Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance (10793 Views)

Darkness Looms As TCN Moves To Disconnect Defaulting Discos, Gencos / Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects / Buhari Rejects States’ Plan On Unilateral Takeover Of Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Hero2t: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2021
Bedc license should be revoked. Imagine power supply of 3 hours average per day.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by frowland(m): 9:04am On Oct 28, 2021
safesurfer:

True. But at least let them give us prepaid meter so we can buy what we can afford.

Oh I see, estimated billing?
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by bcomputer101: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2021
Revoke that of BEDC and sentence that woman to life in prison

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2021
frowland:

Oh I see, estimated billing?

Yes.
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by obailala(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2021
wwwihy:

Olodo... nothing like Bendel Distribution Company...It is Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC)
So because I dont know the full meaning of the abbreviation of your stupid company, na that one make me olodo abii? BINGO! tongue

2 Likes

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by obailala(m): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2021
xeju:

It's actually Benin distribution company
Oh okay.. THanks

2 Likes

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by bankylan: 9:13am On Oct 28, 2021
It will cost the FG 2.4B USD.

SocialJustice:
Noise, the poor performance data is there for everyone to see. Revoke their licences now.
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by obailala(m): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2021
bcomputer101:
Hero2t:
Bedc license should be revoked. Imagine power supply of 3 hours average per day.
Good to know I'm not the only one bearing this sentiment; BEDC is by far the most useless and inefficient DISCO on the face of the earth. I wonder why anyone permits such inefficiency to exist. THe company is cursed!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by jidemojola(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2021
Story story!!The federal govt should remove power generation from the exclusive list to allow each state to generate its own power,haha!is it rocket science to generate electricity!i tire joor

2 Likes

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Jimiyung(m): 9:21am On Oct 28, 2021
The FG needs to sort out Gas and transmission and grid issues before reviewing these companies. A lot of them have excuses on ground. How can you accuse a power plant if the plant is not getting adequate gas. Most of the NIPP plant operate btw 20-30% of full capacity. The IPPs can bare run 2-3 turbines because of limited gas. Some gencos dnt invest enough and have to cannibalize other turbines to give the operating turbines parts. The discos are not investing enough and just collecting money from customers, take their own and give govt whats left. The Genco bares the brunt of all this.

Sort yourself out first so you can challenge these companies. FG is just lazy and looking for ways to collect some and reallocate to their cronies. Dummies.
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Bigii(m): 9:22am On Oct 28, 2021
Randal:
JEDC should not get a license

The best for now if you've travelled out of your zone. BEDC is the champion of the useless
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Minjim: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2021
The FG keep spending money and they keep reviewing tariffs upward but nothing like improvement
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2021
Having electricity in Nigeria is ROCKET SCIENCE
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by boom99(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2021
'NEPA' done finish us for here. I just they pay huge bill no light. Big gen on my mind
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Danosophe(m): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2021
[/b]This is long overdue. Only if the process will be credible and sincere.[b]
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by NobleEngineer(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2021
come here, for this sensible post wey you post, I won dash you ₦500 to drink beer grin
frowland:
It was a wrong move to sell or unbundle PHCH. Owners of these discos are unknown and their license were done in such a way that it will be difficult to terminate.
It is such a pity that such a country are without stable electricity.

Stable power is guaranteed to generate wealth.

Concentrating on railways and roads is like reading chapter 3 of a book before chapter 1.

Power will guarantee a sort of security, employment, and happy citizens.

Hope this power issue is rectified in that country as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by zoedew: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2021
Corruption and lack of a national spirit are the twin problems bedevilling the Power Sector in Nigeria. All grammar by Okonjo and Adesina are not saying things we don't already know. Yar Adua once proposed declaring a state emergency in the Sector. Why have we not done that till date? It would involve a ban on the use of generators in all residences and with the exception of manufacturing industries and military barracks and hospitals! Then, we will wake up!
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2021
obailala:
No need to waste precious time reviewing anything, the license of Benin Distribution company (BEDC) should just be revoked instantly and the owners arrested and tortured. Never in history has a public service company been so dubious, ineffective and useless! *spits*
they are really trying in auchi of recent.. Wev been having stable power since last month
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by wman(m): 9:44am On Oct 28, 2021
IKEDC is trying.
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 28, 2021
Hero2t:

Some people have not seen light for 2 months.

You dey talk.
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by princeazed: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2021
Naija my country. Buhari should do the needful and revoke their license ASAP.
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Jamesz12: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
those controlling BEDC incharge of Benin and it's metropolis should be sent ok exile, they ought not be be close to human settlement. They are replica of Lucifer and end time on earth.
Revoke, Reverse, Retrieve and all the Re in this world, infact send them on exile
obailala:
No need to waste precious time reviewing anything, the license of Benin Distribution company (BEDC) should just be revoked instantly and the owners arrested and tortured. Never in history has a public service company been so dubious, ineffective and useless! *spits*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by oladipupo2234: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2021
I dont know of others but i think IKEDC (IE) is doing fairly well so please dont revoke their license.

I get an average of 12hours daily which i believe is fair enough for Nigeria standard.

But why revoke license when we know FG will end up selling it to their other incompetent cronies? Just tighten regulations like placing sanction on extimated billing, delay in fixing transformer and other major customer complaints, and watch as every player sit up.

Our problem is not knowing what to do. Our problem is looking for personal interest in every sitiation.
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by SLOVFO(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2021
southsouthking:
Bring back NEPA
Lol

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by turkeyman: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2021
Send me an email echosamuel13@gmail.com
MRDEE01:
Good.

But I think the solution to power problem in nigeria is to unbundle this ambiguous Discos,Gencos and any other "cos" there is.

Make room for private investors to come in and sink in there resources.

Are you aware that Canaan land has power since 1999 till date without any Grid collapse or power outage?

We couldn't hv gotten out telecommunication right if we left it to nitel till date.

Enough said.

Hello nairalanders.
I am an experienced bolt driver based in abuja.

I am looking for a partner who can provide me a car to drive on Bolt platform,either on weekly remittance or hire purchase basis.

Thank you.

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by southsouthking(m): 10:19am On Oct 28, 2021
SLOVFO:
Lol
E shock you abi? grin
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by MRDEE01: 10:24am On Oct 28, 2021
turkeyman:
Send me an email echosamuel13@gmail.com
Done
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 28, 2021
PMB shouldn't confirm this acting power minister untill he make tangible things work in power sector because if they confirm him the power companies will bribe him money that he can't refuse and change the narration at the detriment of our development!

1 Like

Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by Tetrahedron: 10:47am On Oct 28, 2021
Audio
Re: FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance by anizy(f): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2021
bcomputer101:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Elections: Pastor Tunde Bakare Prophesies Mimiko as Winner Oct 20 Poll, / Justice Ayo Salami Retires / Women Not Subordinate To Men - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.