Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself (876 Views)

6 Expressions Of A Failing Alternator / Car Battery Or Alternator: Which One Is The Culprit Behind A Dead Car? / 6 Warning Signs Of A Failing Alternator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by Presegs(m): 12:30am On Oct 31, 2021
If you own or know about a car or vehicle, you will agree with me that battery and alternator are essential in it. The battery supplies power to many things in a car or vehicle while the alternator charges the battery. There are some instances when ones car or vehicle will not start because the battery is low, and we keep wondering if there is a parasitic drain, if the battery is wrong or if the alternator is not working or has gone bad.

Many people like me, having car scanners like the Launch CRP129E used in the video below, don't know that they could check the status or condition of their car's battery and alternator.

The voice in the video below is that of Mr Adeniyi Adeleye(tutor of Automobile Scanning Masterclass on a WhatsApp group), edited by Mr Adesida Oluwasegun, the C.E.0 of Autos and Cartalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9N6ZLtHRRY

For emphasis purposes, whenever you check the status using a car scanner like Launch CRP 129E, which has the features, it will show the battery's voltage(should be around 12v) if the car is on the ignition. In contrast, it will show the voltage(should be around 14.5v) of the alternator if the car's engine is running.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/how-to-know-the-status-or-condition-of-your-cars-battery-and-alternator-by-yourself.417/#post-568
Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by Presegs(m): 12:46am On Oct 31, 2021
If you check the image attached captured when I was scanning a Honda civic 2008 with my car scanner Autel Mk808TS while its ignition was on, you will see the voltage of the car's battery to be 12.22V. That implies that the battery of the car is in good condition.

Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by Presegs(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2021
Useful
Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by aieromon(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
I think you need to review your post. What you see on the scanner is no different from using a multimeter.

Read up on load and stress tests. There are simple tools to check the health of car battery and alternator.

1 Like

Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Presegs:
If you own or know about a car or vehicle, you will agree with me that battery and alternator are essential in it. The battery supplies power to many things in a car or vehicle while the alternator charges the battery. There are some instances when ones car or vehicle will not start because the battery is low, and we keep wondering if there is a parasitic drain, if the battery is wrong or if the alternator is not working or has gone bad.

Many people like me, having car scanners like the Launch CRP129E used in the video below, don't know that they could check the status or condition of their car's battery and alternator.

The voice in the video below is that of Mr Adeniyi Adeleye(tutor of Automobile Scanning Masterclass on a WhatsApp group), edited by Mr Adesida Oluwasegun, the C.E.0 of Autos and Cartalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9N6ZLtHRRY

For emphasis purposes, whenever you check the status using a car scanner like Launch CRP 129E, which has the features, it will show the battery's voltage(should be around 12v) if the car is on the ignition. In contrast, it will show the voltage(should be around 14.5v) of the alternator if the car's engine is running.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/how-to-know-the-status-or-condition-of-your-cars-battery-and-alternator-by-yourself.417/#post-568

The car consultant, you have a long way to go.

Static voltage without load is useless in checking battery health.

A battery could read 12v and still not start a vehicle .

Read more about current and load.

Regards

5 Likes

Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
aieromon:
I think you need to review your post. What you see on the scanner is no different from using a multimeter.

Read about load and stress tests. There are simple tools to check the health of car battery and alternator.

you beat me to it grin
Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by calculusx(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

The car consultant, you have a long way to go. grin

Static voltage without load is useless in checking battery health.

A battery could read 12v and still not start a vehicle .

Read more about current and load.

Regards
A fellow BCD passing by grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by Presegs(m): 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
Welcome all

Thanks for "contributing"
Re: How To Know The Condition Of Your Car's Battery And Alternator By Yourself by Presegs(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
aieromon:

Read up on load and stress tests. There are simple tools to check the health of car battery and alternator.

I know of this device. It even use to come as a complimentary gift from some sellers whenever a car scanner is purchased from them.

There is always more to everything which is the reason no one can say that he or she knows it all.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is In This Picture / Flying Car Makes Successful Maiden Flight In The Netherlands [video] / Please Auto Gurus. I Need Help With For My New Honda Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.