Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons (2371 Views)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / What Does Bsc. (hons) Means? / What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by Collinsemegreat(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
The heading is something I need clarification on...

I have tried Google but not getting a clear answer.
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by SporaD8: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Collinsemegreat:
The heading is something I need clarification on...

I have tried Google but not getting a clear answer.
People do not graduate with honour, they are instead conferred with honorary degree.
A Degree can either be Academia or Honorary in nature - if you attended an institution to certain level(s), you graduate with an Academia Degree(s) but if any institution want to acknowledge/recognize your personal contributions to the growth of any field of study in their institution regardless of whether you attend the institution or your Academic background, they conferred you with Honorary Degree
For example, Any football academy worldwide will certainly fall over themselves to confer Messi or Ronaldo with their Honorary Degree!

5 Likes

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by olaosebikan01(m): 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
that is totally right
but I have an offer for you
https:///78f9khx5
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by jericco1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Interesting
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by AdeniyiA(m): 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Yeah, money and fame are good, with them you can graduate from any institution within the shortest possible time cool

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by sinkhole: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
SporaD8:

People do not graduate with honour, they are instead conferred with honorary degree.
A Degree can either be Academia or Honorary in nature - if you attended an institution to certain level(s), you graduate with an Academia Degree(s) but if any institution want to acknowledge/recognize your personal contributions to the growth of any field of study in their institution regardless of whether you attend the institution or your Academic background, they conferred you with Honorary Degree
For example, Any football academy worldwide will certainly fall over themselves to confer Messi or Ronaldo with their Honorary Degree!
You're not getting what OP is asking!
OP is saying that what is the difference between "BSc Hons" and just a "BSc"?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by baqirshuayb(m): 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
i heard it somewhere that when u graduate without any carryover u will have Bsc Hons on ur cert but Bsc only when u had any carryover during the course of ur studies

5 Likes

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by salvo583: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
B.sc = Course modules with Final Project
B.sc (Hons) = Course modules with Seminar and Final project
In some countries,
B.sc is without dissertation (final project)
B.sc(Pass) is a shorter degree with lessees modules
B.sc(Hons) is a Bsc with full modules and dissertation

6 Likes

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by salvo583: 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
baqirshuayb:
i heard it somewhere that when u graduate without any carryover u will have Bsc Hons on ur cert but Bsc only when u had any carryover during the course of ur studies
The number of modules you study or apply for determines if you're earning B.sc(Hons), B.sc or B.sc(Pass) programme.
Spending 2 extra years to complete your modules doesn't determine whether its a B.sc(Hons) or B.sc

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by baqirshuayb(m): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
salvo583:

The number of modules you study or apply for determines if you're earning B.sc(Hons), B.sc or B.sc(Pass) programme.
Spending 2 extra years to complete your modules doesn't determine whether its a B.sc(Hons) or B.sc

so it doesnt matter wheather u had carryover during the course of ur studies or not, as long as u studied a course which u have to do dissertation/final project at the end you will be awarded Bsc(Hons), right?
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by salvo583: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
baqirshuayb:

so it doesnt matter wheather u had carryover during the course of ur studies or not, as long as u studied a course which u have to do dissertation/final project at the end you will be awarded Bsc(Hons), right?
YES, but some institution course modules determines. Some universities don't have the same modules

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by merieam16(f): 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lemme go check my certificate if hons is there. Lolzz
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by Lamasta(m): 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
merieam16:
Lemme go check my certificate if hons is there. Lolzz
It means you are not using the cert in your present career grin since you wan just go check
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by Obamise(f): 11:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Everyone, I NEED YOUR HELP.

It's hard getting help in the country but if you can help in any way or this way I'll appreciate.

I'm participating in #FCMBFlexxtern. To meet up, I need votes to push up my chance of being chosen.
3705 votes to go

Vote for me, pls. It only takes 1 minute.

#FCMBFlexxtern5: https://apply.fcmb.com/flexxtern/contest/flexxtern5/submission/790/

Thanks a lot�‍♀️
help me tell a friend by reposting
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by Karlifate: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2021
SporaD8:

You missed the point.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by Karlifate: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2021
sinkhole:

Exactly!
Re: Difference Between Graduating And Graduating With Hons by SporaD8: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2021
Karlifate:

You missed the point.
My Bad!!!
Op's title is Ambiguous, and being the first to comment didn't help my vagueness.
Thanks though, I got the point now.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Scariest Thing In The Whole Entire World / Do U Know That I Can Check Ur Neco Result Free?call / My 2008/2009 Nov/dec Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.