Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe (6353 Views)

Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal / Any Prophesy Concerning Zambia Vs Nigeria Match? / Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by DASLEEKY: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2011
Why can't we read and understand what the issue is before mouthing off dust:
[size=16pt]
"Fifa says it is investigating unusual betting patterns relating to Nigeria's 4-1 win over Argentina in Abuja on Wednesday.

When the score was 4-0 in the friendly game, a large number of bets were placed on there being a fifth goal.

Only five minutes of injury time were shown, but eight had elapsed when Mauro Boselli scored a contentious penalty given against Joseph Yobo for handball.

Fifa said in a statement: "This match was one we had an active interest in."
[/size]
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by mrofficial(m): 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2011
The same players that couldn't beat Ethiopia. Why?
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Milldon(m): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2011
This same argentine team lost to poland by 2-1 on sunday.Will fifa investigate d match too?
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by bisiaet: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2011
This is exactely what I have be saying now look at what our Super Eagle has caused I said it that if we can beat a Acountry of Argrntina 4-1 I mean Argentina of all country that much and they struggle to beat Ethiopia I suspect so many question may arise due to this failure in part of Eagle now here we are in it again.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Limaoscar: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2011
;d :d
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Limaoscar: 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
Has FIFA finished investigating Sepp Blatter?

cheesy grin no mind them jare, dem no get work again.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by snowdrops(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2011
b0dnel:

Has FIFA finished investigating Sepp Blatter?
omo; one bottle of big stout to you.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by 190: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2011
hold up peeps do u mean 9ja couldnt beat ethiopia after that last match with argies shocked shocked
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by DaDoctor: 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2011
if na dem beat us silly now whey dem go investigate am?
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
PDP don enter here again
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2011
dem wan turn football to wwe grin
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by mamagee3(f): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
b0dnel:

[size=28pt]Has FIFA finished investigating Sepp Blatter?[/size]
I doubt it, the whole organization needs to shut down until new committees are installed. . .

The current committee are ruining the game.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by bamosagie(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2011
All this while that Argentina have been on the winning side FIFA did not investigate anybody, Spain won by four unreplied goals, FIFA did not investigate, switzerland drew with England in wembly, no investigation. Nigeria 4 Argentina 1, dem wan investigate! and all unpatroitic nairalanders suddenly start wondering IF.
Double standard, I am waiting & watching NFF, they should stand up to FIFA and tell them what dirty b.astard they are, they should complete the investigation Sepp and co before visiting Nigeria, while they are at it someone should suggest that FIFA should apologise to Amos Adamu and make reparation.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by adefemi1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
fresh air
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by andyanders: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
I think the referee is sick and not normal. Even the 5 mins extra time he allowed the game to play till about 9mins whhen he awarded an uncalled penalty. That referee should be suspended for life.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Koikoi(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2011
The match b/w Ethiopia and Nigeria shud be investigated. I suspect a foul play in that game. pple are betting that Nigeria will not be in the next African cup of Nations
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2011
HMMMMMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so we cudnt beat ethopia?,,,,tnk GOD i didnt even border to watch it
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by ibnquasale(m): 2:47am On Jun 07, 2011
It was not easy beating the Ethiopians simply because of technical problems, they got to the country 2 am on the day of the match and there is this altitude problem too, i will blame the loss on NFF, who will not always do a proper background check on our opponents,

Make una no mind fifa, them leave AIDS and Cancer come dey probe catarrh embarassed shocked tongue
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by JimmyBoy1: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2011
The last 10 mins of the match was weird, but I strongly believe that the two FAs were not involved, refree was doing his thing.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by audujosh(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2011
First i thought this was a joke, but after Nigeria failed to beat Ethiopia am giving it a second thought.
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by oladayo042: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2011
Sighs shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
I beg, Nigeria beat Argentina hands down. Make FIFA go sit down
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
got opne for you,senegal beat france at the opening of one world cup but since then senegal has been having problems on the african soccer scene,think fifa should investigate that too
Re: Fifa Launch Argentina Vs Nigeria Match-fixing Probe by ibdguy: 4:06am On Jun 08, 2011
Was a little surprised by how comfortably we beat the Argentines, but just as surprised FIFA has thought of investigating. The word 'investigating' and FIFA in the same sentence these days just seems squalid somehow.
The referees penalty in time added on (if you can call the extent of that amount of time 'added on'- you could have three kids and enjoy retirement in that much time)- Now that was a moment of pure comedic genius worth the price of admission alone!
Urgh pleaze!
The game is over.
The match won.
Someone somewhere has way too much time on their hands in my humble opinion
FIFA surely has more important issues to concern themselves with. World Cup bidding process anyone?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do People Actually Win Up To #1million With #100 In Bet9ja? / Look At What Barca Cost Me / Free Bet9ja Code For Tomorrow And Next accumulated games.z78p8rjl Good Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.