Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa (4601 Views)

"This Is Not Democracy": Jaafar Jaafar Reacts To Sack Of Kano, Plateau Govs / What We Have In Nigeria Is Not Democracy But Agberocracy - Apostle Suleman / Karu LGA, Nasarawa Holds Mini Rally For Tinubu, Governor Sule, Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
and risk somebody like stella bra to have it easy to reach the top....??

noo....nigeria should have a system like china built on merrit and not because of penis or vagina....
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
DOTian:
Utopian..
It can be 70% women and 30% men, yet he who plays the piper dictates the tune.. It's like making igbos ministers while Buhari is still the president....What matters is that you put in place adequate legislative and policy structures to safeguard and enhance the forward movement of women in the society. Most floor managers in China are women, but they don't even make up to 1/3 of the politburo..
My proposal for executive roles like presidency is to make gender-mixed tickets compulsory by law. So a male presidential candidate will only be allowed to pick a female running mate and a female presidential candidate will only be allowed to pick a male running mate, by law. Same for governors. That way, if anything happens to the president or any governor, a woman will become the acting president or acting governor, and she might even be re-elected if she does a great job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Ayo081(m): 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
And the only woman in that thread is more interested in making money not what they are saying on her gender's behalf

Vagina people ehn grin
lol
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by chiefobdk2: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
KashApp:
At least, 60-70% of Nigerians home and abroad would have been celebrating since yesterday based on a particular news if not for God. lipsrsealed
lol
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun:
My proposal for executive roles like presidency is to make gender-mixed tickets compulsory by law. So a male presidential candidate will only be allowed to pick a female running mate and a female presidential candidate will only be allowed to pick a male running mate, by law. Same for governors. That way, if anything happens to the president or any governor, a woman will become the acting president or acting governor, and she might even be re-elected if she does a great job.

not a good idea....if women wan get their,they should compete too....

2 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Ayo081(m): 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
siofra:
Don't mind that Seun

He will not come and focus on making nairaland a better place. See how redpillers are spreading false, harmful ideologies about women all over this forum, he will not come and censor that one. Reddit is already doing the needful and Google is filtering some toxic redpill propaganda from their search engine.

Seun which way cry You're just like the Nigerian government angry

Anyway I'm in one of those screenshots cheesy cheesy

Na you wan make money?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
look...i dont understand....women are good in many other areas....

if nigerian women were that interested in politics,believe me nobody can stop them...
its nigerian women you are talkin about here....very strong head....
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
siofra:
Don't mind that Seun

He will not come and focus on making nairaland a better place. See how redpillers are spreading false, harmful ideologies about women all over this forum, he will not come and censor that one. Reddit is already doing the needful and Google is filtering some toxic redpill propaganda from their search engine.
Seun which way cry You're just like the Nigerian government angry
Anyway I'm in one of those screenshots cheesy cheesy
Interesting!
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
tsdarkside:
and risk somebody like stella bra to have it easy to reach the top....??

noo....nigeria should have a system like china built on merrit and not because of penis or vagina....
There are many smart, capable, brilliant women who have never tried to contest for office because they know that the odds would be against them simply because they are women. My proposal, if implemented would level the playing field and thus motivate those brilliant women to get involved in politics.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
See this one. grin grin
Seun don see food grin

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun:
There are many smart, capable, brilliant women who have never tried to contest for office because they know that the odds would be against them simply because they are women. My proposal, if implemented would level the playing field and thus motivate those brilliant women to get involved in politics.

haved you experienced a nigerian woman before....??

if they were realy that interested in politics,you wouldnt be able to stop them....

anyways,without money nobody can enter politics....
you need money,and alot of it....

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
tsdarkside:
look...i dont understand....women are good in many other areas....

if nigerian women were that interested in politics,believe me nobody can stop them...
its nigerian women you are talkin about here....very strong head....
They would be more interested in politics if it wasn't dominated by men and the things men care about. If 50% of NASS was female the things females care more about such as how to ensure that all girls are allowed to go to school, how to take care of women and children in refugee camps, how to protect women from sexual assault and domestic violence, etc would be in the news more often and women would be more interested. In other words, women don't care about politics because politics is dominated by men and focused on men's issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun:
They would be more interested in politics if it wasn't dominated by men and the things men care about. If 50% of NASS was female the things females care more about such as how to ensure that all girls are allowed to go to school, how to take care of women and children in refugee camps, how to protect women from sexual assault and domestic violence, etc would be in the news more often and women would be more interested. In other words, women don't care about politics because politics is dominated by men and focused on men's issues.

now,you are trying to force them....

you will only end up with stella odua type dem....

this kind only interest shoppin....

imagine somebody like paris hilton becomin americas president....

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by angelfallz(m): 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
The bolded,
That is a very flawed logic.

Seun:
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by angelfallz(m): 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
@seun i just your tweet about 50:50 representation in legislature, i just have to say:
1. you are reasoning like a baby.
2. how would having 50:50 representation improve our country's situation?
We need to restructure Nigeria and move away from this parasitic federal structure, to a true federal structure where the various federating units have autonomy, control over their revenues, resources etc.

3 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun:
1) We are a nation of laws. If 50% of the people making laws are women, then it will be very difficult to pass laws that are misogynistic because women won't vote for them. Male legislators seeking to have their bills passed will have to make them more women-friendly to win the votes of their female colleagues. Also, with the cooperation of enlightened lawmakers, bills that make life better for women will be easy to push through. That's the goal.

2) The existence of a large number of female legislators visibly fighting for women's rights will cause other Nigerian women to believe that they, too, can fight for their rights and win.

We've had women like diezani in the corridors of power, as we speak we have women in the sanate and house of reps, our minister of finance is a woman....how has all this done anything to push gender equality? Liberia that had a female president what did it do to fix the country? Today domestic violence in Liberia is one of the highest on the continent, Even if we have equal representation of women in Abuja does that mean they can't be bribed and compromise? Your argument is like saying that having an Igbo president will reduce inequality and poverty in the region. It's not about the person's biological makeup but his ideology and nigerians either women or men aren't driven by ideology but self interest. I find your argument very weak and shallow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by blackmantis: 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
Competence should always be placed over gender, tribe and religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by dprpikin: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun:

I would appreciate to know some of these odds that do discourage women from contesting for the position of their choice. Also, how were the women in government currently surmounted theirs?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun:
1) We are a nation of laws. If 50% of the people making laws are women, then it will be very difficult to pass laws that are misogynistic because women won't vote for them. Male legislators seeking to have their bills passed will have to make them more women-friendly to win the votes of their female colleagues. Also, with the cooperation of enlightened lawmakers, bills that make life better for women will be easy to push through. That's the goal.

2) The existence of a large number of female legislators visibly fighting for women's rights will cause other Nigerian women to believe that they, too, can fight for their rights and win.
Two things you're not putting into account:

1.) Equal opportunity doesn't bring about equal outcome.
This is very evident in many egalitarian societies. The more they enforced equality, the wider the gap between men and women. This is partly because women and men are inherently different.
For example, if you take the 100 most violent people in the world, 98 of that 100 will be men. Why is that?
This doesn't mean that women can't or shouldn't join in politics, but that no matter what you do, THERE WILL BE NO EQUALITY OF OUTCOME. If you still hold to rule of equal opportunity that is. Jacinta of New Zealand, although prime minister, most of the people in the political sphere are men. Take that as an example.

2. Are men and women truly equal in Nigeria?
Yes, roughly so. But this equal number is not consistent across all ages, socioeconomic status and many other factors. For example, more boys are born than girls in Nigeria. But more men die than women. At the age of 40, there's an exponential change in the number of men to women leaning on the women's side. This keeps growing and growing over the age groups. So in the real sense, there are more women in society than men in their prime ages. And more teenagers and young adults as men. Now, what if we touch upon their socioeconomic status and background?
Yet, while they have the numbers and can easily dominate, the outcomes still favour men. Why is that? Because men and women are inherently wired differently. Most women, will turn down positions of leadership. Most women will not join the army. Before you counter with the Nigerian society and culture, please take a look at the more egalitarian societies and ask why these patterns still remain the same.
I hope now you can see the charade of 50:50 for what it is.

Have a nice day sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
Well are we saying that if there aren't women educated enough to fill the 50% quota, we should put illiterate women there?

Are you aware this is the same quota system that has ruined Nigeria to this point?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Astrid4(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun:

Female care more about such as how to ensure that all girls are allowed to go to school

@ d bolded is a myth
We have a 7 females senators in the national house of assembly right now
The PDP senators-elect are Stella Oduah (Anambra North), Uche Ekwunife (Anambra Central), Rose Oko (Cross River North) and Fatimat Raji-Rasaki (Ekiti Central).

Those elected on APC platform are Oluremi Tinubu (Lagos Central) and Binta Garba (Adamawa North) and Monsurat Jumoke Sunmonu (Oyo Central), and none of these of these senators and I repeat none of these senators are really concerned about how girls child go to school...there has never been any special empowerment program created by this parliamentarian except from Stella oduah(former aviation minister even charged with alot of corruption in goodluck's regime) in their constituency even their male counterpart are doing more in the area of female empowerment and girl child education most especially in the region were education is an Haram for the female the like ishaku abbo is a perfect example
And another issue is meritocracy are we just giving them this position all because of the fact they're women or because they merit the position okonjo iweala has been the finance minister from obasanjo regime till Jonathan regime just cos of the fact she merit not because she is a woman... Nigeria as an heterogeneous society will vote for someone who has been able to create rapol with almost all section of the countryhow many women really has that features...women inclusion in Nigeria politics still has a long way to go...cos no is ready to cede to one just because of gender.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Newboss(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
Here I was thinking the guy was smart.

We have not finished dealing with the quota system we already have and oga wants to create another much more horrible quota system.

Yeah, give her a pass because she has toto. A system built on sexual organs. What a fûcking mess. We have ministry of women affairs but not men affairs. Sexist pigs created that shît. Now, you wanna create another?

Don't be a simp bro

3 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Zenithh: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2021
flokii:
I don't think Mr Seun understands the kind of country we are living in where muslim men want to hide their wives at home, fully kitted in hijab never to be seen on the streets.

Hardly will you see female senators or reps member from the North cos of their religious fanatism. It's only Southern women that get the opportunity to contest, vote and be voted for due to a much liberal disposition in the South.

Are u intentionally leaving out the women from the South East region who have mostly been relegated to the background because they are simply ‘women’. How about ‘you don’t talk when I am talking’,’a woman is not supposed to do this and that’ etc

The country called Nigeria is indeed a complex-complex entity...then some region and their archaic grooming made it worse.

To me,I think men have failed in most ramifications. when it comes to politics et al...we have reduced it to a kill/die affair,,
cult killings? Na our fellow men dey do am.

Arm robbery? Men.

Go to Afghanistan...na fellow men with blokos dey cause nightmare.

Go to the North and see banditry...men.

Go to South East...na men doing unknown gunmen.

Go to the South South...na so so militancy,still our fellow men.
Go to South West...na still d men doing one chance and putting rob for person eyes.

I can go on and on.

The world is totally wrong...we have really failed the world.

These women should take the lead already and let’s see if Nigeria and d world would be a better place.
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Zenithh: 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun the women too are their own problem.

A mother starts injecting the subservient nature into the female child, same home where these two gender are being groomed from young.
In fact, It’s the women who make it look like the world affairs is strictly for men.

If u doubt me,check out 99% of Nigeria homes.

My own be say,make we men rest...these women should take over. The evil we men don cause for this world,no be am.

Men can we rest?! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 6:05am On Oct 30, 2021
angelfallz:
@seun i just your tweet about 50:50 representation in legislature, i just have to say:
1. you are reasoning like a baby.
2. how would having 50:50 representation improve our country's situation?
We need to restructure Nigeria and move away from this parasitic federal structure, to a true federal structure where the various federating units have autonomy, control over their revenues, resources etc.

exactly....let the northern states do their northern stuffs....
let the southern states do their southern stuffs....

each state do their own thing....

i mean a grown up child dont sleep in the same room with the parents....
nigeria is united enough....what nigeria needs now is autonomy for each states....

federal goverment can have abuja....

2 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 6:08am On Oct 30, 2021
TripleOh7:
Well are we saying that if there aren't women educated enough to fill the 50% quota, we should put illiterate women there?

Are you aware this is the same quota system that has ruined Nigeria to this point?

tell am....

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tsdarkside(m): 6:11am On Oct 30, 2021
Newboss:
Here I was thinking the guy was smart.

We have not finished dealing with the quota system we already have and oga wants to create another much more horrible quota system.

Yeah, give her a pass because she has toto. A system built on sexual organs. What a fûcking mess. We have ministry of women affairs but not men affairs. Sexist pigs created that shît. Now, you wanna create another?

Don't be a simp bro

kiki....sexualorganscracy....
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by DOTian: 9:23am On Oct 30, 2021
Seun:

The major problem here is the unwillingness on the part of the conservative elements within the Nigerian society to "free" the women folks from these prehistoric cultural inhibitions that have mitigated against womens abilities to thrive freely in different fields. While there are positives in your suggestions, I think we should be more concerned with the fact that some of the age long beliefs that don't favor women across board are solidifying..., even when we're seeing some kind of managed "let ups" in other conservative cultures...

In Saudi Arabia for instance, against all expectations, there are moves to allow women to drive and all that.. But here in Kano, edicts were being tossed around to stop women from riding the same buses and Keke with men! At that rate, in few years time, Kano might be heading towards banning women from driving. This obviously means that we are heading towards the other direction on this issue and this boils down to dominant cultural practices espoused by the elites of these enclaves who also dominate politics..

Reasonable changes will be guaranteed if such starts from the bottom. Otherwise, it will be construed as a cultural war between the different cultures in the country and will be challenged. If progressive elements within the different tribal enclaves in the country, take it upon themselves to skew the modernisation of cultural practices towards liberal paths, you will then have the foundation to climb on. But then what do we have here? Emir Sanusi as the emir of Kano talked up women's right but ended up marrying a much younger bride! Maybe we need Chairman Mao and his cultural revolution here..
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2021
You see this women sexism thing, its becoming too much for my liking.

The reason this problem will never go away is that people are unwilling to see it for what it is.

Go and consult the history books and look at every single woman who rose to power in whatever form.

They did not get there by the charity of such nonsense as "gender equality"

They got there by growing the balls needed to be there. Balls of brass and steel

Think about it.

The tussle for power among the dominant male is already killing enough

Its a battle of wits, intrigue, betrayal, blackmail, compromise......sometimes even blood. Its already bloody enough. Everybody is a rival and potential roadblock to each individuals quest for power. Everything and anything can be used as a weapon to get rid of that competition.

A woman then steps into that den.... A den of wild power hungry lions embroiled in tearing each other apart. What do you think is going to happen to that woman. They would simply make mince meat of her if she is not up to the task of holding her own

The cheapest card to draw in a power tussle with a woman is the gender card. And it is almost always enough all the time.

Not because the woman is incapable but because most women behave in a very predictable manner.

Draw the gender card and most of them will get sidetracked into the gender tantrum. A welcome distraction.

Most women in history who rose to power understood the game and played it like its meant to be played.

You draw a gender card on them and they go right ahead to draw an equally powerful card on you. So while the world is ruminating on the gender card, give them something about the enemy to think about too.

And that's how the game is played.

You're never going to get to the top expecting to be somebody's charity case. If that is your expectation, it simply means you are not fit for the post.

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2021
Learn from the situation Nigeria has found itself!
I am guessing it should also be 50 % Muslim and Christian? Where does it stop?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
SATANICALLY:
Coming from someone with no single female super moderator. I only know of Lalasticlala and Mynd44..

Hopefully, Seun would take his own advice and make the male to female ratio of his Super Moderators even..
We have 4 paid moderators. Mukina2 and Dominique are the females.

6 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by donbrowser(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
Seun:

We have 4 paid moderators. Mukina2 and Dominique are the females.

Gbas Gbos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Entertaining Nigerians At Tribunal – Pastor Giwa / Video : David Hundeyin Exposes Boko Haram Sponsors / Bode George Arrested By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.