Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... (643 Views)

Can 2nd Hand Clothes Have Spiritual Effects? Retrogressiveness: / The Spiritual Controls The Physical (16) / The Spiritual Controls The Physical (14) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2021
Good day, fellas. Have u ever wondered why some people do certain things and make progress while others do but do not succeed or make progress? Have u ever wondered why some people experience such E.g Joblessness, marital disappointments, setbacks, Stagnacy? etc. Sometimes, it's not always because they are lazy or they didn't apply the method others are using. Sometimes it could be spiritual, yes. This why u see some folks easily(with out struggle) get favour, help,jobs,marriage, true love,suitors etc while others may rarely get these(inspite of their efforts). If a person's way is spiritually clear, physically things will start going smoothly. So, if u are the type struggling to make headway inspite of ur positive efforts then, u need to examine carefully abt ur spiritual aspect.
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by hakeem4(m): 10:21am On Nov 04, 2021
okay. nice piece of trash

1 Like

Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2021
The first thing you need to know is that spirituality starts with the knowledge of God {Proverbs 3:5-6} and Jesus is the one and only key to that end! John 14:6

Well Jesus never promised any of his followers all the things this system of things has to offer rather Jesus encouraged his followers to simply their lives even to the point of not getting married if they deemed it necessary for the sake of the Kingdom interest. Matthew 19:10-12
Do you think a young man or lady who only wakes up, finds a jobs to manage his/her life averagely without the intention of amassing material possessions, getting married nor raising children just to do more in preaching zealously and industriously teaching in all his/her neighbourhood is a successful follower of Jesus?

Well to Jesus and Paul that's what being a successful child of God means! Matthew 6:25-34; 2Corinthians 11:22-27

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 10:55am On Nov 04, 2021
hakeem4:
okay. nice piece of trash
Give ur reason(s). Haven't u heard of people who have been spiritual trapped, caged or in bondage b4?
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The first thing you need to know is that spirituality starts with the knowledge of God {Proverbs 3:5-6} and Jesus is the one and only key to that end! John 14:6

Well Jesus never promised any of his followers all the things this system of things has to offer rather Jesus encouraged his followers to simply their lives even to the point of not getting married if they deemed it necessary for the sake of the Kingdom interest. Matthew 19:10-12
Do you think a young man or lady who only wakes up, finds a jobs to manage his/her life averagely without the intention of amassing material possessions, getting married nor raising children just to do more in preaching zealously and industriously teaching in all his/her neighbourhood is a successful follower of Jesus?

Well to Jesus and Paul that's what being a successful child of God means! Matthew 6:25-34; 2Corinthians 11:22-27

Did Jesus tell any of his disciples not to get married or not to have material possesions?
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
Did Jesus tell any of his disciples not to get married or not to have material possesions?
He is the founder of the group and wants everyone of them to be as dedicated to the course as he is. So his actions speaks louder that he will prefer them to use all their energy on the Kingdom work:

And one of the rulers questioned him, saying: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except one, God. You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and your mother.’” Then he said: “All of these I have kept from youth on.” After hearing that, Jesus said to him, “There is still one thing lacking about you: Sell all the things you have and distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come be my follower.” When he heard this, he became deeply grieved, for he was very rich. Luke 18:18-23

A thorough meditation on the highlighted in red shows exactly what the founder of Christianity really count as success in life, it's the ability to take one's mind of the material things of this world and concentrate on the work he commissioned! John 4:34
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

He is the founder of the group and wants everyone of them to be as dedicated to the course as he is. So his actions speaks louder that he will prefer them to use all their energy on the Kingdom work:

And one of the rulers questioned him, saying: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except one, God. You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and your mother.’” Then he said: “All of these I have kept from youth on.” After hearing that, Jesus said to him, “There is still one thing lacking about you: Sell all the things you have and distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come be my follower.” When he heard this, he became deeply grieved, for he was very rich. Luke 18:18-23

A thorough meditation on the highlighted in red shows exactly what the founder of Christianity really count as success in life, it's the ability to take one's mind of the material things of this world and concentrate on the work he commissioned! John 4:34
U are just deviating from my quesition. I asked a simple question that requires a "Yes on a No. Did Jesus tell any of his disciples not to get married or have material possesion?
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:38am On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
U are just deviating from my quesition. I asked a simple question that requires a "Yes on a No. Did Jesus tell any of his disciples not to get married or have material possesion?

Are you a true Christian?
Because Jesus never answered sensitive questions with Yes or No, he only present the guidelines and leave the rest in the hands of the questioner.
That's why he kept guiding the man until the man asked for a specific answer and Jesus said:

"There is still one thing lacking about you: Sell all the things you have and distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come be my follower.” Luke 18:22

So this has nothing to do with a YES or NO answer regarding marriage and material possessions but what Jesus believe as REAL success in life! smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by hakeem4(m): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
Give ur reason(s). Haven't u heard of people who have been spiritual trapped, caged or in bondage b4?
I have not heard of that. How well do you know about this spiritual world. You and I were born with equal brain power, so I wonder how you have the capacity to know this much about the spiritual realm.

1 Like

Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
hakeem4:
I have not heard of that. How well do you know about this spiritual world. You and I were born with equal brain power, so I wonder how you have the capacity to know this much about the spiritual realm.
Do not say u haven't heard, rather say u don't believe such things. That's understandable.
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Are you a true Christian?
Because Jesus never answered sensitive questions with Yes or No, he only present the guidelines and leave the rest in the hands of the questioner.
That's why he kept guiding the man until the man asked for a specific answer and Jesus said:

"There is still one thing lacking about you: Sell all the things you have and distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come be my follower.” Luke 18:22

So this has nothing to do with a YES or NO answer regarding marriage and material possessions but what Jesus believe as REAL success in life! smiley

Apart from eternal life, What is real success in Life?
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
Apart from eternal life, What is real success in Life?

With that he told them an illustration, saying: “The land of a rich man produced well. So he began reasoning within himself, ‘What should I do now that I have nowhere to gather my crops?’ Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my storehouses and build bigger ones, and there I will gather all my grain and all my goods, and I will say to myself: “You have many good things stored up for many years; take it easy, eat, drink, enjoy yourself.”’ But God said to him, ‘Unreasonable one, this night they are demanding your life from you. Who, then, is to have the things you stored up?’ So it goes with the man who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich toward God.” Luke 12:16-21

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. Ecclesiastes 1:2

According to Jesus and Solomon apart from everlasting life everything is vanity! smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

With that he told them an illustration, saying: “The land of a rich man produced well. So he began reasoning within himself, ‘What should I do now that I have nowhere to gather my crops?’ Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my storehouses and build bigger ones, and there I will gather all my grain and all my goods, and I will say to myself: “You have many good things stored up for many years; take it easy, eat, drink, enjoy yourself.”’ But God said to him, ‘Unreasonable one, this night they are demanding your life from you. Who, then, is to have the things you stored up?’ So it goes with the man who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich toward God.” Luke 12:16-21

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. Ecclesiastes 1:2

According to Jesus and Solomon apart from everlasting life everything is vanity! smiley
This is why i detest JW people. U guys are snaky in answering questions. I asked a simple question: Apart from eternal life, what is real success in life? U are there saying Jargons and beating around the bush. Don't i know everything on earth vanity? Likewise, poverty is vanity too.
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
This is why i detest JW people. U guys are snaky in answering questions. I asked a simple question: Apart from eternal life, what is real success in life? U are there saying Jargons and beating around the bush. Don't i know everything on earth vanity? Likewise, poverty is vanity too.

Note the highlighted:

and you will be hated by all people because of my name. Luke 21:17

I presented what Jesus said to you and you said you detests JWs for carrying what Jesus taught on our head, well we are not surprised.
But know today that the only thing that matters to Jesus and Jehovah's Witnesses is the everlasting life that's why we don't count any material or worldly things as success just as our Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ also never count any of those things as success.

Before you get more irritated let me take my leave {Proverbs 17:14} meanwhile Jesus loves you much more than what the world view as success.

Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Note the highlighted:

and you will be hated by all people because of my name. Luke 21:17

I presented what Jesus said to you and you said you detests JWs for carrying what Jesus taught on our head, well we are not surprised.
But know today that the only thing that matters to Jesus and Jehovah's Witnesses is the everlasting life that's why we don't count any material or worldly things as success just as our Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ also never count any of those things as success.

Before you get more irritated let me take my leave {Proverbs 17:14} meanwhile Jesus loves you much more than what the world view as success.

So, it normal and it's the will of God for a christians to suffer financial hardship, hunger, poverty.
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
So, it normal and it's the will of God for a christians to suffer financial hardship, hunger, poverty.

You said you detests us for carrying what Jesus taught on our heads but if you ask questions i will still answer provided it doesn't irritate you the more.

Now to answer your question:

God never promised his worshipers material gain that's why Jesus said material possessions or gains can be gotten by anybody be you a believer or unbeliever because God opens His hands towards all {Matthew 5:45} so it's chances and opportunities that causes people to become either rich or poor! Ecclesiastes 9:11

There are three basic NEEDS of all humans, it's food, clothing and shelter. Jesus confirmed that all true Christians will never lack these basic NEEDS {Matthew 6:31-32 compare to 1Timothy 6:8} but the rest are WANTS which are unlimited so God's word warned us not to have love for them! Matthew 13:22 compare to 1Timithy 6:9-10

Please anyone can be rich and anyone can be poor, Abraham, Job and Solomon were God's servants, they were rich during their lifetime.
Elijah, John , Jesus and Paul were also God's servants, they were poor throughout their lifetime. So material gain has nothing to do with our spirituality.

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You said you detests us for carrying what Jesus taught on our heads but if you ask questions i will still answer provided it doesn't irritate you the more.

Now to answer your question:

God never promised his worshipers material gain that's why Jesus said material possessions or gains can be gotten by anybody be you a believer or unbeliever because God opens His hands towards all {Matthew 5:45} so it's chances and opportunities that causes people to become either rich or poor! Ecclesiastes 9:11

There are three basic NEEDS of all humans, it's food, clothing and shelter. Jesus confirmed that all true Christians will never lack these basic NEEDS {Matthew 6:31-32 compare to 1Timothy 6:8} but the rest are WANTS which are unlimited so God's word warned us not to have love for them! Matthew 13:22 compare to 1Timithy 6:9-10

Please anyone can be rich and anyone can be poor, Abraham, Job and Solomon were God's servants, they were rich during their lifetime.
Elijah, John , Jesus and Paul were also God's servants, they were poor throughout their lifetime. So material gain has nothing to do with our spirituality.

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
They were never poor. Read ur Bible. The Bible said, they never lacked anything According to the book of Acts4 and 5. When peter asked Jesus what would be their reward after they left all and followed him. Jesus promised them earthly material blessings and eternal life. They experienced this. It obvious u don't know what it means to be poor.
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Damnfailure: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
If the spiritual affects the physical, then why are the laws of the spiritual not made known to man. Creation is flawed the spiritual gives room for uncertainty. I am a thesist but I believe God knowlingly created this imbalance so we can worship him. He only cares about worship.
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
They were never poor. Read ur Bible. The Bible said, they never lacked anything According to the book of Acts4 and 5. When peter asked Jesus what would be their reward after they left all and followed him. Jesus promised them earthly material blessings and eternal life. They experienced this. It obvious u don't know what it means to be poor.

Please quote or cite the verse where Jesus made such promise!

Regarding Elijah, Elisha, John, Jesus and Paul i will quote the scriptures to prove what i typed! smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Please quote or cite the verse where Jesus made such promise!

Regarding Elijah, Elisha, John, Jesus and Paul i will quote the scriptures to prove what i typed! smiley
Matt19:27-29
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
Yes, Jesus Christ said only those who abandoned everything, material possessions included, are worthy of Him - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33. and Matthew 19 undecided

He also said that His followers should also no longer work for food that spoils ... the treasures of this world included... but they should instead work for food that endures to eternity which only He, Jesus Christ can give them - John 6 vs 25 - 41 undecided

Your case is of one who didn't count the cost before engaging the Kingdom of God. You are among those who were deceived by other false teachers into believing that Salvation was free of charge and offered smooth sailing... the Truth is far from that. undecided
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake,,, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. Matthew 19:27-29

Well let me interpret this the JWs way:

When we choose to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses families, friends and colleagues may desert us due to our faith and in most cases we may loose our jobs because of the way we want to keep ourselves spotless from the world. But if we keep focusing on the kingdom and it's blessings we will have brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, children, jobs offers houses to stay if we loose our former abode and in the new world everlasting life.

This happened to me in a practical way, i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses and everyone turned against me, i was scared that i'm loosing the people i used to know from childhood but today i can travel to any country on this planet and Jehovah's Witnesses there will welcome me like their son, brother or father simply because i keep focusing on the price and mind you i have millions of places to sleep in the houses of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the entire world!

Please can you also interpret Jesus' words in a PRACTICAL way? smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
But you need to read the message in context to properly understand it. Jesus Christ made that promise only applies to those who abandon everything for His sake - Matthew 19 vs 16 - 30 undecided
27 Peter said to him, “We left everything we had and followed you. So what will we have?”

28 Jesus said to them, “When the time of the new world comes, the Son of Man will sit on his great and glorious throne. And I can promise that you who followed me will sit on twelve thrones, and you will judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 Everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children, or farms to follow me will get much more than they left. And they will have eternal life.
30 Many people who are first now will be last in the future. And many who are last now will be first in the future. - Matthew 19 vs 27 - 30
Again, only those who abandon Everything will obtain that promise from Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Truvelisback(m): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake,,, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. Matthew 19:27-29

Well let me interpret this the JWs way:

When we choose to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses families, friends and colleagues may desert us due to our faith and in most cases we may loose our jobs because of the way we want to keep ourselves spotless from the world. But if we keep focusing on the kingdom and it's blessings we will have brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, children, jobs offers houses to stay if we loose our former abode and in the new world everlasting life.

This happened to me in a practical way, i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses and everyone turned against me, i was scared that i'm loosing the people i used to know from childhood but today i can travel to any country on this planet and Jehovah's Witnesses there will welcome me like their son, brother or father simply because i keep focusing on the price and mind you i have millions of places to sleep in the houses of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the entire world!

Please can you also interpret Jesus' words in a PRACTICAL way? smiley
What practical way are u talking abt? I have shown u the scripture. They weren't poor, they were rich. They were rich where rich when Jesus was with them and even after His departure. Jesus, asked the disciples, Do u lack anything? They said No. Anyway, thanks for letting me know that JW members are poor.
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But you need to read the message in context to properly understand it. Jesus Christ made that promise only applies to those who abandon everything for His sake - Matthew 19 vs 16 - 30 undecided
Again, only those who abandon Everything will obtain that promise from Jesus Christ. undecided

Are the brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, children becoming your personal possessions?

Because it simply means believers in all places will become your spiritual fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children and anywhere they live will become like home to you.
That's why Jesus could tell his disciples to go and tell one of his spiritual families to prepare a place in his house for their brothers to celebrate the passover!
and wherever he goes inside, say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says: “Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?” Mark 14:14

Meanwhile Jesus confirmed that he doesn't have his own personal house:

But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head! Matthew 8:20 smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
Damnfailure:
If the spiritual affects the physical, then why are the laws of the spiritual not made known to man. Creation is flawed the spiritual gives room for uncertainty. I am a thesist but I believe God knowlingly created this imbalance so we can worship him. He only cares about worship.
According to God and Jesus Christ, men are born physicals beings from their mother's wombs. They were not created spiritual beings so it is unnecessary for man to concern himself with that which belongs only to spirits. undecided

The imbalance you assume has nothing to do with creation - it is mostly of your mind. undecided

Now when one becomes born-again, only then does one become born of Spirit, a new spirit is assigned one. And one then gains entry into the Kingdom of God where Jesus Christ rules over all spirits. undecided
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
What practical way are u talking abt? I have shown u the scripture. They weren't poor, they were rich. They were rich where rich when Jesus was with them and even after His departure. Jesus, asked the disciples, Do u lack anything? They said No. Anyway, thanks for letting me know that JW members are poor.

You already said you detests what we teach so don't worry, we are not materialistic yet you will never find a JW beggar {Psalms 37:25} that's the import of what our first century brothers meant when they said they lack nothing, remember the three basic NEEDS: FOOD, CLOTHING and SHELTER but as for WANTS (which is unlimited) true believers will never go for it! Psalms 23:1

Thanks for your time! smiley
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by Damnfailure: 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
I still curse God
Re: The spiritual effects vs the Physical effects.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:14am On Nov 05, 2021
The false teachings that the true God favours His worshipers materially is the major reason why atheism is gaining ground today because majority will take it religiously but after they've been disappointed they start demanding why God didn't fulfil His promises which was never a promise from God but misinformation from confused religionists.

Damnfailure:
I still curse God
This commentator typed this but a true believer with discernment will know that what this man meant in his heart is "i want to speak with that God whom they say do favour His worshipers because i know many who truly worshiped Him with all their heart yet they are poor" whereas both the atheist and his so called relation were misinformed! undecided
That's why Jehovah's Witnesses teaches exactly what the Bible says:
God is not the one behind the riches of this world! Luke 4:5-8 smiley

(1) (Reply)

INSIDE LIFE: PASTOR Bathe For Ladies Naked In Church At Crossover Night For Deli / What If Satan Decide To Repent Now, Will He Be Forgiven ? / Dr Paul Enenche, Wife In Uyo For Rev Ntia Church’s 22th Anniversary [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.