Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews (35254 Views)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
kereman1:

Na see finish cause am. Maybe they will band Google play store, but unfortunately it's impossible...
you say! When you have Lai Mohammed around, believe me you can miss the road to your house.

3 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Idamond: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
fsb:

Why must Nigerians abuse each other when people dont agree with their opinion?

The enaira is not designed to be a cryptocurrency. Its just a way of doing away with paper currency and hopefully greater financial inclusion.

Btw, the government of a country has the power to make anything legal tender and they have done so with the electronic naira.

what's the essence, when the country is still going through hard times.
banks has already giving us that opportunity to do without physical cash, the govt is just looking for a way to loot More even the little money in our pocket.... why's the president really concern about money money money why not digitalize school, hospital, fire service, emergency units, police station etc. at least the poor and rich will benefit allot and we'll all celebrate him..

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 11:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
insidelife22:
Hmmm
Ronaldo for Ballon Dior.

Messi for balloon daradara
you mean tappinnado for balloon dog
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by ClassicMan202(m): 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
LeeSantos:

Whats the difference. They all perform same solution. Even better than the enaira

My point exactly, why waste time and resources trying to solve an already solved problem, where as we have multitude of other problems

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Give them a break, they just dey onboard and una expect everything to run smoothly without issues.
you are one of the reasonable Nigerian I paid respect to earlier. Keep up.

4 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by ClassicMan202(m): 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
Idamond:

banks has already giving us that opportunity to do without physical cash, the govt is just looking for a way to loot more.. why's the president really concern about money money money why not digitalize school, hospital, fire service, emergency units, police station etc. at least the poor and rich will benefit allot and we'll all celebrate him..

They want to control everything, even the money in your pocket/wallet so that the can tax it as many times as possible

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by saintrow1: 12:02am On Oct 28, 2021
Fejoku:
Nice one. It's fire for fire. I wonder how these sahelian terrorists think they can be smarter than southern youths who have gone, seen and conquered different areas all around the world. They will learn the hard way and we shall avenge our dead.
Death to the fulani controlled terrorist government.

God will bless you.

6 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:03am On Oct 28, 2021
insidelife22:
Hmmm
Ronaldo for Ballon Dior.

Messi for balloon daradara

Is that what we are discussing here. Ewu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 12:04am On Oct 28, 2021
Super1759:

Too much English is not good.. Go and sleep
many of you rubbished the launch of th enaira but rushed to play store to download. 100k plus download within 24hrs and you don't expect issues. I know you will b quick to say na only fulanis dey download am.

5 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 12:06am On Oct 28, 2021
aremuforlife:
Those that gave negative reviews thought they are harming Buhari, NO.
We are doing ourselves, a thousand miles begins with a mile. I don't see any bad in the digital wallet, it is an innovation that needs to be encouraged.
rational thinking. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Idamond: 12:06am On Oct 28, 2021
ClassicMan202:

They want to control everything, even the money in your pocket/wallet so that the can tax it as many times as possible

them go they remove serious money inside say na so so so gringrin.. chei these people no dey think good thing for there citizens, every time them wan collect

3 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Nigerians, very eager to kill their own. New apps don’t just run smoothly from the get go. Well, wetin I sabi?
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 12:12am On Oct 28, 2021
Super1759:

Taa mechieonu. When you see real innovation you talk.
What is e-currency without block chain technology
What is e-currency with still cbn controlling fiat to be controlling it then ban the real crypto.

You raise alarm that that drinking bottle water is scam then you go produce sachet water.

Do you even know what you are saying?
you ppl should be thinking be you talk. Person will almost vomit reading some brainless trash some of u put up here. To your accompany image though. Do you expect the CBN to pay 4 money stolen? I Just taya flat

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by AnotherAlien: 12:13am On Oct 28, 2021
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

I'm sure before it resurfaces fraudsters would have perfect ways to hack into the system....they must be in overdrive now from stories I've been hearing this far.

Anything Buhari touches turns to dust....Nigeria is in intensive care since he ascended the mantle of leadership.

The writeup says there is already a variant of eNaira on Google app store. What if that's from hackers that want everyone's information for their dubious use?

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 12:17am On Oct 28, 2021
aremuforlife:

You keep shut and learn.
They have already analysis the difference between eNaira and crypto. They are different things entirely, your eNaira is the same as your physical currency.
ppl like the person you quoted are the ones holding this country back. Those that will easily collect 375naira at the polling unit and change their destiny. They will come down playing every good thing

2 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 12:22am On Oct 28, 2021
Super1759:

Your problem is that you don't know and won't wish to learn.

We have two types of currencies
1. Fiat(paper money, physical money, controlled and centralised)
2. Crypto (soft money, online, structured by blochchain to be decentralized )

There is no middle one, no intermidate. You can't mix 1 and 2. Anything in between is not a form of currency. It's leg over to finish people like you. As long as someone have charge over it. It will be influenced and used for them.

Grow up. Common sense you don't have
blockchain blockchain. Blockchain na record nor b hard currency. Na ppl still dey run am

2 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by fsb(m): 12:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Idamond:

banks has already giving us that opportunity to do without physical cash, the govt is just looking for a way to loot More even the little money in our pocket.... why's the president really concern about money money money why not digitalize school, hospital, fire service, emergency units, police station etc. at least the poor and rich will benefit allot and we'll all celebrate him..

This is one way to look at it. There are a few advantages to moving away from physical cash. The first is that you eliminate huge cost of producing and maintaining paper currency. The polymer notes cost more to maintain than the previous paper notes and they used to be imported from somewhere; not sure if they are now produced by NSPMN.

Second is financial inclusion.

Third i can think of is security. If everyone was doing e-naira, it becomes easy to trace all financial transactions especially illicit ones. You cant hide e-naira inside soak-away or under mattress

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Rick9(m): 12:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Nothing for this country dey ever get head.

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Benwallt(m): 12:32am On Oct 28, 2021
fsb:

Why must Nigerians abuse each other when people dont agree with their opinion?

The enaira is not designed to be a cryptocurrency. Its just a way of doing away with paper currency and hopefully greater financial inclusion.

Btw, the government of a country has the power to make anything legal tender and they have done so with the electronic naira.
help us tell them the plane factor I beg. The way our ppl reason nauseates me meeehn. Lai Mohammed was actually correct when he said that "everybody with a camera phone has turned journalist" Even a toddler if properly managed will understand the motive behind the eNaira.

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by bluefilm: 12:46am On Oct 28, 2021
As usual with all things Nigerian.

Nonsense. angry
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Idamond: 12:47am On Oct 28, 2021
fsb:

This is one way to look at it. There are a few advantages to moving away from physical cash. The first is that you eliminate huge cost of producing and maintaining paper currency. The polymer notes cost more to maintain than the previous paper notes and they used to be imported from somewhere; not sure if they are now produced by NSPMN.

Third i can think of is security. If everyone was doing e-naira, it becomes easy to trace all financial transactions especially illicit ones. You cant hide e-naira inside soak-away or under mattress

the govt should also remember to share android phone and access to WiFi to everyone so they can all migrate to digital world without paper money plus stable light to power the phone...

7 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Temptee101(m): 12:49am On Oct 28, 2021
Like Nigeria air like enaira app

What other prove does zombies need before realizing they have been defending a chewing stick all this while.

2 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Abdogood(m): 12:58am On Oct 28, 2021
Watch out. fg will ban play store. No be joke ooo
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by calcal: 1:12am On Oct 28, 2021
aremuforlife:
Those that gave negative reviews thought they are harming Buhari, NO.
We are doing ourselves, a thousand miles begins with a mile. I don't see any bad in the digital wallet, it is an innovation that needs to be encouraged.

aremuforlife - olodo.

The wallet will crash soon, all your money will vanish.

6 Likes

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Wokenaija: 1:14am On Oct 28, 2021
Yahoo! Yahoo! Government.
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by kelvinovie25(m): 1:15am On Oct 28, 2021
Enaira without crypto will have no significant usecase and will lead to low adoption, but am certain government will want to use force for her citizens to adopt.

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by nedekid: 1:26am On Oct 28, 2021
Benwallt:
ppl like the person you quoted are the ones holding this country back. Those that will easily collect 375naira at the polling unit and change their destiny. They will come down playing every good thing
From the analysis that guy wrote, do you think he is on ₦375 (polling unit) level financially or intellectually dence like most zombies?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by hansomb: 1:43am On Oct 28, 2021
Fejoku:
Nice one. It's fire for fire. I wonder how these sahelian terrorists think they can be smarter than southern youths who have gone, seen and conquered different areas all around the world. They will learn the hard way and we shall avenge our dead.
Death to the fulani controlled terrorist government.
u making a fool out of yourself. Address d topic of discussion you resort to bigotry

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by grandstar(m): 2:11am On Oct 28, 2021
Buhari may soon ban Playstore. Don't say I didn't warn ya grin grin grin
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by omoadeleye(m): 2:12am On Oct 28, 2021
Buhari will ban playstore because of that
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Danisaint112(m): 2:12am On Oct 28, 2021
Buhari should ban Google playstore now. Bunch of idiots. Once it is re-uploaded I'm going there to drop my own review. Since they don't want us to prosper they won't prosper. Bunch of Thief's.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by nextstep(m): 2:15am On Oct 28, 2021
fsb:
There are a few advantages to moving away from physical cash. The first is that you eliminate huge cost of producing and maintaining paper currency. The polymer notes cost more to maintain than the previous paper notes and they used to be imported from somewhere; not sure if they are now produced by NSPMN.

Er... eNaira sounds like fiat money to me. It's issued by the CBN, and its value is tied to the Naira. These are CBN's own words...

I confess I don't understand the point of eNaira, and here's why:

Reducing the expense of printing/handling physical cash:
A lot of Naira in circulation is digital anyway. I don't remember the last time I collected salary as cash... it's been transfer for years now, and I pay the majority of my bills online. Even nowadays buying parts, building materials, hiring labor... it's all transfer. Going clubbing? POS. Dining? and many places are offering POS as a regular means of payment.

Financial inclusion - many fintech companies have been making inroads, and CBN has been talking "cashless society" for years. Don't need an eNaira for that. Ironically, you pay a fee to fund your wallet from Naira; transferring to another person has a fee; and if they want to use that money in the real wold will incur another fee to convert back to Naira. Not sure why you need 3 transactions and the attendant cost and complexity.

Security: you can trace all bank transactions done with the regular Naira. Yes, one can hide naira under their mattress, and nothing stops them from converting eNaira to Naira and hiding it. If government was serious, it would clamp down on the stealing in the first place.

As far as I understand, eNaira is a currency you can't use if the app is unavailable or the servers are down; it still has transaction costs; it will fall against forex, since it's tied to naira.

What's the point again?

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler / How Can I Recover My UBA Acc Number / How To Make A Poultry Incubator At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.