Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,614 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Nigeria Is Disintegrating By Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Disintegrating By Wole Soyinka (561 Views)

Disintegrating Nigeria / buhari Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Problems, Country Disintegrating- Soyinka / Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Disintegrating By Wole Soyinka by melaniaup: 11:35am On Oct 30, 2021
The venerable writer and Africa’s first winner of Nobel Prize in Literature, Professor Wole Soyinka, has described the country as being in a mess and gradually disintegrating ‘before our very eyes.’ The renowned playwright spoke, yesterday, at a media briefing held at the Freedom Park, Lagos.

He said this while reacting to a question on the situation in the Southeast. Responding, the playwright was pessimistic about solution from government, saying: “We are in a mess. This country is in a mess. It is disintegrating before our very eyes.

“The government is floundering. It is not mainly that the government is devoid of a holistic solution, the problem really is that this government does not have a holistic grasp of the problems of the nation and environment in which we live and the time in which we are living.”

Soyinka, who didn’t think that it should be more difficult to enter one’s country than to leave, bemoaned the lack of efficient service on the part of those managing the country’s online travel portal, as he narrated how he was ‘banished’ from entering Nigeria when he was in France recently.

While speaking at the news conference with the theme: ‘Covid, Technology and Citizens Banishment,’ the Nobel laureate said he was denied his right to movement twice, describing his experience as banishment.

Soyinka called on the Nigerian government to respect the universal principles of fundamental human rights by allowing the citizenry to exercise their freedom of movement as occasion demands, just as he decried a situation where officious government agents would make Nigerians feel like exiles when returning to the country from anywhere in the world. “Nigerians should be allowed to come into their own country through the front door,” he said.

He further tasked the Federal Government on efficient management of the Nigeria International Travel Portal following his failure to obtain a travel permit on a recent return trip to Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Is Disintegrating By Wole Soyinka by DOTian: 11:44am On Oct 30, 2021
It's a deserved fate! Well merited too!! The positives of this country only exist in the realms of wild imaginations. In reality, Nigeria is nothing but the biggest embarrassment to the black race! An edifice to tyranny, tribal chauvinism and greater kleptomania.. This country is evil! To think that some people killed well over 5 million people to erect and maintain this monument to infamy is really nonplussing! I mean, I can look at the American civil war and see the merits of the outcome and how the federalists turned that country into the most efficient country on earth...,

I can look at the British and see how the funny union between the Welsh, the Scotts an the English has improved the living standards of the average British citizen. You can see the merits of these unions, the Swiss etc.. Can any of you zombified pro establishment upstarts make any good case for the contineous existence of the eternally convulsing amalgam!? How can you all be celebrating the existence of Nigeria every October 1st as if the survival of this cartel of a country matters more than the survival of her so called citizens? What really matters? Nigeria or Nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Disintegrating By Wole Soyinka by melaniaup: 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
DOTian:
It's a deserved fate! Well merited too!! This positives of this country only exist in the realms of wild imaginations. In reality, Nigeria is nothing but the biggest embarrassment to the black race! An edifice to tyranny, tribal chauvinism and greater kleptomania.. This country is evil! To think that some people killed well over 5 million people to erect and maintain this monument to infamy is really nonplussing! I mean, I can look at the American civil war and see the merits of the outcome and how the federalists turned that country into the most efficient country on earth...,

I can look at the British and see how the funny union between the Welsh, the Scotts an the English has improved the living standards of the average British citizen. You can see the merits of these unions, the Swiss etc.. Can any of you zombified pro establishment upstarts make any good case for the contineous existence of the eternally convulsing amalgam!? How can you all be celebrating the existence of Nigeria every October 1st as if the survival of this cartel of a country matters more than the survival of her so called citizens? What really matters? Nigeria or Nigerians?

The people lives matter most spiritually and physically
Re: Nigeria Is Disintegrating By Wole Soyinka by Chicagoesontop: 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
I no get strength to read this man grammar so i just comment .
Re: Nigeria Is Disintegrating By Wole Soyinka by Blackfire(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Igbos and yorubas should hold this there brother o... always talking trash

Educated illiterate

If the FG throw him in jail now, they will say baba is wicked..

Someone who originated cultism in Nigeria, Someone who couldn't manage road safely

Educated illiterate

We the youths are solidly behind our darling president
North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Anyways I sell cows o

(1) (Reply)

The New World Order, The Great Reset & The Build Back Better Mantra. / Kaduna Commissioner Leads Security Operative To Scene Of Fresh Abductions / 20 Years Old And Confused.. Abroad For Work Or School In Nigeria For Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.