Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete (22598 Views)

Yul Edochie Celebrates His Father, Pete Edochie, On His 75th Birthday (Photo) / In JSS2, Yul Edochie Told His Father, Pete To Open Electrical Shop For Him / Yul Edochie Discloses Who His Father, Pete Edochie Named Him After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by RosyIsBlessed: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
Fahdiga:
Pete is just like Okonkwo in Chinua Achebe's Things fall apart. Very mean man

He acted the Okonkwo of the things fall apart film na
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by penplus: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
chukwugoziegi:
Your father, a great man, was tough on us through the TV as well. Good Tough! They don't make them like Senior Edochie Anymore.

Great Man even GREATER ACTOR.

You're right bro...

The man is a Legend
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Okhuadams(m): 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
penplus:
Wetin you wan take drink medicine before? Stout?
bad guy good ?

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by being(m): 12:02am On Oct 28, 2021
Apparently, strictness didn't work out for slawormir otherwise he wouldn't have turned out d way he is now. Or what went wrong, did he escape the strictness at an early age and peerpressure got him there?

I think it's quite important parents (esp mothers) agree when disciplining a child rather d mother shouting it's too much and giving d child some space in his brain to think perhaps d father is the problem rather than what he did wrong

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
That was then....men were tough

Not the men of this present era....pussies
Bunch of pussies everywhere...

Those days my daddy will be kicking my ass...my mum will be crying

And when my mum is kicking my asss ....my daddy will be happy

That niggar will force me to drink chloroquine when am sick...knowing fully well that the thing go scratch me die for body and the funny thing is when my body start to dey scratch me....the niggar will be sleeping while my mum will be awake petting me

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by 1Sharon(f): 12:19am On Oct 28, 2021
penplus:

Juice?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by ugotaya: 1:19am On Oct 28, 2021
How To Check Your Hotel Room And Airbnb For Any Hidden Cameras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl8bjLLUw9g
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:05am On Oct 28, 2021
Drella:

You had no idea what the children went through.
A famous actor who is living very comfortable but his children were suffering in higher institution.
No accommodation from school and he asked them to squat with their friends when he could afford to rent them an apartment.
Hunger wire them all because he wanted them to know the value of money.He was always sending them little money.
They were practically living like children from poor homes and were ashamed to tell people who their father was.Because people will be shocked.

Here,even yul mentioned that he was strict to a fault.
Hmmmm I didn't wear those shoes so it's hard to tell where it pinches!

Perhaps he was also treated that way then he got successful thinking he should also apply it to his children

Whatever the case may be we learn from their own mistake and prevent it from happening in the next generation

Some parents while trying to apply discipline can look so mean but na wetin we go do We go throw way them grin cheesy
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Chuksmonika(m): 5:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Na because he dey strict na wetin make una dey useful to unaself. Mere looking at Yul, you will know say this one na guy man, and life for carry am if not for the kind papa weyy him get.

At your age, you're married with kids(kids that look like your siblings), you're also doing well in your career, all thanks to God and your dad, Pete Edochie. Most of your mates never even know their left from their right.

Moral lesson: love your children, show them love, and also let them know that life is not easy. Don't over-pamper them. These children are the ones to take care of us tomorrow, so if you spoil them today, They will become little fingers tomorrow, and you're the one to suffer at old age.

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Drella(m): 6:44am On Oct 28, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Hmmmm I didn't wear those shoes so it's hard to tell where it pinches!

Perhaps he was also treated that way then he got successful thinking he should also apply it to his children

Whatever the case may be we learn from their own mistake and prevent it from happening in the next generation

Some parents while trying to apply discipline can look so mean but na wetin we go do We go throw way them grin cheesy

True that!

You can't even use that method abroad.
May God help us to become better parents.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by BABANGBALI: 7:15am On Oct 28, 2021
penplus:
5 alive or whiskey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by vickydevoka(m): 7:21am On Oct 28, 2021
nkemoma:
Yet you get mind give woman wey u never marry belle
Prick wat no get control no de remember consequences.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by vickydevoka(m): 7:23am On Oct 28, 2021
Odichi:
I can attest to that. I was in same class ,primary 4 with his elder brother Eugene. Their dad used to pick him up from school, and because of his strict rules he barely socialize in school then. And he always came top of the class. It paid off though.

Wow! If true, u look younger than your age. Eugene is above 40
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by BABANGBALI: 7:29am On Oct 28, 2021
Drella:

True that!

You can't even use that method abroad.
May God help us to become better parents.
wetin concern abroad for this matter?

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by BABANGBALI: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2021
vickydevoka:
Pikin way no get papa de quick spoil. Shout out to all single mothers. Lol
bola146 I hail o grin grin grin
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Davesaves(m): 8:01am On Oct 28, 2021
Mercychen:
That's the kind of father I want for my unborn children. Though me too I harsh small o but with two of us, their head go straight.

I can't blame him for being so strict because it's not easy to train 6 boys. see how they all turned out well. Pete tried.

Big ups to him.
but u talk say u don comot hand for anything wey concern man.. grin
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by McStoic(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2021
victorazy:

grin your there grin

And those malaria drugs then can bitter, there was one called Fensic, that one na no no

Haba, Phensic no bitter na. That was a pinkish sweet flavoured drug with prevailing relief action against majorly headache and fever. It was the paracetamol/panadol for every household then.. There was also Daga. Kai memories ooo grin
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by McStoic(m): 8:14am On Oct 28, 2021
ugotaya:
How To Check Your Hotel Room And Airbnb For Any Hidden Cameras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl8bjLLUw9g

Nice one

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by folake4u(f): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2021
Chukwuzobam89:
Same as my dad, he hardly pet anyone except for our last born then. He never flogged us but we always preferred flogging to his scoldings. His scolding always leaves us in tears, no matter how brief it is.

Same thing with my Pops. He hardly flogged us but his scoldings na dieeeeeeeeee. If he starts advising you especially with Bible lessons and his soft voice, forget it, you must weep tears that amount to an ocean. cheesy
We really preferred him flogging than scolding us.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2021
folake4u:

Same thing with my Pops. He hardly flogged us but his scoldings na dieeeeeeeeee. If he starts advising you especially with Bible lessons and his soft voice, forget it, you must weep tears that amount to an ocean. cheesy
I can relate
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Drella(m): 9:08am On Oct 28, 2021
BABANGBALI:
wetin concern abroad for this matter?

We were talking about parenting.So Whatever discussed must be only about Nigeria?
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Drella(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2021
folake4u:

I have short attention span.If your talking is more than 5 minutes believe me,I'm already thinking about something else.
That scolding will do me nothing grin

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by folake4u(f): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2021
Drella:

I have short attention span.If your talking is more than 5 minutes believe me,I'm already thinking about something else.
That scolding will do me nothing grin

Lmao your heart don strong be that oh. grin

African parents and scolding sha, 5&6.
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Drella(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2021
vickydevoka:

Wow! If true, u look younger than your age. Eugene is above 40

First of all,that picture was posted 8 years ago.
Even at that,I wouldn't doubt if she said she was 40(in that picture)
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Jochabed(f): 9:23am On Oct 28, 2021
Aufbauh:
Same thing happened to me and I love my Dad for that as my mentor for giving me the standard even though my mum showed and showered me with unimaginable love.

Interestingly I'm transferring this standard to my super boys Gab & Mick.
I'm for the old school parenting and let no one sermonize on millennium upbringing.
Abeg, make your son's your friends. Don't be over strict.
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Fahdiga(m): 10:56am On Oct 28, 2021
RosyIsBlessed:

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Fahdiga(m): 10:56am On Oct 28, 2021
RosyIsBlessed:

I know that
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by bab22: 11:10am On Oct 28, 2021
penplus:
Fanta, Pepsi or Coke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by chukwugoziegi: 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
penplus:

You're right bro...

The man is a Legend

He will always be a National Treasure. This country no deserve am at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by victorazy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
McStoic:

Haba, Phensic no bitter na. That was a pinkish sweet flavoured drug with prevailing relief action against majorly headache and fever. It was the paracetamol/panadol for every household then.. There was also Daga. Kai memories ooo grin

grin grin grin
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by BABANGBALI: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Drella:

We were talking about parenting.So Whatever discussed must be only about Nigeria?
discipline dey for abroad? Abroad that my uncle beated his children, he was arrested by the police and they tooked the children away from him
Re: Yul Edochie's Tough Childhood Experience With His Father, Pete by Drella(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
BABANGBALI:
discipline dey for abroad? Abroad that my uncle beated his children, he was arrested by the police and they tooked the children away from him

Yes you don't beat child abroad.Child support will raise their head.
It is believed that there are better ways to correct and discipline in love rather than subjecting the children to inhumane treatment.

You uncle should have known that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2face & Pero Adeniyi Welcome Baby Boy / Zambian OAP, Nachela Dies 4 Months After Wedding (Photos) / Celebrities Reaction To Miley Cyrus' X-rated VMA Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.