Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? (7576 Views)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / Lucifer Is Not Satan; Jehovah Not Allah / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2021
Emusan:

That means NT shouldn't be considered as part of the scripture, since the name can't be found it.

If this is true as you claimed, then why WTBTS refused to include the name in some places when they know it's about Jesus Christ?

Where was the separation happened, in the NT or OT?
sorry this is coming late. Read 1st Cor 8 vs 5 and six in your Bible. That Father there is Jehovah in Psalm 83 vs18. He is different and separate person and greater than Jesus and Jesus always refered to him as d one who sent him. Getting to know who alone bears that name will make you ask many, but important questions

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Hundredfold4lif(m): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:

That still begs the question? Why does the YAHWEH not appear in your Bible the number of times it was written?

Yahweh is a transliterated form of God's name
Jehovah is the translated form of it.
Linguistically, a translated word doesn't has to retain the same letters it was translated from?
Let me give you an example in Yoruba if you understand it.
Glass
Transliterated form - Gilàasí
Translated- igo

Also, God's Son name
Transliterated form is Yeshua
Translated form is Jesus

Do you understand?

I have a GOD's name Bible called "The Names of GOD Bible" which has answered the question.
However, whenever I read The Word and found LORD in other translations, l immediately know that's YAHWEH etc!
Objectively I agree with you nonetheless!
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:

Lord, God, Oluwa, Olodumare, Chinese, Almighty and millions of them are titles. They're not names. You don't get it?
A man can be called Engineer, Father, Helper, Teacher but that doesn't mean those should replaced his own personal name like Shola.

You are just raising unnecessary contention. First of all, No Man knows God's True Name,

Therefore, like Adam giving names to things, we also are the ones who have found a way of giving an identity to He Who is The Creator of All.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Hundredfold4lif(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You are just raising unnecessary contention. First of all, No Man knows God's True Name,

Therefore, like Adam giving names to things, we also are the ones who have found a way of giving an identity to He Who is The Creator of All.

Have you ever read the scripture where GOD told Moses what His personal name is?
YAHWEH is God's name.
YESHUA is Christ's redemptive name.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hundredfold4lif:

Have you ever read the scripture where GOD told Moses what His personal name is?
YAHWEH is God's name.
YESHUA is Christ's redemptive name.

God clearly Said "I am, that I am, Tell them I am sent you"

And "I am" surely tells us that His Name is VERY HEAVY AND LOADED but we can manage "I am".

So Yahweh, Yeshua are definitely a tongue of a certain native people.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by hupernikao: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
achorladey:

What's the issue?

To validate his point, title of his thread and validate the point that all other Christians apart from their religious organisation are false Christians for removing the name from Jehovah from the Bible and using it as opportunity to set up TRINITY.

Is Jehovah in the Bible to start with? Is that what what was written in the Bible. Do you have Jehovah as a word in any original writings. Let's start from there if you want to be picking spellings, translations and it's usage.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by haekymbahd(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:

Lord, God, Oluwa, Olodumare, Chinese, Almighty and millions of them are titles. They're not names. You don't get it?
A man can be called Engineer, Father, Helper, Teacher but that doesn't mean those should replaced his own personal name like Shola.

Exodus 6

3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob by the name God Almighty [El-Shaddai], but by My name the Lord [Yahweh--the redemptive name of God] I did not make Myself known to them [in acts and great miracles].

Why did God appeared to Abraham with the name God Almighty?

If Moses had not ask God for his name would God have told him he was Jehovah?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
Vickyvice:
sorry this is coming late. Read 1st Cor 8 vs 5 and six in your Bible. That Father there is Jehovah in Psalm 83 vs18. He is different and separate person and greater than Jesus and Jesus always refered to him as d one who sent him. Getting to know who alone bears that name will make you ask many, but important questions

This doesn't address the questions asked which is directly about your first post.

The name was never used by any NT writers or characters

I'm expecting you to counter that by providing where the name was used by any of them.

Also, Jesus never used the name but I see some people trying to be clever by half saying Jesus quoting the Old Testament means Jesus used the name.

Meanwhile, If that's the case, Jesus must have used CORRECT PRONUNCIATION of the name.
Also, the scribes and Pharisees will have used that opportunity to accuse Jesus of blasphemy for pronouncing a name that was already forbidding to be pronounced.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
haekymbahd:

Exodus 6
3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob by the name God Almighty [El-Shaddai], but by My name the Lord [Yahweh--the redemptive name of God] I did not make Myself known to them [in acts and great miracles].
Why did God appeared to Abraham with the name God Almighty?
If Moses had not ask God for his name would God have told him he was Jehovah?

Abraham knew God's name "JEHOVAH" and often use it. What God is saying in that verse is that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob only knows Him as the God having all powers but He never put His real name into action during their time!

For instance, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob worshiped their God with few people knowing that their God is behind them but there has never been any God whose name goes to the extent JEHOVAH is about to prove Himself.
That's what He meant not that Abraham don't know the name "YHWH" smiley
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
hupernikao:

Is Jehovah in the Bible to start with? Is that what what was written in the Bible. Do you have Jehovah as a word in any original writings. Let's start from there if you want to be picking spellings, translations and it's usage.

Joshua, Jonathan, Jeremiah, Jonah, Jehoshaphat, John , Jesus, James were never pronounced like that because the original Hebrew language doesn't have the letter "J" so if we are using those names today nothing makes any difference using JEHOVAH as the personal name of our own God! smiley
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by hupernikao: 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:

You don't get it, do you?
Nobody cares if that God's name written the same way it was in Hebrew language.
JOY in English and AYO in Yoruba are spelt differently but they have the same meaning. That's translations.
God's name can be translated in whatever language only if it carries the same meaning bad it is in the bible.
They soiled God's word by removing his name and replacing it with title

So what is Jehovah in your language. What does it mean. Name of God? Nah so.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by hupernikao: 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
Vickyvice:
d issue is that if they hadn'tn't removed it from Bible, u will have to start asking questions about Trinity belief, since Jehovah refers to only one person, who would be clearly different from Jesus.imagine if u and your dad are engineers, professors, and your dad's name is Rex and yours is Michael, and somebody comes asking for the engineer, who lives in the house, how will they know who he's asking for? If they hadn't removed it, you will easily know that though, there are many gods and Lord's, to Christians, we have only one God, Jehovah, and one Lord, Jesus. They are different and seperate, just like both of us are physically different.. read Psalm 83 vs18, where d God himself make am totally impossible for the name, Jehovah to be removed from bible, where it says that "you alone whose name is Jehovah". It's in all Bible's. Apart from this verse, most, infact all other places u see "lord", it is supposed to be Jehovah. Remember that Bible also makes us know and understand that the title "Lord", father, reverence can rightfully be addressed to both God himself, Jesus and even man too

If you really understand that concept, you will know that what you proposed above will just beautifully and exactly affirm trinity and removed all doubt from your heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:
Good question.
Absolutely! They called him by his name.
Firstly, Jesus name Jehovah is Salvation cheesy

You said "THEY called him by His name" yet you simply list where Jesus and the Apostles ONLY quoted the Old Testament. cheesy grin cheesy grin

Is that how people CALLED His name in the Old Testament?

Jesus read and quoted them the ancient scrolls. He quoted them exactly how they are. To change even one word would have put his credibility in question and he's against the superstitious belief of the pharisees.

Here are some examples of Jesus quoting the Old Testament that included YHWH's name:

Quoting Deuteronomy 8:3 Jesus says:

It is written: ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’” (Mt 4:4)

Quoting Deuteronomy 6:16 Jesus said:

Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’ (Mt 4:7)

Quoting Deuteronomy 6:13 Jesus said:

Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” (Mt 4:10)

Quoting Psalm 110:1 Jesus said:

Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’? (Mt 22:44)

Yet the pronunciation of the name lost, how did Jesus pronounce it?
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Quoting Isaiah 61:1, 2 Jesus said:

Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free, (Lu 4:18)

This happened in the synagogue, but the Pharisees and Sadducees couldn't accuse Jesus of blasphemy for pronouncing the name and this is the person they've been looking for opportunities to find charges against.

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Quoting Joel 2:32 both the Apostle Peter and Apostle Paul [/b]said:

everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah [YHWH] will be saved. (Acts 2:21; Ro 10:13)

Both Peter and Paul later reveal the person as Jesus Christ

Peter said [b]"Only Jesus has the power to save! His NAME is the ONLY ONE in all the world that can save anyone." Acts 4:12 CEV

Paul said "So you will be saved, if you honestly say, “Jesus is Lord,”..." Rom 10:9 CEV

How can you make something known unless you tell others what it is. Jesus would have had to use the name to make it known to others.

So, why was the Apostles didn't know the pronunciation of the name?

And like an ambassador representing a kingdom, like an envoy or emissary who would proclaim to all who he represented…

Jesus never used the name.

It's so ridiculous to think by quoting book about your father is the best way of using his name not by telling people the actual name.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by hupernikao: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Joshua, Jonathan, Jeremiah, Jonah, Jehoshaphat, John , Jesus, James were never pronounced like that because the original Hebrew language doesn't have the letter "J" so if we are using those names today nothing makes any difference using JEHOVAH as the personal name of our own God! smiley

This isn't the focus. You can are trying to justify using a wrong name for God if I am to follow the line of thought of the OP and his fellow.

So if Jehovah is corrupted name, not what was given, how come it is used and allowed in the OP as God's name but see other names translated as issue.

Like I said, trying to decide doctrine by spellings and name pronunciation is an effort in futility. Doctrine is not premised on that. But if we want to go that route, there are many evidence to proof that wrong as above.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
hupernikao:

This isn't the focus. You can are trying to justify using a wrong name for God if I am to follow the line of thought of the OP and his fellow.
So if Jehovah is corrupted name, not what was given, how come it is used and allowed in the OP as God's name but see other names translated as issue. Like I said, trying to decide doctrine by spellings and name pronunciation is an effort in futility. Doctrine is not premised on that. But if we want to go that route, there are many evidence to proof that wrong as above.

Well Micah has solved the problem:

For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. KJV

For all the peoples will walk, each in the name of its god, But we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever. NWT

The above is what God's prophet wrote in the Bible book of Micah 4:5

And if Jesus could lay so much emphasis on the name of His God {John 17:6, 26} it means something very significant is tied to knowing God by a unique name not just titles along with the usual way others refer to their Gods!

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
In the Hebrew Scriptures, that is the so called Old Testament it was forbidden to call the name of the creator except in during prayers and in the temple. The name Hashem Is used in other cases...
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by haddeylium(m): 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
hupernikao:

So what is Jehovah in your language. What does it mean. Name of God? Nah so.

God himself explained the meaning of his name to his faithful servant Moses. When Moses asked about God’s name, Jehovah replied: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.” (Exodus 3:14)

Rotherham’s translation renders those words: “I Will Become whatsoever I please.”

So God can become whatever is needed in order to fulfill his purposes, and he can cause to happen whatever is required with regard to his creation and the accomplishment of his purpose.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
hupernikao:

I am only making you see the point haddeylium was trying to pass across. My own response to his original post shows the title of his thread has no foundation to stand upon. Since he said knowing the personal name of God is fundamental to having relationship with God then I have asked him where in the scripture did Jesus himself call the name?

The one and only scholar the organization haddeylium belongs himself said Jesus never for once called God by the name JEHOVAH so me I am still waiting for him to tell me the basis of the thread knowing fully well that the relationship Haddeylium has with his earthly father was never based on calling his father by name in the first place.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well Micah has solved the problem:

For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. KJV

For all the peoples will walk, each in the name of its god, But we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever. NWT

The above is what God's prophet wrote in the Bible book of Micah 4:5

And if Jesus could lay so much emphasis on the name of His God {John 17:6, 26} it means something very significant is tied to knowing God by a unique name not just titles along with the usual way others refer to their Gods!

May you have PEACE! smiley

Tell us the name Jesus laid emphasis upon? grin grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by haddeylium(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hundredfold4lif:

I have a GOD's name Bible called "The Names of GOD Bible" which has answered the question.
However, whenever I read The Word and found LORD in other translations, l immediately know that's YAHWEH etc!
Objectively I agree with you nonetheless!

Good for you.
However, most other people do not, because Jehovah/Yahweh name has been removed from most of the Bibles they use.
Many people don’t believe that God’s personal name is Jehovah/Yahweh because the campaign to remove God’s name from His own book is alive and doing well, you can attest to it if you're following this thread even though most of them are misinformed.

In every language in which Jehovah’s Witnesses worship, we accept whatever spelling and pronunciation of God’s name that is already established. it can be in any pronunciation or spelling.

THE true God tells us in his written Word, the Bible: “I am Jehovah. That is my name.” (Isaiah 42:cool
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Emusan:

You said "THEY called him by His name" yet you simply list where Jesus and the Apostles ONLY quoted the Old Testament. cheesy grin cheesy grin

Is that how people CALLED His name in the Old Testament?

Yet the pronunciation of the name lost, how did Jesus pronounce it?
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

This happened in the synagogue, but the Pharisees and Sadducees couldn't accuse Jesus of blasphemy for pronouncing the name and this is the person they've been looking for opportunities to find charges against.

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Both Peter and Paul later reveal the person as Jesus Christ

Peter said "Only Jesus has the power to save! His NAME is the ONLY ONE in all the world that can save anyone." Acts 4:12 CEV

Paul said "So you will be saved, if you honestly say, “Jesus is Lord,”..." Rom 10:9 CEV

So, why was the Apostles didn't know the pronunciation of the name?

Jesus never used the name.

It's so ridiculous to think by quoting book about your father is the best way of using his name not by telling people the actual name.

It's so ridiculous to think by quoting book about your father is the best way of using his name not by telling people the actual name

The point is clear enough.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:

Good for you.
However, most other people do not, because Jehovah/Yahweh name has been removed from most of the Bibles they use.
Many people don’t believe that God’s personal name is Jehovah/Yahweh because the campaign to remove God’s name from His own book is alive and doing well, you can attest to it if you're following this thread even though most of them are misinformed.

In every language in which Jehovah’s Witnesses worship, we accept whatever spelling and pronunciation of God’s name that is already established. it can be in any pronunciation or spelling.

THE true God tells us in his written Word, the Bible: “I am Jehovah. That is my name.” (Isaiah 42:cool

Many people don’t believe that God’s personal name is Jehovah/Yahweh because the campaign to remove God’s name from His own book is alive and doing well...... Haddeylium

against

The Lord unquestionably arranged the omission of His name “Jehovah” from the New Testament, and has permitted the Christian churches throughout this era to overlook God’s outstanding name... Fred Franz (the fourth president of the WTBTS)

Who is removing what? Who is unquestionably arranging and omitting names grin. This is where you should start tackling the MISINFORMATION
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by haddeylium(m): 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

God clearly Said "I am, that I am, Tell them I am sent you"

And "I am" surely tells us that His Name is VERY HEAVY AND LOADED but we can manage "I am".

So Yahweh, Yeshua are definitely a tongue of a certain native people.

Really? What if you go back to the OP's again cos' I don't think you understand an iota of what is been discussed here.

Lemme break it down?
I assumed you're using KJV , The name, Jehovah, occurs in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2; 26:4 and it was removed in more than 7,000 other places it occurs. The question is WHY?
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:

Really? What if you go back to the OP's again cos' I don't think you understand an iota of what is been discussed here.

Lemme break it down?
I assumed you're using KJV , The name, Jehovah, occurs in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2; 26:4 and it was removed in more than 7,000 other places it occurs. The question is WHY?

Who is removing what? Who is unquestionably arranging and omitting names. This is where you should start tackling the MISINFORMATION.

To show you the name you are making an issue of is no issue in this first place. Show us a scripture where Jesus accused the religious leaders of his day for not emphasising his father's name?

Show us where the apostles of Jesus Christ made issues of God's name.

Show us where those that came after the apostles made issues about God's name.

Here is what you need

1. From the inception of C.T. Russell’s movement, the English rendering of the Hebrew Divine Name – Jehovah – was used by the Bible Students. It is important to note that this was just simple fact at the time. You will still hear Christians of various denominations using the Name today in similar fashion. It was being used, but it was not being made into an issue in its own right that required special promotion.

2. It took five decades for the usage of the name Jehovah to really become a “hot topic” in its own right. The pivotal event was, not surprisingly, Rutherford’s move to name the organization “Jehovah’s witnesses” (although technically he was still denying that it was an organization at the time). As with just about everything Rutherford did, it was another move to create a chasm between the movement and other religions.

3. Having made this sudden unilateral move in 1931, the question would naturally have arisen as to how appropriate this choice of label was for a Christian movement. It would have been, and remains, a valid question, given that those worshiping in “spirit and truth” had already been given a name by divine providence – Christians (Acts 11:26). A further eight decades down the line and we find ourselves constantly questioning whether we even have a truly Christian message in comparison with what we read of the first century Christians. Did the rebranding in the 1930’s have something to do with that?

The question is WHY... Haddeylium

This is because your trying to use or count it as a fundamental means of having relationship with God is pointless and have no basis. grin grin

Your quest to use it to determine and show difference between who an informed Christian and a misinformed one has no foundation. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
haddeylium:

Lemme break it down?

I understand the question but my position is that did the Removal or Replacement Detrack (Detract) the Information from the message being passed?

No, it did not!

Therefore, No Loss or Harm was Suffered or Occasioned.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
achorladey:

Who is removing what? Who is unquestionably arranging and omitting names. This is where you should start tackling the MISINFORMATION.

To show you the name you are making an issue of is no issue in this first place. Show us a scripture where Jesus accused the religious leaders of his day for not emphasising his father's name?

Hmm! Goal! grin Sweet Goal! grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
haekymbahd:
Did Jesus or Apostle Paul called God by the name Jehovah
John 17:6,26 , Jesus taught them his Father's name.
Acts15:14,17, they knew that they are the people chosen to bear Jehovah's name.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2021
achorladey:

After all Jesus didn't go about with the label JEHOVAH when preaching and teaching people. The words he used is Father paapaa.
John 17:6,26 & Acts15:14,17-18 proven you are DECEIVING yourself.
Jesus and the disciples knew God's name and used it extensively in their quote from the old testament.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Hmm! Goal! grin Sweet Goal! grin

No dey DECEIVE yourself.
John 17:6,26, Would Jesus quote Deuteronomy 6:4 in the Hebrew scroll @Mark12:29 say "Lord"?
Acts15:14,17-18,The disciples knew Jehovah's name in the old testament.
2 Chronicles 7:14 & Isaiah 43:10,21 (ASV), JEHOVAH's Witnesses is it !
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I understand the question but my position is that did the Removal or Replacement Detrack (Detract) the Information from the message being passed?
No, it did not!
Therefore, No Loss or Harm was Suffered or Occasioned.

With the highlighted you should know that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob said:

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10

"You are my WITNESSES"

Please can you present any group of people actively serving that purpose today?

Well if you can't then it means the God speaking in that place is a failure because the utterance is "You are my WITNESSES" as in a group of people not one in isolation.

Jesus also said:

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be WITNESSES unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Act 1:8

Please if you believe in Jesus can you present a group of people actively serving as WITNESSES of Jesus and his father today? smiley
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:30am On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10

You have obviously exhausted your portion of reasonability today and lunacy has entered for certainly "Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible?" is not rebutted with "Ye (Isreal) are my witness"

Only one mad will think to answer this way.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:44am On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

No dey DECEIVE yourself.
John 17:6,26, Would Jesus quote Deuteronomy 6:4 in the Hebrew scroll @Mark12:29 say "Lord"?
Acts15:14,17-18,The disciples knew Jehovah's name in the old testament.
2 Chronicles 7:14 & Isaiah 43:10,21 (ASV), JEHOVAH's Witnesses is it !

What a powerfull performance! you people are able to get mad together! Max just displayed his own and now you!

The question was
Show us a scripture where Jesus accused the religious leaders of his day for not emphasising his father's name?

AND NOT "Would Jesus quote Deuteronomy 6:4 ?".

NO LOGICAL CONNECTION AT ALL!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ifa Of The Year 2010: Ose Obara / Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church / The Enigma Called 'Cele'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.