Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones (3017 Views)

Nokia Quietly Unveils The Nokia C2, An Android Go Device With Removable Battery / Samsung Quietly Launches The Galaxy Xcover Pro With Removable Battery / Best Power Bank For Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Premiumwriter: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2021
At first I've always thought that phones using Non-removable batteries are cool. But after years of using one, I think the tech is a bug that really need to be fixed.

A lot of times, when we run into problems with our Android phones a few years ago, one of the very first step is to remove the batter, replace it and switch on the phone, most times that often solve the issue.

With Non-removable battery, you just can't do that and when your phone get stucked, well, it's stuck and you probably will have to go see a phone repairer.

Another is the case of phone falling into water. You can no longer dismantle the phone to let it dry nowadays. A phone engineer must help you do this.

Personally, I think the Non-removable battery feature is more of a problem than a convenient features in phone. It's just not worth it to me

8 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 30, 2021
You are right
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by EzegeNdiigbo: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2021
Are you an phone engineer?
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by drake2(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2021
Iyaebe:
You are right
He is very right!

2 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by sunshineV(f): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2021
ur opinion sha
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Payperboii(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2021
Facebook accounts needed.
If you get quote me abeg
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by chariisGRACE(m): 10:05am On Oct 30, 2021
The switch from removable to non-removable batteries has not been justified enough to me.

Na copy-copy cause all this things.

7 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by lied(f): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2021
Whenever you feel the need to remove your battery, simply press the power button for 10-20 seconds, it has same effect.

NEXT NEWS PLEASE

33 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Globad(f): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2021
lied:
Whenever you feel the need to remove your battery, simply press the power button for 10-20 seconds, it has same effect.

NEXT NEWS PLEASE

How does this solve the problem of how to remove the battery from a wet phone to allow it dry?

20 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Pofgrace(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2021
Globad:

How does this solve the problem of how to remove the battery from a wet phone to allow it dry?
that's one of the reasons why phones are water resistant this days it's not for fashion

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by TheWolfen(m): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2021
A hard reset will solve that.
Power button + volume down button for bout 3sec will reboot the phone

2 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by sunshineV(f): 11:56am On Oct 30, 2021
Globad:

so removing ur ba3 from the phone allows the phone to dry?

5 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Premiumwriter: 11:59am On Oct 30, 2021
sunshineV:
so removing ur ba3 from the phone allows the phone to dry?
you don't know?
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Premiumwriter: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Pofgrace:
that's one of the reasons why phones are water resistant this days it's not for fashion
the phones majority of us use are not water resistant.

7 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by sunshineV(f): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Premiumwriter:
you don't know?
mtcheew like we didnt use dem. phone wey go spoil go spoil u go still visit repairer. inbuilt ba3 device are more durable wen dey fall inside water

3 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Olamilekxy(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
Samsung phone has alternative for everything, have never for once wish to remove my battery. Use better phone you no gree undecided

3 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Ajilenu: 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
Well you have a point but technology is constantly evolving so just get accustomed with the flow.
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by jom28gy(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
I think the have problems
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by truthCoder: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
Premiumwriter:
At first I've always thought that phones using Non-removable batteries are cool. But after years of using one, I think the tech is a bug that really need to be fixed.

A lot of times, when we run into problems with our Android phones a few years ago, one of the very first step is to remove the batter, replace it and switch on the phone, most times that often solve the issue.

With Non-removable battery, you just can't do that and when your phone get stucked, well, it's stuck and you probably will have to go see a phone repairer.

Another is the case of phone falling into water. You can no longer dismantle the phone to let it dry nowadays. A phone engineer must help you do this.

Personally, I think the Non-removable battery feature is more of a problem than a convenient features in phone. It's just not worth it to me

removable batteries are long gone and cant come back

if you buy a good phone brand new, you won't have a need to start opening it up and tinkering with it....only bad phones need to be opened within 2 years of sale and this should be handled by the techs.

batteries nowadays are high capacity....a 5000mah battery can burn a house if left about carelessly

1 Like

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Yemsam01: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
Payperboii:
If you get quote me abeg

I get...more than 7 yrs
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Pofgrace(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
Premiumwriter:
the phones majority of us use are not water resistant.
na SAPA dey cause am
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by CrownOfClay724: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
I actually thought of this earlier today.

My phone have been rebooting itself due to some phisher apps I erroneously downloaded.

Simply removing the battery would helped in those moments it flipped off and on like a drunk wraith.

2 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Premiumwriter:

...personally i think the move is to ensure safety and fast tracking of persons/devices especially in these times of insecurity as phones/devices with non-removable batteries can be tracked even when the phone is battery dead/turned off as against phones with removable batteries.

1 Like

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by FabianE6789(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
One thing non removable batteries do is that, it makes the phone more compact and smaller, which is something most smartphone manufacturers are striving for nowadays

2 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Premiumwriter: 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hello

Please I created a new platform

https://mypalio.com

Please what do you think?
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Payperboii(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
Yemsam01:

I get...more than 7 yrs
Whatsapp :+1(913) 346-1513
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Kroos205: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Payperboii:
Facebook accounts needed. If you get quote me abeg
e dey
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Payperboii(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kroos205:

e dey
Whatsapp : +1(913) 346-1513

1 Like

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by josh123(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
Payperboii:
If you get quote me abeg
i get
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Mohbola(f): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
That is true but everything is changing.
Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Emmynation(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
In the technology world we go up and not down forward and not backwards.

No matter the facial recognition system a phone has,the fingerprint capabilities,eye unlock bla bla bla and even possibility to track it,if it has a removable battery then all is zero
Concerning phone falling in water remember that we have water resistant phones now,even though some manufacturers may never put it on their devices

If your phone has issues on hanging try freeup some space,if it's a bug then wait for update to fix it (sorry for those who never receive such updates)
Also get a phone with nice memory and CHIPSET also.

An Android device with removable battery in 2021 is like riding a 504 in New York City

......my views though

2 Likes

Re: Non-removable Battery Is A Big Problem For Phones by Ajilenu: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
CrownOfClay724:
I actually thought of this earlier today.

My phone have been rebooting itself due to some phisher apps I erroneously downloaded.

Simply removing the battery would helped in those moments it flipped off and on like a drunk wraith.
have you switched off the phone and left it for a while before rebooting?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia 8 Is Coming To Take Down Iphone 8 And Galaxy S8 / Uhans I8 Or Camon CM / HUAWEI Y9 2019 Vs Nova 3i - Both Use 4 AI Cameras: Comparison Review (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.