Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Advice On Uk Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On Uk Visa (2112 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors / Information On Uk Tourist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Uk Visa by snowdrops(m): 12:01am On Jun 04, 2011
Would appreciate if people with recent experience of applying for a UK visit visa in the VFS centre in Lagos.

1. On submitting your application, do you pay the visa fees at the VFS office?
2. Do you submit the biometric details [finger print, etc] immediately or are you given a different appointment date.
3. what is the crowd like in these centres and how organised are the staff
4. what is the average waiting time for a visit visa application nowadays.

Kind regards
Re: Advice On Uk Visa by snowdrops(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2011
18 views and no response. guys and gurls i still dey wait. make una no fall my hand o. cheesy

regards.
Re: Advice On Uk Visa by OmoTier1(m): 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2011
snowdrops:

Would appreciate if people with recent experience of applying for a UK visit visa in the VFS centre in Lagos.

1. On submitting your application, do you pay the visa fees at the VFS office?
2. Do you submit the biometric details [finger print, etc] immediately or are you given a different appointment date.
3. what is the crowd like in these centres and how organised are the staff
4. what is the average waiting time for a visit visa application nowadays.

Kind regards
Billingsway center ikeja, recently assisted someone down there

Answers follow order of question;
1. Yes, after completing all the pre-verification checks down stairs, you proceed to the counter service arena/hall where STERLING BANK is and you pay the appropraite fees depending on the Visa category and HANDLING CHARGE. TEXT NOTIFICATION options payment is also made in the hall.

2. Once your payment is completed and you form is attached with copies of payment, you move to another counter down the end of the room for checks of payment of application fees and you are directed to two/three cubicles for your biometrics - doesn't take long, less than 15mins to get it all done.

3.Crowd wise, no that bad but lots of people with seats! Took us about 55mins from entering the gate to final exit at the back door.But it all depends on the day of the week and the time you arrive as most people where waiting for collection. Got there after 10am, left couple of minutes past 11am -55mins approximately.

4. It all boils down to a number of factors; could be 6days, one week, 2weeks,etc. Mind, its approaching summer time and this is the time student and holiday visas application come pouring in! Maybe there might be a change this year follow PM DC stringentimmigration policies.

Hope this helps,
Re: Advice On Uk Visa by kadman(m): 2:14am On Jun 05, 2011
1. Yes you do.
2. Yes you do.
3. It's always crowded, the last time I applied was 2009,and they have appointment slots which makes it very well organised (Victoria Island VFS)
4. Depends on which visa, ball park figure is 7 - 15 working days for all.
Re: Advice On Uk Visa by snowdrops(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1 and Kadman

you guys are awesome. Thanks a millions.
Re: Advice On Uk Visa by SOTAJ: 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2011
@ Snowdrops, the waiting time for a visit visa depends on several factors part of which is'' Whether you are a first time applicant for a UK visa or you have been to the UK before''

The docket colour (Red or Black) determines the waiting period, as all first time applications are treated in Abuja while, renewals are handled in Lagos.

Myself and my wife applied for visas last October and we got the visiting visas within 3 working days (submission + collection). We have been to the UK once though.
Re: Advice On Uk Visa by snowdrops(m): 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2011
Thanks for the info. I am actually inviting a relative to the UK. As she is a first timer, i guess her application might take a bit longer. When i did mine the system was completely different and the information on the vfs website at times could be vague.

(1) (Reply)

Avoiding Cancellation Of USA B1/B2 Visa At The Port Of Entry, POE / Relocating To Rwanda (please Advice) / Hnd In Nigria Or Going To Uk To Hussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.