Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Help Needed On C - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Needed On C (703 Views)

Please Can Someone Me With This Question On C++ / Tutor On C# Needed / Help Needed On C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On C by CJust(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
May God bless any one that reply me!
I want to learn more in c programming. And i have learned all the basic part and lessons of C, like
Pointers
structure, union
functions
file I/O
etc.
and also went more in C++ just to increase my knowledge in c.
Now my question is now am done what else should i learn again to continue from were i stop. I just wish to become a software programmer.
and pls a link to the site were i can continue. Thanks
Re: Help Needed On C by stanliwise(m): 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
CJust:
May God bless any one that reply me!
I want to learn more in c programming. And i have learned all the basic part and lessons of C, like
Pointers
structure, union
functions
file I/O
etc.
and also went more in C++ just to increase my knowledge in c.
Now my question is now am done what else should i learn again to continue from were i stop. I just wish to become a software programmer.
and pls a link to the site were i can continue. Thanks
If you’re at this junction and still haven’t been inspired to build anything it means you were only reading C as text book just like school days.

Programming means able to communicate with a computer. It is just a skill.

Value come when you begin to ask yourself what can a computer do?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On C by valzey(m): 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
It depends on the kind of developer you want to be. When you make up your mind on web, AI, desktop, mobile, data engineering....etc, browse the related languages and technologies for that path. Then resume learning.

But like the previous guy said, without building anything, all your learning is pointless.
Re: Help Needed On C by EngRichie: 5:20am On Nov 02, 2021
If you have learned C well, look into embedded systems and Internet of things especially if you have science/engineering background. It's not limited to those anyway.
Re: Help Needed On C by CJust(m): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
Please am greatfull for your reply, but i need help. I only build applications that run as console application. How can i start making windows application, i tried learning winApi but i notice their is alot of difference, such as "HINSTANCE, HWND", etc. And no much explanations. so i thought i skipped alot of topics, and i decided to search for next level before the WinApi. Please if i had wrong decision in leaving winapi pls inform me to know if i needed to continue learning the winApi.
Thanks alot.
Re: Help Needed On C by Bahat: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bro can you just learn javascript and leave C for now
Or still learn python.

For windows app learn C#
Re: Help Needed On C by valzey(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
CJust:
Please am greatfull for your reply, but i need help. I only build applications that run as console application. How can i start making windows application, i tried learning winApi but i notice their is alot of difference, such as "HINSTANCE, HWND", etc. And no much explanations. so i thought i skipped alot of topics, and i decided to search for next level before the WinApi. Please if i had wrong decision in leaving winapi pls inform me to know if i needed to continue learning the winApi.
Thanks alot.

I suggest you skip winApi, if you're looking at windows apps, use C# but I don't recommend you learn windows apps development because that space seems reserved for enterprise companies. I recommend web development. You may find a good business idea along the way or a decent job.
Re: Help Needed On C by codesngr(m): 7:37am On Nov 06, 2021
Bahat:
Or still learn python.

For windows app learn C#

What are you even saying , Language is just a tool , he can use any tool he sees fit .
Re: Help Needed On C by Bahat: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2021
codesngr:

What are you even saying , Language is just a tool , he can use any tool he sees fit .

Abeg no dey quote me for this kind discussion again. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On C by codesngr(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2021
Bahat:

Abeg no dey quote me for this kind discussion again. Thanks

U guys follow trends, u think python is better than Java or C . Python is just hyped. What happens if he is learning python and another gets hyped, u would advise him again to dump it and move to next. Learn programming not language, u can learn any language in days or hours even.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On C by Bahat: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
codesngr:

U guys follow trends, u think python is better than Java or C . Python is just hyped. What happens if he is learning python and another gets hyped, u would advise him again to dump it and move to next. Learn programming not language, u can learn any language in days or hours even.
Okay.
Re: Help Needed On C by 38Noob: 5:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
codesngr:

So many aspiring programmers don't understand this, that's how someone who wants to learn how to develop native apps for Android will start learning kotlin without ever knowing Java.
Re: Help Needed On C by airsaylongcome: 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
38Noob:
So many aspiring programmers don't understand this, that's how someone who wants to learn how to develop native apps for Android will start learning kotlin without ever knowing Java.

I don't see how the bolded is a valid point. To learn how to program, you don't need to know a "previous" programming language. If you say so, why would someone dive in to Java without say C++ programming knowledge? Why would someone dive into QBASIC with Assembly knowledge? The language is just a means of implementing the algorithm. Anyone can start of by learning Kotlin or Machine Language.

While knowing Java can simplify the learning, knowledge of Java is not a prerequisite

Re: Help Needed On C by Sheriman(m): 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I don't see how the bolded is a valid point. To learn how to program, you don't need to know a "previous" programming language. If you say so, why would someone dive in to Java without say C++ programming knowledge? Why would someone dive into QBASIC with Assembly knowledge? The language is just a means of implementing the algorithm. Anyone can start of by learning Kotlin or Machine Language.

While knowing Java can simplify the learning, knowledge of Java is not a prerequisite
Don't mind him jaare, must a person learn Java before learning Kotlin or who made that confirmation to him that Java is the prerequisite for learning Kotlin.
Re: Help Needed On C by CJust(m): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2021
Between python and javascript which is the best
Re: Help Needed On C by Bahat: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2021
CJust:
Between python and javascript which is the best

Bro you need both if you know what they work for.
Javascript for web frontEnd / framework.
Python for ?
Re: Help Needed On C by CJust(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
Bahat:

Bro you need both if you know what they work for. Javascript for web frontEnd / framework. Python for ?
python for what? try to complete your statement
Re: Help Needed On C by Bahat: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
CJust:

python for what?
try to complete your statement

Someone should help me out with that. Brother one at a time
Re: Help Needed On C by CJust(m): 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Bahat:
Or still learn python.

For windows app learn C#
Bro i want to follow javascript.
but i need a link to learn from basic to Proffession
atleast with my little knowledge in C would make it easier to learn
Re: Help Needed On C by Bahat: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
CJust:

Bro i want to follow javascript.
but i need a link to learn from basic to Proffession
atleast with my little knowledge in C would make it easier to learn

Then start doing javascript.

(1) (Reply)

Cardtonic Is Giving Away 15 Macbooks To 15 Tech Enthusiasts / Am I On The Right Path? My Programming Journey / Which Of These Tech Courses Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.