Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (17207 Views)

Interdenominational Christian & Muslim Services To Mark Independence Day / MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by ityP(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
dododawa1:
CAN not serious,upon all the problems of this nation,this is their own point nonsense,if is c-c or m_m that will change d country to better,let it happen God.

That would be an even greater problem. But being a Tinubu fan has blinded you to that
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
ityP:

It's either you're a Tinubu urchin or a Muslim....
na brain dey pain u...
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Rajiolaade: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aufbauh:
Nigerians and parochialism.
Painfully we can't ignore ethno-religious bias from our polity as it has come to stay.

This is one of main reasons the odds favour Osinbajo.
The Christians too in the North has been marginalised over time in politics by the dominant Muslims.
south cannot allow Christian Christian Christian Christian, shonekan, obj.Jonathan, Osinbajo, south must produce Muslim president high time. Helllloooo JAGABANS turn.
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by ityP(m): 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
southniyikaye:
na brain dey pain u...

You don finally open up grin grin
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Aufbauh(m): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Thanks a million mate for your divine input!

@ Aufbauh why can't u guys reason rationally like the fellow I am quoting. Perhaps certain individual's mindsets needs a makeover, a reconstruction.

Personally I don't have time for trolls and those that sounded to be inept of my view or perception.
When @Afriqan insinuated that am a nonpracticing Christian just because of my view, I gave up and hiss.
Between the person you're referring me to and I who's more rational? Rationality is commonsensical and not one strange conspiracy theory that is unsubstantial.

To me Humanity is the ultimate religion,even according to Christ. Any consideration that relegate the attributes of humanity and place ones faith, origin,class, race etc as utmost priority is uncivilised,parochial, inhumane, discriminatory and incompatible.

Nonetheless, I still point it out in my second paragraph that such consideration has become necessary and come to stay in our clime base on our orientation and inclination.
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by ityP(m): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
Rajiolaade:
south cannot allow Christian Christian Christian Christian, shonekan, obj.Jonathan, Osinbajo, south must produce Muslim president high time. Helllloooo JAGABANS turn.

We don't have a problem with this. His vice would be a Christian from the North though. Let's see how it pans out

1 Like

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aufbauh:

Personally I don't have time for trolls and those that sounded to be inept of my view or perception.
When @Afriqan insinuated that am a nonpracticing Christian just because of my view, I gave up and hiss.
Between the person you're referring me to and I who's more rational? Rationality is commonsensical and not one strange conspiracy theory that is unsubstantial.

To me Humanity is the ultimate religion,even according to Christ. Any consideration that relegate the attributes of humanity and place ones faith, origin,class, race etc as utmost priority is uncivilised,parochial, inhumane, discriminatory and incompatible.

Nonetheless, I still point it out in my second paragraph that such consideration has become necessary and come to stay in our clime base on our orientation and inclination.

You're always free to hiss at concepts you don't understand, but what I said is legit, fact. Your own liberal mindset and perspective of "common sense" is not what we have as a majority mentality, this is what politicians know and forms core variables in their winning strategies.

Stick to your POV, it's beautiful, but it's as useless as bringing a toothpick to a battlefront when u talk about Nigerian politics.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by ityP(m): 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
God sha has a way of doing things. Tinubu becomes president, with a northern Muslim as Vice. One year into his government, oga kicks bucket and Northern rule continues grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by ityP(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
Afriqan:

You're always free to hiss at concepts you don't understand, but what I said is legit, fact. Your own liberal mindset and perspective of "common sense" is not what we have as a majority mentality, this is what politicians know and forms core variables in their winning strategies.

Stick to your POV, it's beautiful, but it's as useless as bringing a toothpick to a battlefront when u talk about Nigerian politics.

You've hit the nail on its head. Person dey preach this kind yeye preaching for country wey carry religion for head? Is it ment?

1 Like

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by seunayantokun(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
Afamed:

What's the population of Ghana? Hypocrite Lazy Youths

What's the population of the US? ...China?
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Kingstanding: 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
MRDEE01:
In a religiously sensitive society like ours it better we have a Christian/ Muslim or Muslim/Christian ticket.

Hello nairalanders.
I am an experienced bolt driver based in abuja.

I am looking for a partner who can provide me a car to drive on Bolt platform,either on weekly remittance or hire purchase basis.

Thank you.
What have we gained from this present Muslim/ Christian tickets? Religion matter will never let Nigeria progress.

1 Like

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by seunayantokun(m): 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
ityP:

We don't have a problem with this. His vice would be a Christian from the North though. Let's see how it pans out

Those destroying this country from the north will see themselves as defeated if a Christian from the north is Vice President in 2023. They are not ready for that.

1 Like

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
ityP:

You've hit the nail on its head. Person dey preach this kind yeye preaching for country wey carry religion for head? Is it ment?

Don't mind him. Educated southerners like us are always the first to preach neutrality, when the opposite is in fact what forms the core factors at play in the Nigerian society... The other day, MURIC came out to say Muslims didn't want a Yoruba Christian as President, that Yoruba Muslims have been sidelined, that's a subtle way of advocating for a Yoruba Muslim (i.e. Tinubu) as President. Religious organizations are the most powerful political organisations we have because they have more power to influence opinions free of charge, much more than any political jingle or money-sharing tactic...

2 Likes

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by chloride6: 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Afamed:

What's the population of Ghana? Hypocrite Lazy Youths

What is the population of China?
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by abbey621(m): 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Forgodsgrace:

Oga no dey deceive yourself,with the latest happenings in town,same faith candidates can’t work.you can imagine presenting a Muslim Muslim candidates to the middle belters where Fulanis are killing them turning their land to refugee camp and taking over their lands or Easterners.This is not 1993,Be sensitive for once.

What has Osibanjo done for those people? Afterall is he not a Christian? What did Goodluck Jonathan do for them? You're the insensitive one, in advanced societies competency usually outweighs sentiments, so you mean to those middle belters they would rather choose a clueless Christian president over an competent Islamic one? No wonder things keep falling apart......Stop clowning!
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by abbey621(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
Afriqan:

People like you only read to criticize and argue than to understand the text and opinion in each write-up.

I'm glad you called it opinion, now read the definition of opinion and explain why you do not need to be criticized for your limited point of view!
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by dadabashua1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
powerkey:
Never will Muslim Muslim ticket happen in Nigeria.

However its either an Igbo rules or Muslims will rule Nigeria forever.

Thunderstorms
I'm Yoruba, if Igbos present a very credible candidate that will move the country forward myself and my family will give him our votes.

1 Like

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by funshint(m): 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
etokhana:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/28/can-opposes-christian-christian-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket-in-2023/
Pls they should stop all these! In 1992 when Abiola won with a muslim-muslim ticket there was no noise like this. Of what difference is the Muslim-Christian ticket we even have now?! Pls let's stop over-heating the polity unnecessarily.
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
abbey621:

I'm glad you called it opinion, now read the definition of opinion and explain why you do not need to be criticized for your limited point of view!

Everything is an opinion, that doesn't mean there is no right or wrong opinion...

Regardless, you're free to hold on to your views, but remember you quoted me trying to critique what you didn't understand. It doesn't work that way cos you were unable to prove to me that my assertions about the influence of religion in the Nigerian society is flawed.

Now try to read to understand (stop that bad habit of picking points to argue again and again without learning):

Politicians are way smarter than most of you guys. While you try to use western ideologies in Nigeria, they just use Nigerian ideologies in Nigeria to subjugate, dominate and manipulate the people and cash out continuously. They understand the power of religion and other demographic tools and use them well... But quasi-educated and -enlightened people like yourself would come out and try to apply western ideology to the uneducated 'mallam' in Jigawa... Most of us- the educated class- are not as smart as we think!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nigeria going into airplane mode grin
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Empiree: 9:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
powerkey:
Never will Muslim Muslim ticket happen in Nigeria.

However its either an Igbo rules or Muslims will rule Nigeria forever.

Thunderstorms
Nigeria is a Muslim country cry
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Germi9: 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Una no get level
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by abbey621(m): 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Afriqan:

Everything is an opinion, that doesn't mean there is no right or wrong opinion...

Regardless, you're free to hold on to your views, but remember you quoted me trying to critique what you didn't understand. It doesn't work that way cos you were unable to prove to me that my assertions about the influence of religion in the Nigerian society is flawed.

Now try to read to understand (stop that bad habit of picking points to argue again and again without learning):

Politicians are way smarter than most of you guys. While you try to use western ideologies in Nigeria, they just use Nigerian ideologies in Nigeria to subjugate, dominate and manipulate the people and cash out continuously. They understand the power of religion and other demographic tools and use them well... But quasi-educated and -enlightened people like yourself would come out and try to apply western ideology to the uneducated 'mallam' in Jigawa... Most of us- the educated class- are not as smart as we think!

Sounds like more excuses upon excuses, they understand the power of religion so we should just accept it and play along? You claim the uneducated ones/Mallams are indoctrinated to religion and politicians are capitalizing on it, so why do you want to keep repeating the same cycle?

Should it not be the job of the educated/enlightened ones to open the eyes of the uneducated ones? Why accept defeat or status quo? I'm sure some of us educated simpletons are religious as well. The Nigerian way, the African way has been used so many times to justify cruel, wicked and plain disgusting ways of doing things, we can do better, we have to do better otherwise what's the point? You might as well say Nigeria is doomed and continue eating, sleeping like nothing matters!

I'll go back to the original critique, if Christian presidents/vice presidents have had no positive impact on policies protecting Christians especially those in the North, why continue the charade? What did Goodluck or Osibanjo do for Christian lives and safety? You honestly sit here and tell me you believe it is better to ignore competent leaders and favor incompetent ones just because of religion? Forget about the uneducated ones, what do you BELIEVE?
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by dododawa1: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
ityP:

That would be an even greater problem. But being a Tinubu fan has blinded you to that
I can se that you have reading problem.
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Thebigheart: 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Afamed:

Definitely he would be right to his fellow hypocrites

Truth is bitter right?
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by PavillionEnergy: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
[s]
post=107144939:
A better Nigeria is all we want , not any kinda political shenanigans..

We've learnt not to bother ourselves anymore to avoid unnecessary mentions from nonentities and online thugs and touts, AKA Children of hate, frustrations and perdition.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents.
So be it.

We Rise.

That is what we have been proclaiming everywhere for almost 2 years now.
We shall move forward in our darling nation.
So shall it be in Jesus name.
Insha Allah.

We Rise again!!
[/s]

He is finally feeling the heat. You think you own Nairaland. For every rubbish you spew here, we are always around to counter you. Report us for ban, na you go tire.
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by helinues: 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
ityP:

But it seems that would be the combo if Tinubu gets the ticket. If he goes for a northern Christian as vice, gaskiya, he has lost the north

Very conditional statement
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by GetMeRight: 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aufbauh:
Nigerians and parochialism.
Painfully we can't ignore ethno-religious bias from our polity as it has come to stay.

This is one of main reasons the odds favour Osinbajo.
The Christians too in the North has been marginalised over time in politics by the dominant Muslims.

Really? Since 1999:
Obj Christian: 8 years
Yaradua Muslim: 2 years
Jonathan Christian: 6 years
Buhari Muslim: 8 years.

How did it favour Muslims more than Christians? But I get it as u don insert northern Christians. Lol
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by GetMeRight: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
alsudan:
Waiting for Thiefnibu urchins to gather here and tell us religion doesn’t matter in this present day Nigeria that is dangerously divided along religious and tribal lines.

2023 is the turn of Southern Christians, anything else is unacceptable.

Hmmm!
Obj is a southern Christian 8 years.
Jonathan is a Southern Christian 6 years.
Southern Muslims: nothing yet
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Barims(m): 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
No Muslims should be given presidential tickets or allowed to govern Nigeria again they've done so much damage to the country and it citizen I'm even proud to be a Muslim
Terrorists headslammers
Re: 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by olatuns2017: 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Loyalists Want APC Chair, Adamu, Removed Before Campaigns / Mugabe: Osinbajo Returns To Nigeria From Zimbabwe (photo) / Osun Decides: PDP Is Ready – Okowa Reacts As Adeleke Wins Governorship Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.