Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

How To Keep Rats Out Of Your Car Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Keep Rats Out Of Your Car Engine (442 Views)

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / How To Keep Rats Away From Eating Your Car Wires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Rats Out Of Your Car Engine by Holarexautos(m): 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Rodents are everywhere, and they can do substantial damage when they occupy your vehicle. They might decide your car is a safe place to make a nest and a useful site to store food. If you can prevent them, you may win the battle.

There are a series of techniques used to prevent mayhem by the destructive Rodents, and they work particularly well in combination. Various lines of defense seem to work best.
https://holarexautos.com.ng/

STEPS TO TAKE :
1- Block small entrances to the vehicle engine compartment.

Some car owners place traps around the vehicle or on top of the wheel since rats climb wheels to get into the engine Some block engine entrances with wire screen

2- Remove or Close off rat hiding places near the car.
Cut down nearby thick Bush and vines where they may hide. If you have a garage, block rat-sized entrances to the building, or spray openings with substances that rats hate (see below)

3– Use Chemical that Rats Hates
Rats have a tremendous sense of smell. Just as some smells attract rats, there are also many smells that rats dislike. And knowing something about a rat’s sense of smell can help you deter them from setting up a home on your property, Examples of such Chemicals are Ammonia, peppermint, Red Chilli or pepper, Naphthalene.

4– Use Local methods, Like recruiting a Cat
Rats are afraid and know the smell of their natural predators like a cat, so placing a cat or Cat hair in your car helps to deter rodents.

5– Do not let your car Park unused.
Drive it once in a while to discourage rats from doing mechanical or electrical damage.

6– Use Charcoal
Some people have testified that placing huge chunks of charcoal in your engine hood helps to Scare rat Away

7– Use Rat traps.
Rats traps such as glue traps of mechanical traps help to capture rats and deter the rest of them from frequenting
https://holarexautos.com.ng/how-to-keep-rats-out-of-your-car-engine/

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need You Inputs On This / Accidents? What Do You Do? / I Need Help With A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.