Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? (7595 Views)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / Lucifer Is Not Satan; Jehovah Not Allah / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:46am On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You have obviously exhausted your portion of reasonability today and lunacy has entered for certainly "Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible?" is not rebutted with "Ye (Isreal) are my witness"
Only one mad will think to answer this way.

Please stop this your usual insults because it doesn't speak well of a true believer, if someone responds to your post without insulting you it makes you lesser intelligent when you start insulting such a person for mentioning you. Only immature people behave in that manner, respect begets reciprocal! 1Peter 3:15

The person talking there says "you are my WITNESSES" and i'm really glad you got the sense that He meant a whole lot of people as in ORGANIZED people practicing the form of worship He dictated as His WITNESSES.
Today every reasonable person knows that physical Israel as a nation is no more practicing pure worship since the nation as a whole rejected God's only begotten Son {Matthew 23:37-38} and Apostle John said the Messiah came to the promised people but they rejected him! John 1:11-12
So do you think that true God is still alive and having an ORGANIZED people worshiping Him today?
If so, who are they? smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49am On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Please stop this your usual insults because it doesn't speak well of a true believer, if someone responds to your post without insulting you it makes you lesser intelligent when you start insulting such a person for mentioning you...

I was not insulting, I was simply describing what I see presented.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:51am On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I was not insulting, I was simply describing what I see presented.

So who are the ORGANIZED people practicing what this LIVING God wants today?
Or do you think He has no ORGANIZED people as His WITNESSES today?

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:55am On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So who are the ORGANIZED people practicing what this LIVING God wants today?
Or do you think He has no ORGANIZED people as His WITNESSES today?

Why? Did God appoint me Judge?

Please, do stop asking me this question. I do find it vexatious.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:24am On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Well if God didn't appoint us as judge then what makes you think you should contribute to a discussion about God's personal name?

My friend, since you choose to contribute to the ongoing discussion you're proving to be part of the jury on this debate because whatever you say here will be counted as part of the contributions to this debate about the use of God's personal name, and it will have certain effect on unsuspecting followers of this particular thread!

So whatever you say about God's personal name being put to use will be recorded by angels as your own judgement on whether people should agree on God's personal name or use any name they feel:

Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. Malachi 3:16 KJV

Please note what God's word says! So whatever anyone says here on this particular thread regarding the use of God's personal name will be held accountable for or against them in the day of judgment, so mind what you're typing. Angels are recording each person's name and statement, it's not Maximus that says it but God's word and that is if you believe that the Bible is God's word! 2Timothy 3:16

May you have PEACE! smiley

smiley
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
...Well if God didn't appoint us as judge then what makes you think you should contribute to a discussion about God's personal name?

1) I said "appoint me" not "appoint us".

2) I have a right to contribute on any topic within The Laws I know are in place, even if you do not know them.

Stay in your place!

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

John 17:6,26 & Acts15:14,17-18 proven you are DECEIVING yourself.
Jesus and the disciples knew God's name and used it extensively in their quote from the old testament.

This your usual Jehovah’s viewpoint that have become ARCHAIC IDEAS, TO BE MOCKED AND ARE IRRELEVANT AS A RESULT OF RECENT BIBLICAL EVIDENCE. grin grin grin

It is not like I have never asked you before to show me one scripture where Jesus used the name personally or any of his apostles paapaa.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

What a powerfull performance! you people are able to get mad together! Max just displayed his own and now you!

The question was
Show us a scripture where Jesus accused the religious leaders of his day for not emphasising his father's name?
Response to your #1.
John 5:37-43, who did Jesus Christ have that conversation with?

John 5:37-43, Did Jesus accuse "the religious leaders of his day for not emphasising his father's name? "
Would Jesus bear witness about his Father without saying his Father's name?
John 5:43, did Jesus accuse the religious leaders of neglecting his Father's name?
Mark 12:1-29, who did Jesus Christ have that conversation with?

Oga,as far as Mark 12:1-28 is concerned,
Would Jesus Christ quote the Hebrew scroll of Deuteronomy 6:4 & say "Lord" @ Mark12:29?
Do you now understand that Mark chapter 12 gospel, Jesus conversation was with religious leaders of his day?
The connection is logical.

The question posed to you in the previous post is very luminously relevant.
Dtruthspeaker:

Show us where the apostles of Jesus Christ made issues of God's name.

Response to your question #2
John 5:43,Acts15:14,17-18 , did Jesus & the disciples bear his Father's name?
Jesus & the disciples said they were chosen to bear Jehovah's name. It was a vital issue.

2 Chronicles 7:14 Isaiah 43:10,21(ASV), Did JEHOVAH give recognition to His servants bearing His name?
Dtruthspeaker:

Show us where those that came after the apostles made issues about God's name.

AND NOT "Would Jesus quote Deuteronomy 6:4 ?".

NO LOGICAL CONNECTION AT ALL!

[b]Response to your question #3.
Hebrews 13:7,17, will those that come after the apostles change the standard of the holy scriptures (established @ 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts15:14,17-18 & Isaiah 43:10,21 (ASV) they have been taught?

Oga receive SENSE. grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16am On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

1) I said "appoint me" not "appoint us".

2) I have a right to contribute on any topic within The Laws I know are in place, even if you do not know them.

Stay in your place!

Well if God didn't appoint you and you came in to contribute to the discussion having to do with the use of God's name.
Then keep in mind the words written by that prophet:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name Malachi 3:16

All those contributing to this topic are on constant watch by angels penning down their names, so think well about the laws that gives you the right to challenge the use of God's personal name! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:19am On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

Response to your #1.
John 5:37-43, [b]who did Jesus Christ have that conversation with?

grin You are still Changing the Examiners Question "where Jesus accused the religious leaders of his day for not emphasising his father's name?

To the question you have set for yourself "Who..."

Bros. Twice have you taken this exam and twice have you Failed it! F9! grin

Teachers Remark: Failed! To Repeat Classes in English and Bible Knowledge. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

All those contributing to this topic are on constant watch by angels penning down their names, so think well about the laws that gives you the right to challenge the use of God's personal name! smiley

"...The eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him"
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 10:46am On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He will simply turn you to Jesus Christ and as Jesus christ you will send forth your angels to separate the WHEATS FROM THE WEEDS. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 11:03am On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

"...The eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him"

After all Achorladey can be shouting and proclaiming the name JEHOVAH all over threads on nairaland and still have a not perfect heart towards him. grin grin grin

The main aim of the thread fell apart the moment the Op said knowing and developing strong relationship with God depends upon knowing that God by name grin grin

For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth,+ just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God,+ the Father,+ from whom all things are and we for him;+ and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are+ and we through him..... NWT

For crying out loud Paul was writing to those who are idol worshippers in time past and are familiar with many so called gods grin grin. This would have been a perfect opportunity to use God's name to distinguish the God he has in mind but rather than use the name he used FATHER grin grin

That your scripture in your post is enough for the OP paapaa.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:10am On Oct 31, 2021
achorladey:

After all Achorladey can be shouting and proclaiming the name JEHOVAH all over threads on nairaland and still have a not perfect heart towards him. grin grin grin

The main aim of the thread fell apart the moment the Op said knowing and developing strong relationship with God depends upon knowing that God by name grin grin

For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth,+ just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God,+ the Father,+ from whom all things are and we for him;+ and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are+ and we through him..... NWT

For crying out loud Paul was writing to those who are idol worshippers in time past and are familiar with many so called gods grin grin. This would have been a perfect opportunity to use God's name to distinguish the God he has in mind but rather than use the name he used FATHER grin grin

That your scripture in your post is enough for the OP paapaa.

Thank you brother! grin

It is as simple as you have said!
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
hupernikao:

This isn't the focus. You can are trying to justify using a wrong name for God if I am to follow the line of thought of the OP and his fellow.

So if Jehovah is corrupted name, not what was given, how come it is used and allowed in the OP as God's name but see other names translated as issue.

Like I said, trying to decide doctrine by spellings and name pronunciation is an effort in futility. Doctrine is not premised on that. But if we want to go that route, there are many evidence to proof that wrong as above.

Hello

I just want to ask if you're doing fine

I hope there's still hope concerning what we discussed

I'm even thinking of what to tell my brother because he wants me to assist him too
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

John 17:6,26 , Jesus taught them his Father's name.

Lying liar JaNosense! Jesus taught his Father's name yet the pronunciation lost, how come?

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Acts15:14,17, they knew that they are the people chosen to bear Jehovah's name.

You're shifting the goal post Mr JaNosense grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin You are still Changing the Examiners Question "[b]where Jesus accused the religious leaders of his day for not emphasising his father's name? [/b]

[s]To the question you have set for yourself "Who..."

Bros. Twice have you taken this exam and twice have you Failed it! F9! grin

Teachers Remark: Failed! To Repeat Classes in English and Bible Knowledge. grin[/s]
John 5:43 "I have come in My Father’s name, and you have not received Me";
John 5:42-43
42but I know you, that you do not have the love of God within you.
43I have come in My Father’s name, and you have not received Me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will receive him."

[b]Oga,"you do not have the love of God within you" na Jesus Christ talk am.
Continue DECEIVING yourself.

[/b]
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:
John 17:6,26 & Acts15:14,17-18 proven you are DECEIVING yourself.
Jesus and the disciples knew God's name and used it extensively in their quote from the old testament.

You this fraud won't cease to amaze me!

So by extensively quoting from the old testament is using the name cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Why must it be from old testament quoting and not direct usage?

Are you saying both Jesus and the Apostles don't have opportunity to use the name in their teachings?
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

So by extensively quoting from the old testament is using the name cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Are you saying both Jesus and the Apostles don't have opportunity to use the name in their teachings?
Mark 12:29 Jesus quote of Deuteronomy 6:4,
Romans 10:13, Paul's quote of Joel 2:32.
Emusan LIENUS.
Go and erase John 17:6,26 from your Bible.

grin grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

Mark 12:29 Jesus quote of Deuteronomy 6:4,

Yes Jesus quote from it, but which book did Jesus quoted from?

Emusan LIENUS.

JaNosense cover your lying mouth.

Go and erase John 17:6,26 from your Bible.
grin grin

I'm not Watchtower that do erase or add to the scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

You are a fraud DECEIVING yourself.
Is Jesus quote of Deuteronomy 6:4 in your Bible @ Mark 12:29?
Emusan:

Stupid question from Jankara market graduate. grin cheesy.
Deuteronomy 6:4 and Mark 12:29 dey pain you for brain.
Emusan:

Emusan LIENUS, will Jesus quote your GIBBERISH?
This 3 doghead slave no get conscience grin
Emusan:

John 7:16, whose doctrine is at Mark 12:29 & Deuteronomy 6:4?
Wahala for 3 doghead slaves grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

Yes Jesus quote from it, but which book did Jesus quoted from?

[s]JaNosense cover your lying mouth.

I'm not Watchtower that do erase or add to the scripture.[/s]
Emusan has comprehension issues.
This thread is too big for your brain to cope with.
Just jakpa from this thread. grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:
You are a fraud DECEIVING yourself.

Fraudster JWs!

Is Jesus quote of Deuteronomy 6:4 in your Bible @ Mark 12:29?

If you truly have sense, you've known that the word "Quote" means referencing to initial statement.

So which book did Jesus quote is the question?

Why was the pronunciation lost and the Apostles didn't use it?

Stupid question from Jankara market graduate. grin cheesy.
Deuteronomy 6:4 and Mark 12:29 dey pain you for brain.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

The JWs fraudster can't answer it

Emusan LIENUS, will Jesus quote your GIBBERISH?
This 3 doghead slave no get conscience grin

Says the deluded JWs JaNosense
The thing pain am grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

John 7:16, whose doctrine is at Mark 12:29 & Deuteronomy 6:4?
Wahala for 3 doghead slaves grin

When you receive sense lemme know

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

Lying liar JaNosense! Jesus taught his Father's name yet the pronunciation lost, how come?

[s]You're shifting the goal post Mr JaNosense[/s] grin cheesy grin cheesy
Na Janosky you dey ask?

Go and study Jewish/Hebrew history.
Stop this your stupidity.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

Emusan has comprehension issues.

Says the person who have no sense

This thread is too big for your brain to cope with.
Just jakpa from this thread. grin

If you think so, then Kindly answer my questions

I'm waiting grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

Na Janosky you dey ask?

No! I'm asking the deluded JWs JaNosense

grin cheesy

Go and study Jewish/Hebrew history.
Stop this your stupidity.
grin grin grin grin

Just imagine, but NT was written in Greek

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

Fraudster JWs!
Emusan LIENUS, LYING genius grin
Emusan:

If you truly have sense, you've known that the word "Quote" means referencing to initial statement.
So which book did Jesus quote is the question?

Yes!
Deuteronomy 6:4,Jesus quotes the Hebrew scroll YHWH, "initial statement" of his Father's name @ Mark12:29.

Emusan:

Why was the pronunciation lost and the Apostles didn't use it?

The JWs fraudster can't answer it

[s]Says the deluded JWs JaNosense
The thing pain am
When you receive sense lemme know
[/s]
John 17:6,26 & Mark 12:29, Jesus Christ says he taught them.
Sink that Bible truth into your brain.

Go and find out why the pronunciation was lost, na your assignment.
Use the skills you learnt at Jankara market to do that assignment. grin
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

No! I'm asking the deluded JWs JaNosense

grin cheesy
Just imagine, but NT was written in Greek
You know nah nah!
Go and learn, this is 21st century.
Diligently study Jewish Hebrew history.
You always want to be spoon-fed & you are shamelessly arrogant about it.
Stop mockery of yourself on this public forum.
Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

Emusan LIENUS, LYING genius grin

Lying liar JWs JaNosense

Yes!
Deuteronomy 6:4,Jesus quotes the Hebrew scroll YHWH, "initial statement" of his Father's name @ Mark12:29.

Lying liar, the one Pharisees and Sadducees have replaced with Adonai and Elohim

Don't forget.

John 17:6,26 & Mark 12:29, Jesus Christ says he taught them.
Sink that Bible truth into your brain.

Jesus made KNOWN not that HE TAIGHT them... You added that part to it.

Go and find out why the pronunciation was lost, na your assignment.
Use the skills you learnt at Jankara market to do that assignment. grin

You see, when the face of liar is shinning like sun grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

The pronunciation has lost even before Christ came, so if Jesus reintroduced the pronunciation it can't be lost again.

Jesus never used the name likewise the Apostles.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Emusan(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Janosky:

You know nah nah!
Go and learn, this is 21st century.
Diligently study Jewish Hebrew history.

New Testament was written in Greek.

You always want to be spoon-fed & you are shamelessly arrogant about it.

Says the deluded JWs we have to endure the pain of explaining things to like a KG

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Stop mockery of yourself on this public forum.

Thanks it's an advice!

1 Like

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by Janosky: 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

Lying liar JWs JaNosense

Emusan LIENUS, LYING genius doing his thing grin
Emusan:

Lying liar, the one Pharisees and Sadducees have replaced with Adonai and Elohim

Don't forget.
You Emusan done expose yourself finally.
@ Mark 12:29 Jesus quoted YHWH.
Emusan says his mentors,"Pharisees and Sadducees have replaced (YHWH) with Adonai and Elohim."

Emusan:

Jesus made KNOWN not that HE TAIGHT them... You added that part to it.

[s]You see, when the face of liar is shinning like sun grin grin cheesy grin cheesy[/s]
John 15:15 & John 17:6,26, Jesus Christ proven that Emusan LIENUS is a LYING genius. grin grin
If I make my name 'Paul' KNOWN to you, Emusan. Have I taught you, Emusan, that my name is 'Paul'?
Emusan lacks comprehension skills. No be lie.
Yet , shamelessly arrogant.

Emusan:

The pronunciation has lost even before Christ came, so if Jesus reintroduced the pronunciation it can't be lost again.

Jesus never used the name likewise the Apostles

Emusan LIENUS DECEIVING himself again.
He forgot he said
Emusan says his mentors,"Pharisees and Sadducees have replaced (YHWH) with Adonai and Elohim."

John 17:6,26 , Mark 12:29 biblical proof.
Read this secular proof in the screenshot.
The Jews have found out that God's name is NOT hidden.
Emusan,Read and learn grin

Re: Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? by achorladey: 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
Emusan:

New Testament was written in Greek.

Says the deluded JWs we have to endure the pain of explaining things to like a KG

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Thanks it's an advice!

Na mockery of others they will keep looking at not their own. This is one of Mr Janos Jehovah’s viewpoint that are ARCHAIC IDEAS, TO BE MOCKED AND ARE IRRELEVANT AS A RESULT OF RECENT BIBLICAL EVIDENCE........

Although the American Standard Version, with its rendering of the name “Jehovah” thousands of times, was available from 1901 onward, the Watch Tower magazine did not adopt that translation as its basic translation but continued to employ primarily the King James or Authorized Version with its use of “LORD” and “GOD” as substitutes for the Tetragrammaton. Even after the death of Russell in 1916 and during the presidency of Rutherford this continued to be the case.

Following Rutherford’s death, in 1944 the Watch Tower Society obtained rights for printing an edition of the American Standard Version on their own presses. Yet, although frequently quoting from this translation and numerous others, they continued to use the Authorized Version as their basic version in all their publications up until the year 1950 when they published their own New World Translation of the Bible.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame / Godly Standards In Dating And Relationships / What Inspires You To Stay Focused?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.