Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. (12036 Views)

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba / There Are Two Moments In History When, As A Yoruba, I Was Embarrassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by kollinzgee(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2021
I have met countless Kogi people say this even though they are Yoruba speaking part of Kogi,one is Tunde from yagba and tbe other is oyindamola from kabba,it's not just an Igbo thing it's a Nationwide thing,a average Kogi sees himself as a distinct from Yoruba,e no go better for divide and rule people..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by leksite120(m): 10:41am On Oct 31, 2021
That's not true, most of the Yoruba people of Kogi proudly claim to be Yoruba.
It's different from the Igbo type.
For the Igbo type, most just have some dialect of Igbo but not full language.

For the Yoruba Kogi, they speak full Yoruba, so why would they deny being Yoruba? If they don't claim Yoruba, which tribe would they proudly claim

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by cazchi: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2021
leksite120:

For the Yoruba Kogi, they speak full Yoruba, so why would they deny being Yoruba? If they don't claim Yoruba, which tribe would they proudly claim

Don’t speak for the Igbos please. I grew up in Lagos and can vouch that the way Ibadan Yoruba sounds different to Lagos Yoruba is the way Anambra Igbo is to those in Ugwuocha, Igbanke, Anioma etc.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by kollinzgee(m): 10:52am On Oct 31, 2021
leksite120:

Oga even you cannot understand cannot understand Kogi dialect ,i don't think you have heard them speak before.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by IamWonderful: 10:54am On Oct 31, 2021
kollinzgee:
I have met countless Kogi people say this even though they are Yoruba speaking part of Kogi,one is Tunde from yagba and tbe other is oyindamola from kabba,it's not just an Igbo thing it's a Nationwide thing,a average Kogi sees himself as a distinct from Yoruba,e no go better for divide and rule people..
Stop being mischievous and been filled with hatred, it wouldn't lead you anywhere good.

I am sure you are igbo Catholics when igbo Jews led by kanu nnamadi are busy wrecking havoc everywhere in the south east.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by paramakina202: 10:56am On Oct 31, 2021
leksite120:

Do you speak Igbo to understand the difference in dialects?
Say what you know cos Yoruba also have different dialects.
In Igbo land every Village or town speaks their own dialect no town or village speaks what you call full language whatever that is.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2021
kollinzgee:

Oga even you cannot understand cannot understand Kogi dialect ,i don't think you have heard them speak before.
There is nothing called Kogi dialect

30 Likes

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Sergio101(m): 10:58am On Oct 31, 2021
cool
OP you are very correct.
one nearly slapped me for calling her Yoruba booty girl. said she's not Yoruba but kogi.
I asked myself" which one is kogi??"

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by houseontherock: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2021
If they don't claim Yoruba, what will they claim? Ebira or gara? grin

Even their Ilorin friends are claiming Yoruba despite the fact that islam has brought them closer to the abokeys

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by JAMO84: 11:00am On Oct 31, 2021
Be deceiving yourself.

Every single Yoruba outside the South West will proudly claim Yoruba heritage.

Kogi state Yoruba will fight you dirty if you dare call him any other tribe. Only Igbo of other regions do everything possible to deny their root.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Sergio101(m): 11:01am On Oct 31, 2021
houseontherock:

Even their Ilorin friends are claiming Yoruba despite the fact that islam has brought them closer to the abokeys

Those ones are more alingn to the north.

Indeed oduduwa republic will be top notched

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Bendeco02: 11:04am On Oct 31, 2021
JAMO84:
Be deceiving yourself.

Kogi state Yoruba will fight you dirty if you dare call him any other tribe. Only Igbo of other regions do everything possible to deny their root.
Calm down Oga.. Even Ijebu in south west deny being yoruba.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Arda1000(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2021
Am not from Kogi but Kogi is just a state so which means it's an artificial creation,if your ethnicity is Yoruba and you are from Kogi state it doesn't make you any difference from a Yoruba from Lagos yeah they might be a dialect difference,the same applies to Igbo and other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

An Hausa man from Nigeria sees an Hausa man from Niger more as a brother than a Yoruba or Igbo man

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Ekejoestar(m): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2021
Honestly what the OP said it's true though I haven't given any thought to it but I've seen many people claiming kogi state but they speak Yoruba and it have made me think that maybe kogi is a distinct tribe on its own but I personally know two people who claims they are not Yoruba but kogi, I live in Ogun State Atan to be precise and deals in plumbing materials and most of my customers are yorubas, so don't doubt me.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by kollinzgee(m): 11:16am On Oct 31, 2021
Arda1000:
Am not from Kogi but Kogi is just a state so which means it's an artificial creation,if your ethnicity is Yoruba and you are from Kogi state it doesn't make you any difference from a Yoruba from Lagos yeah they might be a dialect difference,the same applies to Igbo and other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

An Hausa man from Nigeria sees an Hausa man from Niger more as a brother than a Yoruba or Igbo man

This is why I keep saying notheners are wiser than southerners,i bet you if there is war in Nigeria today between north and south the north will enjoy numerical advantage because their brothers from Chad,Niger, Mali etc will join this fight because they see themselves as one people united by Islam,but here in the south i doubt if Kogi and kwarra Yorubas will join southwest Yorubas in the fight against north because they will feel it doesn't concern them Afterall they are not real yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by helinues: 11:22am On Oct 31, 2021
Yoruba's no dey form familiarities like some people

Try harder op

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by SRAROFDAVID: 11:28am On Oct 31, 2021
JAMO84:
Be deceiving yourself.

but why is that so, I'd don't know why some of our people are like that, they say is because of oil and fear of subjugation by fed like they do to Igbo's of south east. I am ikwere man from rivers state, I am Igbo and I am also a member of ohaneze rivers chapter

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Bendeco02: 11:31am On Oct 31, 2021
kollinzgee:

This is why I keep saying notheners are wiser than southerners,i bet you if there is war in Nigeria today between north and south the north will enjoy numerical advantage because their brothers from Chad,Niger, Mali etc will join this fight because they see themselves as one people united by Islam,but here in the south i doubt if Kogi and kwarra Yorubas will join southwest Yorubas in the fight against north because they will feel it doesn't concern them Afterall they are not real yorubas.
You are correct bro ...... Southerners are too divided along tribal difference.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by SlayerForever: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2021
leksite120:

Igala man can never ever claim to be Yoruba. Get your facts right.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by uthlaw: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
SlayerForever:

Igala man can never ever claim to be Yoruba. Get your facts right.
that is the last thing for yoruba to accept igala as part of them...how many Ena be join together!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by CUMIN: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
kollinzgee:

Go and tell that to senator smart Adeyemi and Dino melaye. They will school you on being Yoruba.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by lascos912(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bendeco02:

Calm down Oga.. Even Ijebu in south west deny being yoruba.
where did you hear that from

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Zenithh: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
Big lie

Kogites will proudly claim Yoruba. Unlike ibos. A delta man from Aniona will tell u plainly he is delta and not Ibo.

I think for them it boils down to the way the real ibos have succeeded in tarnishing their image both locally and internationally. When it comes to fake drugs,drug trafficking,fake products,cheating,wickedness the Ibo man dey for front.

Be good and pple will want to identify with you.

I am not saying there are no bad eggs in Yoruba land or among d yorubas

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ijesha, Ijebu, Egba, Egun, Oyo etc are all different dialects of the Yoruba language and this also exists in the Igbo language as well.
French and English language also have dialects/accents. Even in France, accents differ, A might speak Normand (French), B might speak Marseille etc, over 10 of them alone in France o and French French (France generally) differs from Canadian French somehow.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
leksite120:

will you keep quite

we yagba are not Yoruba and I will never claim Yoruba because you people are the real problem of this country

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
houseontherock:

yagba ( okun )
Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Arda1000(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
kollinzgee:

Exactly
Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Transcriber: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
awesonjr:

yagba ( okun )
all these yamree sef

What language do you speak again? cheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Guestlander: 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
awesonjr:

will you keep quite

we yagba are not Yoruba and I will never claim Yoruba because you people are the real problem of this country

You are not Yagba. Dino Melaye is from Kogi, what does he claim?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
Transcriber:
all these yamree sef
What language do you speak again? cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
Guestlander:

You are not Yagba. Dino Melaye is from Kogi, what does he claim?
na waiting him go eat e dey find

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Seeks Disqualification Of APC’s Governorship, Senatorial Candidates In Benue / Appeal Court Bars PDP From Conducting Fresh Primaries In Ihedioha's Constituency / Iyabo Anisulowo: Police Deploy Helicopters To Search For Kidnapped Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.