan belt if I compromised on certain principles he felt were "necessary" for moral upbringing. At the time , I thought it was barbaric and wicked. But little did I understand that he was indirectly delivering me from the jaws of sin and immorality . And when I look back at scars the beatings left, I thank God he did it !
He delivered you from the jaws of sin and immorality? Interesting! undecided

So you mean to say your papa use cane teach you to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God? undecided
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
He delivered you from the jaws of sin and immorality? Interesting! undecided

So you mean to say your papa use cane teach you to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God? undecided
[/s]Why are you asking me irrelevant questions that have no link to the topic ? Kindly stick to the topic and stop being a fool

5 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s]Why are you asking me irrelevant questions that have no link to the topic ? Kindly stick to the topic and stop being a fool
Irrelevant? You claimed your father lashing you with fan belt as a child delivered you from the "jaws of sin and immorality", did you not? undecided

Are you certain I am the one being the fool here? undecided
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by wunmi590(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2021

I will always thank my dad, if not for him, despite his hard life, I would have become a hooligan in that obalende...

2 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by emmyluizzz: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Irrelevant? You claimed your father lashing you with fan belt as a child delivered you from the "jaws of sin and immorality", did you not? undecided

why are you so interested in his story.....
what is wrong with you?

2 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
emmyluizzz:

why are you so interested in his story.....
what is wrong with you?
How are you so certain that I am the one in the wrong here to begin with? undecided

Your friend make claim that defies even Jesus Christ, and you jump to his defense without even knowing this. undecided
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by emmyluizzz: 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How are you so certain that I am the one in the wrong here to begin with? undecided

Your friend make claim that defies even Jesus Christ, and you jump to his defense without even knowing this. undecided
I'm not defending anybody...is a forum oga....just read and pass
you have not even share yours and you are checking on someone else post

no too dey take life serious abeg

2 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Please stick to the topic and stop derailing the thread with your stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jashub:
Please stick to the topic and stop derailing the thread with your stupidity
The stupidity here is yours! undecided

You claimed your father using violence against you delivered you into the hands of Jesus Christ, this against Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
The stupidity here is yours! undecided

You claimed your father using violence against you delivered you into the hands of Jesus Christ, this against Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
[/s] You're such a stupid liar who is definitely smoking something. Please where did I mention Jesus Christ in my post ?

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jashub:
You're such a stupid liar. Please where did I mention Jesus Christ in my post ?
Oh, when you claimed your father's violence delivered you from "sin and immorality" you didn't even know Jesus Christ was implied? undecided
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Oh, when you claimed your father's violence delivered you from "sin and immorality" you didn't even know Jesus Christ was implied? undecided
[/s] Your self-assumed stupidity told you that , not my post

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s] Your self-assumed stupidity told you that , not my post
Stupidity here is all yours since the assertion was made by you. undecided
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Whyzaid(f): 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
My father used slap to reset my brain, especially when he's going through my school note. He will start checking my notes from the date. What a caring Daddy, I will always love n cherish my Papa

2 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Stupidity here is all yours since the assertion was made by you. undecided
[/s] Buddhist believe in sin and immorality ;Shintoist also believe in sin and immorality , even the fvcking terrorist Muslims believe in the same concept of sin and immorality, but your self-imposed stupidity that's mixed with mumuness can't handle the generality of the word .

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s] Buddhist believe in sin and immorality ;Shintoist also believe in sin and immorality , even the fvcking terrorist Muslims believe in the same concept of sin and immorality, but your self-imposed stupidity that's mixed with mumuness can't handle the generality of the word .
Buddhism?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink cheesy cheesy

Um.. Muslims believe they worship the same God of Jesus Christ hence the belief in sin and immorality. lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by emmyluizzz: 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
Whyzaid:
My father used slap to reset my brain, especially when he's going through my school note. He will start checking my notes from the date. What a caring Daddy, I will always love n cherish my Papa
ohh .. I can relate
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Jashub: 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Buddhism?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink cheesy cheesy

Um.. Muslims believe they worship the same God of Jesus Christ hence the belief in sin and immorality. lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed
[/s]Bros you reek of ignorance and I don't have time for that . So kindly do me a favor and get the fvck off my mentions and Google the concept of sin on all the religions mentioned
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by beautyhd: 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
I was the only female and hence couldn't feel the wrath of my father.

....but he was generally not harsh on us. My mom was the strict one.

2 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Magnoliaa(f): 8:45am On Oct 28, 2021
Lol. Whitewashing go plenty here. And talmabout how 'I look back and became a better person for it.'

3 Likes

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by MARKone(m): 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
emmyluizzz:
my father uses physical violence and beating to
impose the rules. But a good disciplinarian knows how to
use other methods which are far more effective in the long
term.

but it Sha sharp me to what I am today

If it "sharp" to be what you are today, which I assume is good, then his method is OK, care to share some tips on the kind of "physical violence" he gave you and what other methods do you think would have worked aside the a55 whooping, have it mind, some kids do need iron hand.
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Lol. Whitewashing go plenty here. And talmabout how 'I look back and became a better person for it.'
Na dem way be that! undecided
Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Magnoliaa(f): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Na dem way be that! undecided
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by Magnoliaa(f): 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:

I have read something like this once, but I haven't done my research. That it is unAfrican to beat kids and that beating was actually a western culture that colonization imposed.

The whites had to beat our ancestors to make them compliable and broken and downgraded and demoralised so they are easier to sell and accept their fates in a foreign land.

'Iyabo' and 'Babatunde'. Because of this, our forefathers (pre-colonial era) don't beat kids because they believe they are reincarnated grand- mothers and fathers.

And I am inclined to believing this explanation. Why?

Yts brought 'modesty' and tagged our nudity primitive, they covered us, Africans were encultured and became acculturated in dressings not their, now the yts are reverting back to nudity and light clothes - and Africans are calling that woke.

Same way some of our forefathers do not see anything wrong in polygamy and testing before marriage as immoral acts, the yts demonized that, rebranded Africans with moralistic values that are not theirs, now the yts are claiming polyamory and sexual freedom and Africans are calling that woke.

There's a 'theory' too that prostitution spread to indigenous parts of the world through yt males and colonization.

So if they can do all those, I don't find it hard to believe that they instilled the culture of beating children in Africans, now they are reverting back to not beating children after realizing its negative impacts (like Africans used to do) and Africans are calling that woke.

1 Like

Re: Share You Experience With A Strict Father by mariahAngel(f): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Whyzaid:

Are you male or female?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Ladies N Women Stop Risking Your Lifes N Get Something Doing Learn From Me / What To Do To A A Husband That Purnishes His Immediate Family / Aweeee Twin Babies Having A Conversation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.