Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? (827 Views)

What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Steep: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
There are many things people believe but have not seen, probably will not see them throughout their entire life. However, does that mean they are foolish or have a low IQ?

Viruses,bacteria and other micro organisms are not seen with bare eyes but however we believe they are real because their activities can be observed and only recently were aids invented to be able to see and study them but the early scientist who discovered them probably never saw them but concluded they must exist simply by observing natural occurrence. So, many people including you there reader probably may not be able to see them but you might believe they exist.

Atoms, electrons, protons, etc were never seen yet men of old proposed the theory of their existence, how did they arrive at this? Through logic! Atoms were called in divisible form of matter. The logic stem from division, yes if we keep dividing or breaking down matter to it's nearest minimum, we get to a point where we can no longer divide or break it by any physical means, the form of matter at that point is what they called atom.
Guess what it is true to some certain extent.

Alot of things we believe to be true, have not personally being experienced but are probably true.
For example we believe if we jump into a moving vehicle we might get killed but have we experiment it? NO! But we believe it is true probably base on what has happened to others.

Belief in God
With these in mind is it logical to believe on the existence of God?
YES!
Although we cannot see God, the creation is an evidence that he exist.
I have prayed to God and gotten answers
His words are tested and trusted.
Do I need to see God before I believe?
No, just as I don't need to jump into a moving vehicle to know I can die by doing it. I believe in God base on the evidences provided by nature and base on logic.
For example only life can give rise to life.
If I believe in God then who created God
These question is only valid if God was part of the creation, just like saying "If cars are made of metals, then the creators should also be made of metals"
Everything that is created must have a beginning but the ultimate creator does not.

Psalms 19:1-3 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Jashub: 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
Steep:
There are many things people believe but have not seen, probably will not see them throughout their entire life. However, does that mean they are foolish or have a low IQ?

Viruses,bacteria and other micro organisms are not seen with bare eyes but however we believe they are real because their activities can be observed and only recently were aids invented to be able to see and study them but the early scientist who discovered them probably never saw them but concluded they must exist simply by observing natural occurrence. So, many people including you there reader probably may not be able to see them but you might believe they exist.

Atoms, electrons, protons, etc were never seen yet men of old proposed the theory of their existence, how did they arrive at this? Through logic! Atoms were called in divisible form of matter. The logic stem from division, yes if we keep dividing or breaking down matter to it's nearest minimum, we get to a point where we can no longer divide or break it by any physical means, the form of matter at that point is what they called atom.

Alot of things we believe to be true, have not personally being experienced but are probably true.
For example we believe if we jump into a moving vehicle we might get killed but have we experiment it? NO! But we believe it is true probably base on what has happened to others.

Belief in God
YES!
No, just as I don't need to jump into a moving vehicle to know I can die by doing it. I believe in God base on the evidences provided by nature and base on logic.
These question is only valid if God was part of the creation, just like saying "If cars are made of metals, then the creators should also be made of metals"
Everything that is created must have a beginning but the ultimate creator does not.

Psalms 19:1-3 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Nice
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
Steep:

Belief in God
YES!

Tell them! The proof of Seun is Nairaland, the proof of Mr.Toyoda is his Toyotas, the proof of owner of House is Control over the House. The Proof of Creator is THAT NOTHING CREATES ITSELF, in this world!
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Steep: 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Tell them! The proof of Seun is Nairaland, the proof of Mr.Toyoda is his Toyotas, the proof of owner of House is Control over the House. The Proof of Creator is THAT NOTHING CREATES ITSELF, in this world!

It is common sense
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

It is common sense

Yes O! Very simple common sense but stupid anger and hatred for God deprives them of good, common sense.
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by LordReed(m): 6:05am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

Belief in God
YES!

We know viruses and bacteria exist because we have evidence. For gods we still are waiting for evidence.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Steep: 7:22am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

We know viruses and bacteria exist because we have evidence. For gods we still are waiting for evidence.
we know God exist because we have evidence.
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by LordReed(m): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

Produce the evidence.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Steep: 8:07am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

Produce the evidence.
The evidence of God is the creation itself, look around you, man, mountains, air, plants animals etc are all evidence of God.
Only life can give rise to life, this is an indisputable proof of God.
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

The evidence of God is the creation itself, look around you, man, mountains, air, plants animals etc are all evidence of God.

Exactly! The evidence of Mr. Toyoda and Steve Jobs and our Seun here is his Toyotas and iPhones and Nairaland, in the absence of other known evidence.
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:14am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

There is just one single evidence of God's existence but it's a pity that 99.9% of those claiming God exists detests the evidence God Himself presented to them, and without the evidence God Himself presented there's no other way you can proof the existence of God!smiley
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23am On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There is just one single evidence of God's existence but it's a pity that 99.9% of those claiming God exists detests the evidence God Himself presented to them, and without the evidence God Himself presented there's no other way you can proof the existence of God!smiley

There are many evidences but of course, the number of evidence depends on
1) knowledge and ability to identify evidence
2) personal ability to see evidence or evidences!
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by LordReed(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

Why do you think the life that gave rise to life on earth is a god?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

What's the evidence that viruses and bacteria exist?
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by LordReed(m): 9:27am On Oct 30, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

What's the evidence that viruses and bacteria exist?

1. Diseases and illness.

2. We can see them via microscopes.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

1. Diseases and illness.

2. We can see them via microscopes.

How do diseases and illness prove the existence of viruses and bacteria?
You've seen them before? Pls give me a description.
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by kingxsamz(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

Belief in God
YES!

This is poor logic lol.
If I want to know what would happen to a human if they got hit by a car, I can go online and watch videos of accidents where such already happened. We can also use 'test dummies' to ascertain what would happen to a human body if they got hit by a moving vehicle. So this is far from having faith.
Also, bacteria and diseases can be observed based on research and observation like you said. So tell us, what observation and research did you make that made you come to a conclusion that there's a god who created the world for two white people who ate a magical fruit after being deceived by a talking snake?

5 Likes

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

Why do you think the life that gave rise to life on earth is a god?

We little creations are the ones who is calling The Creator of this Mighty House, God.

And it is undisputably Proven, that No Thing, In This World created itself.!
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2021
kingxsamz:

This is poor logic lol.
If I want to know what would happen to a human if they got hit by a car, I can go online and watch videos of accidents where such already happened.

When you watch videos online, you only have about half of the information. And in fact those videos can be staged.

But surely, when a car has TRULY knocked you down, grin you would surely have all the Truest Information in it. grin

So leave video mata, the True Taste of the Soup is in the eating! grin
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by kingxsamz(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2021
Steep:

Lol, humans are not metal and metal are not humans. Besides, you people claim your god has a son, a son who came to earth with human genitals and all. So that point is invalid.
Also, if you're going to use the 'metal analogy', would you agree that the creators of the metal (humans) were also created? If yes, then that applies to your god.

If you're going to tell us that the creation cannot know what the creator is made of, how then can you know that the creator wasn't also created? cheesy even your so called logic is against you. Funny guy.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by kingxsamz(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

When you watch videos online, you only have about half of the information. And in fact those videos can be staged.

But surely, when a car has TRULY knocked you down, grin you would surely have all the Truest Information in it. grin

So leave video mata, the True Taste of the Soup is in the eating! grin

Thank you for trying.
For example we believe if we jump into a moving vehicle we might get killed
My point is based on the probability of dying after being hit by a vehicle, which is what the OP is talking about. You tried, but you failed, Mr lawyer. smiley
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

There are many evidences but of course, the number of evidence depends on

Well it's just one single evidence that our own God promised! smiley
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by LordReed(m): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

How do diseases and illness prove the existence of viruses and bacteria?
You've seen them before? Pls give me a description.

Their presence is indicative of particular diseases or illnesses. When we suspect that such a disease is in progress we can test for the causative organism and invariably we find the same ones causing the same diseases. Definitive proof that they are the causative agent is their absence or very low population in otherwise healthy persons contrasted with their presence and/or high population in affected persons.

Yes I have seen microorganisms under a microscope. It looked something like the attached picture.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:46am On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well it's just one single evidence that our own God promised! smiley

As I said

Always In play!

But it is your eye and your seeing and Only God Knows which God referred to as our own God Promised.
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by LordReed(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We little creations are the ones who is calling The Creator of this Mighty House, God.

And it is undisputably Proven, that No Thing, In This World created itself.!

Sure but we have no evidence that a supernatural anthropomorphic being did it either. What we have evidence for are natural processes operating.

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:52am On Oct 30, 2021
kingxsamz:

Thank you for trying.

My point is based on the probability of dying after being hit by a vehicle, which is what the OP is talking about. You tried, but you failed, Mr lawyer. smiley

grin As my comment shows, I was only addressing your statement there. I do not even know what the 2 of you were on about. That one is una bizi! grin

I just saw your comment and had fun with it! grin

So I Failed nothing! grin
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As I said
Always In play!
But it is your eye and your seeing and Only God Knows which God referred to as our own God Promised.

I am talking about the God of Jehovah's Witnesses, i don't know about yours but our own God as in the God of Jehovah's Witnesses promised us just one evidence as proof of His existence! smiley
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by kingxsamz(m): 10:57am On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin As my comment shows, I was only addressing your statement there. I do not even know what the 2 of you were on about. That one is una bizi! grin

Yeah, since you didn't know, why not keep quiet and learn huh? cheesy
As a lawyer, you should know better nw. Also, stop forcing it, we all know you ain't laughing with those mulipte emojis.
So keep calm and learn. cheesy
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:00am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

Sure but we have no evidence that a supernatural anthropomorphic being did it either. What we have evidence for are natural processes operating.

grin i am Okay with the word "Sure". grin I do not have to go Further, into territories that are beyond reasonable reach.

"res ipsa loquitur" grin
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:04am On Oct 30, 2021
kingxsamz:

Yeah, since you didn't know, why not keep quiet and learn huh? cheesy
As a lawyer, you should know better nw. Also, stop forcing it, we all know you ain't laughing with those mulipte emojis.
So keep calm and learn. cheesy

grin grin grin men am I having a party here. And you guys are great entertainment! So please eh, keep it coming and rollinggrin grin grin
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by kingxsamz(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin men am I having a party here. And you guys are great entertainment! So please eh, keep it coming and rollinggrin grin grin

Like I said, stop trying too hard. cheesy
Re: Can You Believe In that You Cannot See? by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin i am Okay with the word "Sure". grin I do not have to go Further, into territories that are beyond reasonable reach.

"res ipsa loquitur" grin

Non est non.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Jesus Collect Tithes? If So, Where In The Bible Did This Happen? / (Updated) Download Apostle Joshua Selman Messages 2022 / Dancing Naked In The Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.