Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,137 members, 7,821,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today (1153 Views)

Rapper, Ice Prince Arrested For Abducting And Assaulting A Police Officer / Family Of Bbnaija's Housemate, Prince, Celebrates His 25th Birthday Today / Ice Prince Celebrates His 31st Birthday With Photo Of Him Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
Panshak Henry Zamani (born 30 October 1984), better known as Ice Prince, is a Nigerian rapper and actor. He rose to fame after releasing "Oleku", one of Nigeria's most remixed songs of all time. He won the 2009 Hennessy Artistry Club Tour. His debut studio album Everybody Loves Ice Prince was released in 2011. It was supported by three singles: "Oleku", "Superstar" and "Juju". In 2013, Ice Prince released Fire of Zamani as his second studio album. The album contained the singles "Aboki", "More", "Gimme Dat" and "I Swear". On 1 July 2015, Ice Prince was announced as the vice president of Chocolate City. He held the position until he left the label in 2016.

EARLY LIFE:
Ice Prince was born Panshak Henri Zamani in the city of Minna. At age two, he moved with his family to the mining city of Jos, Plateau State. He is of Angas ethnicity.

EDUCATION:
While residing in Jos, he attended St. Murumba College. He also attended the Science Tutorial Niger State College in Jos.

CAREER:
In 1999, he began writing rap songs and started performing them at school; in 2001 he began recording them. In 2002, he and some friends formed the "ECOMOG Squad" but split after a year. In 2004, he connected with M.I, Jesse Jagz, Ruby, Lindsey, Eve, Taz, and together they became what is now known today as the "Loopy Crew". He attended the University of Jos to study zoology, but had to stop because of a "financial constraint".

2010–2011: Everybody Loves Ice Prince
During the aforementioned interview, Ice Prince opened up about why he chose to name his debut album, Everybody Loves Ice Prince. He said "What made me give my album that name was when I lost my Mum, really. There was so much love, so much care from all around the world. People really showed me love and it was after that incident that I came back to record my album and I thought what better name to call my album than Everybody Loves Ice Prince because I was shown love".

"Oleku", Ice Prince's first single off his debut album was met with great reception throughout Nigeria.[citation needed] The song was released under Chocolate City. Ice Prince's 'rap resume' has a long list of songs he's been featured on. He was featured on Taikoon's "Respect My Hustle" with Banky W, DJ Neptune's "This Gbedu Reloaded" with YQ & Shank, Bez's "Super Sun (Remix)" with ELDee & Eva Alordiah, YQ's "Efimile (Remix)" with Naeto C, M.I, Banky W, & ELDee, Pherowshuz's "Korrect (remix)" with M.I & Terry Tha Rapman, Dekunle Fuji's "Funmilayo" with Jesse Jagz, Jamix's "My Party" with Wizkid & Kel, Reminisce's "2 Mussh [Remix]" with Sauce Kid, and Knighthouse's "Make it Better" with Mo'Cheddah, Funbi, & Mobie, among others.

2012–2013 :Fire of Zamani
In 2012, he began frequent collaborations with Grip Boiz City producer Chopstix, releasing "Aboki" in the summer of 2012. An accompanying music video was released alongside it. "Aboki" peaked at number 92 on Afribiz's Top 100 chart.

On 28 August 2012, Ice Prince released "More" as the second single from the album. The song was also produced by Chopstix. The music video for "More" was shot and directed in London by Moe Musa. It stars Lola Rae, a British Nigerian recording artist known for her single "Watch My Ting Go". The video premiered at the 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards.

On 25 January 2013, Ice Prince released "Aboki (Remix)"; he described the song as the "biggest African collision ever". The song features Sarkodie, Mercy Johnson, Wizkid, M.I and Khuli Chana. On 24 April 2013, Ice Prince and Chocolate City released "Gimme Dat" and "V.I.P" simultaneously. The former made the album's final track-listing, while the latter didn't.

2015–2016 :Jos To The World
In 2015, Ice Prince began making available singles from his third studio album. The eventual release of the album signified his first independent album outside Chocolate City record label. He revealed to Pulse he had Universal Studio in the US mix and master the album.

PERSONAL LIFE:
Ice Prince has a son named Jamal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Prince

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
Happy birthday sweety
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
37 and not 35!
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by XXXXTENTACION: 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
For the first time this female moniker brings goodnews about a man..... embarassed

so much for a misandrist.... undecided
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by Candidlady: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Happy birthday zamani
jos and ph who's got the dopest rappers?
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by Sonnobax15(m): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
cheesy
Ice prince of that year cha...Dude became one of the best rappers,but unfortunately he was almost relegated to the position of an upcoming artiste sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by Xixtie(f): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
All these years, his beards never grow pass this level?
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
For the first time this female moniker brings goodnews about a man..... embarassed
so much for a misandrist.... undecided
SMH undecided
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
Ninety6:
37 and not 35!
Edited. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by Finnese001: 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Zamani
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by XXXXTENTACION: 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
SMH undecided
The line between femenism and misandry is very thin.... embarassed
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by temitope27(m): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
Fine boy for life
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by judinho07(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2021
"hbd.pal...one of d bext dat year..am still vibing and loving some ur songs...eg..i swear ft french montena...enjoy ix ur day..zamani way get guy's way de wear amani top...!!!!
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by dayoscape: 11:11am On Oct 31, 2021
My Gee �
I remember that year that I told him he was going to make it in the music industry...life
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by SarkinYarki: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Happy birthday sweety

You like this one ehh wink
Re: Nigerian Rapper, Ice Prince Celebrates 37 Years Today by SarkinYarki: 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
dayoscape:
My Gee �
I remember that year that I told him he was going to make it in the music industry...life

Tell us more ..today is Sunday we have time

(1) (Reply)

I'm Dying" Halima Abubakar Illness & Confession Video Apostle Suleman Is The Cau / Chris Brown Trouser Tore| Tems Twerk On Stage / “it Wasn’t An Easy Journey” – Actress Eniola Badmus Says As She Gushes Over Stun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.